geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3359/3389) > >>

AdriG:
Is there any 65% soldered (bcos of ISO) pcb with knob to buy right now?

user 18:

--- Quote from: AdriG on Wed, 13 October 2021, 11:09:49 ---Is there any 65% soldered (bcos of ISO) pcb with knob to buy right now?

--- End quote ---

Off the top of my head, the Quefrency is a (split) 65% with ISO and support for a rotary encoder or two. There may be more options out there.

ShangWang:
How do you remove costar stabilizers off a mounted-plate keyboard?

This is my keyboard:
Microsoft Word - HyperX Alloy FPS keyboard user manual.docx (ssl-images-amazon.com)

Alloy FPS Pro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | HyperX (hyperxgaming.com)

Does anyone know how it should be done? I tried looking for tutorials and none of them show how to remove costars, only cherries.

ShangWang:
I messed up the links my bad:
https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/C1fnGA6NDES.pdf
https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/keyboards/alloy-fps-pro-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

Also this video shows how to remove cherry stabilizers but they are not plate mounted. Is removing plate mounted costar stabilizers the same but I would have to remove the PCB to access the backplate or do I pull the stabilizers from the top?

t=300s

user 18:

--- Quote from: ShangWang on Sat, 16 October 2021, 11:04:43 ---How do you remove costar stabilizers off a mounted-plate keyboard?

--- End quote ---

Remove the stabilized cap and surrounding caps, to give you space to work. Remove the white insert pegs which connect to the keycaps, so you just have the wire and plate-mounted clips remaining. Each of the plate-mounted parts is held in by nubs at the top and bottom of the mounting slot. The nub at the top (or side without the wire, in case your board has an upside-down stabilizer) is very small, so if you push the 'spike' at the top end towards the bottom, you should feel the clip pop out of the board. If you apply too much pressure here, it's possible to snap the mount in two, so be careful! Once both sides are popped out, you can slide back and up to remove the stabilizer. To insert new stabilizers, just do the reverse -- slide the mount in from top to bottom, so the larger bottom clip is engaged, and push the top spike in until it clips.

This video shows the general process, although they pop the bottom of the mount out, which requires a bit more bending. They also show removal of the wire, which I've found to be unnecessary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version