Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8603325 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #17600 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 19:13:15 »
I'm pretty new to all of this.

So why do I want one so badly?

I'm not even a fan of skulls.

Everything you can't have is appealing, it's human nature.

If you don't like skulls I suggest you go Ogre hunting :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17601 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 19:38:14 »

Those are real nice. I actually just ordered my first Artisan caps from the Hot Keys Project October sale. I think they look amazing. Gonna try my hardest to go with my own aesthetic rather than the most in-demand items.

I love the Oktoberfest/Candy Corn Clacks though.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17602 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 23:27:32 »

Those are real nice. I actually just ordered my first Artisan caps from the Hot Keys Project October sale. I think they look amazing. Gonna try my hardest to go with my own aesthetic rather than the most in-demand items.

I think I prefer the clack blanks to the skulls. Seen both in person. Geekhack has some awesome photographers...I'd almost rather look at the photos on here than one on a keyboard in front of me.

You do you, boo boo.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #17603 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 10:39:52 »

I think I prefer the clack blanks to the skulls. Seen both in person. Geekhack has some awesome photographers...I'd almost rather look at the photos on here than one on a keyboard in front of me.

You do you, boo boo.

The Skulls are very underwhelming in person, I agree. Ogres though... they look awesome.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17604 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 16:03:04 »

You do you, boo boo.

The Skulls are very underwhelming in person, I agree. Ogres though... they look awesome.

Have you any Skulls?

If so, decrease your misery and increase your happiness by sending them all to me :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #17605 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 16:31:18 »

You do you, boo boo.

I have to agree, also the profile of skull (OEM) was annoying to use with cherry keysets.
I'm very happy to have traded it for an ogre.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline BrewCaps

« Reply #17606 on: Mon, 12 October 2015, 20:04:43 »

You do you, boo boo.

Maybe I will just settle for looking at the pictures.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17607 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 14:22:38 »
Ruby Red
Ice Blue
Emerald(?)/glass Green
Ice/clear

Am I missing any other trans color skulls here?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #17608 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 14:25:41 »
Ruby Red
Ice Blue
Emerald(?)/glass Green
Ice/clear

Skullcicle, Drunken Skull

Unless you meant single colors.  ;)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #17609 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 15:44:05 »
Ruby Red
Ice Blue
Emerald(?)/glass Green
Ice/clear

skullsicle isn´t translucent?
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #17610 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 15:47:18 »
Ruby Red
Ice Blue
Emerald(?)/glass Green
Ice/clear

Skullsicle is translucent, but it isn't transparent.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17611 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 16:07:41 »
Ruby Red
Ice Blue
Emerald(?)/glass Green
Ice/clear

There's that Gummyrot Green Skull one.

« Last Edit: Wed, 14 October 2015, 16:13:35 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #17612 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 16:08:36 »
Ruby Red
Ice Blue
Emerald(?)/glass Green
Ice/clear

Yeah, I guess it depends what he means by trans (parent or lucent).  And if it does include translucent there's also the slushy ones.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17613 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 16:20:54 »
And according to the GH CC wiki, there are also:

Aqua Translucent
Blue Translucent

Also from EK Gummyrot Green Ogre.

There's also Fallout Yellow (that I still cry over) and (probably) Fallout Orange.  naasfu has Fallout Yellow somewhere.

And sorry, you asked for Skulls only, but these are nice so I thought Id mention them anyway :p

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #17614 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 16:21:30 »
Ruby Red
Ice Blue
Emerald(?)/glass Green
Ice/clear

true, englando not on point

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17615 on: Wed, 14 October 2015, 16:21:42 »
Ruby Red
Ice Blue
Emerald(?)/glass Green
Ice/clear

There's that Gummyrot Green Skull one.

(Attachment Link)

Ah, right, how could I forget that one!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17616 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 11:58:38 »
Today I realized that by the way the things are looking Clackvent and 420 were the last sales. I see nothink on EK like in the last years.
The chance of getting a CC at a decent price are close to zero :( I've always wanted to get one in a sale... I need therapy
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #17617 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 11:59:52 »

Today I realized that by the way the things are looking Clackvent and 420 were the last sales. I see nothink on EK like in the last years.
The chance of getting a CC at a decent price are close to zero :( I've always wanted to get one in a sale... I need therapy

Yep

:(

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #17618 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 12:00:58 »

Yeah, I too was hoping to win a clack directly from the man. I am in the 420 thread, so I just hope that gets sorted out sometime!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #17619 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 12:02:24 »

I fear this may be the case.  And I feel sad for CC in the difficulties he must be going through.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #17620 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 12:06:29 »
:(
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17621 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 12:21:52 »
Oh damn :( now we need a group hug :( I'm glad I was lucky to grab the one CC I have for almost retail price.
But I've always wanted to get in one of those crazy sales, they were always funny with crazy names.... The nicest part about artisan caps is getting them from the source being part of the game .... or when another user makes a surprise to you or you trade your way up to the one you want most. This way the caps mean something, at least to me. Money can not buy this feeling, you get only "caps", expensive caps ....

Offline BrewCaps

« Reply #17622 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 13:44:18 »
No Octoberfest sale?

:-\

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #17623 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 13:47:17 »
No Octoberfest sale?

:-\

We all knew there was a slim chance of an October sale happening.

**** hit the fan and I don't see recovery from it anytime soon. It sucks, but that's life. I would much rather see Clack recover from this and come back in a year with more great caps.

Offline BrewCaps

« Reply #17624 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 13:51:43 »
Did the 4/20 sale items ever get invoiced and shipped?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #17625 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 13:53:22 »
Did the 4/20 sale items ever get invoiced and shipped?

Nope I don't believe anything ever happened beyond him locking the thread.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #17626 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 14:16:56 »
ya'll are dumb. the secret was that you pull your hair out and put it under the pillow, and the next day when you wake up there's a clack in its place. smdh, i got so many dank 420 clacks doing this since no one else was claiming them.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #17627 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 14:26:21 »
ya'll are dumb. the secret was that you pull your hair out and put it under the pillow, and the next day when you wake up there's a clack in its place. smdh, i got so many dank 420 clacks doing this since no one else was claiming them.
"Clack flippers hate him, get dank 420 clacks using this one simple trick "

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17628 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 16:19:54 »
Pictures or it never happened ! I want to see your bold topre user head and all those 420's ! You rubbercup lover! You bought those fake leaf caps and want now to pass them as legit ****, isn't that the plan?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #17629 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 20:45:01 »
The nicest part about artisan caps is getting them from the source being part of the game .... or when another user makes a surprise to you or you trade your way up to the one you want most. This way the caps mean something, at least to me. Money can not buy this feeling, you get only "caps", expensive caps ....
This. This is the fun part of the game. And the most memorable. And don't forget the leading drama from these sales in the Therapy thread. All in one nice warm, fuzzy package that, as you rightly pointed out, no money can buy.

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17630 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 20:59:28 »
Maybe clack can outsource his work to say....Vietnam

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17631 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 21:05:22 »

Hypocrite.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #17632 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 21:15:01 »

Hypocrite.

Thank you for your input.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17633 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 21:34:29 »

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #17634 on: Thu, 15 October 2015, 22:59:47 »
Oh damn :( now we need a group hug :( I'm glad I was lucky to grab the one CC I have for almost retail price.
But I've always wanted to get in one of those crazy sales, they were always funny with crazy names.... The nicest part about artisan caps is getting them from the source being part of the game .... or when another user makes a surprise to you or you trade your way up to the one you want most. This way the caps mean something, at least to me. Money can not buy this feeling, you get only "caps", expensive caps ....

I know right! Since I joined at the beginning of the year, not much has happened in the way of clack sales. I've seen some of the older sale threads and I can tell I really missed out on some cool stuff.

I wonder if in the future, considering the BBv2s discontinuation, BBv2s could be traded 1:1 with clacks..

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17635 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 00:13:22 »
I wonder if in the future, considering the BBv2s discontinuation, BBv2s could be traded 1:1 with clacks..

We both joined at around the same time...neat!

Personally, I don't see this happening much. Clacks are special...I never really get that feeling for a bro cap. V2s are rather abundant and the nature of Bro's sales aren't quite crazy like Clack sales. My .02, I'd rather trade a f2 for a Reaper v1 or something like that.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17636 on: Fri, 16 October 2015, 00:42:04 »

Hypocrite.

Thank you for your input.

Touché, my dear heedpantsnow, touché.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #17637 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:13:16 »
Exciting news for people!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #17638 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:13:22 »
420 sale hype!!!!!!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #17639 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:15:47 »
Good to see the clackman himself posting.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #17640 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:17:22 »
Glad to see he's posting again, also more glad I'm a part of the 420 sale too :p Maybe he can make a squishy one :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #17641 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:25:12 »
aww yiss.  welcome back, clacky!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17642 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:25:25 »
I don't even know what's going on in the BTTF thread. I really hope he's just posting to post because it's BTTF Day and he's excited. We're all just copy pasting random ****....and Clack's just giggling madly.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17643 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:26:15 »
I don't even know what's going on in the BTTF thread. I really hope he's just posting to post because it's BTTF Day and he's excited. We're all just copy pasting random ****....and Clack's just giggling madly.

I'm so confused. OCTOBER!!!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #17644 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:29:12 »
good to know he is still hanging in there :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #17645 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:30:46 »
and just when i got over my PTSD from clackvent

he returns

no complaints here. :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #17646 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:32:11 »
Welcome back Clack.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #17647 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:33:23 »
I guess when I miss out on BTTF clacks, I'll console myself with Back to the Future x Bape shirts.

Oh wait :(

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #17648 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:34:48 »
Finally recharged after clackvent and feeling ready. Hoping for some Halloween CC's!!

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #17649 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 12:36:08 »
Good to see Mr Clack is back