Author Topic: [GB] Think6.5° | 65% Custom Keyboard (completed)  (Read 251320 times)

Offline AIRPOTTER

• Owner of Gray Studio
[GB] Think6.5° | 65% Custom Keyboard (completed)
« on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 20:42:15 »
Space65 Keyboard Guide: https://keyboard.guide/board/think6.5/

Think6.5 V1 Group Buy has been 100% completed. For Think6.5 V2 information, please move to page:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105950.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------THINK6.5°-------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey my keeb friends, after receiving great feedback and testing the prototypes, it's time THINK6.5° is ready for the Group Buy. Think6.5° is a keyboard I co-designed with Geekhack user Oldcat. Oldcat and I will be working together during the GB process. I will be primarily be the ground man responsible for manufacturing, fulfillment, and partial invoicing. And Oldcat will be coordinating with me for manufacturing/fulfillment, communicating with GB participants, and possibly doing partial invoicing.

Brandon Taylor's Review of Think6.5 V1

The name Think6.5° comes from René Descartes' philosophy that "I think, therefore I am." Combining the fact that the board has a 6.5° degree angle, we name it Think6.5°.[/size]

Key Features
1. Premium-quality and affordable 65% keyboard in different materials and colors
2. 6.5 degree angle
3. Default option includes PVD Brass Badge and PVD Brass Weight which will be premium upgrades in many other group buys
4. 4.5mm, integrated plate, with switch slot and corner cuts to optimize switch tolerance.
5. Four versions: ANSI with badge (compact 660), ANSI without badge, Compatible-layout with badge, and compatible-layout without badge
6. PCB: fully programmable, QMK, type-C (center position connector), underglow, ESC 4XRGB, 3 hotswap LED slots above badge, Kaihua hotswap sockets for ANSI layouts, non-hotswap for compatible layouts. Compatible with PCB screw-in stabilizers.
7. Limited Edition full brass versions
8. Keyboard Design: oldcat and airpotter
9. PCB Design: DEMO Studio
10. Manufacturer: gray studio and factory

Supported Layouts

Group Buy Forms

Full Brass Raffle: April 13: 6:50AM-6:50PM PDT
Link to Brass Raffle Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Kqb9N0vQKTf8ifRm7FaxchaOwiOwQ3u5f7VU1CBUsGg/

Polycarbonate/Aluminum GB: April 14 6:50PM PDT - April 30
Link to Aluminum 6063 GB form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VdI2czaCw4di53ntalcvGMlHlJaqR949d0QDGedKqyo/

Link to PC Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1g47x4puu_xyECA1WHyrnbacP7MBZ9OHq-VtDV8z2_NA/

Feel free to pre-fill the forms and submit after GB opening time. All responses submitted prior to GB start time will be cleared.

Group Buy Payment Process
PayPal invoices will be issued in the order of sequence, you will have until the end of the Group Buy payment deadline window to pay the invoice. If you have questions or concerns about payments, ask before paying.

5% fees that include PayPal fee and currency exchange fees will be added.

Shipping fees will be billed based on your courier preference (SF Express or EMS/DHL). It should be noted that SF Express is cheaper for most part of the world.
SF Express: http://www.sf-express.com/sg/en/dynamic_function/price/
DHL: https://ratequote.dhl-usa.com/

Timeline
April 8th: The group forms will be submitted to Geekhack for approval. This is NOT when the group buy starts, but rather the GB post submission and approval. No options will be added or removed on/after April 8th. At this time, feel free to pre-fill the forms and submit after GB opening time.

April 13th: Full Brass Think65 GB // Raffle form opens. The form will be open for 12 total hours, from 6:50am PDT - 6:50pm PDT. Full brass is limited to only 25 units! This is not FCFS, but a raffle. Winners will be announced at 8:00PM PDT.

April 14th - April 30th: Think65 GB officially opens! The form will go live at 6:50pm PDT and stay open until April 30th or whenever we reach production capacity (which is a combined maximum of 650 units worldwide), whichever comes first. Both polycarbonate and aluminum versions will be available.

GB Fulfillment: Start fulfilling 4 months after GB payment collection, ships in order sequence.

Full Brass Think65 Details

Material: Thunk65 will be produced in THICC full brass!
Color choices: 18K Real Gold PVD, Black PVD, Rose Gold PVD.
Price: $650

Polycarbonate/Aluminum Think65 Details

Think65 will be produced in (a) regular Clear PC, (b) reinforced Black PC, and (c)Aluminum 6063.
Aluminum color choices: Midnight blue, Wavez Green, Tiffany blue, Space Gray, and Olivia Rose Gold.

Price: $299.98

What’s In The Box?

Each Think65 will include the following:
1x case, top and bottom
1x brass weight (gold PVD)
1x brass badge (gold PVD, not included with layout #2(b) or #4(d))
1x PCB
Plenty of screws, rubber feet, LEDs, box designed by airpotter.

Options // Accessories

Extra badges, weights, and PCBs will be available. Please read form for more details.

Raffle // Giveaway Details:

See oldcat's post below.

Order Track:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rOTqOjr9nVbYgNa4URBm4Epm_39DB-gAZ9jdzM3rATk/

Links of interest
Follow oldcat on Instagram
Follow graystudio on Instagram
Chat on Discord Channel

Special Thanks:
To Spade, BHK1004, voxkey, Langelandia, urbantheii, eskimojo, Capsy, and many other Gray Discord members for the continuous feedback and strong support.
To Visionaire for helping with the Excel forms.
To Cary, PP, Scott, 虾饺一通, and other enthusiasts in the Chinese keeb community for letting me borrow your expensive keycaps and for the voluntary help with the photoshoot.
To EnjoyInSec and Olivia for sharing the color codes of their amazing sets for our new anodization colors.
To TopClack (Brian, Jae, and viewers) for the IC release-day discussions and suggestions.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 May 2020, 19:32:42 by AIRPOTTER »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: 【GB】Think6.5
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:03:24 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:06:18 »
I'm in! Lets go boys!!!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:07:04 »

Form Submission Details
All Forms will be open for pre-fill, but all submissions prior to the GB open time will be cleared.
All Forms will be editable until they are closed. But be mindful that the timestamp of an edited form will be automatically updated to the last update time.
Note that in order to edit the form, you will need to click "Edit your response" after form submission and save your personal form link to edit later.

Eligible Brass Raffle Entries

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NV7Bg_dSPk-XMA5E5hmVRdMyF-sRA13kkGzmkzenK6I/

Brass Order Check:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IzWqGK3syxxaAd8BGyGFQO61wzPBkRcEKvEAtTnfDG0/edit?usp=sharing

-------------------------------
Thanks to everyone who tuned in to watch the live stream random drawing!
------Brass raffle winning entries------
generic193
urbantheii #9650
mankikami
TyKute#8410
LOLingMAO
tskiller#0130
sykim0310
Audiobs
Morgan3Wheeler
octagon1337#8850
Minhjaa
TheysaidTEETH
rys
SolidCactus
henapkr
Youngr1189
codykala
skewed
Ho Young Kim
aslejoh on geekhack
Yahosh#0206
kev#1922
minhvo
Bhk1004
nat
Langelandia #6604
sallyday77
0x1337
SaM#2748
------------------------------

Order modification starts now till end of day Saturday:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lWL9NhzX60TitIBWhYw9xZvKncZJd80CJ0XnSDy0Ei0/edit?usp=sharing

Submit an order modification request here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17gV584N-10I6C44J9FmjN8mLYMNsst1Mnv6roCC5vyU/

The PC/alu order forms will be open till April 30 end of day. Late joiners will be added to the order spreadsheet, or waitlisted if more than 500 valid orders are received.

We will prepare Excel form for invoicing this Sunday

We will send invoices starting Sunday, payment will be due in 7 days of the invoice date.

------------------------------

Giveaway Raffle Procedure and Details

Eligibility:

1. The invoice needs to be paid by the time raffle starts (raffle starts after payment deadline).
2. Follow @oldcat87 (https://www.instagram.com/oldcat87/) and @graystudio01 (https://www.instagram.com/graystudio01/) on Instagram.

Procedure:

On the day GB payment is fully collected, oldcat will draw the raffle winners. All orders will be ranked chronologically by order submission time to determine eligibility with the following raffles. Random number generators will be used to determine the winners. If the situation permits, oldcat will live stream the raffle process.

1. 1 randomly selected winner out of ALL orders will receive 70 pcs of Transparent GSUS Panda switches we purchased from a private China GB.
2. 3 randomly selected winners out of ALL orders will receive a $49.98 refund.
3. 6.5% (e.g., 500*6.5%=33 pcs) of randomly selected winners out of ALL orders will receive an additional special PC badge.
4. First 65 orders will be entered into a drawing of 1 winner of an anodized aluminum badge collection ($110 value).
5. First 100 orders (first 65 still eligible) will be entered into a drawing of 3 winners of 1 rose gold PVD brass weight ($30 value).
6. First 150 orders (first 100 still eligible, same applies below) will be entered into a drawing of 3 winners of 1 rose gold PVD brass badge ($20 value).
7. First 200 orders (first 150 still eligible, same applies below) will be entered into a drawing of 3 winners of 1 Wavez color aluminum badge.
8. We will announce additional giveaways after the whole GB completes, all GB participants will be eligible.
9. Raffle for Brass, PC, and Aluminum are combined for Giveaway #1, #2 and #3. Other raffle giveaways are combined for PC and Aluminum.

Notes: For fair raffle drawing purposes, if you plan to order multiple boards, please fill out multiple forms. Every order is eligible as one ticket for a raffle drawing. Shipping for multiple orders will be combined later on. If you win a raffle and you added optional items, your invoice will be partially refunded (pro-rated partial refund based on the stated value if the raffle item is part of the optional combo items).

Live streamed the raffle on Instagram, and here are the results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1blZ07CFPSgISsZX9lWgjmE8l2V1kjlWdPbYJzek6jn4/

« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2019, 17:37:04 by oldcat »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:07:14 »
Photo Album for the Prototypes: https://imgur.com/a/nr0e886

Sound test: https://soundcloud.com/oldcat87/think65-with-retooled-blacks

Note: the brass badges and weights in the prototypes have not been PVD treated. All gold brass badges and weights will receive 18k Gold PVD treatments!

Visuals:

Not a valid vimeo URL
Not a valid vimeo URL
Polycarb Scratch Tests:
1. With metal tweezer
Not a valid vimeo URL2. With plastic
Not a valid vimeo URL

Our second version of the PCB proto has completed. Here is a sample of the white solder mask, black trace colorway (production version will have all the RGB LEDs pre-soldered) and all the traces/prints will be clear.

« Last Edit: Sun, 05 May 2019, 02:52:30 by oldcat »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:07:24 »
Think6.5, Update Log:

5-6-2019:

Full brass: final design file has been shipped to the factory.
PC/alu: all paypal invoices issued. Once payment is collected, we will confirm the final design and the production will start.
PCB: hotswap: second version (final) design is completed. We will make yet another 1-2 colors and make a final decision of the colorway soon.
        Compatible: prototype design is finished and sent to factory

5-27-2019:
All raffles done and announced. We will be working on the raffles on our end. No actions needed from participants.

5-30-2019:

Full brass production under way
Brass badges production under way

Sorry for the low-res images in factory

6-5-2019:

Designed packaging.

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 12:41:21 by oldcat »

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:14:26 »
🤔6️⃣.5️⃣

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:17:37 »
Let the hype building begin. Really surprised at that 650 limit

Edit:

Same price for a unit without a badge as with? Badges are $20 to add on and probably require the case to have extra milling time.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:27:02 by danielucf »
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline rowie

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:24:52 »
Love it! Wish the yellow was available so I can match it with my yellow canoe. Money saved for me I guess. Good luck with the sale oldcat. It was nice to follow the development of this keyboard at Discord.  :cool:

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 09:28:21 »
Folks, Raffle details and prototype pictures will be updated soon in the first few posts

Offline dhb82

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 10:28:18 »
Is it possible to edit the color? 😬

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 10:29:51 »
Looking forward to this!

What is the origin shipping location?  I just want to check rates or estimated time to compare transit time vs rates to US.

If ordering the ANSI hotswap w/ badge, will the extra solder pcb still work with that integrated plate to utilize a split backspace?

Thanks all.

Offline calveeen

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 10:35:43 »
Aw, we don't get to choose the colour of the brass weight when picking a board? :(

Offline TheMnBN

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 10:57:24 »
Looking forward to this!

What is the origin shipping location?  I just want to check rates or estimated time to compare transit time vs rates to US.

If ordering the ANSI hotswap w/ badge, will the extra solder pcb still work with that integrated plate to utilize a split backspace?

Thanks all.

Base off the the pictures of plate cut-outs, if it's only the split backspace you're after then solder PCB will work with the hotswap plate. Oldcat and Airpotter will probably have a more detailed clarification for this.

Offline Aznguyen316

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 11:01:29 »
Base off the the pictures of plate cut-outs, if it's only the split backspace you're after then solder PCB will work with the hotswap plate. Oldcat and Airpotter will probably have a more detailed clarification for this.

Thanks.  I'll ask this over on the IC thread.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2019, 11:03:04 by Aznguyen316 »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 11:05:28 »
Let the hype building begin. Really surprised at that 650 limit

Edit:
Show Image

Same price for a unit without a badge as with? Badges are $20 to add on and probably require the case to have extra milling time.

Yes non-badge is a bit cheaper to make but the price is still way below comparable offerings :)
One price to make everything simple and clear.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 11:06:36 »
Looking forward to this!

Guangzhou, China

Ansi will not allow split BS if you check the layout graph. The soldering pcb can be used for ansi for sure.

Thanks all.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 11:07:56 »
Aw, we don't get to choose the colour of the brass weight when picking a board? :(

Standardize as much as we can for default options to ensure we fulfill on schedule.
There will be options to purchase additional badges.

Offline sleepybrett

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 11:24:35 »
Probably would have been perfect for laser, alas no split spacebar support.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 11:36:43 »
GLWS!

I'll be in for at least one.

Glad to see that the maximum cap is reasonable.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 12:36:27 »
Yes non-badge is a bit cheaper to make but the price is still way below comparable offerings :)

If I'll be paying for it I can request to have my badge included with a no badge board? Would be cool to have a Think6.5 badge as a desk trinket.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline mastercheif116

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 13:46:27 »
I'm a bit confused. I filled out the PC order form since the link worked for me, but it also says that it won't be open until 4/14.

Do I need to fill out the form again on the 14th? I don't want to double order.

Thanks!
Searching for the OG shine

Offline pcire

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 13:56:19 »
I'm a bit confused. I filled out the PC order form since the link worked for me, but it also says that it won't be open until 4/14.

All responses submitted prior to GB start time will be cleared.

You will have to fill out the form again.
I believe the form is there so that you can take a look and decide what you want to get.  They don't want you to fill out just to be one of the first orders to get on the raffles and then later change your order.

Offline nothingless7

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 14:13:47 »
I think there’s a typo in the order form. It says layouts ‘a’ and ‘c’ to include hotswap pcb, but it should be ‘a’ and ‘b’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bball2

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 14:22:12 »
After how well the Cod67 group buy went, I'm definitely joining this as well!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 15:23:30 »

If I'll be paying for it I can request to have my badge included with a no badge board? Would be cool to have a Think6.5 badge as a desk trinket.

We will figure something out :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 15:24:17 »

Thanks!

Hey, the forms are for preview. All responses before the GB opening time will be cleared. Thanks! Sorry for the confusion

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 15:24:49 »
I think there’s a typo in the order form. It says layouts ‘a’ and ‘c’ to include hotswap pcb, but it should be ‘a’ and ‘b’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed, thanks, I have just corrected it, and much appreciated!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 15:56:44 »

We will figure something out :)

I hope you guys will consider giving a badge even for the folks that choose a "no badge" board. I'd like to keep the badge anyways!

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 17:13:57 »

Yeah I am going no badge too, but would still like the PVD Badge if possible.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 17:17:12 »
Never seen black PC before, excited to see the prototype pics!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 23:03:54 »
Upon actual usage of the frost clear PC version, I have made the decision to increase the underglow from 8 LEDs to 14 LEDs. Thanks all, for the suggestions.

Offline Darknight00z

Re: [GB] Think6.5° (Launch 4/13)
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 02:15:34 »
Thanks for the update! How heavy is the prototype?

Offline Spade

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 02:28:43 »
Thanks for the update! How heavy is the prototype?

Looking at about 1kg!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 03:52:32 »
Does the PC GB start at the same time as the aluminum one?

P.S. That’s 3:50:00 am CEST | Monday, April 15, 2019 for people in the EU.

Offline Full

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 04:07:55 »
Hey, I am a complete keyboard noob, but I really like the look of this keyboard, how much will the full brass and the aluminium versions weigh approx?

Kind regards
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 April 2019, 06:53:36 by aslejoh »
Hi!

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 09:07:15 »
Brass around 4-5kg. Alum ~1.5kg.

Omfg I'm so excited!

Offline Full

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 09:23:28 »

Omfg I'm so excited!

Thank you :) I have already entered the Brass raffle :)

Another "stupid" question, as most of what is written in these Group buys are greek to me with all the acronyms and english not being my first language :P

QQ
Extra PVD Brass Badge + Weight ($50) *
QQ

This option (which I chose..), is this already included in the main package? And will not add any additional weight to the base package?..

Once again, I am sorry that I dont know to much about all this stuff, a bit overwhelming.
Hi!

Offline Bhk1004

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 09:36:13 »

Omfg I'm so excited!

Another "stupid" question, as most of what is written in these Group buys are greek to me with all the acronyms and english not being my first language :P

QQ
QQ

This option (which I chose..), is this already included in the main package? And will not add any additional weight to the base package?..

Once again, I am sorry that I dont know to much about all this stuff, a bit overwhelming.

2 things.

1. Any entry before the start time/date will be purged before the start of the GB/Raffle, so you need to actually enter for the brass raffle in the time listed below (in the first post.) The forms are only opened now so that everyone can review their options.

2. The extra PVD Brass/Weight options is purely to have additional colors, this will not increase the weight of your keyboard. There are 3 pvd options Black/Rose gold/Gold. The extra option is so that you can have 2 color options if that is what you wish.

Offline Full

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 09:57:54 »

Omfg I'm so excited!

QQ
QQ

2 things.

1. Any entry before the start time/date will be purged before the start of the GB/Raffle, so you need to actually enter for the brass raffle in the time listed below (in the first post.) The forms are only opened now so that everyone can review their options.

2. The extra PVD Brass/Weight options is purely to have additional colors, this will not increase the weight of your keyboard. There are 3 pvd options Black/Rose gold/Gold. The extra option is so that you can have 2 color options if that is what you wish.

Thank you so much for your help! Have put on an alarm on my phone for the drop :)
Hi!

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 11:19:15 »
Any pictures of the "Glass-fiber enhanced black PC"?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 18:17:27 »
Any pictures of the "Glass-fiber enhanced black PC"?

There is one in the album, I will try to take a few more. It feels the same as the frosted clear PC except for the color.

Offline kolyz

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 21:33:54 »
When is the build stream going to be uploaded to youtube?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 22:35:08 »
When is the build stream going to be uploaded to youtube?

Hey the build stream is not archived it seems. I have done a few typing tests and will do a few more. So far it's very nice. My findings:

1. Holy Panda sound is being amplified and it's very thocky. Therefore, if you plan to use it in an open office environment, be warned that your colleague may shoot you.
2. Kaihua Cream sound is less high pitched as in another alu plate. I think I don't like the sound that much.
3. Gateron linear (I used the recently released Gateron mint switch) achieves a better result than Kaihua Creams.
4. Lubed Retooled blacks (63.5g SPRiT springs) with GMK caps achieve the best (in my opinion), it's a heavenly sound and feeling to me.
5. PC plates, even at 4.5mm, are quite flexible, and it is not harsh bottoming out (at all).
6. This German PC case is much more robust than I thought. I have probably opened and screwed back 5 times today already, still intact no stripped screw threads YET. But of course, be careful if you do buy a PC version, I am sure you can still strip it if you use maximum force.

Unfortunately, I just broke my finger earlier today but will slowly upload some videos. It took me a while to type the above...
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 April 2019, 23:06:21 by oldcat »

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 01:12:56 »
Yikes! Hope the finger heals quickly. We’re gonna need that story, though :)

Would love similar information on the alu version and let us know when the build stream is up, please.  Thanks!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 01:23:06 »

Would love similar information on the alu version and let us know when the build stream is up, please.  Thanks!

Thanks! The Alu version proto is coming out soon, but I figure it won't be too much of a surprise as many have used M60A and Doro, and upcoming Koyu uses a similar plate design. M60a is widely accepted, works great especially with linear switches. One difference is that the bottom piece of Think6.5 is much thicker than the above-mentioned boards, should make it sound more solid (very little hollow space).

Also, after using the PC version for a bit, I think most likely mixing alu and pc should work fine and will be pretty sick, something I am keen to test out.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 01:25:50 »
Good to hear. Will you have hands on w the alu build before the 14th? I’d love to hear opinions from someone who’s used both.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 01:30:16 »
Good to hear. Will you have hands on w the alu build before the 14th? I’d love to hear opinions from someone who’s used both.

Unfortunately not. It should be available during the GB though but it will unlikely reach my hands. As I said, Potter has so much experience with manufacturing Alu boards, the chance of messing alu up is probably close to zero. PC is newer and more challenging even for experienced manufacturers, therefore it has been my focus.

That said, I have requested that I will test every layout / every material before production starts.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 02:28:37 »
Sounds good, thanks. Trying to decide between the two, but I’ll probably just end up getting both lol

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 11 April 2019, 02:32:23 »

Thanks! The Alu version proto is coming out soon, but I figure it won't be too much of a surprise as many have used M60A and Doro, and upcoming Koyu uses a similar plate design. M60a is widely accepted, works great especially with linear switches. One difference is that the bottom piece of Think6.5 is much thicker than the above-mentioned boards, should make it sound more solid (very little hollow space).

Also, after using the PC version for a bit, I think most likely mixing alu and pc should work fine and will be pretty sick, something I am keen to test out.

Would it be possible to buy an extra PC case bottom piece with an alu version? I have already settled for an alu board this round, but would be interested in trying to mix it with a PC case underside to allow for underglow to work.
Otherwise I'll wait and hope for a future Bluetooth version of Think6.5 with a frosted PC case, maybe slightly higher profile to accommodate a beefy battery to allow for many hours of underglow goodness on the couch. This time I'd buy a badge version as it would provide a convenient surface for the thumb when you grab and move the board around. A Bluetooth version of this board would be my endgame for use on the couch with my HTPC. A man can dream!