Author Topic: [IC] Atlas 65- Alice style 65% arrows with a Mirrored finish & hotswap  (Read 8130 times)

Offline streetmeat5

• Owner of Pantheon Lab: Home to the Atlas 65
    • pantheonlab
Good afternoon Geekhack community!

Pantheon lab is proud to present our first Official Keyboard:

Atlas 65

**None of these are renders. All images are real life photos**

**Once again, none of these images are renders**

The Atlas 65 is a 65% alice style layout that uses kailh hotswaps for switch placement. It's a spin off the original acrylic Arisu style layout with more refinements like hotswappable pcb, full sized backspace, upgraded ESD protection, tapered edges, flame polished acrylic sides for extra shine & smoothness, but most importantly: A Purple Mirrored Acrylic finish!

The Materials:

The case will be using a custom made purple mirrored acrylic, and all the edges will be flame polished for ultra-shine & finishing of the sides. The case acrylic is purple, but shifts color tones depending on the lighting. The keyboard design itself is a spin off the Arisu design by FateNozomi, a tried and true ergo keyboard, with many different changes to the case such as adding a full sized backspace, more beveled rounded edges, and other modifications to create a tighter fit and finish.

There is also an additional option for adding a brushed stainless-steel riser on the keyboard as well for added rigidity and weight. The stainless steel configuration comes in at 3.6lbs.

The plate the Atlas is using will be an acrylic switch plate and uses an integrated plate mount stacked design. The acrylic plate itself gives the keyboard enough give on the bottom out to not hurt finger joints on someone like me who grew up with weak fingers.

The PCB

The PCB will come assembled with Kailh Hotswap, so you don’t have to be stuck with the same switches forever. The PCB will come pre-soldered with hotswap sockets. It will be pre flashed with VIA and will support QMK if you prefer that.

Design features:
  • Hotswap PCB flashed with VIA & QMK compatible
  • USB-C connection with ESD protection
  • Custom mirrored purple acrylic that color shifts depending on the lighting
  • 16.97mm front height & 23.21mm rear height
  • Manufactured & assembled in Seattle, Washington

Maximum quantity: 200 units

Timeline and Pricing

This post is for posting the Final interest check so I can preorder all the materials before the Group Buy so I can try to have the orders fulfilled even earlier than my estimate.
The GB will open up on August 15th at 10am PST & close on September 15th. The base model with the mirrored acrylic riser is $215, or $245 for the Stainless Steel riser configuration. 

Fulfillment will be done within maximum of 3 months after the closing of the group buy, or sale of all 200 units.

The atlas 65 will be limited to only 200 units max. The reason for this limit is because I will be personally overseeing each and every aspect of the manufacturing, production, & assembly of each part of the keyboard to not only make sure that no quality issues or blemishes go unnoticed, but also so I can keep my promise of fulfilling all orders within 3 months after closing of the group buy. Additionally, since I wanted to make sure all the parts and materials are sourced from within the US, costs of manufacturing are significantly higher than other group buys. Sales will only be limited to the United States and Canada.

Like mentioned earlier, shipping & fulfillment will be done within 3 months of closing the group buy.

Where to buy?

The Atlas 65 will only be available on pantheonlab.net

I will be actively updating everyone both on this forum as well as our discord:

https://discord.gg/rbMTDAGCuj

https://instagram.com/pantheonlabs

Sound test:

If you are interested in Atlas 65, please join the discord if you want day-by-day updates on the drop, as well as filling out the Final interest check below.

This is the Final Interest check on the Atlas 65 before it goes live August 15 so I can figure out preordering parts this week before the sale so I can speed up fulfillment:
https://forms.gle/kJ7zP5LN7tWvhUNAA

Offline PittaMan

Re: [IC] Atlas 65- Alice style 65% arrows with a Mirrored finish & hotswap
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 20:48:05 »
This looks familiar........

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 16:57:08 »
Needs an additional acrylic layer on top. This is almost low profile.

Offline Wonderfool

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 18:53:47 »
Hey, can we get a photo of the PCB?  Will it be possible to solder in LEDs?

Offline streetmeat5

• pantheonlab
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 20:59:39 »
Hi!
Sorry I don't have a  clean photo of the PCB on hand rn, but I can send it to you when I get the chance to take photos of it. The PCB will not have LED capabilities after the fact. But there's really no reason to as it's a completely non-transparent case

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 21:53:53 »
Needs an additional acrylic layer on top. This is almost low profile.

+1 One extra layer would improve the look for me. In the market to buy my first Alice style + arrows. 7 days from the GB date probably means this wouldn't ever happen... :|

Offline streetmeat5

• pantheonlab
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 14:11:48 »
Ya sorry about that! On the bright side, there won't be any interference with SA keycaps, and it's still a looker for sure :p

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 20:38:43 »
Ya sorry about that! On the bright side, there won't be any interference with SA keycaps, and it's still a looker for sure :p
damn this would have been insane if it were just a little higher profile. Still looks dope tho
edit: hoping this is gonna have an r2 with an extra layer, and shipping to my country lol.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 August 2021, 21:37:09 by jabe8i »

Offline streetmeat5

• pantheonlab
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 00:18:27 »
I'm doing international shipping now! Check the discord for the supported countries at the moment. Also I don't plan on doing a R2 just because this material is really fricken expensive to manufacture and cut. It was way more expensive than I was initially expecting so definitely won't plan on using this for future products.

Offline ISOxSwap

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 14:51:46 »
Feels a bit odd when there is a keyboard named Atlas that is ortholinear.

Offline streetmeat5

• pantheonlab
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 24 October 2021, 00:44:31 »
Hello everyone! Just to keep everyone updated with what's going on with the Atlas in case anyone is looking back at this thread. The Atlas 65 sold out, so we closed up the Group Buy and immediately went to work! We are right on time with our schedule, and we have finished manufacturing and assembling 140/200 PCBs, with the rest nearing completion. Final sample cases were finally approved last week, and we begin mass production of our cases this upcoming week.