Author Topic: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards. GB Closed  (Read 33824 times)

Offline 2Moons

[GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards. GB Closed
« on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 02:15:06 »
Group buy updates on this thread as well as:

https://www.basekeys.com/category/news/

95% Shipped

Ordered Parts:
PCB
Acrylic
Cut Acrylic
Pro micro
Mac 8 Spring Pins
OLED
OLED Pins
OLED Risers
YS-SK6812MINI-E LED
M2 Spacer
M2 screws
Diodes
0.1uF
510 Ohm
TRRS Jack
Reset Switch
TRRS Cable

Slice

Included Items:
PCB x2 (White or Blue)
3mm acrylic top plates x2
3mm acrylic bottom plates x2
Pro micro x2
M2 Spacer x20
M2 screws x40
Diode x75
TRRS Jack x2
Reset Switch x2
TRRS Cable x1 (white)
15% off Coupon to Zap cables for a custom TRRS Cables

Price: ¥13,000 Shipped

Slice RGB

Included Items:
PCB x2 (White or Blue)
3mm acrylic top plates x2
3mm acrylic bottom plates x2
Pro micro x2
OLED x2
YS-SK6812MINI-E LED x71
M2 Spacer x20
M2 screws x40
Diode x71
0.1uF x37
510 Ohm x2
TRRS Jack x2
Reset Switch x2
TRRS Cable x1 (white)
15% off Coupon to Zap cables for a custom TRRS Cables

Price: ¥20,000 Shipped

How to Pre-Order: https://www.basekeys.com/shop/

Timeline:

Group Buy open for 2 weeks.
Estimated ship date:  Early June or sooner.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 July 2020, 23:17:21 by 2Moons »

Offline dankpupdaddy

• Twitch
Re: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB Live Now
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 10:32:36 »
Looking good  :thumb:  Site seems to be down

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 10:35:05 »
Looking good  :thumb:  Site seems to be down

Edit: My hosting company pretty much admitted it was on their end and "hopefully" fixed the issue.

« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2020, 18:54:46 by 2Moons »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 10:35:13 »
Site down here too :/

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 10:45:02 »
Site down here too :/

Edit: My hosting company pretty much admitted it was on their end and "hopefully" fixed the issue.

Also, feel free to message me and I can send an invoice separately.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2020, 18:55:08 by 2Moons »

Offline KingOfMemes

Re: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards GB Live Now
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 14:26:35 »
Copped

Offline 2Moons

Offline lofi_network

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 17:44:08 »
Been looking fwd to this one :)  Looking forward to receiving mine!

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 19:44:02 »
Been looking fwd to this one :)  Looking forward to receiving mine!

Thank you so much! Also, I want to thank everyone in the keyboard community for your support in making this group buy happen. Stay safe.

One week left to order.

Offline obviouslygene

Re: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards GB Live: One Week Left
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 21:48:42 »
Ordered!
Hope everything is going well in Japan.

Offline 10peaches

[GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards GB Live: One Day Left
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 07:46:19 »
Managed to order one last minutes! I have no experience pad soldering so it will be interesting to build.

I hope someone will create a acrylic cut high profile case for this lovely project and better yet have it open source like how CTFKB has done for the discipline 65.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 April 2020, 07:56:08 by 10peaches »

Offline 2Moons

Re: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards GB Live: One Week Left
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 07:51:45 »
Managed to order one last minutes! I have experience pad soldering so it will be interesting to build.

I hope someone will create a acrylic cut high profile case for this lovely project and better yet have it open source like how CTFKB has done for the discipline 65.

Thank you so much! The response from the community has been amazing.  In the last weeks I've designed a high-pro case already and it will go into testing sometime next week. Eventually I will open the case and pcb files. Take care!

Offline 10peaches

Re: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards GB Live: One Day Left
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 07:55:48 »
Managed to order one last minutes! I have experience pad soldering so it will be interesting to build.

Thank you so much! The response from the community has been amazing.  In the last weeks I've designed a high-pro case already and it will go into testing sometime next week. Eventually I will open the case and pcb files. Take care!
I’m very hype... it’s wish come true for me with the high pro case. Thank you for the effort!

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 08:05:47 »

I’m very hype... it’s wish come true for me with the high pro case. Thank you for the effort!

No problem. People were asking for it in the IC, but I had no experience with making one. The one I designed is just like the lubrigante or the ARISU case split into two sections.

Eventually you'll be able to have a fun TKL or full size addon. This is just the beginning of this project. The future will mark even more advanced case types. Cheers.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 08:31:23 »
I'm already in for the current kit, but I'd definitely buy the case too

Offline Tyson

Re: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards. GB Closed.
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 23:12:46 »
I'm excited to build mine! I'll be sure to post pics when it's all built! It was super exciting hanging out with you in Japan while I was there! I'll have to come back and visit again when all of this blows over! I really loved it over there!

Offline helborne

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 14:09:30 »
I tend not to use oled on my keebs, thanks 2moons!

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 18:00:14 »
I tend not to use oled on my keebs, thanks 2moons!

OMG that looks amazing, I'm so excited to see what everyone comes up with. Please enjoy it! Thanks so much. Cheers/

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:12:23 »
Has it already started to ship? Wow!
Extremely excited to get mine!
I’m also in for the case if there is one!

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:28:05 »
Has it already started to ship? Wow!
Extremely excited to get mine!
I’m also in for the case if there is one!

Sorry, the expected ship date is still early June. However JP Post has stopped service on all shipping to the US. The company called Kuroneko still has service to the US. I'm keeping up on all news about shipping but so far so good. PCB's are here! I'll put up a white PCB pic soon! Nearly all slice parts are ordered.

Hi-pro case/Full Case: I made a hi-pro case but it needed an adjustment. Experimenting with new acrylic cases is on hold. I am usually allowed to cut my own acrylic however the place to do that is currently not allowing people to come. Orders can be dropped off and picked up only. Until the shop reopens I can't finish making a hi-pro case. I'm still expecting that before the GB ships in early June that I'll be able finish my case design. Cheers and stay safe all.

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:31:45 by 2Moons »

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:28:41 »
sorry for the double post
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2020, 05:31:57 by 2Moons »

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 10:33:07 »

Sorry, the expected ship date is still early June. However JP Post has stopped service on all shipping to the US. The company called Kuroneko still has service to the US. I'm keeping up on all news about shipping but so far so good. PCB's are here! I'll put up a white PCB pic soon! Nearly all slice parts are ordered.

Hi-pro case/Full Case: I made a hi-pro case but it needed an adjustment. Experimenting with new acrylic cases is on hold. I am usually allowed to cut my own acrylic however the place to do that is currently not allowing people to come. Orders can be dropped off and picked up only. Until the shop reopens I can't finish making a hi-pro case. I'm still expecting that before the GB ships in early June that I'll be able finish my case design. Cheers and stay safe all.

Hey 2moons, not an issue. I heard about EMS stopping their services. I am in SG not sure if it is also affected.
I used to go to makers' base in Tokyo but I guess they might be close too.
Stay safe in Japan too!

Offline 10peaches

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 06:21:49 »
Hi 2Moons, I want to buy a custom cable from Zap Cables. How would the 15% discount work? I didn’t receive any code from the purchase confirmation.

Offline jackofclubs

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 18:01:56 »
Excited to see the white pcbs when you get a chance to upload a pic!! Also just curious why the wait on ordering the acrylic? No idea how this operates so just genuinely curious.

Thanks again 2Moons! Hope we can keep the ship date and you're staying healthy :)

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 19:26:55 »
Hi 2Moons, I want to buy a custom cable from Zap Cables. How would the 15% discount work? I didn’t receive any code from the purchase confirmation.

It's a straight 15 percent off of a purchase of a TRRS kit from ZAP. I'm new at my ecommerce platform so I didn't know exactly how to set it up. I was thinking of sending them out during shipping confirmation but if you want yours now. It's no problem. Perhaps it would be better to send an email to each person individually. I'll message you.

Excited to see the white pcbs when you get a chance to upload a pic!! Also just curious why the wait on ordering the acrylic? No idea how this operates so just genuinely curious.

Thanks again 2Moons! Hope we can keep the ship date and you're staying healthy :)

Yea no problem, I'll upload a few pics.

About the acrylic. It's a big problem because it's being used for PPE. Japan is shutdown, which means a lot of companies are not going to work. Acrylic companies in Japan are currently not supplying normal cut sheets of acrylic. So the market for acrylic has dried up and there is currently no way to purchase 3mm clear acrylic in Japan that I know of at a reasonable price . The quotes that I did get from Japanese companies were double the price of what their own website says. I did get in contact with a China supplier and got pictures of acrylic that would be suitable just in case this shutdown continues and acrylic is still unavailable. I figured a "wait and see approach" would be better for the time being. The timeline for acrylic has been like this:

• Group buy ends
  • Websites in Japan shut down orders of acrylic
  • Buy from alternative place to test acrylic
  • Alternative place to test acrylic dries up
  • Found a Chinese supplier just in case with DHL shipping

If things don't ease up soon, I'm going to pull the trigger and have some sent from China or have China do the cutting and ship. Hopefully, Japan Acrylic manufacturers will open up soon.

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 19:42:40 »
All group buyers were updated with the Zap Cables coupon code. Sorry for not sending that sooner. Hope you get a nice cable for your slice!. Cheers and stay safe everyone.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 May 2020, 20:25:39 by 2Moons »

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 19:39:44 »
Acrylic ordered from a company in Japan. White PCB up! Turned out great though I'd recommend some flux cleaner for this one.

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 22:13:55 »
Holy cow, I'm glad i ordered white.  :eek:

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 20:49:23 »
Zap Cables has temporarily discontinued international shipping. If you are outside the US or Canada and would like to use your ZAP coupon code, PM me directly.

Offline Automata-killa

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:11:17 »
Acrylic ordered from a company in Japan. White PCB up! Turned out great though I'd recommend some flux cleaner for this one.

Show Image

Show Image

The non-RGB slice still supports backslash and tilda in place of the 2U backspace key (top right corner)?

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 17:02:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

The non-RGB slice still supports backslash and tilda in place of the 2U backspace key (top right corner)?

Correct. QMK is Basekeys/Slice so feel free to check out the default options in configurator.

Also, Acrylic cutting should begin at the beginning of June.
Our amazing roll of leds came in Friday.
Not much left to go!

Offline Slaydo

• Dealing in the 3Ms > Movies - Music - Mechkeyboard
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 20:50:53 »
Can't believe I missed this. Will there be extras or will you be running another GB? I've recently reached out to to the creator of the NAKED64SF and he just got his new revision in (2 encoder knobs). Beautiful choice!

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 20:56:30 »
Can't believe I missed this. Will there be extras or will you be running another GB? I've recently reached out to to the creator of the NAKED64SF and he just got his new revision in (2 encoder knobs). Beautiful choice!

Yep there will be extras of both versions and in both colors. After I can go test again, I should have a hi-pro case available after some more testing.

Offline 10peaches

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 20:59:26 »

Yep there will be extras of both versions and in both colors. After I can go test again, I should have a hi-pro case available after some more testing.
Yass! Hi Pro case, please!

I managed to get the cables before Zap cables stop their international shipping. I think it’s gonna be weeks befor I receive the cable kits but at least it’s coming.

Offline 2Moons

Re: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards. GB Closed. Shipping
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 09:49:14 »
Slice orders are being kitted and they will be shipped out starting next week!   :)

SHIPPING: Shipping to many countries is now more expensive than initially thought, but it's taken care of. All US orders will be shipped UPS. If there is any problem shipping to your country, you'll be contacted individually. The way some orders are being shipped you may incur a customs fee, there is nothing I can do about it, and you'll need to pay it. Thanks for your understanding regarding customs fees.

Slice Hi-Pro has also finished and can be cut right away. Here are some rough pictures of the case, more to come soon. If you are interested in one, please PM me.

This has 2x 3mm acrylic pieces to tilt the case towards the user. Followed by a 3mm backplate, 3x 3mm surrounding acrylic pieces, 3mm switch plate, 2x 3mm surrounding top plates.

The highest top plate encloses the pro micro and oled to protect it from dust.

SLICE RGB USERS: Two noteworthy items. The OLED pins will need to be removed and replaced. I will have a ez mode guide on how to accomplish this with just a cutters and a soldering iron.  Also, If you decide that you do not want to use the OLED Displays, you will need to use the QMK command line to disable OLED. If you don't do this the polling rate will be incorrect causing a delayed like response. OLED is turned on by default in QMK. If you would like your Pro Micros setup before shipping, please PM me directly.

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2020, 10:18:28 by 2Moons »

Re: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards. GB Closed. Shipping
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 00:43:57 »
Slice orders are being kitted and they will be shipped out starting next week!   :)

SHIPPING: Shipping to many countries is now more expensive than initially thought, but it's taken care of. All US orders will be shipped UPS. If there is any problem shipping to your country, you'll be contacted individually. The way some orders are being shipped you may incur a customs fee, there is nothing I can do about it, and you'll need to pay it. Thanks for your understanding regarding customs fees.

Slice Hi-Pro has also finished and can be cut right away. Here are some rough pictures of the case, more to come soon. If you are interested in one, please PM me.

This has 2x 3mm acrylic pieces to tilt the case towards the user. Followed by a 3mm backplate, 3x 3mm surrounding acrylic pieces, 3mm switch plate, 2x 3mm surrounding top plates.

SLICE RGB USERS: Two noteworthy items. The OLED pins will need to be removed and replaced. I will have a ez mode guide on how to accomplish this with just a cutters and a soldering iron.  Also, If you decide that you do not want to use the OLED Displays, you will need to use the QMK command line to disable OLED. If you don't do this the polling rate will be incorrect causing a delayed like response. OLED is turned on by default in QMK. If you would like your Pro Micros setup before shipping, please PM me directly.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

any chance for the high profile case files to be released? hope to get in on extras

Offline 2Moons

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

any chance for the high profile case files to be released? hope to get in on extras
Thanks, yes I've been asked to release the plate files. There is an aluminum case in the works, so after that I'll release all files. Stay tuned.

Shipping is happening all this week, once all ship out, I'll post extras.

Sent from my A001LG using Tapatalk

Offline Automata-killa

Got a shipping notice :thumb:

Offline 2Moons

If you didn't provide a phone number and you live in the United States, I'll need one to ship your order for UPS. You'll be contacted directly. Sorry for the inconvenience. Originally I was shipping JP post and didn't need it. Thanks for your understanding.

People outside the US have had their packages shipped JP Post EMS air.

6 more packages are being prepared by the end of the week and should ship Sunday or Monday.

Sent from my A001LG using Tapatalk

Offline 2Moons

The build guide was updated with a preliminary guide on replacing OLED display pins to the low profile ones provided in the kit. I will take pictures to go along with the guide tonight or tomorrow.

https://www.basekeys.com/category/build-guides/

Also nearly all Slices have been shipped!!!! Happy building everyone! Extras will come up soon!
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 July 2020, 01:17:06 by 2Moons »

The build guide was updated with a preliminary guide on replacing OLED display pins to the low profile ones provided in the kit. I will take pictures to go along with the guide tonight or tomorrow.

Also nearly all Slices have been shipped!!!! Happy building everyone! Extras will come up soon!
    I’m ready for those extras:), I was wondering how long shipping to the US takes btw? Thank you

Offline 2Moons

I’m ready for those extras:), I was wondering how long shipping to the US takes btw? Thank you

Extras are up. Shipping to the US has been under 2 weeks. Maybe even a week depending on where you live. Everything is shipped UPS. Thanks so much for your interest.

Offline jackofclubs

Re: [GB] Slice and Slice RGB, Split Alice Keyboards. GB Closed
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 17:13:57 »
Hey! 

Got my board in, everything is great except I'm having a weird problem when I try to use the right side pro micro to hook up to my pc. Every time I flash it, it seems like it just assumes that wherever the cable is plugged into is the left side, so the keys are like mirrored, but I really need to be able to plug in using the right side. 

Any tips? (using QMK)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2020, 17:22:40 by jackofclubs »

Offline 10peaches

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 22:12:15 »
Are you going to release the file for the case? I’m reluctant to start building my kit without the case. Thanks.

Offline 2Moons

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 10:50:17 »
Are you going to release the file for the case? I’m reluctant to start building my kit without the case. Thanks.

Default for Slice and Slice RGB is MASTER_LEFT. You can change this by using the command line interface and changing to MASTER_RIGHT in the Config.

Additionally you can use EE_HANDS and flash each side individually with their respective hand. For example: default:avrdude-split-left for left and split-right for right. Then you can choose either hand you want to plug in at anytime. It will know which is which.

Not at this time, but an aluminum case is in the works. After the aluminum case, I'll be releasing the files. Cheers.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2020, 10:57:25 by 2Moons »