Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3516586 times)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #5150 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 14:49:15 »
Sorry for this noobish question but is there an in-depth guide on how to program the KBC Poker II I´m struggling to understand the manual... :-[
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5151 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 15:03:05 »
Sorry for this noobish question but is there an in-depth guide on how to program the KBC Poker II I´m struggling to understand the manual... :-[

I usually just direct people to the manual. There's no guide and I don't own a Poker II. Hopefully someone can help you out.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #5152 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 20:54:08 »
Can anyone explain what a "plate" does?

I recently bought a Poker II and was just browsing around for a replacement case for it, and saw that there were also plates sold. They look like they should be placed around the switches above everything else, but it looks like my keyboard already has a metal backplate on it (the Poker). Can anyone explain what exactly the plate does, how it's installed, and whether or not it would be compatible with a Poker II?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5153 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 21:01:46 »
1) Can anyone explain what a "plate" does?

I recently bought a Poker II and was just browsing around for a replacement case for it, and saw that there were also plates sold. They look like they should be placed around the switches above everything else, but it looks like my keyboard already has a metal backplate on it (the Poker). Can anyone explain what exactly the plate does, how it's installed, and whether or not it would be compatible with a Poker II?

(from this thread)
Metal thing is a plate, Blue underneath is the PCB. The whole thing would fit inside your case.

Your Poker II is already plate mounted.

(from here)
When you take off the keycaps, is it black/metallic looking like the top or filled with electronic circuitry like the bottom. Top means you have a plate mounted switches, bottom is PCB mounted switches.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #5154 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 21:10:25 »
Can anyone explain what a "plate" does?

Just as a small addition to CPT's answer:

The main purpose of a plate is to stabilize PCB. It could also be used for better LED effect. The use of plate changes your typing experience very much and personally I perfer typing withou plate (at least for linear switches).
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #5155 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 21:34:29 »

Show Image

(from this thread)
Metal thing is a plate, Blue underneath is the PCB. The whole thing would fit inside your case.

Show Image

(from here)
When you take off the keycaps, is it black/metallic looking like the top or filled with electronic circuitry like the bottom. Top means you have a plate mounted switches, bottom is PCB mounted switches.

Ah, thanks for the explanation! So there are keyboards that aren't plate mounted - the PCB is directly visible under the keycaps...? (Is that what PCB-mounted means? Or perhaps I'm interpreting it wrong.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5156 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 21:38:31 »
Ah, thanks for the explanation! So there are keyboards that aren't plate mounted?

Yes. There are plate and PCB mounted keyboards.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #5157 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 21:45:47 »

Show Image

(from this thread)

Show Image

(from here)

Ah, thanks for the explanation! So there are keyboards that aren't plate mounted - the PCB is directly visible under the keycaps...? (Is that what PCB-mounted means? Or perhaps I'm interpreting it wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know, 'PCB-mounted' usually refers to switches and stabilizers. There are two types of switches, PCB mounted and plate mounted. Although it does not have to be this way, by PCB mounted switches, it means those switches have five legs, and three for plate mounted switches.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5158 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 21:52:06 »
Ah, thanks for the explanation! So there are keyboards that aren't plate mounted?

And, for the sake of completeness, there is case-mounted too, where the top part of the case acts as the plate (e.g. HHKB Pro 2).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5159 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 22:00:45 »

Show Image

(from this thread)

Show Image

(from here)

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know, 'PCB-mounted' usually refers to switches and stabilizers. There are two types of switches, PCB mounted and plate mounted. Although it does not have to be this way, by PCB mounted switches, it means those switches have five legs, and three for plate mounted switches.

Plate mounted switches don't have legs and pcb have two

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #5160 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 22:05:38 »

Show Image

(from this thread)

Show Image

(from here)

Yes that's what I mean. I was taking 'legs', the metal polars and the center leg all as 'leg' lol. That's why those switches are called 3-legged switches and 5-legged swtiches in China and I'm struggling to learn the English equivalent of that.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5161 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 22:06:56 »

Show Image

(from this thread)

Show Image

(from here)

Yes that's what I mean. I was taking 'legs', the metal polars and the center leg all as 'leg' lol. That's why those switches are called 3-legged switches and 5-legged swtiches in China and I'm struggling to learn the English equivalent of that.

Haha, ok that makes sense!! I'm used to referring to just the two plastic legs PCB mount have that plate mount do not!

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #5162 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:58:41 »

And, for the sake of completeness, there is case-mounted too, where the top part of the case acts as the plate (e.g. HHKB Pro 2).

So do the different mounting types affect the difficulty of changing plates/cases for a keyboard? For example, is it possible to easily replace the plate of a plate mounted keyboard, or the case of a case mounted keyboard? (And do you know what type of mount the Poker II is? From what I could tell of reviews, I think it's PCB mounted, but I'm not sure...)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #5163 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 01:12:42 »

So do the different mounting types affect the difficulty of changing plates/cases for a keyboard? For example, is it possible to easily replace the plate of a plate mounted keyboard, or the case of a case mounted keyboard? (And do you know what type of mount the Poker II is? From what I could tell of reviews, I think it's PCB mounted, but I'm not sure...)
Certain custom plates work with certain keyboards.  Say you are building a Phantom and using a QFR or Filco case.  Plates from WFD or The_Beast's GB are compatible.  However one of GON's plates, even though it is 100% size, would not be compatible because of differences in dimensions, mounts, etc...

Most korean customs such as KMAC, LZ, GON, and others use custom playes specific to that PCB and case.

Hope this helped.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5164 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 03:34:07 »

Possibly the only case-mount board is HHKB.  And there are no replacement case tops (there are rumours of a limited edition aluminium one, but you might as well look for a complete collection of Clacks before you could find, or afford, one of those).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5165 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 05:12:10 »
And do you know what type of mount the Poker II is? From what I could tell of reviews, I think it's PCB mounted, but I'm not sure...

The Poker 2 is plate mounted as Captain already said.

Offline PhineasRex

« Reply #5166 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 10:05:22 »
Where can I buy a Ducky Shine 9087 with clears?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5167 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 10:08:57 »

Because they don't make one?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5168 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 10:11:30 »

I concur you would probably have to buy the board you want and then the switches separate and mod the board.  Clears seem to be the most rare of the common wanted switches from what I have seen
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline PhineasRex

« Reply #5169 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 21:06:45 »

They make the 108-key version with clears but not the tkl?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5170 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 21:11:09 »

Seems like this is the case.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5171 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 21:18:06 »

I've only seen the shine 2 with clears.

No new ducky models so far have clears.

Offline Arbalest

« Reply #5172 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:45:07 »
I came here looking for a comprehensive list of some sort.  The link to the list of compact keyboards is a step in that direction but it seems that many questions on this site could be answered by a big list (perhaps a WIKI) such as:

(note that this list should be of stock boards, omitting modding, DIY and kits)
(each might have a +/- vote tallys for each entry),
(some lists would do well to have a reason-for-use/pro/con preamble)

1) Common boards with Cherry MX switches
2) Common boards with Topre switches
?) Common boards with other types of mechanical switch
3) ...Full sized boards
4) ...TKL
5) ...75%
6) ...60%
7) ...25% (just kidding)
7+1 to get rid of the emoticon) list of characteristics of all common switch types (general description, pro/con)
9) Ergonomic board list (with pro/con)
10) Matrix layout boards
11) Board selection decision-tree/flow-chart
12) Boards with actual application/menu key  (my own recently posted question)
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:48:15 by Arbalest »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5173 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:48:35 »
... it seems that many questions on this site could be answered by browsing the site and reading forum posts

FTFY
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Inserity

« Reply #5174 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 11:56:24 »
Hello all. Brand new here and I have a question on getting my first mech keyboard. I didn't think it warranted a new thread so I'm posting it here. I have searched the forums but I could not find something like this.

I was trying to decide between the Max Keyboard Nighthawk and the Ducky Shine 3 and eventually concluded that I would get the Ducky. However, now that Max Keyboard has their Black Friday sale going on, I'm stuck again.

It comes down to:
Ducky Shine 3 @ $150~ or
Max Keyboard Nighthawk @ $100~

From what I understand, the pros for the Ducky are, overall better build quality, better lighting and 4 extra keys (that I could autohotkey).  And unless I'm missing something, I just don't think that's worth an extra $50.

If someone can assist me with higher knowledge and experience, that would be great. Is the Max Keyboard good at that price for my first mech?

Offline Arbalest

« Reply #5175 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:00:12 »
@jdcarpe -- Then why have a FAQ at all?

As a matter of fact, I have been browsing for days trying to get answers to similar questions, filing in my own list as I go, but I still keep coming up with gaps and contradictions.  Even the list of compact keyboards does not separate the individual sub-categories.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule for adding some snark to my suggestion.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5176 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:03:36 »
I came here looking for a comprehensive list of some sort.  The link to the list of compact keyboards is a step in that direction but it seems that many questions on this site could be answered by a big list (perhaps a WIKI) such as:

(note that this list should be of stock boards, omitting modding, DIY and kits)
(each might have a +/- vote tallys for each entry),
(some lists would do well to have a reason-for-use/pro/con preamble)

1) Common boards with Cherry MX switches
2) Common boards with Topre switches
?) Common boards with other types of mechanical switch
3) ...Full sized boards
4) ...TKL
5) ...75%
6) ...60%
7) ...25% (just kidding)
7+1 to get rid of the emoticon) list of characteristics of all common switch types (general description, pro/con)
9) Ergonomic board list (with pro/con)
10) Matrix layout boards
11) Board selection decision-tree/flow-chart
12) Boards with actual application/menu key  (my own recently posted question)

You're not the first person to suggest this but I'm not eager to make that list. It's going to take a lot time to compile. And we're not here to hand-hold.

Then why have a FAQ at all?

As a matter of fact, I have been browsing for days trying to get answers to similar questions, filing in my own list as I go, but I still keep coming up with gaps and contradictions.  Even the list of compact keyboards does not separate the individual sub-categories.

This site has been around since '07 and there wasn't an FAQ until June-ish of this year. Just something I decided to provide. I don't think a comprehensive list would help. What specific questions do you have that you think a list would solve?

Hello all. Brand new here and I have a question on getting my first mech keyboard. I didn't think it warranted a new thread so I'm posting it here. I have searched the forums but I could not find something like this.

I was trying to decide between the Max Keyboard Nighthawk and the Ducky Shine 3 and eventually concluded that I would get the Ducky. However, now that Max Keyboard has their Black Friday sale going on, I'm stuck again.

It comes down to:
Ducky Shine 3 @ $150~ or
Max Keyboard Nighthawk @ $100~

From what I understand, the pros for the Ducky are, overall better build quality, better lighting and 4 extra keys (that I could autohotkey).  And unless I'm missing something, I just don't think that's worth an extra $50.

If someone can assist me with higher knowledge and experience, that would be great. Is the Max Keyboard good at that price for my first mech?

Subjective. If you like the Max, get it. If not, get the Ducky. I wouldn't suggest the Max but I've heard very little about it. I think it's an iOne board; which seems to have very low reputation here. I'm sure others who own it will give you a better opinion.

Offline Inserity

« Reply #5177 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:16:21 »
Subjective. If you like the Max, get it. If not, get the Ducky. I wouldn't suggest the Max but I've heard very little about it. I think it's an iOne board; which seems to have very low reputation here. I'm sure others who own it will give you a better opinion.
Thanks for your input. I have heard that iOne isn't very good, but the Max Keyboards are different? This thread mentions that http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37861.0

But they don't seem anywhere near as popular as Ducky here.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5178 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:19:42 »
Thanks for your input. I have heard that iOne isn't very good, but the Max Keyboards are different? This thread mentions that http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37861.0

But they don't seem anywhere near as popular as Ducky here.

I don't own a Max or a Ducky so I don't have any firsthand experience that I could offer you unfortunately. I can't tell if the Duckys are just easier to get in the USA and that's why they're popular or if they're actually "better" than the Max for a reason. From the StarCraft streams I've seen, it seems the Max is more popular in Europe. But that's really all I got. And it seems you're right about the Max Keyboards....hm...now I'm also curious to hear someone's opinion on a Max vs a Ducky.

Offline Arbalest

« Reply #5179 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:47:55 »
You're not the first person to suggest this but I'm not eager to make that list. It's going to take a lot time to compile. And we're not here to hand-hold.

This site has been around since '07 and there wasn't an FAQ until June-ish of this year. Just something I decided to provide. I don't think a comprehensive list would help. What specific questions do you have that you think a list would solve?

1) I am offering a suggestion -- and I get it, you don't like the suggestion. I read the rules and guidelines before I posted this - and I now, making it a discussion is in conflict with that so this will be my post regarding this.

2) This is a FAQ thread already and your original post says:
             Ever wanted a thread that a lot of random info in one place? This thread could become that.

3) I am not asking for hand-holding, often FAQs are implemented to get around hand-holding.

4) I realize it is a lot of work.  I would contribute (if I knew anything) but this is why I suggested a WIKI. And yes I know that setting up a WIKI and keeping it clean is more work.

5) Re: Specific question - I don't . Earlier today I read about Topre and came here looking to see if someone had posted a list of Topre boards.  I did not find one so I searched "Topre" and there was 6 pages of results but the gem was on page 4 by user daerid.  That was behind adding a comprehensive list to the FAQ.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5180 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:53:39 »
1) I am offering a suggestion -- and I get it, you don't like the suggestion. I read the rules and guidelines before I posted this - and I now, making it a discussion is in conflict with that so this will be my post regarding this.

2) I realize it is a lot of work.  I would contribute (if I knew anything) but this is why I suggested a WIKI. And yes I know that setting up a WIKI and keeping it clean is more work.

3) Re: Specific question - I don't . Earlier today I read about Topre and came here looking to see if someone had posted a list of Topre boards.  I did not find one so I searched "Topre" and there was 6 pages of results but the gem was on page 4 by user daerid.  That was behind adding a comprehensive list to the FAQ.

1 and 2) If you'd like to discuss this further, that's fine with me. Just not here. Instead please check this thread out. And we can talk about it there.

3) The DT Wiki seems to have a nice list of what you're looking for. If you'd like to talk about that just bring it up in the thread I mentioned above. I can also add that to the OP if you think that would help others in the future.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5181 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 13:51:29 »
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule for adding some snark to my suggestion.

You're welcome!

2) This is a FAQ thread already and your original post says:
             Ever wanted a thread that a lot of random info in one place? This thread could become that.

3) I am not asking for hand-holding, often FAQs are implemented to get around hand-holding.

4) I realize it is a lot of work.  I would contribute (if I knew anything) but this is why I suggested a WIKI. And yes I know that setting up a WIKI and keeping it clean is more work.

5) Re: Specific question - I don't . Earlier today I read about Topre and came here looking to see if someone had posted a list of Topre boards.  I did not find one so I searched "Topre" and there was 6 pages of results but the gem was on page 4 by user daerid.  That was behind adding a comprehensive list to the FAQ.

It seemed like you were asking for hand-holding. You spent some time to make that list of things you would like to see a list of, but then you suggest that we make it for you, or make a wiki with that info.

If you had gone one step further, and made a new topic with that info, or even said that you were willing to do it, you wouldn't have received the responses you did. We are more than willing to help fill in the gaps, but you should go a little further than saying "I want this -- make it happen." If you are willing to do the work of setting up the list how you envision it, we can help you make it complete.

One thing you will find is that Google is your friend when it comes to searching for information here. Search Google for: [search string] site:geekhack.org

Also, Google image search can help you, as well. For instance, if you want to know if a certain keyboard has a app/menu key.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline moogle

« Reply #5182 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 21:20:11 »
how to program a kmac using mac os x?

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5184 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:06:04 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49647.028

That's for Windows though yeah? I don't actually know if the Mac process is different.

Offline moogle

« Reply #5185 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:08:40 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49647.028

That's for Windows though yeah?

yeah, that's for windows; looking for a way to do it on a mac without virtualization software, but i don't think it's possible.

Offline alosec

« Reply #5186 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:31:53 »
is the hue of the 3D clack the same as the case/caps on the realforce 87u?

Offline moogle

_
« Reply #5187 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:35:54 »
_
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 August 2017, 05:36:19 by moogle »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5188 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:52:05 »
is the hue of the 3D clack the same as the case/caps on the realforce 87u?

From josh6135

Offline alosec

« Reply #5189 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:53:14 »
darn :( dreams are crushed. do you guys know of any other clacks that are the same hue as a realforce board?

Offline Mr. C

« Reply #5190 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 22:54:07 »
Is there a "Sticky" on how to post a picture in a post?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5191 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 23:00:16 »
Just post the image URL, highlight it and click the image logo under the bold logo.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5192 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 23:00:33 »

[ img ] [/ img ]

Without the spaces.  It's standard bbcode.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5193 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 23:12:34 »
darn :( dreams are crushed. do you guys know of any other clacks that are the same hue as a realforce board?

From eth0s

One of the Whites in the bottom right? No I don't know what they're called. You can talk to eth0s though.

Code: [Select]
[img]<yourimageurlhere>[/img]

When you make a post, under the bold button, there's a little black and yellow button. Click on that.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5194 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 03:20:56 »

Maybe Depth Ghost or Milk White.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #5195 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 13:49:08 »
can egrodox use ps/2?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5196 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 14:55:29 »
can egrodox use ps/2?

Probably. Most USB keyboards can be run through a PS/2 adapter no problem.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5197 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 15:34:22 »
I have 2 questions.

First one is how likely is it for my keyboard to die after I open it up, voiding the warranty?

Second is is the non backlit keycool 84's PCB have holes for LEDs, ie does it use the same PCB as the keycool 84 with backlighting?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5198 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 15:39:25 »
I have 2 questions.

First one is how likely is it for my keyboard to die after I open it up, voiding the warranty?

Second is is the non backlit keycool 84's PCB have holes for LEDs, ie does it use the same PCB as the keycool 84 with backlighting?

1) I voided the warranty on my Filco about 6 months ago. Haven't had any issues. Dont think opening a keyboard up and voiding the warranty means its instantly going to fail.

2) Probably the same PCB. Easier/cheaper for the comapny to just use 1 PCB for both models. Poker 2 is like that. There's holes for the LEDs in the PCBs even though there's no backlit version yet.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #5199 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 15:41:04 »
Does anyone know if KBDMOD ships to the US?