Author Topic: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)  (Read 9761582 times)

Offline justnits

Re: (GB)HYPERFUSE GMK (currently shipping)
« Reply #3950 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:36:45 »
I've shipped to Malaysia and lots of other countries so far.

I finally received the stickers I ordered and they will be going out with all future orders starting tomorrow.
Please message me if you would like one and already have received your order.

Show Image

Love all the pictures so far too! Thanks!
Any update? I am still waiting for my tracking no.
I am worried that the parcel might have gotten stuck somewhere.

yes tons of international orders have gone out

i can assure you nobody has been forgotten

there is about 150 orders left to ship

cody has moved form the office into to his house to finish the sorting of these, he is nearly done and then shipping will be concluded

im very sorry about the short delay but its been very hard for me and cody to communicate for the last several weeks

this is entirely my fault

thank you for your patience

thank you for your reply on behalf of cody, bunny.
no doubt the unforeseen event that happens causes the delay, i understand that. props to that for managing to hold on even with the other projects on hand :)
i was actually referring to this post by cody that he replied to yuktsi on 8th September, mentioning that he have shipped out to Malaysia but yet to receive any tracking number from cody.
i understand that it's difficult for you to communicate recently, but if you do manage to get in touch with him, kindly mention to him if he has any tracking number for the Malaysia's order, do forward them to the buyers.

as yuktsi says, he is worried that the parcel might be stuck somewhere (or worse case that have happened to one of a friend of mine before, his parcel got stuck in a faraway country and got lost.) as we've had several horrible experience with our Malaysian postal service for international shipping.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:38:20 by justnits »
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #3951 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:44:52 »
I've got mine  today!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #3952 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:45:11 »
@justnits Malaysia here too and have not received .. so maybe that Sept batch is not for Malaysian GHers but Reddit? :D

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #3953 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:45:43 »
It's nice color !

Offline justnits

« Reply #3954 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:24:25 »
@justnits Malaysia here too and have not received .. so maybe that Sept batch is not for Malaysian GHers but Reddit? :D

belfong, have you receive tracking number yet?

well, the thing is cody mentions that he have shipped Malaysia's order. so the thing is we don't know if he did ship them out to Malaysia or he mistaken 'them' for Malaysia. we won't know until cody explains the situation lol
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #3955 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:57:00 »

belfong, have you receive tracking number yet?

well, the thing is cody mentions that he have shipped Malaysia's order. so the thing is we don't know if he did ship them out to Malaysia or he mistaken 'them' for Malaysia. we won't know until cody explains the situation lol
Maybe not all Malaysia's orders are shipped?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3956 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:00:14 »
I don't think you come across malicious at all. I too would really appreciate an update and perhaps an updated time frame on when the remaining sets will be shipped. I know that Bunny and Cody are not getting paid, and that CtrlAlt is not a business etc., but I still think that running a group buy comes with some sort of responsibility and taking 5 minutes to post an update should be doable.

That said, I still appreciate what you guys have done and I'm looking forward to seeing the set in person. :)

The one thing people don't have to worry about with Bunny is that you're not getting ripped off and everything is being done to make sure we get our stuff and it is as expected.

I think the only lesson learned from something like this is...Get them sorted by GMK...Free extras are great but I think the time and effort put in by Bunny and Cody to deal with all of these orders unsorted as well as the time spent waiting, makes those few extra keys probably not worth it...Definitely appreciate the time but to be honest, it makes me feel really guilty that they're doing all that work when really, we could've done with fewer extras and they'd not have to have done any of that work (which is probably in in the 100+ hours of work area).

i completely agree, gmk sorting was the way to go, what i learned from this gb is that i try a bit too hard to please people, when it came time to decide the extra keys, i wanted to accomodate as many requests as possible, a way to do that was to manually sort, in retrospect this was a poor decision and i apologise for that, however once all the sets are out, although there was a bit more of a delay, everyone will have a much fuller featured set
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline renne

« Reply #3957 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:59:13 »
Sir, YGPM about my final decision on shipping address. Thanks!

Offline Malicium

« Reply #3958 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:10:22 »
Can't wait to have mine, just two more days to wait ;)

Offline pryedthirdeye

« Reply #3959 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:15:08 »
Thanks for the hard work you guys have put into this group buy.  I know they are worth the wait :)
clicky clicky

Offline birdi127

« Reply #3960 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:22:37 »
I think even with the extra time people might be complaining about, they'll come to understand in the future that those extra keys (that won't exist unless another buy is ran) that they desperately need were worth the wait vs having to gimp on your favorite keyboard because it doesn't do a standard layout.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #3961 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:59:13 »
I think even with the extra time people might be complaining about, they'll come to understand in the future that those extra keys (that won't exist unless another buy is ran) that they desperately need were worth the wait vs having to gimp on your favorite keyboard because it doesn't do a standard layout.

I agree
However I'd rather pay a bit more for those extra caps, just to avoid the metric f%#^ ton of work that the CtrlAlt team needs to do with the sorting.
It's like I could change the oil in my car myself, but I think it's better to pay to have someone do it for me. I guess I'm at a point in my life where I'd rather spend more money and less time (on most things)

Offline WoozieBiscuit

« Reply #3962 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:38:25 »
yes tons of international orders have gone out

i can assure you nobody has been forgotten

there is about 150 orders left to ship

cody has moved form the office into to his house to finish the sorting of these, he is nearly done and then shipping will be concluded

im very sorry about the short delay but its been very hard for me and cody to communicate for the last several weeks

this is entirely my fault

thank you for your patience

Thank you Bunny. This was just what I needed. Thanks for being so great. No rush now.

I would have to agree though. It's maybe best that we get GMK to do the packaging from now on.

Offline drewba

« Reply #3963 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:33:37 »
For me, the upside to waiting for Hyperfuse is that I haven't started any other keyboard projects. Happy wallet, happy life  :thumb:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3964 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:10:45 »
For me, the upside to waiting for Hyperfuse is that I haven't started any other keyboard projects. Happy wallet, happy life  :thumb:

Exact opposite for me, I was planning to use my Hyperfuse set on my RS96 but I ended up grabbing two more boards in the meantime, possibly a 3rd coming up too. Sad wallet, happy fingers :p
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline drewba

« Reply #3965 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:55:00 »

Exact opposite for me, I was planning to use my Hyperfuse set on my RS96 but I ended up grabbing two more boards in the meantime, possibly a 3rd coming up too. Sad wallet, happy fingers :p
Hyperfuse on the RS96 sounds perfect. I'm happy for you and your new keyboards. Must...maintain...self...control...

Offline Kirfloof

« Reply #3966 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 17:27:12 »
Thanks for the update Bunny. Jimmies are soothed, all is well.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #3967 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 21:42:50 »
Bunny, with your name on a keyset you shouldn't be worried about whether or not people are willing to shell out a few extra bucks for extra keys or sorting. If you build it, they will be tripping over themselves to get it at any price. Compared to some of the group buys that have to be pieced together on MD, these buys are a steal when you factor in the quality and amount of layouts supported.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #3968 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 22:08:16 »
Bunny, with your name on a keyset you shouldn't be worried about whether or not people are willing to shell out a few extra bucks for extra keys or sorting. If you build it, they will be tripping over themselves to get it at any price. Compared to some of the group buys that have to be pieced together on MD, these buys are a steal when you factor in the quality and amount of layouts supported.

Well said!  :thumb:

Offline pirateluffy

« Reply #3969 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 00:19:55 »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline razenos

« Reply #3970 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 01:26:37 »
Still don't get tracking no. yet , Any shipped to Thailand?
Hope you guy didn't forgot my order. :D

Offline Polymer

« Reply #3971 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 08:24:24 »
i completely agree, gmk sorting was the way to go, what i learned from this gb is that i try a bit too hard to please people, when it came time to decide the extra keys, i wanted to accomodate as many requests as possible, a way to do that was to manually sort, in retrospect this was a poor decision and i apologise for that, however once all the sets are out, although there was a bit more of a delay, everyone will have a much fuller featured set

The set looks awesome..and the extra keys are great...I think everyone appreciates that...I actually don't mind the delay I just think it was far too much work for you guys to put in to deliver them....Thousands of dollars in time you guys have volunteered to give people some extra keys..I really do hope people understand that.

Thanks again Bunny and Cody!

Offline techmattr

« Reply #3972 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 10:32:34 »

It's common to spend $200+ on the most recent sets to come out. Especially the SA ones. So I certainly agree it's not going to be an overall issue for CtrlAlt sets to go up in price to alleviate some logistical headaches.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #3973 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:21:30 »
It's common to spend $200+ on the most recent sets to come out. Especially the SA ones. So I certainly agree it's not going to be an overall issue for CtrlAlt sets to go up in price to alleviate some logistical headaches.

And to take some cash for themselves. With all the stuff they have to go through for this, they deserve a cut of the proceeds.

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #3974 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:36:45 »

And to take some cash for themselves. With all the stuff they have to go through for this, they deserve a cut of the proceeds.

I don't think anyone would be opposed to chipping in an extra $10 a set to get the CTRL.ALT team payed up!

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #3975 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:57:45 »

I don't think anyone would be opposed to chipping in an extra $10 a set to get the CTRL.ALT team payed up!

The donation based system sort of accomplished that, just need to up the minimum amount to 10$  :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3976 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:37:28 »

I'm not at all opposed to this, but just be aware that in the current state, with CtrlAlt being artisans, that wouldn't really be kosher.  If they're being paid "properly" for their efforts, that would make them vendors.  Not something we can't change, but just so people are aware of the distinction.  :thumb:

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3977 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 04:33:57 »
i know many efforts in getting this shipped but this is seriously taking quiet a while now.
I'm in the US california and international people are getting tracking numbers before me. 2 sets still in limbo i avoided posting for a while but we're in november :-\
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 04:36:39 by appleonama »

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #3978 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 04:47:31 »
I'm in the US california and international people are getting tracking numbers before me.

It has nothing to do with where to live, but all to do with your order number.

I'm also waiting on my set. Cody is away for a few days but said that he'll be "in full swing to complete Retro, Hyper Fuse, and fulfill all keyboard community orders." when he gets back.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76717.msg1922572#msg1922572

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3979 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 07:20:09 »
Yeah if your set didn't ship by now it won't ship for at least a week.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Want

« Reply #3980 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 07:51:15 »

:(

I'd be fine with waiting however long it takes, basically. As long as we get updates and are not left out of the loop.
It's easy to feel left behind when we see deliveries being made all around, and a few people are left waiting, not getting any info on what's going on. You just feel abandoned, n'am sayin'?

We should all know that GBs are slow and require great patience from buyers, and a lot of work from the GB handlers. So it requires mutual respect, above all.

Tbh I felt a bit left behind with Cody being quiet, especially as Bunz is handling the JTK debut as well as his wife and newborn, while giving us updates during all of this.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3981 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 08:13:53 »
I'm still waiting on my two sets too bro. *Group hug*
I'm back.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #3982 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 08:35:02 »
Well, Bunny did just post an update saying they were working on it, so it's not like they haven't provided an update recently. That being said, I do understand people's frustrations starting to show through. I purchased my HF set on February 8th, and the buy launched on January 28th (if I recall correctly). So it's not like my order was that far down the list. I know there is a large influx of orders right at the beginning, but I'm not going to lie, I thought I'd have my order by now. I was pretty disappointed that it will be at least another week before it might even get shipped.

I am not posting this to stir up trouble, and everyone deserves a vacation. I know there was and is a lot of work to do, and I'm not taking any of that away. I just wanted to post my perspective as someone who has been patiently waiting.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3983 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 08:43:49 »

Well, Bunny did just post an update saying they were working on it, so it's not like they haven't provided an update recently. That being said, I do understand people's frustrations starting to show through. I purchased my HF set on February 8th, and the buy launched on January 28th (if I recall correctly). So it's not like my order was that far down the list. I know there is a large influx of orders right at the beginning, but I'm not going to lie, I thought I'd have my order by now. I was pretty disappointed that it will be at least another week before it might even get shipped.

I am not posting this to stir up trouble, and everyone deserves a vacation. I know there was and is a lot of work to do, and I'm not taking any of that away. I just wanted to post my perspective as someone who has been patiently waiting.

Feel free to join our patiently sadly waiting for Hyperfuse virtual group hug.
I'm back.

Offline camgibb

« Reply #3984 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 10:47:54 »

Yeah I ordered mine on the 29th of January and still no tracking number or anything :/ First group buy

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #3985 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 10:52:08 »

Purchased mine within an hour of the group buy going live, still no sign of it :(

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3986 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:22:09 »
From experience,

Posts that are in summary, "I have not received my order." Do not help.

Contacting the GB runners individually will likely get you a response and not cause undue social discord.  They have no idea who you are in the scheme of this.  The GB was not entirely through geekhack and geekhack does not have a backend system to track orders by user ID.  They likely have your order IDs with information like your name and address, so logically you will get a much better response taking some of your PII and inquiring with the GB runners.  CTRL Alt has a support ticket system as well as contact e-mail addresses.

If there's one thing I've learned is that lighting fires over GB distribution leads to both frustrated GB participants as well as GB organizers.  Nothing here is being run by vendors!  While a GB is meant to get you your product at a great price this system is not set up to vend on a schedule.  I'm not asking you to let people walk all over you when you have been patient, but I am asking anyone reading this to realize that by making a public spectacle of the organizers before reaching out to the organizers you only serve as a detriment to community run GBs.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3987 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:29:15 »

I'd be fine with waiting however long it takes, basically. As long as we get updates and are not left out of the loop.
It's easy to feel left behind when we see deliveries being made all around, and a few people are left waiting, not getting any info on what's going on. You just feel abandoned, n'am sayin'?

We should all know that GBs are slow and require great patience from buyers, and a lot of work from the GB handlers. So it requires mutual respect, above all.

Tbh I felt a bit left behind with Cody being quiet, especially as Bunz is handling the JTK debut as well as his wife and newborn, while giving us updates during all of this.

Updates are important. I believe we were suppose to receive email updates and yet No emails and months of being patient and it seriously trips me out especially when other countries and vendors....I won't comment on that since its pretty self explanatory but they already have tracking numbers. I waited a good while and that was my first time posting asking for an update. I can't even access the old ctrl alt website to view my order status...
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:39:03 by appleonama »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3988 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:32:45 »

Updates is important. No emails, months of waiting and it seriously trips me out especially when other countries and vendors....I won't comment on that since its pretty self explanatory but they have tracking numbers. I waited a good while and that was my first time posting asking for an update. I can't even access the old ctrl alt website to view my order status...

Did you e-mail ctrlalt?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3989 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:37:42 »
I'm in the US california and international people are getting tracking numbers before me.

It has nothing to do with where to live, but all to do with your order number.

I'm also waiting on my set. Cody is away for a few days but said that he'll be "in full swing to complete Retro, Hyper Fuse, and fulfill all keyboard community orders." when he gets back.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76717.msg1922572#msg1922572
if I recall correctly I entered the GB pretty soon for my first order

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3990 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:40:03 »

Updates is important. No emails, months of waiting and it seriously trips me out especially when other countries and vendors....I won't comment on that since its pretty self explanatory but they have tracking numbers. I waited a good while and that was my first time posting asking for an update. I can't even access the old ctrl alt website to view my order status...

Did you e-mail ctrlalt?
What's the point? I might as well keep waiting. I was just venting for the lack of email updates.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:42:51 by appleonama »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3991 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:43:31 »

Did you e-mail ctrlalt?
What's the point? I might as well keep waiting. I was just venting for the lack of email updates.

Genuinely curious what sort of email update would you expect to get?

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3992 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:48:56 »

Did you e-mail ctrlalt?

The last email from ctrl alt stated this

"And now the wait begins, we will update everyone by email any time we have updates for you guys."

So basically what has been said on this thread. However I don't know what pages they announced updates. I guess I poked some people lol
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:50:29 by appleonama »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3993 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 11:59:43 »

Did you e-mail ctrlalt?

"And now the wait begins, we will update everyone by email any time we have updates for you guys."

So basically what has been said on this thread. However I don't know what pages they announced updates. I guess I poked some people lol
I've been in multiple ctrlalt buys and I've never gotten anything other than the initial order email and maybe one update then a shipping email when things shipped, I didn't always get all those but to me that's typically what they send out.

For almost every buy they've done, some kind of update is usually found in the ctrlalt subforum.

I get maybe not everyone knows this and I know bunny wants these buys to be positive experiences but you've literally got 2 people on 2 different continents dealing with hundreds and hundreds of orders, they do the best they can. These group buys aren't there jobs, they have families.

And I've been there, I can relate, it sucks to wait, I don't know how long I waited for nostalgia but bunny eventually made it right.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #3994 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 12:32:35 »
I totally understand the points that people are making about these guys not being a business, and having personal lives. I get that random posts of "where is my order?" are not helpful, and do nothing to further the conversation. I am familiar with how Ctrl Alt works, and I know not to expect things to be super quick given all factors involved. With that out of the way, I believe sometimes it is perfectly acceptable to post in the GB thread asking for an update to something in an appropriate and informational way.

I'm not asking for more updates if there are none to give (not necessarily anyway). But I think that there was an expectation set at the beginning of this buy to have things shipped under a certain time frame. I feel it is well obvious that we have exceeded that by a good bit. I am not over hear harboring ill will over that at all. But, people have been patient, and I for one will continue to be patient. I am sure I will get my order. But I think I have fulfilled my end of this deal by waiting calmly and without constantly needing an update. At some point it is okay for me to ask the question. I can not be the only one thinking it!
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #3995 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 12:35:35 »
I totally understand the points that people are making about these guys not being a business, and having personal lives. I get that random posts of "where is my order?" are not helpful, and do nothing to further the conversation. I am familiar with how Ctrl Alt works, and I know not to expect things to be super quick given all factors involved. With that out of the way, I believe sometimes it is perfectly acceptable to post in the GB thread asking for an update to something in an appropriate and informational way.

I'm not asking for more updates if there are none to give (not necessarily anyway). But I think that there was an expectation set at the beginning of this buy to have things shipped under a certain time frame. I feel it is well obvious that we have exceeded that by a good bit. I am not over hear harboring ill will over that at all. But, people have been patient, and I for one will continue to be patient. I am sure I will get my order. But I think I have fulfilled my end of this deal by waiting calmly and without constantly needing an update. At some point it is okay for me to ask the question. I can not be the only one thinking it!

I think this is very well said  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #3996 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 12:40:24 »
At this moment, it's not so much the idea of waiting patiently, it's more so the idea of false hopes being raised with estimated projections and timelines. It's very understandable that shipping will take a while, as they have other matters to attend to, and that is completely fine. However, when updates such as shipping to conclude within a month, or an update giving a certain timeline, are not met, it creates more problems than one could probably anticipate.

That's probably my main complaint with the updates that are given. I am very appreciative that updates are given to us to work with, but for future purposes, maybe just an update of shipping or such would be preferred, instead of giving a projected date, as giving a date and not meeting it is, in my opinion, worse than being given a broad update.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3997 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 12:41:34 »
blimey

calm

read my update above and this

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76717.0

and you have all the info you need

cody has been working hard on this, but i am needed for parts of it and i had to drop off the face of the planet for a bit and have a kid

he has gone on holiday for a few days, and has posted he will get it all wrapped up as soon as he is back

« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 12:44:46 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline AdmiralSquid

« Reply #3998 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 17:58:03 »
Will there ever be another run for this set?

Offline techmattr

« Reply #3999 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 17:59:23 »

Did you e-mail ctrlalt?

I've been in multiple ctrlalt buys and I've never gotten anything other than the initial order email and maybe one update then a shipping email when things shipped, I didn't always get all those but to me that's typically what they send out.

For almost every buy they've done, some kind of update is usually found in the ctrlalt subforum.

I get maybe not everyone knows this and I know bunny wants these buys to be positive experiences but you've literally got 2 people on 2 different continents dealing with hundreds and hundreds of orders, they do the best they can. These group buys aren't there jobs, they have families.

And I've been there, I can relate, it sucks to wait, I don't know how long I waited for nostalgia but bunny eventually made it right.

There were actually a bunch of email updates sent during the Miami Twice and Hack'd by Geeks group buys. So if those were people's first CtrlAlt buys then a high expectation was set for communication and turn around time. There was a lot of communication and they were completed pretty quick.