geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

What Antivirus do you use?

(1/19) > >>

noisyturtle:
Tried a lot of free antivirus software and have never been pleased with any of them really.

What do you use and what other antivirus/security software have you used that you loved or hated?

-Jerry-:
I just leave Windows Defender on and it does the job just fine, at least as far as I can tell from the stuff it picks up, a few scans with tools every now and then and my knowledge of where to look in the registry for persistent stuff. Then again, I’ve also got an IPS running, so that helps too.

We ran Sophos across the estate at work, but found that Defender preformed equally well, for less money and at a lower performance penalty.

captain:
There is nothing that will prevent COVID-19 other than staying away from other people and wearing your mask.

Tapatalk steals money then adds ads back in and demands more money! 

fohat.digs:
Malwarebytes has been my main thing, and Windows built-in anti-virus has seemed to work pretty well. That said, I don't visit a lot of dangerous hot spots.

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Thu, 06 August 2020, 18:27:13 ---Malwarebytes has been my main thing, and Windows built-in anti-virus has seemed to work pretty well. That said, I don't visit a lot of dangerous hot spots.

--- End quote ---

I had a bad experience with them where I was unable to uninstall or get MWB to stop running actively in the background. It was preventing me from being able to reboot because it wouldn't shutdown and it would not allow an uninstall. I forgot what the solution was, but I swore I'd never use it again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version