Author Topic: collapsible cups  (Read 1652 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
collapsible cups
« on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 19:53:26 »
they is ne gud' ?

do the silicone ones break over time ? especially in the cold ?

297490-0

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: collapsible cups
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 08:40:06 »
Tried ones made out of a different material, they're ****e. Collapse too easily, prone to leakage, difficult to clean well.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 08:56:09 »
Tried ones made out of a different material, they're ****e. Collapse too easily, prone to leakage, difficult to clean well.

When in the Boy Scouts in the 1960s I had one made of aluminum. It worked tolerably well, collapsed to a lightweight, hockey-puck-sized disc that fit in the pocket.

However, its primary use for hiking in the mountains where (and WHEN) streams were clean enough to drink from. Otherwise - why? do such things exist ....
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 16:27:55 »

When in the Boy Scouts in the 1960s I had one made of aluminum. It worked tolerably well, collapsed to a lightweight, hockey-puck-sized disc that fit in the pocket.

However, its primary use for hiking in the mountains where (and WHEN) streams were clean enough to drink from. Otherwise - why? do such things exist ....
Mine was made out steel I think. But I just don't really see the point. You can't use them to take liquid with you, it's just for scooping.... for which you can also use your hands, which don't take up extra weight or space.

A much better solution, I think, is to use a dopper bottle, which doubles as a bottle AND a drinking glass, and which doesn't leak or become grotty, unlike those collapsible cups.

Check my keyboard video reviews: