geekhack Community > KotM Archive

KOTM Feedback thread

(1/20) > >>

katushkin:
Find the main nomination thread for January here -> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67831.0

Nominations are open until 00:00 GMT on the morning of the 1st of February.

Please use this thread to post your feedback to me about the Keyboard of the month process. Keep feedback/criticism/**** stirring to this thread to keep the main threads clear for nominations and voting.

As said in the main thread, this process is open to change. I have not done anything like this before, so I welcome feedback from anyone and everyone.

Evo_Spec:
i think it should be in categories since i'm very biased towards shiny lights when comparing to more plain but still nice keyboards lol

I know we probably shouldn't break it down too much so maybe we can take a vote between TKL, Fullsize, TenKey, Lit, not lit or something? cause obviously we could come up with more categories than we need.

demik:
thought this was ocn for a minute

katushkin:

--- Quote from: Evo_Spec on Wed, 17 December 2014, 20:52:32 ---i think it should be in categories since i'm very biased towards shiny lights when comparing to more plain but still nice keyboards lol

I know we probably shouldn't break it down too much so maybe we can take a vote between TKL, Fullsize, TenKey, Lit, not lit or something? cause obviously we could come up with more categories than we need.

--- End quote ---

I think we need to see the types of boards that get nominated to start with. I'm all up for categories, or dedicating specific months to specific boards, but I don't think we should do that straight away. If the only winners are Korean customs every month, then I think we will change it.

--- Quote from: demik on Wed, 17 December 2014, 20:54:58 ---thought this was ocn for a minute

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you mean by OCN, but I think that's the other forum I forget the name of. But this came out of the KOTM thread on there that people were a bit miffed with, where a two tone poker beat out a load of other much nicer boards. We will see how it goes :)

demik:
overclock.net, they also have a keyboard of the month filled with 2 toned ****ty pokers.

and honestly, all these keyboards are cookie cutter.

korean custom with <insert anything cherry here> <insert CC F row here)

topre with <insert cc, and the 8 keysets available here)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version