Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761567 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (orders closed)
« Reply #1500 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:27:39 »
GMK = scoops
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1501 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 17:43:47 »

listen, i hate to be that guy to just shut things down, but ill say this, it would take a ton to convince me that we should put extra money towards nibs, please understand to add those 2 keys to 500 sets, is ordering a 1000 keys, and, to me, scoops are part of a cherry/gmk set, now i understand this is personal preference, and if i get a huge amount of epople telling me different ill listen, but im not sure enough people are so desperate for nibs that it would justify the cost of 1000 keys

My man! Nibs would be a waste of extra caps :thumb:!
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1502 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 18:27:46 »
people helping is never a bad thing sir, whether it leads to something or not, im always stoked that people would dedicate there time to help anything im doing

When it comes to you good Sir, we here at Geekhack will do anything and everything to make sure you know how much we appreciate what you're doing.

Geekhack is a far better place when you're around here Bunny, so never forget that sunshine  8) .

Offline LsRainbows

« Reply #1503 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 20:50:58 »
+1 on colored enter and esc

purple?

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #1504 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 22:10:40 »
More
sorry i should add to that that im reading everything thats being said, and will be certainly taking everything thats being discussed in to consideration

id also like to add, i had originally planned to have a coloured enter key in this, ill post 2 pictures below to illustrate both why i hadnt included it, and why i wanted it

Show Image

Show Image

as you can probably tell, im a fan of using a coloured enter, however, there is an enter key already in both purple and cyan, which is why i didnt include it

but clearly it is a popular request, and im am thinking hard about being able to add a matching esc and enter pack in either purple on cyan or cyan on purple

Either of those would be awesome.  They would also bring to life some of the Manly Unicorn colors that I love. 

Also, I know that not everyone had a chance to get the WoP or WoC enters or people might have them in use on a different board and don't want to scavenge them, so adding them would help out there too.

Thank you for putting my thoughts so eloquently  ^-^
Hi :)

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1505 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 23:29:42 »
What you guys really want as extras are nibbed F J keys :).

In all seriousness...Some people that haven't used Cherry keys before with the scoops on F J..some of you will love it..some of you will hate it.  Maybe everyone knows what the scoops feel but after reading a lot of the questions in this thread, pretty obvious people don't understand what is meant by scoops because they've never tried Cherry/GMK keys..

Essentially, the F and J keys are different...they have a dip where your finger can fit in...they're noticeably different than the other keys on home row....It serves the same purpose as the nibs.

Scoops are love. Scoops are life. (Typed from my Kingsaver with scooped f and j)
This. Scoops are so much better then nibs. Besides, most recent DSA sets have had scoops, so only people brand knew to custom sets will be experiencing scoops for the first time. So I don't think they will be new to that many people. I also don't think they add much, if any, utility to the set, so I'd hate to see our precious few extra caps wasted on some nibs :(.

Honestly, I'd rather have a purple on teal G and H cap to make my own ghetto GH key than nibbed f and j (sort of throwing that in as a semi-serious idea now that I think about it, would add some more pop to the set).

listen, i hate to be that guy to just shut things down, but ill say this, it would take a ton to convince me that we should put extra money towards nibs, please understand to add those 2 keys to 500 sets, is ordering a 1000 keys, and, to me, scoops are part of a cherry/gmk set, now i understand this is personal preference, and if i get a huge amount of epople telling me different ill listen, but im not sure enough people are so desperate for nibs that it would justify the cost of 1000 keys

Yeap..not offended in the least...I'm just mentioning it as my opinion and throwing out a different perspective....which is most of the buyers of this GB (or a good portion anyways) have never used scoops..and not all people enjoy scoops...I would hate for someone to buy these and not like the set because they couldn't stand scoops.

For example, I'd bet it would get more use than say 1800...I'm sure at least 20% of the 500 would prefer nibs over scoops...I doubt more than 10% will use 1800.

I do see the point in allowing for greater variety rather than just a variety of a single key and I don't disagree with that thinking at all...There is definitely something to be said for providing many different layout possibilities...but I don't see it any different than the suggestions for different keys in different colors....in fact, it impacts something more important than purely looks (IMO), it impacts feel..

But like I said..just throwing out some things to consider...I'd actually think these would be some of the cheapest to make because it is already something they can do as standard...
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2015, 23:31:25 by Polymer »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1506 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 23:41:17 »
Everything we're getting in this buy is something GMK can do as standard. No custom colours, legends, etc. here.

My personal preference is to split the ISO/ANSI legends into two caps, and to add a colour splash esc/enter (preferably in cyan).

Does GMK do 1.25u code keys?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1507 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 23:52:15 »
What you guys really want as extras are nibbed F J keys :).

In all seriousness...Some people that haven't used Cherry keys before with the scoops on F J..some of you will love it..some of you will hate it.  Maybe everyone knows what the scoops feel but after reading a lot of the questions in this thread, pretty obvious people don't understand what is meant by scoops because they've never tried Cherry/GMK keys..

Essentially, the F and J keys are different...they have a dip where your finger can fit in...they're noticeably different than the other keys on home row....It serves the same purpose as the nibs.

Scoops are love. Scoops are life. (Typed from my Kingsaver with scooped f and j)
This. Scoops are so much better then nibs. Besides, most recent DSA sets have had scoops, so only people brand knew to custom sets will be experiencing scoops for the first time. So I don't think they will be new to that many people. I also don't think they add much, if any, utility to the set, so I'd hate to see our precious few extra caps wasted on some nibs :(.

Honestly, I'd rather have a purple on teal G and H cap to make my own ghetto GH key than nibbed f and j (sort of throwing that in as a semi-serious idea now that I think about it, would add some more pop to the set).

Yeap..not offended in the least...I'm just mentioning it as my opinion and throwing out a different perspective....which is most of the buyers of this GB (or a good portion anyways) have never used scoops..and not all people enjoy scoops...I would hate for someone to buy these and not like the set because they couldn't stand scoops.

For example, I'd bet it would get more use than say 1800...I'm sure at least 20% of the 500 would prefer nibs over scoops...I doubt more than 10% will use 1800.

I do see the point in allowing for greater variety rather than just a variety of a single key and I don't disagree with that thinking at all...There is definitely something to be said for providing many different layout possibilities...but I don't see it any different than the suggestions for different keys in different colors....in fact, it impacts something more important than purely looks (IMO), it impacts feel..

But like I said..just throwing out some things to consider...I'd actually think these would be some of the cheapest to make because it is already something they can do as standard...

But nibs don't add additional layout compatibility.  :'(

I for one would rather have the extra caps go to greater layout compatibility
null

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1508 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 00:45:24 »

Yeap...I said as much before.  I don't disagree that additional layout compatibility is nice and you can easily argue it is more useful.  I'm just pointing out that how much use they'll get is not a lot.  It isn't like ISO which is common or Tsangan stuff which will be common...they're two very popular extras that should be included...at its peak 1800 may have 10% of the sets being used for that (I'd consider that a bit stretch as well) vs. an alternate color key which will get used a lot more or, as I mentioned before, nibs...

I don't want it to look like I'm making a big deal about it...which I'm sure some people think even though I'm really not...I'm just bringing up a different perspective.. one of which is bringing real usability to more people is sometimes better than making something useful to a small minority.

But ultimately, whatever Bunny decides to do is cool with me.  Personally I would've bought this set even if it was bone stock ANSI standard without any extras.  I think it is going to be that great of set... 

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1509 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 01:07:43 »
Everything we're getting in this buy is something GMK can do as standard. No custom colours, legends, etc. here.

My personal preference is to split the ISO/ANSI legends into two caps, and to add a colour splash esc/enter (preferably in cyan).

Yes  :)   +1 for 1.25 code  keys  :thumb:

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #1510 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 01:08:50 »
Hey man don't talk down on my 1800 layout, I removed my option for keycaps in the 1800 group by with hopes it would be made here! (obviously if it ends up not happening that's my own fault as I was aware it wasn't a for sure thing)

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1511 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 01:20:23 »
bringing real usability to more people is sometimes better than making something useful to a small minority.
But are you even sure that there are more people that find scoops unusable than there are people who would use the 1800 layout (or any other additional layout supported)?

The way I see it, nibbed F and J keys are a very minor alternative to the already perfectly usable (and for many of us, preferable) scooped F and J keys.
null

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1512 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 01:34:46 »
People are in this GB primarily because it has great aesthetics and the prestige/feel of GMK/Cherry profile, and the spec was scoops from the beginning. Adding nibs now is pleasing some unknown minority of people who don't like scoops but joined the GB anyway, at the expense of usefulness to all future owners of this set, and compatibility with all future possible keyboards which could be honoured by hosting it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 01:36:30 by Wilba »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1513 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 01:57:50 »
People are in this GB primarily because it has great aesthetics and the prestige/feel of GMK/Cherry profile, and the spec was scoops from the beginning. Adding nibs now is pleasing some unknown minority of people who don't like scoops but joined the GB anyway, at the expense of usefulness to all future owners of this set, and compatibility with all future possible keyboards which could be honoured by hosting it.

Some tosser thinks he can push through his nibs on this Group Buy, afraid not sunshine, there won't be any extra nibs included as was mentioned in the very beginning.

Have to stick to the original price tag and that's it, no extra payments unless the requester wants to foot the whole bill out of his own pocket  8) .

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1514 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 01:58:52 »
bringing real usability to more people is sometimes better than making something useful to a small minority.
But are you even sure that there are more people that find scoops unusable than there are people who would use the 1800 layout (or any other additional layout supported)?

The way I see it, nibbed F and J keys are a very minor alternative to the already perfectly usable (and for many of us, preferable) scooped F and J keys.

I doubt most of the users in this GB have even used scoops...How many people on here have actually used Cherry/GMK full sets?  There are far more that have not.  But lets say half have and love scoops (even assuming ALL of them love scoops which isn't the case).  Half haven't and are unknown.  Some will find it foreign and odd and have grown up with nibs.  If that % is 40% of 50% that is 20%.  If it is 20% of 50% that is 10% of the overall total...Are scoops so preferred that even one out of five people that haven't used it wouldn't like scoops?  Hard to believe right?  Since we've seen some GMK GBs with Nibs, we know nibs aren't completely unpopular...not to mention they're far more standard and really, if scoops were that much more preferred (9 out of 10 people prefer them) we'd see more keyboards with them..

I doubt even 10% of the total GB users have a 1800 keyboard...for example....or a 660..

I'm not against additional layout compatibility..I think it is a good idea and I don't disagree with doing it...but at the same time, the funny layouts are in small minority..that isn't an opinion, really, for example, 1800 users are the minority...do you add keys for the minority to try to please everyone?  Or add keys for more people? 

Eg.  Scoop/Nib usefulness is the same as alternate colors.  So would additional colored keys for some changes be more useful for more people or adding some minor layouts options?  Probably colored keys...

The biggest problem I see with a lot of GBs on GH is trying to make everything for everyone.  The GH60 was a perfect example of why that is not necessary.

Korean customs are a perfect example of why it doesn't have to be everything for everyone.  You can get this layout and that's it.  Or Winkey or Winkeyless that's it.   

Again, I'm not saying get rid of 1800 compatibility...etc, etc...I'm saying, hey, if we have the option for more keys, this might not be a bad one....and pointing out that there are probably going to be quite a few users that actually prefer nibs (although they might be fine with scoops)...

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #1515 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 02:08:14 »
All of this talks about nibs and scoops and I am just here waiting for the full hhkb layout(|\ in num line). I guess that is not possible right now BunnyLake?

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1516 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 02:32:52 »
Cherry POM caps on modern G80s have scoops, so I imagine a lot of people have used them. They're one of the cheapest mechanical full size boards available, after all.

Personally I like them, but I can see how scoops could be annoying, for example for those who are primarily gaming rather than typing and don't need the homing keys at all.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1517 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 03:48:53 »
Is scooped key the same thing as the deep dish keys you find on the DSA set?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1518 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 03:53:47 »

Some tosser thinks he can push through his nibs on this Group Buy, afraid not sunshine, there won't be any extra nibs included as was mentioned in the very beginning.

Have to stick to the original price tag and that's it, no extra payments unless the requester wants to foot the whole bill out of his own pocket  8) .

Of course we will stick to the original price tag...isn't the discussion on possible extras? 

No need to start with the insults....
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 03:56:06 by Polymer »

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1519 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 04:02:38 »

+1
null

Offline rabidwombat

« Reply #1520 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 04:15:30 »
I personally have never tried scoops, and I don't have keyboards with exotic layouts like FC660C, 1800, 65% or 75% layouts. However I'm still excited to try and adapt to scoops. Also, I think the priority is to have keys to support as many of the possible layouts as possible. At this point, keys for the additional layouts may be redundant for many of us, even for me, but I'll probably keep my set forever, so I'd love the possibility to put this key set on any of my future keyboards and preserve the Hyperfuse theme in its entirety. And if you look at extra 1800 keys, like row 1 Del, End, PgDn, they unlock many more options for keyboards like the Lightsaver/RSIII, 75% layouts or even custom num pads, and not just for users of 1800 layouts.

End of day I'm happy with just the set in the original mockup, and I'll just adapt my future keyboard purchases and key layouts to what Bunny chooses for the extra keys  :)

Offline derzemel

« Reply #1521 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 04:19:38 »

+1
+2

also, this whole circlejerk regarding nibs, tits, scoops, balls on the keycaps is getting us nowhere

here is what BunnyLake said on page 42:

ill made a list now

r3 control
1800 support
cyan on purple code key
spliting the legends with front iso printing to be standalone iso and ansi legends
and extra shift for f660 support

i think there were a couple more things on the table but cant remember off the top of my head

We bought this keyset as it was presented at the begining of the GB (no extras, or nibs, etc). Personally I was very happy to have gotten only the original mockup, but now, with extras (any kind of extras) I am ecstatic, even though I will probably never use some of the extras (1800 for example)

We should all be extremely thankful to BunnyLake for deciding to add extra Keys with no extra cost for us and we should at least be respectful to him and let him decide first what he thinks it's best cost wise and manufacturing wise. Then we can all work as a team and decide on what is feasible (so everybody can be happy).

There is a Romanian proverb: If someone gives you a finger, don't take the whole hand
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 04:45:35 by derzemel »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1522 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 04:43:39 »
There is a Romanian proverb: If someone gives you a finger, don't take the whole hand
;D Yep, so true  :cool:
I joined this GB because I trust Bunny to take the best decision, If I get the caps from the original mockup I'm more than happy, anything extra is a nice bonus  :thumb:
I'm like a magpie, I like colored boards and this colorway is just perfect for a [CTR]ALT 60%  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1523 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:02:17 »
We should all be extremely thankful to BunnyLake for deciding to add extra Keys with no extra cost for us and we should at least be respectful to him and let him decide first what he thinks it's best cost wise and manufacturing wise. Then we can all work as a team and decide on what is feasible (so everybody can be happy).

And no one suggested otherwise..  Bunny even asked for any suggestions for possible extras...

I am merely suggesting a possible extra and have said, more than once, it is all up to Bunny to decide.

I think someone else made a post on here about the fact that most of this community only reads a short bit of a post and that's completely obvious....

Offline feizor

« Reply #1524 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:18:47 »
Eg.  Scoop/Nib usefulness is the same as alternate colors.  So would additional colored keys for some changes be more useful for more people or adding some minor layouts options?  Probably colored keys...

I would have thought that 1 less alternate colour key might not be a deal breaker for most, but lack of support for a 1800, 660m, or hhkb layout user could be a definite deal breaker for some.

[/size]
Again, I'm not saying get rid of 1800 compatibility...etc, etc...I'm saying, hey, if we have the option for more keys, this might not be a bad one....and pointing out that there are probably going to be quite a few users that actually prefer nibs (although they might be fine with scoops)...

Nibs or scoops, a row 3 F key is a row 3 F key. I would be happy with either but don't see the need to have both.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1525 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:25:52 »

And no one suggested otherwise..  Bunny even asked for any suggestions for possible extras...

I am merely suggesting a possible extra and have said, more than once, it is all up to Bunny to decide.

I think someone else made a post on here about the fact that most of this community only reads a short bit of a post and that's completely obvious....

I agree with you, home keys with nibs are a perfectly sensible extra, and they might get more use than some of the other keys specific to a layout (and aesthetically questionable keys like purple spacebars  :rolleyes: ). I guess people value flexibility of layouts and aesthetics over what might be just a preference of a minority. People are going to push their preferences and what they consider better for the majority or maybe just not want "their" extra keys wasted on really superfluous or redundant things, or in this case, things considered not "canonical GMK"  ;)

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1526 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:29:18 »
Nibs or scoops, a row 3 F key is a row 3 F key. I would be happy with either but don't see the need to have both.
This +10

(but seriously... scoops)
null

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1527 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:32:46 »

I agree with you, home keys with nibs are a perfectly sensible extra, and they might get more use than some of the other keys specific to a layout (and aesthetically questionable keys like purple spacebars  :rolleyes: ). I guess people value flexibility of layouts and aesthetics over what might be just a preference of a minority. People are going to push their preferences and what they consider better for the majority or maybe just not want "their" extra keys wasted on really superfluous or redundant things, or in this case, things considered not "canonical GMK"  ;)

Thank you...I think extra layouts are great....I really didn't think the suggestion for nibs as an extra was sacrilegious...It is quite sensible in my mind...

Ultimately, whatever Bunny decides is fine with me...Extras are just that, extras....I'll be appreciative of anything. 

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1528 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:35:50 »

Thank you...I think extra layouts are great....I really didn't think the suggestion for nibs as an extra was sacrilegious...It is quite sensible in my mind...

Ultimately, whatever Bunny decides is fine with me...Extras are just that, extras....I'll be appreciative of anything.
Enjoy your scoops.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1529 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:46:30 »
I guess people value flexibility of layouts and aesthetics over what might be just a preference of a minority.
Everything about this GB has to do with aesthetics - from the color palette, to perfectly matched profiles and legends over a wide range of key layouts, to remaining true to the GMK standard of scoops. It's all in pursuit of aesthetic perfection. ;D
null

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1530 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:54:30 »
I guess people value flexibility of layouts and aesthetics over what might be just a preference of a minority.
Everything about this GB has to do with aesthetics - from the color palette, to perfectly matched profiles and legends over a wide range of key layouts, to remaining true to the GMK standard of scoops. It's all in pursuit of aesthetic perfection. ;D

Serious question: why isn't there more of a push for a cyan Esc? It's even shown as the default Esc in the DCS and DSA mockups. OBLIGATORY I'll be happy with whatever Bunny decides but seriously... it's a big part of the aesthetics, for me.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1531 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:55:52 »

Serious question: why isn't there more of a push for a cyan Esc? It's even shown as the default Esc in the DCS and DSA mockups. OBLIGATORY I'll be happy with whatever Bunny decides but seriously... it's a big part of the aesthetics, for me.

Because it exists already:

(Photo Credit: Binge - https://bingecap.com/product/gmk-double-shot-esc-key/)
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 05:59:49 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1532 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 06:02:10 »

Because it exists already:
Show Image

(Photo Credit: Binge)

That doesn't really answer my question. This whole thread is full of talk about this being a unique colorway in GMK, one time only, get in or miss out forever. Is this not the time to get a purple on cyan Esc made? Some magenta on cyan Esc from some other group buy (past or present) doesn't really cut it.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1533 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 06:30:35 »
This whole thread is full of talk about this being a unique colorway in GMK, one time only, get in or miss out forever. Is this not the time to get a purple on cyan Esc made? Some magenta on cyan Esc from some other group buy (past or present) doesn't really cut it.

So what would you have Bunny do, give ONLY YOU the Cyan Esc key?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1534 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 06:38:29 »
This whole thread is full of talk about this being a unique colorway in GMK, one time only, get in or miss out forever. Is this not the time to get a purple on cyan Esc made? Some magenta on cyan Esc from some other group buy (past or present) doesn't really cut it.

So what would you have Bunny do, give ONLY YOU the Cyan Esc key?

I asked about a cyan Esc key being added, like it was in the DCS and DSA versions, since I assumed it was popular, people post pics of their keyboards with it being used.

How can that be interpreted as such an exotic request that ONLY I would want, warranting such a sarcastic rebuke?

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1535 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 06:40:05 »
Cyan escape may exist but I sure don't have one. Same goes for the enter keys etc.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #1536 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 07:18:25 »
Cyan escape may exist but I sure don't have one. Same goes for the enter keys etc.

Same for me.

So two points I'd like to make... and maybe I'm wrong...

1) That esc key is Magenta on Cyan, not the same purple as in this set?
2) Even if it did exist at one point, I'd venture to guess most of us do not have one and cannot get one at this point.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1537 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 07:29:48 »
How can that be interpreted as such an exotic request that ONLY I would want, warranting such a sarcastic rebuke?

Where I work being 'sarcastic' usually involves smashing someone's face into a drum rail or crushing their hand with a sidchrome spanner  8) .

So if you are easily upset with any typing about issues relating to this Group Buy then your going to need to grow a pair and relax.  Not getting your way is a natural part of life here as well as elsewhere hence cool down if you actually think this Group Buy will stop on your say so.

Whether or not Bunny decides on having any extra Cyan coloured keys is up to him but I won't stand around and tolerate little spoilt brats jumping up and down demanding someone to give them their extra keys like it was their rightful indulgence.

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #1538 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 07:53:22 »

+1 My personal preference is also separate ISO/ANSI legends. Also in general I'd rather see expanded compatibility (1800 etc.) over expanded colour scheme.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #1539 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 08:15:15 »

Where I work being 'sarcastic' usually involves smashing someone's face into a drum rail or crushing their hand with a sidchrome spanner  8) .

So if you are easily upset with any typing about issues relating to this Group Buy then your going to need to grow a pair and relax.  Not getting your way is a natural part of life here as well as elsewhere hence cool down if you actually think this Group Buy will stop on your say so.

Whether or not Bunny decides on having any extra Cyan coloured keys is up to him but I won't stand around and tolerate little spoilt brats jumping up and down demanding someone to give them their extra keys like it was their rightful indulgence.

I thought discussion about extra keys was open for all to contribute, and I did. I merely noted that the cyan Esc, which was present in the other Hyperfuse runs, would be an ideal candidate. You're the one getting upset, and attacking me for stating a preference, not a demand.

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1540 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 08:36:43 »

I don't want it to look like I'm making a big deal about it...which I'm sure some people think even though I'm really not...I'm just bringing up a different perspective.. one of which is bringing real usability to more people is sometimes better than making something useful to a small minority.

See, this is interesting. I agree with that sentiment and actually think that that very sentence is an argument AGAINST nibs. I, honestly, believe the number of people who will hate scoops so much they require nibs, will be less then the number of 1800 users. I think that'll be like 5% of users. Scoops are ****ing awesome. I have no idea how you could use them and not come to that conclusion. I adore my genuine cherry scoops so much. Besides, deep dish sets, which are all you've been getting from SP lately, are basically inferior scoops, so I think more people on this buy have used scoop-like homing keys then you're thinking. Finally, even if you don't like scoops, you can still use the set. If we don't have an 1800 compat set, then 1800 users either can't use the set or can only use a gimped version.

So, I'd argue that 1800 support brings real usability to more people and nibs brings arguably useful to a small minority. /$0.02

Regardless, nibs are the one thing we shouldn't be arguing about. They're the only thing Bun has straight up shot down already. Just not gonna happen. It uses two of our keys and is not the cherry norm. You wanted a cherry set. Guess what? You're getting one! (As crazy as that sounds ).

Personally, we should be debating full 75% support vs more colored keys, assuming 1800 support is guaranteed.

I'd love 75% support. But a purple on cyan enter and escape might be too nice to pass up...
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1541 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 08:44:10 »
Depends what you mean by 75%  support; I've got a Race, but aren't there several other boards with significant layout differences that are also 75%?

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #1542 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 09:11:16 »
Depends what you mean by 75%  support; I've got a Race, but aren't there several other boards with significant layout differences that are also 75%?
I meant the more standard 75% layouts like the Keycool84, RS84, and the Octagon. The race is a special child...

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1543 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 09:18:10 »
Ah, so I'm the oddball! Fair enough:) Using it at work so not especially looking to put my super awesome gmk hyperfuse caps on it!

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #1544 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 09:38:10 »

See, this is interesting. I agree with that sentiment and actually think that that very sentence is an argument AGAINST nibs. I, honestly, believe the number of people who will hate scoops so much they require nibs, will be less then the number of 1800 users. I think that'll be like 5% of users. Scoops are ****ing awesome. I have no idea how you could use them and not come to that conclusion. I adore my genuine cherry scoops so much. Besides, deep dish sets, which are all you've been getting from SP lately, are basically inferior scoops, so I think more people on this buy have used scoop-like homing keys then you're thinking. Finally, even if you don't like scoops, you can still use the set. If we don't have an 1800 compat set, then 1800 users either can't use the set or can only use a gimped version.

So, I'd argue that 1800 support brings real usability to more people and nibs brings arguably useful to a small minority. /$0.02

Regardless, nibs are the one thing we shouldn't be arguing about. They're the only thing Bun has straight up shot down already. Just not gonna happen. It uses two of our keys and is not the cherry norm. You wanted a cherry set. Guess what? You're getting one! (As crazy as that sounds ).

Personally, we should be debating full 75% support vs more colored keys, assuming 1800 support is guaranteed.

I'd love 75% support. But a purple on cyan enter and escape might be too nice to pass up...
+1

1800 support is all I hope  for.  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1545 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 09:42:46 »
hey guys, sorry been at the hospital all morning, in about 20 mins im gonna start the tast of marking off all the paypal invoices as paid off the site

once i have finished i will post here, i would appreciate it if anyone who paid via paypal, checks there order on the site, after i have posted i have completed marking them, to check that yours has been done, and if it isnt, to contact me

once we have completed that, at some point tonight or tomorrow everyone with a paid order will get a nice thank you email explaining what will happen next etc

soon i will also have some mockups for people to see, with some options for extra keys etc
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1546 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 09:51:52 »

I think feel is very subjective...5% of users is only 1 out of 20 people that would prefer nibs to make it their ideal set.  If the numbers were that low, wouldn't we see far more scoop like sets out there?  It could be you're correct, I don't have any data to back up what I'm saying but I'm at least looking at the marketplace and what is in demand and if scoop like keys were really preferred by people, we'd probably see more of them.  That MIGHT not be correct but at least there is some logic behind it.  I'm not placing my personal preference (like many on here have), I'm using observed data to come to a conclusion.  Again, I could be wrong but at least I'm explaining how I'm coming to my conclusion...
1800 sets, while it is great to support the layout, is really only going to cover small percentage of people and that is a guarantee really.  There just aren't that many people with 1800 layouts..we know that as a fact. 

I do like supporting other layouts..and obviously if it can happen, that is great...and in an ideal world, it would support all of them..but that isn't possible...So does that mean there will be a HHKB type layout?  what about 7bit?   As I said before, really whatever Bunny decides is great...If he wants 1800 I'm all behind it, 100%..I'm certainly not complaining about it, I'm making a comparison..

There is too much bashing people over the suggestions they're making and it is getting a bit out of hand..like the recent one about someones suggestion of a color....The people throwing around some insults just need to grow up...People aren't whinging about things..they're making their own suggestions...like what many others did.  Just because you agree with some and not others doesn't mean you should then go about insulting people with ideas you didn't like....and not only that but completely misrepresent what they've said..
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 10:03:14 by Polymer »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1547 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 09:55:32 »
hey guys, sorry been at the hospital all morning, in about 20 mins im gonna start the tast of marking off all the paypal invoices as paid off the site

once i have finished i will post here, i would appreciate it if anyone who paid via paypal, checks there order on the site, after i have posted i have completed marking them, to check that yours has been done, and if it isnt, to contact me

once we have completed that, at some point tonight or tomorrow everyone with a paid order will get a nice thank you email explaining what will happen next etc

soon i will also have some mockups for people to see, with some options for extra keys etc

Yay~!!! Thank you for everything, Bunny :D

I appreciate all the awesome work you're doing even though you have urgent personal business that's going on!

Remember to put your current personal situation as #1 priority!!!

Please ignore all the arguing that's going on in here.

The extra keys are a bonus, and I look forward to see what you surprise me with~~~<3<3<3

I can't complain about something that I get for FREE on top of my order!!! :D :D :D

You the best!

Offline vindaon

« Reply #1548 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 10:03:11 »
I feel like this is a long shot, but with all this talk of homing keys I gotta ask. Any chance for Dvorak/alternate layout support?

Wondering how many people here use QWERTY, seems like 95%+
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 10:06:19 by vindaon »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1549 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 10:05:55 »

I thought discussion about extra keys was open for all to contribute, and I did. I merely noted that the cyan Esc, which was present in the other Hyperfuse runs, would be an ideal candidate. You're the one getting upset, and attacking me for stating a preference, not a demand.

I don't get it why it ends up in people talking rudely to each other. I felt Wilba was a legitimate request/offer and then that will be Bunny to decide in the end. (I don't have any Esc cyan key either) :D .

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S