Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9754683 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 22:24:11 »
No idea what you're talking about...scoops fit around your finger a big...nibs don't....

To grip and to fit are totally different concepts, I just cannot get the idea of a cap gripping your finger, of course they may fit your finger tips, but never mind, if you do not like GMK scoops be my guess. Nothing compare in caps design with GMK.

And by the way, i do not see the point of discussing your preferences for nibs over scoops in a GB thread. If you do not like what is being offered, it would be rather better to just let it pass. With all due respect.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 February 2015, 22:33:00 by ideus »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 22:40:57 »
If you do not like what is being offered, it would be rather better to just let it pass. With all due respect.

Whoa there ideus, you're starting to sound like me, a huge Zealot - kudos for finally stepping up to the plinth of Righteousness when it comes to promoting your particular choice  :thumb: .

Offline Polymer

« Reply #452 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 23:50:44 »
No idea what you're talking about...scoops fit around your finger a big...nibs don't....

To grip and to fit are totally different concepts, I just cannot get the idea of a cap gripping your finger, of course they may fit your finger tips, but never mind, if you do not like GMK scoops be my guess. Nothing compare in caps design with GMK.

And by the way, i do not see the point of discussing your preferences for nibs over scoops in a GB thread. If you do not like what is being offered, it would be rather better to just let it pass. With all due respect.

I should have added this to my post..I was going to but saw you already replied..

This has no bearing on whether I'd buy this or not.  I'm merely suggesting that some extras be non scooped F J.  Whether or not that happens or not ultimately will make no difference to whether I buy.  But certainly to say I don't have the right to suggest what some extras might be is ridiculous...

I'm certainly not thread crapping...I'm intending to buy...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #453 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 01:10:13 »
I'm certainly not thread crapping...I'm intending to buy...

Please do, since in the end what matters is that this key-set gets through to GMK and made as soon as possible, irrespective of the small bits that will be decided upon.

This will be a PERFECT colour-way coming out of Germany and that is always welcomed here on Geekhack by nearly every hard-core addict who collects these babies, no one should miss out on owning a bit of history here.  They will never be made in these colours hence now is the time to front up, there will never be a second chance given to anybody, in acquiring these unique type of key-caps.

Offline snipars

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 03:45:10 »
i can't say i like the look of those scooped keycaps, but then i guess 'nubs' aren't that great either
still, i'm extremely excited to get this set
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline Polymer

« Reply #455 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 04:20:40 »
i can't say i like the look of those scooped keycaps, but then i guess 'nubs' aren't that great either

I don't mind the looks..I don't like how it feels..but some people swear by them...

That said, it doesn't mean I won't get used to them and in general, I love the way the set looks and I've had original cherry DS so I know these are going to feel great...

But I can still mention extras :).  I don't think it'll happen to be honest as I don't think they can make them with nibs...but I guess I'd even like non marked F J over scooped so I'll mention it for a 3rd time ;).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #456 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:22:03 »

I don't mind the looks..I don't like how it feels..but some people swear by them...

That said, it doesn't mean I won't get used to them and in general, I love the way the set looks and I've had original cherry DS so I know these are going to feel great...

But I can still mention extras :) .  I don't think it'll happen to be honest as I don't think they can make them with nibs...but I guess I'd even like non marked F J over scooped so I'll mention it for a 3rd time ;) .

The explanation is very welcome Mr. Poly, adding some extras would not harm the set. However, I have not seen any ABS DS made by GMK with nibs. I would appreciate elders that know the business far better to enlighten us if such key caps are available from GMK. And again, what appeared to be thread crapping is what triggered the defensive previous post, no hard feelings though, but the phrasing was not clear to me then.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #457 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:35:52 »

But I can still mention extras :) .  I don't think it'll happen to be honest as I don't think they can make them with nibs...but I guess I'd even like non marked F J over scooped so I'll mention it for a 3rd time ;) .

The explanation is very welcome Mr. Poly, adding some extras would not harm the set. However, I have not seen any ABS DS made by GMK with nibs. I would appreciate elders that know the business far better to enlighten us if such key caps are available from GMK. And again, what appeared to be thread crapping is what triggered the defensive previous post, no hard feelings though, but the phrasing was not clear to me then.
Ivan's Dolch color pack had nibs and his 85|15 set has them as well.

I personally think Cherry caps are best with scoops, but all personal opinion :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #458 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:42:06 »
OK, so there are GMK nibs available, let see what Bunny has to say. I'd prefer scoops my self, nibs can be sourced elsewhere...

Ha!, just jocking.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #459 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:43:30 »
OK, so there are GMK nibs available, let see what Bunny has to say. I'd prefer scoops my self, nibs can be sourced elsewhere...

Ha!, just jocking.

this set will have scoops, i currently have no plans to offer an alternative to them

all hail scoops
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #460 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:49:28 »
You are the man Bunny.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #461 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 08:21:22 »
Will probably join this buy near the end :) I also would like to pay with PayPal, can I message you then, Bunny?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #462 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 08:23:49 »
Will probably join this buy near the end :) I also would like to pay with PayPal, can I message you then, Bunny?

of course

anytime

Offline Poostar

« Reply #463 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 08:48:21 »
Bunny i sent you a PM about paying with Paypal. I can post it here if you would rather me do that

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #464 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 08:49:45 »
Bunny i sent you a PM about paying with Paypal. I can post it here if you would rather me do that

no sorry, i came on and went straight to do my bro caps invoicing, im about to work through my pms and emails now

Offline Poostar

« Reply #465 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 09:05:06 »

no sorry, i came on and went straight to do my bro caps invoicing, im about to work through my pms and emails now

Invoice received and paid! Thank you bunny. For some reason on my order i put my username was Poostar33 cause i use that as well on some forums but it is actually just Poostar. Can not wait to get these onto my WASD keyboard. First set of caps i have ever purchased :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #466 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 09:17:06 »

Invoice received and paid! Thank you bunny. For some reason on my order i put my username was Poostar33 cause i use that as well on some forums but it is actually just Poostar. Can not wait to get these onto my WASD keyboard. First set of caps i have ever purchased :D

cheers i hope you enjoy them

ill mark it off on the site for you this evening

Offline mattycee

« Reply #467 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:12:51 »
Quick question are the spacebar and capslock Majestouch Type or Cherry Type?

Thanks!
Current: Das 4 MX Blues,  Poker II MX Clears

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #468 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:15:03 »

Thanks!

im really sorry, i dont know what this means, perhaps someone else could hop in or maybe if you explain it more ill get it

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #469 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:17:43 »

Thanks!

im really sorry, i dont know what this means, perhaps someone else could hop in or maybe if you explain it more ill get it

Ooh, I think he means Cherry stabs or Filco stabs(Costar).

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #470 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:18:55 »

Thanks!

Ooh, I think he means Cherry stabs or Filco stabs(Costar).

well i thought that, but they are the same thing keycap wise

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #471 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:19:59 »
I think mattycee is asking about centered stem or off-center stem caps lock: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56764.0

I assume the stepped caps is off-center and the default one centered, but correct me if I'm wrong.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #472 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:20:35 »
I keep putting this off hoping the Canadian exchange rate will get a little bit better but it isn't happening.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #473 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:22:33 »
I think mattycee is asking about centered stem or off-center stem caps lock: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56764.0

I assume the stepped caps is off-center and the default one centered, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Interesting, I think I meant to say stem positioning as well. I remember having this kind of issue with my old Filco and Korean caps.

Offline zah

« Reply #474 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:47:38 »
whats the general turnaround time on GMK production?  Only bought SP GBs before.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #475 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:55:01 »

Full touch caps lock is centered, stepped is off center.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:58:02 by ideus »

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #476 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:56:30 »
whats the general turnaround time on GMK production?  Only bought SP GBs before.

Sorry if this was answered already..(hard to read through all the gifs)...

Do we have an approximate timeline on production and shipping?

Also, will these just be normal GMK mounts on the space bar or will there be additional spacings (like a universal)?

so from when this started, we are leaving the buy period open for 45 days, stripe payments take a week to clear to me, so i will be placing the order with gmk 7 days after the buy period ends

gmk are pretty quick, but once we place the order ill have a more accurate timeline

we are having the sets pre sorted, and me and cody will ship them and have them all turned around real fast

as for the spacebar, that is some information i havent locked down, i think as it sits its standard, but i havent spoken to them about other options, next time i speak to them ill get more info and find out what the options are
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #477 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:28:46 »

Ha!, just jocking.

this set will have scoops, i currently have no plans to offer an alternative to them

all hail scoops

god bless the scoops

Offline mattycee

« Reply #478 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:12:08 »

this is correct. So I am assuming that these gmk keycaps are centered for caps Lock and spacebar?

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #479 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:13:59 »
the mockup indicates that both centered and offcentered caps will be included. standard for gmk sets

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #480 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:21:43 »
I keep putting this off hoping the Canadian exchange rate will get a little bit better but it isn't happening.
I hear it's actually supposed to get worse :/
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #481 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:22:59 »
just wanna say a big thanks to people stepping up and answering questions when im not around

Offline mattycee

« Reply #482 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:42:12 »
the mockup indicates that both centered and offcentered caps will be included. standard for gmk sets

Awesome! thanks for the response!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #483 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:58:39 »

Paying for my bros physically hurt. Never would I guessed I would have paid so much!  :o

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #484 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 20:20:20 »
Paying for my bros physically hurt. Never would I guessed I would have paid so much!  :o

Relax it's only money and more shall arrive into your account next payday  8) .

Always remember that money can not be taken with you to the other side when you depart this world, despite what the ancient Egyptians might of thought.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #485 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 20:38:20 »

Always remember that money can not be taken with you to the other side when you depart this world, despite what the ancient Egyptians might of thought.
Neither can your key caps.

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #486 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 20:39:47 »

Now thats just jibberish

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #487 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:24:57 »

Keyboards and keycaps go to heaven. That's what I learned in Sunday school.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #488 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:27:27 »

I sure hope not!  I just paid $123 for Ivan's GB, when it would have been ~$100 not long ago. :(

I like the looks of this set, I'll have to see how much spare cash I have soon.  I start another 7-week course blitz in April, so I need to prepare for flying empty.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:29:46 by RickyJ »
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #489 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:28:50 »

I sure hope not!  I just paid $123 for Ivan's GB, when it would have been ~$100 not long ago. :(

Just save yourself a couple coffees over the week to make up for it. :P

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #490 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:31:34 »

Lol Henry, I already make my own at home. Want to buy some unused Starbucks/Tims gift cards from the last 2 years to fund me? :P
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #491 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:36:20 »

Lol Henry, I already make my own at home. Want to buy some unused Starbucks/Tims gift cards from the last 2 years to fund me? :P
I don't even drink coffee. Haha. I also missed a lot of work this week over some medical stuff I couldn't get around. Ah well. Some people owe me money that should be a little more than 75% of this buy. I should be able to do it.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #492 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:42:35 »
Just save yourself a couple coffees over the week to make up for it. :p

Love this guy, he knows what are the REAL priorities in LIFE  :thumb: .

I know there is such qualms as local currency collapsing right before your eyes, like mine here in Australia - BUT this type of Group Buy comes around ONCE in a LIFETIME.  Imagine telling your Grand-kiddies where you were when this Group Buy was launched, either here buying up these babies or sitting on the sidelines whining and whinging about your local currency?

Get in there now before it passes you, then you've got nothing left but excuses as to why you missed out on this unique opportunity in owning a vital part of history here on Geekhack  ::) .

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #493 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:49:30 »
Just save yourself a couple coffees over the week to make up for it. :p

Love this guy, he knows what are the REAL priorities in LIFE  :thumb: .

I know there is such qualms as local currency collapsing right before your eyes, like mine here in Australia - BUT this type of Group Buy comes around ONCE in a LIFETIME.  Imagine telling your Grand-kiddies where you were when this Group Buy was launched, either here buying up these babies or sitting on the sidelines whining and whinging about your local currency?

Get in there now before it passes you, then you've got nothing left but excuses as to why you missed out on this unique opportunity in owning a vital part of history here on Geekhack  ::) .

Today I learned that Canadian dollar is roughly equivalent to Australian dollar. :))

USD, please stop increasing in value. :'( Wait a sec...

Offline intelli78

« Reply #494 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:39:29 »
*clears throat*

All you tally whackers had best MAN up and put your money where your mouths are. Because This once in a lifetime, sweet German engineered plastic is going to RAM into your mouths, forcefully, teaching you what you really need-- sweet butt love from the only REAL keycap maker on this planet. The girth of the keys is substantial, ramming your keyboard and fingertips. Powerfully, exploding with size and hardness. These SH1TTY Signature Plastics group buys will only give you erectile disfunction and can NEVER hope to compete with the REAL deal. Every time these puppies cross my mind I have to jump right up and rush to my window to jizz my load out like Free Willy. So stop WHINING, teach your wallets a lesson until it screams your name in pain.  You too can tell your grand kids how you hammered your dongs against that sweet scooped F and J until you completed and sprayed blood everywhere in pure keycap ecstasy, and believe me that will happen on the DAILY once you get your grubby little paws on these sweet mamma-jammas. :cool:
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:41:00 by intelli78 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #495 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:40:54 »
This thread just gets more sexual with each description of these caps.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #496 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:43:50 »
*clears throat*

All you tally whackers had best MAN up and put your money where your mouths are. Because This once in a lifetime, sweet German engineered plastic is going to RAM into your mouths, forcefully, teaching you what you really need-- sweet butt love from the only REAL keycap maker on this planet. The girth of the keys is substantial, ramming your keyboard and fingertips. Powerfully, exploding with size and hardness. These SH1TTY Signature Plastics group buys will only give you erectile disfunction and can NEVER hope to compete with the REAL deal. Every time these puppies cross my mind I have to jump right up and rush to my window to jizz my load out like Free Willy. So stop WHINING, teach your wallets a lesson until it screams your name in pain.  You too can tell your grand kids how you hammered your dongs against that sweet scooped F and J until you completed and sprayed blood everywhere in pure keycap ecstasy, and believe me that will happen on the DAILY once you get your grubby little paws on these sweet mamma-jammas. :cool:

dysfunction.

Elrick, is that you on intelli's account?! :P
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:46:30 by Zeal »

Offline intelli78

« Reply #497 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 02:49:20 »
consider it a tribute to GH's master hype-artist. :cool:
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #498 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:03:47 »
consider it a tribute to GH's master hype-artist. 8)

I concede to itelli78, that guy goes where I fear to tread  ;) .

Offline Belfong

« Reply #499 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:09:02 »
consider it a tribute to GH's master hype-artist. 8)

I concede to itelli78, that guy goes where I fear to tread  ;) .
:thumb: :thumb: