Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761518 times)

Offline zah

Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (orders closed)
« Reply #2650 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 21:33:34 »
I'M PATIENT AND I'M LOUD!!

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #2651 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:09:39 »
Thanks for bringing my first GMK set to me, a unique design all the way from Germany.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2652 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:31:23 »
Honestly I'm fine with waiting but I'd imagine some people are unimpressed because they thought these were being presorted. I much would have preferred to pay a few extra dollars to avoid the wait times and possibility of missing keys.

And yes I know that the money for sorting was used to buy extra keys but that was never communicated to us at order time, as far as I knew these were being presorted until a couple weeks ago. Again not a problem from me, just a thought.

EDIT: Does this mean we're not getting the storage trays as well? Damn :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:37:38 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline FunkMasterJ

« Reply #2653 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 23:30:30 »

EDIT: Does this mean we're not getting the storage trays as well? Damn :(

Those storage trays are hot fiyah.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #2654 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 23:41:20 »
If I had someone to sort my keys for me and get the best possible price for the set of keys I'd be thankful.  :rolleyes:
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2655 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 23:42:28 »
If I had someone to sort my keys for me and get the best possible price for the set of keys I'd be thankful.  :rolleyes:

You stop it with your logic and basic human goodness.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #2656 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 23:51:34 »
I have already seen two peoples Triumph Adler orders arrive loose inside the trays. I am much happier with extra keys than I would be with a tray that may or may not keep you caps in place.

Example of Triumph Adler key caps arriving very loose inside a tray
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2015, 00:12:45 by nickheller »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2657 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 00:13:28 »
What good is spending money on GMK presorting when:

1) Some of them are arriving damaged out of the box
2) You sacrifice extra keys and support for alternative layouts

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2658 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 00:20:31 »

Well the pro is that Cody wouldn't have had to spend hours of his time on sorting out keycaps

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2659 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 00:21:35 »

Well the pro is that Cody wouldn't have had to spend hours of his time on sorting out keycaps

True that

Huge thanks to Cody for doing all the sorting

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2660 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 00:31:02 »
Thanks Cody.

IMHO I'd rather have extra keys for forever (or however long I have it) than have a lesser set two weeks earlier.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #2661 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 03:28:24 »
but that was never communicated to us at order time, as far as I knew these were being presorted until a couple weeks ago.

Yes and this was part of the reason I joined this buy. I actually questioned it because I didn't want to go through a huge wait again (still waiting on Toxic) and I was told that this would be a super quick turnaround. I imagine a vast majority of buyers will be throwing this on a 60% or tkl board. While I like the idea of having a few spare keys, I would have preferred to have them pre-sorted and on my desk right now instead.

Not trying to be a dousche or whine at all, just sharing my opinion.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2662 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 03:45:46 »
to answer a few questions about the sorting

originally we had planned to have them pre sorted, not in to silly plastic trays but just in to sets

a couple of things happened, we got a large vendor order, and they wanted their sets unsorted to save a little money

secondly, due to the success of the buy, we were able to add extra keys

when we were throwing around ideas for what to add, lots of people had very strong opinions

please remember when you say about a couple of extra keys, that isnt the case, we completely separated ansi and iso rather than having the front printed, that is a large amount of keys, we added some nice aesthetic keys, we added hhkb, 1800 and 75% support, none of which i use on an mx board, but did so because you guys wanted it, in order to please as many people as possible

now when adding 600+ of all these keys, the price added up, so we sacrificed a luxury like pre-sorting, now, this adds a very small amount of time to the end user, but adds a ton of extra work to us, which we were willing to do, to make this set as good as it could possibly be for you guys, just because you may not appreciate the extra keys and extra work we are putting in, doesnt mean others dont, remember, this set and the logistics of this gb werent planned for only you

yes some TA sets are shipping, but these are being shipped from a massive fulfilment centre, not one guy

there are pros and cons to all ways of doing buys and drops, TA is gonna come out a little faster, but the buy was very rigid, nothing could be changed or added despite it hitting huge numbers etc, this may take a little longer, but we did our best to be flexible, listen to feed back, and add keys that will genuinely make this set both more aesthetically pleasing, as well as functional and compatible with more boards in the future

thank you to everyone waiting patiently
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2663 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 03:53:24 »

originally we had planned to have them pre sorted, not in to silly plastic trays but just in to sets

a couple of things happened, we got a large vendor order, and they wanted their sets unsorted to save a little money

when we were throwing around ideas for what to add, lots of people had very strong opinions

please remember when you say about a couple of extra keys, that isnt the case, we completely separated ansi and iso rather than having the front printed, that is a large amount of keys, we added some nice aesthetic keys, we added hhkb, 1800 and 75% support, none of which i use on an mx board, but did so because you guys wanted it, in order to please as many people as possible

now when adding 600+ of all these keys, the price added up, so we sacrificed a luxury like pre-sorting, now, this adds a very small amount of time to the end user, but adds a ton of extra work to us, which we were willing to do, to make this set as good as it could possibly be for you guys, just because you may not appreciate the extra keys and extra work we are putting in, doesnt mean others dont, remember, this set and the logistics of this gb werent planned for only you

yes some TA sets are shipping, but these are being shipped from a massive fulfilment centre, not one guy

there are pros and cons to all ways of doing buys and drops, TA is gonna come out a little faster, but the buy was very rigid, nothing could be changed or added despite it hitting huge numbers etc, this may take a little longer, but we did our best to be flexible, listen to feed back, and add keys that will genuinely make this set both more aesthetically pleasing, as well as functional and compatible with more boards in the future

Don't worry bunny everyone will be happy in then end :)

I for one am excited to see if the GMK hype actually holds up as it will be my first time using them O>O
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #2664 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 03:55:50 »

Is there a final mock up?
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2665 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 03:58:08 »

yes it has been posted about 20 times throughout the thread

however im on my laptop so dont have it to hand right now, but its there if you wanna look for it, we also emailed it to everyone in the gb who ordered through the site

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2666 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 04:01:26 »
Final mock up.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2667 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 04:01:44 »

This should be it

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #2668 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 04:07:06 »
Wow, so many extra keys, that R3 Control ...
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #2669 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 05:04:27 »
I'm sure that most of us are happy that this set was ever made, and are willing to wait however long it takes to sort everything out and be sure that everyone has everything they need.
Cody and Bunny have lives outside of GH and ctrlalt.io, and I think that those lives comes first.
I'd like to think that most of us understand that this GB was/is a lot of work, and appreciate the work they have done for us.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2670 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 16:58:32 »

I don't want to sound like an ass kisser but I personally really appreciate what you, the Ctrl Alt team, have done for this GB. I'm waiting patiently for it. Thanks again for your investment guys.

Damn I didn't see it either. Do you know the width of that key by any chance? Is it 1.5u? 

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2671 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 17:21:02 »

I don't want to sound like an ass kisser but I personally really appreciate what you, the Ctrl Alt team, have done for this GB. I'm waiting patiently for it. Thanks again for your investment guys.

Absolutely - sorting 100 sets of 100+ caps sounds like an absolute nightmare, but over 500 sets?  Cody was surely drunk when he agreed to do this, it's going to take a while!

Thanks Cody for taking on this monumental task and Bunny for negotiating an awesome array of caps - I hope to be an ISO 1800 user so will use most of them.

Damn I didn't see it either. Do you know the width of that key by any chance? Is it 1.5u?

It's a caps lock replacement for the HHKB layout, so 1.75u :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2672 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 18:02:53 »

It's a caps lock replacement for the HHKB layout, so 1.75u :)

Thank you. I just didn't know the size of that key. I had the mere hope of being able to put the CTRL of my CMYW there even though the profile would not have matched. :)

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #2673 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:04:38 »
Again, thank you to Bunny and the team for the time you are putting into this, I'm thrilled about the set and more than happy to wait. I also had an idea GBs take some time to complete prior to ordering. I do think keeping the OP up to date for the next GB, and GBs in general would be a good idea. Rather than having to pull through a thread for the latest update (e.g. final mockups, delivery status) one could just go to the OP, this would especially be good for those who don't frequent GH that much, or even signed up just to get their hands on a set.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2674 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:21:48 »
cody let me know on skype he is hitting the office today, and will not only be getting things moving, but taking some pics of his epic shanty town of cardboard shelving he has built to make all this easier, so as soon as he sends me pics ill get them posted up

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2675 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:36:34 »
Cardboard shanty town, can't wait to see that  :)) Good stuff Bunny, thanks for the update!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2676 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:13:59 »
Again, thank you to Bunny and the team for the time you are putting into this, I'm thrilled about the set and more than happy to wait. I also had an idea GBs take some time to complete prior to ordering. I do think keeping the OP up to date for the next GB, and GBs in general would be a good idea. Rather than having to pull through a thread for the latest update (e.g. final mockups, delivery status) one could just go to the OP, this would especially be good for those who don't frequent GH that much, or even signed up just to get their hands on a set.
I already expressed the same matter previously and Bunny said he preferred to let it as a timeline rather than a big OP. Feel free to correct me Bunny if I'm wrong.
cody let me know on skype he is hitting the office today, and will not only be getting things moving, but taking some pics of his epic shanty town of cardboard shelving he has built to make all this easier, so as soon as he sends me pics ill get them posted up
Cool! Looking forward to the pictures. ;)

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2677 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:46:01 »
I actually wish more GBs had pics of the process. I know it might take longer to finish the GB but it's still cool to see the process.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #2678 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:53:38 »
I am so excited to see some pics of the process. The amount of work that goes into this is really remarkable. I wish I had an accurate and meaningful  way to express my enthusiasm and my appreciation. For now just know that I mean it when I say, thank you.  :)
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2679 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 12:06:16 »
I actually wish more GBs had pics of the process. I know it might take longer to finish the GB but it's still cool to see the process.

I am so excited to see some pics of the process.

Shameless repost in case people like process pics and missed them from the Dolch buy.  :-[

Tease......

Show Image

Potato! Just crossed 8 hours of sorting today...

Show Image

Also these:
More

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #2680 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 12:14:02 »

Shameless repost in case people like process pics and missed them from the Dolch buy.  :-[

Tease......

Show Image

Show Image

Also these:
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I know I should be amazed by the caps, and I am! Thank you for sharing :) I didn't see these in the Dolch buy. HOWEVER, that couch steals the show.  :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2681 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 12:15:14 »
I know I should be amazed by the caps, and I am! Thank you for sharing :) I didn't see these in the Dolch buy. HOWEVER, that couch steals the show.  :p

:)) :)) :))

It always does.  :P  That's Ivan's couch.  :cool:

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #2682 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:16:08 »

Cody after a hard dazed night of cutting up keys
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline R1N3

« Reply #2683 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 15:38:56 »
Show Image

Cody after a hard dazed night of cutting up keys

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #2684 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 17:11:40 »
Excited to see some pics :)

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2685 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 07:57:38 »

Tease......

Show Image

Show Image

Also these:
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome pic hoff!

I just bought a dozen donut holes and coffee.

I'm still building a shelf out of boxes. I will be finishing it soon and shipping some of the first orders today.

I have been taking pictures... I will post them later once I take a few more.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2686 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 08:04:38 »

Tease......

Show Image

Show Image

Also these:
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome pic hoff!

I'm still building a shelf out of boxes. I will be finishing it soon and shipping some of the first orders today.

Awesome news :D

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #2687 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 08:25:06 »
I was not missing something? New progress information?
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2688 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 08:27:18 »

Tease......

Show Image

Show Image

Also these:
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome pic hoff!

Awesome news! I'll be looking forward to that. :D thank Cody for keeping us updated.

Offline Poostar

« Reply #2689 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:16:54 »

Tease......

Show Image

Show Image

Also these:
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome pic hoff!

Will we get an email confirmation once our order has shipped? Probably a stupid question but just wondering.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2690 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:17:02 »
http://imgur.com/a/szyI6

gallery of the finished unit coming soon

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:18:50 by BunnyLake »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2691 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:20:19 »
Awesome pic hoff!

Thanks for the progress update!  :D  Don't burn yourself out though, at least not on my account.  Can't speak for everyone on that one.  :P

Looking forward to seeing even more pics.  :thumb:

:cool:  Eagerly awaiting more pics!  Cool process you've got there, Cody.  Should make it easier than bending over bags of caps on the ground.  :P

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #2692 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:21:26 »
That is genius. The effort and ingenuity required to make the system to sort the keys is impressive, let alone the actual sorting part.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #2693 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:21:33 »

That is pretty awesome! I would never think to make something like that, but then again that's why you guys are so great at what you do.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #2694 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:22:31 »

Cody, what's it gonna cost for you to build me a new loftbed out of cardboard?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2695 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:22:40 »

Now we need a time-lapse gif of Cody sorting a set in front of ~120 boxes :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2696 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:41:03 »

Cody, what's it gonna cost for you to build me a new loftbed out of cardboard?

hes gonna need a bed there to tackle all this, so that idea isnt as far fetched as you would think haha

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2697 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:41:35 »
Will we get an email confirmation once our order has shipped? Probably a stupid question but just wondering.

If you ordered via ctrlalt.io you will receive a shipping notification.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2698 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 11:46:50 »
Good work on those bins Cody. Hope the process goes smoothly!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2699 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 12:19:11 »
The shelve is nice. I'm wondering how you could double check that there was a key of each type in completed set? Measure the weight? They should all be the same right?

I'm just thinking, like flat pack furniture, you finish and there is a left over key and you don't know where it goes   :eek: