Author Topic: [IC] JD40 Kits  (Read 29822 times)

Offline mr scooty

Re: [IC] JD40 Kits
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 12:57:35 »
This kit is awesome. Any word on how reputable this buyparty.io group is? I know they're new

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 17:58:33 »
This kit is awesome. Any word on how reputable this buyparty.io group is? I know they're new

I'll be re-distributing the JD40. The web-site belongs to a friend!

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 00:34:53 »

Awesome! Really excited about the JD40 case and was hoping for some of the other colors mentioned in the OP. Plus the buyparty site could use some work.. Pretty difficult to navigate, not sure how well the wordpress templates work for this type of site

Offline tacnificent

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 12:12:28 »
No case color options? Option for no switches?

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:50:10 »

So, u'll run ur own GB / Store for the JD40 kits, basically?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 16:51:10 »

So, u'll run ur own GB / Store for the JD40 kits, basically?

No, I'll be re-distributing the one from buyparty. We'll have a re-launch next Friday.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 17:52:20 »

No, I'll be re-distributing the one from buyparty. We'll have a re-launch next Friday.

If you're planning to rerun through buyparty, may I suggest doing some cleanup or changes to their login/account setup process. It was pretty finicky when I was trying to set up an account

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 17:53:19 »

If you're planning to rerun through buyparty, may I suggest doing some cleanup or changes to their login/account setup process. It was pretty finicky when I was trying to set up an account

Yeah, I've already told them to fix the account/login. We're going to try to bypass that if possible

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 21:52:01 »

Yeah, I've already told them to fix the account/login. We're going to try to bypass that if possible

Awesome! Thanks a bunch. That was really my only issue with them. I definitely understand the benefits that come from template web dev kits like wordpress and wix, but without plugins/extra dev work they just become so darn difficult the second you try to make something a little out of the box...

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 17:15:44 »
I've got the same question. I believe you mentioned case color options of black, grey, pink, and red. Also, I log into the site for it & there was no option to buy w/o switches.  Well, I'm looking forward to the next time around.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 17:30:26 »
I've got the same question. I believe you mentioned case color options of black, grey, pink, and red. Also, I log into the site for it & there was no option to buy w/o switches.  Well, I'm looking forward to the next time around.

The JD40 itself only comes with the case, plate, and pcb. The switches are on the side and you can choose to order them.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 17:34:03 »

The JD40 itself only comes with the case, plate, and pcb. The switches are on the side and you can choose to order them.
Thanks & are different case colors an option?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 17:35:34 »

Yeah, I'll add that information. We're going to do a new re-launch. This is where the MOD-SH will be sold and limited to only 100 units!

We're also going to drop the price of the JD40 to welcome new buyers. The current buy isn't 'Live' yet.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 17:39:40 »

Yeah, I'll add that information. We're going to do a new re-launch. This is where the MOD-SH will be sold and limited to only 100 units!

We're also going to drop the price of the JD40 to welcome new buyers. The current buy isn't 'Live' yet.

Great, I'm in for a set of Mod SH switches too. Thanks

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:50:21 »

Any word on when this might begin?

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 11:43:35 »

Any word on when this might begin?
It's live now: https://originative.co/products/jd40-pcb
I talked to Sherryton yestetday & it hasn't reached MOQ yet. To everyone that said they "wanted one," please join this gb." I joined yesterday (rose gold kit), everyone interested, please join by the last day, this Friday (5/5/2017), I know we can do it!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 12:22:54 »
Thread locked as the IC phase has been finished.  Please discuss the group buy in a dedicated GB thread or in the absence of one either contact Sherryton directly or discuss it in the Originative section.  Thank you.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -