Author Topic: [SOLD][US] IBM Model F AT Layout  (Read 1895 times)

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
[SOLD][US] IBM Model F AT Layout
« on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 16:18:16 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-F-AT-Keyboard-Buckling-Spring-RARE-Mechanical-/261701258839?

I purchased this off of ebay a month ago but I'm not too big a fan of the layout. The only changes I made to the original was washing the keycaps with the denture tablet method. It works with my AT to PS/2 Converter. If you have any further questions, ask away.

The price on ebay is $140+Shipping, if you want to purchase through GeekHack and avoid ebay fees, I will give you a discount.
SOLD
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:21:43 by MGH »

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
Re: [US] IBM Model F AT Layout
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 16:26:41 »
What are your issues with the layout?  The layout can be changed up fairly easily.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 16:51:14 »
What are your issues with the layout?  The layout can be changed up fairly easily.

The main issue was that I don't get F11 or F12 keys, but the split backspace and unstandard bottom row also didn't bode well for me.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 17:15:57 »

The main issue was that I don't get F11 or F12 keys, but the split backspace and unstandard bottom row also didn't bode well for me.

I plan to do the mod to totally fix my bottom row, along with Backspace and Enter, but it is not a trivial undertaking.

About function keys, I always set the left F10 to "Windows" since I never use F10 anyway. I do use F11, often, and would probably reset F9 to F11 if I did not have upper function keys.

What does F12 do, anyway?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 19:28:35 »

At 76 posts (currently) you're about to become a real geekhacker. mOd yours and get the ANSO return or whatever you want! I modded mine... and don't use it. BUt it was an awesome experience.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.