Author Topic: Niz Plum 87 Bluetooth Pairing Issues  (Read 3196 times)

Offline zuss33

Niz Plum 87 Bluetooth Pairing Issues
« on: Sat, 22 June 2019, 18:56:07 »
My Niz Plum 87 EC(S) Pro Ble had worked beautifully a month and a half ago, then 4 weeks ago I started getting a spotty connection so I decided to remove the pair with my device and re-pair it. This is where the problem started, now all it does when I try to pair it is blink slowly (signaling that its connected which its not). I can't get the keyboard to go into pairing mode on all 3 bluetooth profiles. I've reset the board multiple times, tried all the firmware I could (v1.1.29, v1.1.33, v1.1.34) (v2.0.4, v2.0.12 these firmware update does not work, it just freezes and I need to reset the keyboard). I've contacted NIZ and all they told me was to update the firmware. I'm at my wits end, I've tried everything. Down to disassembling it to unplug the battery (seems the Bluetooth settings are stored in memory). Could anyone help me out please, I feel like I finally found my endgame keeb but without Bluetooth functionality it really throws a wrench into my workflow.  :(

Offline swedishpiehole

Re: Niz Plum 87 Bluetooth Pairing Issues
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 17:55:21 »
That really sucks! It sounds like you've tried everything. Is it still under warranty? I had an issue with my Atom66 and info@nizkeyboard.com replied quickly by sending me an unreleased firmware update. It's odd that you can't update to the 2.0 versions. I'd also suggest posting on r/mk, if you haven't already. Good luck.

Offline zuss33

Re: Niz Plum 87 Bluetooth Pairing Issues
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 July 2019, 16:08:38 »
yeah I've tried reaching out to them and initially they did respond, but as much as I tried asking them for unreleased firmware all they could tell me was to use the one on the site, which clearly doesn't work for me. I've tried r/mk as well and no one responded. It sucks because I feel like this could be my endgame and now I'm stuck with semi working product.