Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761634 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (orders closed)
« Reply #1450 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 19:51:29 »
Crazy that we got over 400 on this one! All hail king Bunny!

Putting my $0.02 in for extra keys... 1u Windows keys that match the rest of the mods.
Ditto. I love the coloured ones but I'm sure some people will want a uniform bottom row.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1451 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 19:56:25 »

Putting my $0.02 in for extra keys... 1u Windows keys that match the rest of the mods.
Ditto. I love the coloured ones but I'm sure some people will want a uniform bottom row.

ill take that on board but ill call it a low priority, i get the point but neither of the original sets had that as an option, and for the winkeyless layout i consider it part of the design
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1452 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:00:32 »
Hey Bunz,

Did we reach 500 as the final tally?

You said we were about 20 units off a couple posts ago.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1453 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:04:05 »
Hey Bunz,

Did we reach 500 as the final tally?

You said we were about 20 units off a couple posts ago.

nah we didnt quite get there

my rough count right now is 487, however once i got over all the paypal payments tomorrow or money it could go up or down a little, and i have a friend whos giving me thier order tomorrow which is for a few sets, so its a bit early to call right now, but ill update when i know the confirmed final number

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1454 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:05:27 »

ill take that on board but ill call it a low priority, i get the point but neither of the original sets had that as an option, and for the winkeyless layout i consider it part of the design
Was thinking a teal on purple(Windows key) or purple on teal(code key) enter and esc would be awesome adds. But getting compatibility caps would probably be my first concern for customers
Hi :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1455 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:07:54 »

Was thinking a teal on purple(Windows key) or purple on teal(code key) enter and esc would be awesome adds. But getting compatibility caps would probably be my first concern for customers

we already have 2 teal on purple windows keys

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1456 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:08:32 »

I mean that same colorway for an esc or enter key

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1457 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:10:58 »

I mean that same colorway for an esc or enter key

yeah, im thinking about paying for an esc or a windowed key myself for every order, well that was the plan when i thought we would hit like 250 - 300 lol, buying 500 will be brutal but something like that im sure will be included

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1458 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:15:21 »
an alternate esc or windowed caps in hyperfuse colors (cyan, purple and the grey mods color) would be awesome.

also, it's really great to see this first Ctrl Alt GMK GB be such a huge success.  really looking forward to participating in future ones. :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:17:25 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1459 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:15:22 »
Haha oh geeze, I bet we could crowd source for something like that :) more than willing to donate more

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1460 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:15:47 »
thanks, im a bit close to it right now to truly appreciate and be able to articulate what a big deal this is and how happy i am to be a part of it, but once a few days have passed im sure ill come up with something to say

Why everyone from near and far jumped onto this Group Buy is because of you.  Your name is the pusher and every addict in the world knows who they're dealing with here, no surprises and always good gear is arranged and sold at any time.

This is what every keyboard zealot loves and we all bow down towards CTRL/ALT and their most valued crew, especially the one known as BunnyLake  :thumb: .

Here here! I hope that a few of the major players in this buy can make sure that this set reaches the 500 mark, because it's legacy just deserves it.

I've not been active on Geekhack for long but one of the first names I became aware of was BunnyLake. After getting to know the deal with group buys I noticed that this man and his merry [CTRL]ALT compadres stepped up to go the extra mile time and time again, making sure all community members got more than fair shake. Bundling extra add-ons to group buys, jumping in to save the day on GBs that had gone south, taking care of shipping cost from errors, handing out free sought-after artisan caps and doing it all in a friendly and egoless manner. I almost feel like this buy is an apology to this collective of people for that GB leader poop slinging match and the cross-community **** storms they got caught up in over the last 12 months; here we have a set with no crazy promises, with no need to try and pander to random requests, just something that stands high above the rest on its own merit and it's something that the entire community has overwhelmingly backed. The history behind this thing is going to make it extra sweet when we finally get to type out our thank-yous on it!

Congratulations BunnyLake, [CTRL]ALT, Mrs Bunny, future Bunny Jr, and a sincere thank you.

Also I feel slightly aroused whenever I think about this set.. thanks Elrick  ;)

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1461 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:29:07 »
yeah, im thinking about paying for an esc or a windowed key myself for every order, well that was the plan when i thought we would hit like 250 - 300 lol, buying 500 will be brutal but something like that im sure will be included

Adding a cyan Esc would push this into absolute perfection ;D

Most of us plebs don't have cyan artisan caps and are probably unlikely to... but that splash of colour would really tie the whole room together.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1462 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 20:29:51 »
thanks, im a bit close to it right now to truly appreciate and be able to articulate what a big deal this is and how happy i am to be a part of it, but once a few days have passed im sure ill come up with something to say

Why everyone from near and far jumped onto this Group Buy is because of you.  Your name is the pusher and every addict in the world knows who they're dealing with here, no surprises and always good gear is arranged and sold at any time.

This is what every keyboard zealot loves and we all bow down towards CTRL/ALT and their most valued crew, especially the one known as BunnyLake  :thumb: .

Here here! I hope that a few of the major players in this buy can make sure that this set reaches the 500 mark, because it's legacy just deserves it.

I've not been active on Geekhack for long but one of the first names I became aware of was BunnyLake. After getting to know the deal with group buys I noticed that this man and his merry [CTRL]ALT compadres stepped up to go the extra mile time and time again, making sure all community members got more than fair shake. Bundling extra add-ons to group buys, jumping in to save the day on GBs that had gone south, taking care of shipping cost from errors, handing out free sought-after artisan caps and doing it all in a friendly and egoless manner. I almost feel like this buy is an apology to this collective of people for that GB leader poop slinging match and the cross-community **** storms they got caught up in over the last 12 months; here we have a set with no crazy promises, with no need to try and pander to random requests, just something that stands high above the rest on its own merit and it's something that the entire community has overwhelmingly backed. The history behind this thing is going to make it extra sweet when we finally get to type out our thank-yous on it!

Congratulations BunnyLake, [CTRL]ALT, Mrs Bunny, future Bunny Jr, and a sincere thank you.

Also I feel slightly aroused whenever I think about this set.. thanks Elrick  ;)

very very much appreciated good sir

Offline snowe

« Reply #1463 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 21:05:45 »
Ah dang, I left this tab open so that I would buy them before the buy ended and I missed it by like 3 HOURS! Omg, so mad at myself. Not a hope of getting an order in is there?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1464 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 21:33:56 »
Ah dang, I left this tab open so that I would buy them before the buy ended and I missed it by like 3 HOURS! Omg, so mad at myself. Not a hope of getting an order in is there?

if you shoot me a pm with a shipping address and pp email i can get you invoiced when i get home tomorrow

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1465 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 21:51:53 »
2nd the notion for esc key, teal on purple would be awesome

Is there any rebates from GMK if you hit the 500 mark?

Congrats on the GB also, impressive amount of orders :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1466 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 21:58:14 »
Congrats on the GB also, impressive amount of orders :thumb:

Very easy equation here;   BunnyLake, add GMK, equals ONE Highly successful Group Buy without peer  8) .

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #1467 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 22:02:55 »
order sent :thumb:

Offline litesung

« Reply #1468 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 00:21:24 »
DELETED
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 22:29:30 by litesung »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1469 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 00:32:58 »
Would also be nice if we could get some extra 1.25's with some other win key option  ;D
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline derzemel

« Reply #1470 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 01:38:12 »
I read somewhere in the thread that there was talk about different colored spacebars.  Is this still a consideration?  I would love a purple spacebar!

Also, Thanks bunny for making this buy happen.  You've got my support!

YESS!!! PURPLE SPACEBAR!!!! and a cyan one

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #1471 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 02:15:24 »
Would also be nice if we could get some extra 1.25's with some other win key option  ;D

A non-windows key, like hyper (as in hyperfuse) would be fantastic! A pair  {hyper,fuse } replacing {win, menu} would be double fantastic, plus it references an earlier round which had hyper and fuse keys.

:thumb:
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline derzemel

« Reply #1472 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 02:19:08 »

A non-windows key, like hyper (as in hyperfuse) would be fantastic! A pair  {hyper,fuse } replacing {win, menu} would be double fantastic, plus it references an earlier round which had hyper and fuse keys.

:thumb:

it would be very nice, but GMK doesn't do custom legends on the keys. That's why not even Geek Hack keys are possible

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #1473 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 03:59:25 »

it would be very nice, but GMK doesn't do custom legends on the keys. That's why not even Geek Hack keys are possible

That's right. In my excitement, I forgot.  Bummer!
Btw is there a list of gmk' available legends? I'm curious what they support.
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1474 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 05:49:47 »
Coloured spacebars are pretty pointless to be honest. I hope they aren't high on that secret list, but I'm sure Bunny will achieve the impossible as usual and make most people happy. :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1475 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 06:01:59 »
Coloured spacebars are pretty pointless to be honest. I hope they aren't high on that secret list, but I'm sure Bunny will achieve the impossible as usual and make most people happy. :)

Hope Bunny doesn't decide to add any bright fluro coloured spacers because people, that would be totally juvenile  >:( .

The beauty of Hyperfuse is it's 'colour-way' very conservative except for the purple and bright green text.  How could you improve upon perfection you can't, simply stick with the original colour scheme and of course add the 1800 set and this will be the greatest GMK key-set ever made at their factory.

Be happy with what has been achieved rather than fantasizing about other weird colour combinations.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2015, 06:03:38 by Elrick »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1476 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 07:19:36 »
I finished on 4 sets - what is wrong with me  ^-^

Hoping to offload one maybe 6 months down the track with a healthy markup  ;D

for shame  :-[
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 October 2015, 13:46:40 by swimmingbird »

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1477 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 07:22:02 »

Hope Bunny doesn't decide to add any bright fluro coloured spacers because people, that would be totally juvenile  >:( .

The beauty of Hyperfuse is it's 'colour-way' very conservative except for the purple and bright green text.  How could you improve upon perfection you can't, simply stick with the original colour scheme and of course add the 1800 set and this will be the greatest GMK key-set ever made at their factory.

Be happy with what has been achieved rather than fantasizing about other weird colour combinations.

Yup. No need for brightly coloured spacebars when there are folks that want useful stuff like shifts and ctrl keys so they can get more use out of this set.

Offline rabidwombat

« Reply #1478 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 07:32:43 »
If this set has full 1800 support, a 1800 keyboard is what I'll be looking to eventually put this set on.. the hole is getting deeper and deeper  :eek:

Just wondering, will 1800 support include the 1U 0 with Ins key, as I noticed there are already 1U slashed 0 and 00 keys in the original mockup.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1479 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 08:31:02 »
If this set has full 1800 support, a 1800 keyboard is what I'll be looking to eventually put this set on.. the hole is getting deeper and deeper  :eek:

Just wondering, will 1800 support include the 1U 0 with Ins key, as I noticed there are already 1U slashed 0 and 00 keys in the original mockup.
The wallet groans but the pleasure centers in my brain say you need this... The hole goes deeper indeed....
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline TheOpposition

« Reply #1480 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 10:05:31 »
and we are done, buy period is over

Great job on this GB Bunny! 

(2) Poker II's
Poker 3 W/ Blues
JD40
Ergrodox

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1481 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 11:45:05 »
I read through the ideas of additional keys and I must confess that the alternative color  enter key (purple or teal legends on purple/teal) would be nice. What do you think guys of an alternative arrow keys? Purple or white legends on teal or purple like in the dolch set would be nice.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1482 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 13:03:32 »

Any kind of second option for 1.25 win keys would be nice.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline somesang

« Reply #1483 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 14:40:31 »
Hey, Bunny,
could you help me out with my order? It's still processing from yesterday. I tried PMing you but not sure it worked. Hopefully I can still get in on it. I can pay with PayPal instead if that's easier. Thanks a bunch.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1484 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 14:42:01 »

Any kind of second option for 1.25 win keys would be nice.

I'm always a fan of accent Enters, something that pops.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1485 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 14:56:00 »

I'm always a fan of accent Enters, something that pops.

+1 for accent enters. I'm rocking the accent enter with my granite set right now. :)

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1486 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 15:06:14 »
+1 for accent enters indeed.
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1487 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 16:18:29 »
What you guys really want as extras are nibbed F J keys :).

In all seriousness...Some people that haven't used Cherry keys before with the scoops on F J..some of you will love it..some of you will hate it.  Maybe everyone knows what the scoops feel but after reading a lot of the questions in this thread, pretty obvious people don't understand what is meant by scoops because they've never tried Cherry/GMK keys..

Essentially, the F and J keys are different...they have a dip where your finger can fit in...they're noticeably different than the other keys on home row....It serves the same purpose as the nibs. 

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #1488 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 16:19:58 »

In all seriousness...Some people that haven't used Cherry keys before with the scoops on F J..some of you will love it..some of you will hate it.  Maybe everyone knows what the scoops feel but after reading a lot of the questions in this thread, pretty obvious people don't understand what is meant by scoops because they've never tried Cherry/GMK keys..

Essentially, the F and J keys are different...they have a dip where your finger can fit in...they're noticeably different than the other keys on home row....It serves the same purpose as the nibs.

Scoops are love. Scoops are life. (Typed from my Kingsaver with scooped f and j)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #1489 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 16:28:27 »

Accented keys would be awesome. I would really like the ",  ~, 2, and 3 keys without the side printed legends too.

We could put together a survey monkey for the preferences and get some feedback?

94232-0

Offline derzemel

« Reply #1490 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 16:45:46 »

Accented keys would be awesome. I would really like the ",  ~, 2, and 3 keys without the side printed legends too.

We could put together a survey monkey for the preferences and get some feedback?

(Attachment Link)

I suggest we first let BunnyLake decide what are the best options for extra keycaps. It is his right to do so.

I we start a poll, everybody will want something different which will lead to discussions and maybe delays (also we may vote to get the unobtainable).

Also, please keep in mind that we all bought the set as it was presented at the beginning of the GB. BunnyLake decided to add extra keycaps (AT NO EXTRA COST!!) because the GB was so successful.

Ok, I also wish for colorful space, esc, enter, arrows, different size keys, etc but it isn't nice to BunnyLake for all of us to jump with requests when he practically gifted us these extra keys.

So, please, let's have patience and see what options BunnyLake has first.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2015, 16:53:48 by derzemel »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1491 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:04:02 »
hey guys sorry i havent been around today, im hoping tomorrow i will have numbers as to the cost of extras etc, so until then please feel free to keep discussing wants and possibilities, but once i have the numbers i will be able to present solid and completely achievable possibilities

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1492 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:06:00 »
hey guys sorry i havent been around today, im hoping tomorrow i will have numbers as to the cost of extras etc, so until then please feel free to keep discussing wants and possibilities, but once i have the numbers i will be able to present solid and completely achievable possibilities

Fair enough Captain. Thanks for letting us know. ;)

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1493 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:11:57 »
sorry i should add to that that im reading everything thats being said, and will be certainly taking everything thats being discussed in to consideration

id also like to add, i had originally planned to have a coloured enter key in this, ill post 2 pictures below to illustrate both why i hadnt included it, and why i wanted it

as you can probably tell, im a fan of using a coloured enter, however, there is an enter key already in both purple and cyan, which is why i didnt include it

but clearly it is a popular request, and im am thinking hard about being able to add a matching esc and enter pack in either purple on cyan or cyan on purple

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1494 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:16:14 »

Scoops are love. Scoops are life. (Typed from my Kingsaver with scooped f and j)
This. Scoops are so much better then nibs. Besides, most recent DSA sets have had scoops, so only people brand knew to custom sets will be experiencing scoops for the first time. So I don't think they will be new to that many people. I also don't think they add much, if any, utility to the set, so I'd hate to see our precious few extra caps wasted on some nibs :(.

Honestly, I'd rather have a purple on teal G and H cap to make my own ghetto GH key than nibbed f and j (sort of throwing that in as a semi-serious idea now that I think about it, would add some more pop to the set).
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1495 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:18:44 »
More
sorry i should add to that that im reading everything thats being said, and will be certainly taking everything thats being discussed in to consideration

id also like to add, i had originally planned to have a coloured enter key in this, ill post 2 pictures below to illustrate both why i hadnt included it, and why i wanted it

Show Image

Show Image

as you can probably tell, im a fan of using a coloured enter, however, there is an enter key already in both purple and cyan, which is why i didnt include it

but clearly it is a popular request, and im am thinking hard about being able to add a matching esc and enter pack in either purple on cyan or cyan on purple

Either of those would be awesome.  They would also bring to life some of the Manly Unicorn colors that I love. 

Also, I know that not everyone had a chance to get the WoP or WoC enters or people might have them in use on a different board and don't want to scavenge them, so adding them would help out there too.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #1496 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:18:57 »
Lately I've been using DSA without any homing keys lol. It's better that way.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1497 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:19:08 »

This. Scoops are so much better then nibs. Besides, most recent DSA sets have had scoops, so only people brand knew to custom sets will be experiencing scoops for the first time. So I don't think they will be new to that many people. I also don't think they add much, if any, utility to the set, so I'd hate to see our precious few extra caps wasted on some nibs :(.

Honestly, I'd rather have a purple on teal G and H cap to make my own ghetto GH key than nibbed f and j (sort of throwing that in as a semi-serious idea now that I think about it, would add some more pop to the set).

listen, i hate to be that guy to just shut things down, but ill say this, it would take a ton to convince me that we should put extra money towards nibs, please understand to add those 2 keys to 500 sets, is ordering a 1000 keys, and, to me, scoops are part of a cherry/gmk set, now i understand this is personal preference, and if i get a huge amount of epople telling me different ill listen, but im not sure enough people are so desperate for nibs that it would justify the cost of 1000 keys

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #1498 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:21:59 »

(Attachment Link)

I suggest we first let BunnyLake decide what are the best options for extra keycaps. It is his right to do so.

I we start a poll, everybody will want something different which will lead to discussions and maybe delays (also we may vote to get the unobtainable).

Also, please keep in mind that we all bought the set as it was presented at the beginning of the GB. BunnyLake decided to add extra keycaps (AT NO EXTRA COST!!) because the GB was so successful.

Ok, I also wish for colorful space, esc, enter, arrows, different size keys, etc but it isn't nice to BunnyLake for all of us to jump with requests when he practically gifted us these extra keys.

Thank you!

It's all good and I understand your points. I was only trying to help  :)  I'm not being impatient... I'll be happy with whatever is decided.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1499 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:24:36 »

(Attachment Link)

Thank you!

It's all good and I understand your points. I was only trying to help  :)  I'm not being impatient... I'll be happy with whatever is decided.

people helping is never a bad thing sir, whether it leads to something or not, im always stoked that people would dedicate there time to help anything im doing