geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Question about EK rgb kit.

(1/2) > >>

lightsout714:
I have an ABS rgb kit from EK that I wasn't using. Just tried to throw it on my new poker and the keys don't want to fit. I noticed before that they were kind of tight going on another board. But ridiculously tight on this board. Actually just got on the left shift. Took it off with much care and it still pulled out the whole stabilizer with it. Scared the crap out of me but it didn't break. Got a quick lesson on how to put a cherry stabilizer back together. I tried to take a pic to show the different size in the stem. Would you guys consider this a defect?

I think I will email EK and show them. Maybe they will swap me out for a new kit.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 40179[/ATTACH]

Kisakuku:
Pretty sure I had similar issues. Chances are your replacement kit will be identical. I'd use them on boards with Costar stabilizers because they have a much higher tolerance for stem placement inconsistencies.

lightsout714:
Ok I guess thats the difference then. Because my other boards are costar. That sucks they are just sitting in a bag and they looked decent on this board when I laid them over the other keys. I emailed EK but if thats the case I guess I won't bother. I hope I don't have issues with other keys on this board.  I see lots of people with all sorts of keys on their Poker.

lightsout714:
Well +1 for EK, sent them an email regarding this. They said they have had similar complaints and made a small manufacturing change. They are sending me out a new set!

metafour:
I have a set I purchased from a member here and I noticed they were pretty tight going on too. I just figured it was because they're new. Doubt I can get a replacement since they were purchased second-hand. At least I know not to put them on my Poker now! I've got a set of PBT's coming from qtan for it anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version