Author Topic: [IC] Timber Wolf, GB on 9/20  (Read 87607 times)

Offline Croktopus

Re: [IC] Timber Wolf, an XL "75%"
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 21:00:53 »

Right now I'm thinking around 40, with 20 as the MOQ. There's more interest than I was expecting, but it's hard to say how much interest will translate into sales, and I really don't want to go too crazy on my first GB. That being said, I will be ordering extras of everything except for one-off layouts for QA purposes, and selling extras/B-stock after all orders have been fulfilled.

The manu has sent photos of the 3rd proto and it looks good (well, colors are kind of a mixed bag, but all that info will be in my next update when i actually get them and i can say for certain), they say they fixed the only issues I had with the last one, so I'm preparing everything for the GB now, getting final quotes for pricing, etc.

Will you consider preorders separate or combined with the GB? I really want this board.

I don't think preorders really make sense for what im trying with this GB. but if you cant get in on the GB and miss the extras, I do plan on running a second round at some point if people are interested. probably not soon though, as there are a lot of other designs I want to make first

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 21:18:59 »
Makes sense on your part - like you no idea how many interests actually translate to sales and how that works with scaling with the manufacturers.  I mean I have no idea how much work goes on with the manufacturers but I’m sure it’s nothing to scoff at.  Since this is my first rodeo in buying it just makes me nervous about how strong demand can out pace supply.  Like just last Saturday summitcables weekly order sold out in a minute. 

I realize that comparison is a little different, but I believe you have created something really special and I hope I can get to be a part of it. 

Side note I’d Love to hear from you how demanding this was at the end of the day.  I’ve had ideas myself for keycaps and wonder what the perspective as a first timer - lessons learned would be after you get there. 

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 10:17:32 »
Prototype #3 update!

So, the third and final prototype is in, as well as a few color samples I requested. I have good and bad things to say.

The good is that manufacturing is on point. I'm done with all the tiny tweaks, the thread issues from the last prototype are resolved, and I have zero complaints.

But the anodization factory that my manu uses isn't doing a great job with matching to requested colors. To give you an idea, the color I requested for the prototype itself was Pantone 8481-C.

It's definitely disappointing, but I don't think it's disastrous. If you look at the color sample blocks, I ordered a different shade for blue grey and it turned out blue grey-ish (still more blue than I'd like, but not too bad, and I'll talk to the factory about making it more grey).

My question for you guys is to do with the shade of purple. As you can see in the second image, there are two shades of purple that I've requested, but I want to leave it up to you guys, since purple's inclusion is based on the results of the IC. Let me know if you prefer the violet (darker shade that was done on the bottom case of the previous prototype) or the magenta (brighter shade that was done on an aluminum block) https://www.strawpoll.me/18585707

That being said, I think this GB is going to have to have a huge disclaimer that colors may not be what we're expecting, to the point where I might not even include any color samples in the GB page. I'm not happy about it, but I mean...perfect colors were never the focus of this project.

Also included a shot of the engraving of the variant designation (each layout gets their own, such as TBR-A or TBR-B, etc.) - it's on the inside of the top case, so pretty well hidden, but I like knowing that it's there.

As far as what's next, I'm waiting for a final quote from the manu, to see exactly what the price premium will be for custom layouts.

225654-0          225656-1

225658-2          225660-3

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 11:03:25 »
Prototype #3 update!

So, the third and final prototype is in, as well as a few color samples I requested. I have good and bad things to say.

The good is that manufacturing is on point. I'm done with all the tiny tweaks, the thread issues from the last prototype are resolved, and I have zero complaints.

But the anodization factory that my manu uses isn't doing a great job with matching to requested colors. To give you an idea, the color I requested for the prototype itself was Pantone 8481-C.

It's definitely disappointing, but I don't think it's disastrous. If you look at the color sample blocks, I ordered a different shade for blue grey and it turned out blue grey-ish (still more blue than I'd like, but not too bad, and I'll talk to the factory about making it more grey).

My question for you guys is to do with the shade of purple. As you can see in the second image, there are two shades of purple that I've requested, but I want to leave it up to you guys, since purple's inclusion is based on the results of the IC. Let me know if you prefer the violet (darker shade that was done on the bottom case of the previous prototype) or the magenta (brighter shade that was done on an aluminum block) https://www.strawpoll.me/18585707

That being said, I think this GB is going to have to have a huge disclaimer that colors may not be what we're expecting, to the point where I might not even include any color samples in the GB page. I'm not happy about it, but I mean...perfect colors were never the focus of this project.

Also included a shot of the engraving of the variant designation (each layout gets their own, such as TBR-A or TBR-B, etc.) - it's on the inside of the top case, so pretty well hidden, but I like knowing that it's there.

As far as what's next, I'm waiting for a final quote from the manu, to see exactly what the price premium will be for custom layouts.

Sweet Sweet Updates. Voted on the poll, back-of-the-keeb/darker-shade/violet all the way. I'm not too hung about the colors though. Layout + build has always been king to me.
Can't wait for the GB. Do you have a est time for when the manu gets back to you and when the GB may potentially begin?

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 11:13:00 »
Sweet Sweet Updates. Voted on the poll, back-of-the-keeb/darker-shade/violet all the way. I'm not too hung about the colors though. Layout + build has always been king to me.
Can't wait for the GB. Do you have a est time for when the manu gets back to you and when the GB may potentially begin?

Just sent an email nagging them this morning lol, so hopefully soon.

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 11:26:34 »
Thanks for the update!  This made my day.  As per the colors, I always wanted a white keyboard, so settling with silver.  Would certainly pay more to get a white one though. 

As per the purples I feel like the first one is closer to the blue, so I'd say go with the second.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 11:32:32 »
When I first saw this board, I thought "pssshhhh this is ridiculous". I keep coming back to it and thinking "this is ridiculous!".

So long as the price is right, I'm in.

I'd also love to see/hear more about the pcb. You must have done some serious design work supporting all these layouts. Kudos!
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 03:17:49 »
I'd also love to see/hear more about the pcb. You must have done some serious design work supporting all these layouts. Kudos!

Yeah most of the pcb design time was for supporting layouts - allowing for as many as possible without making it hell to build. im pretty satisfied with where i am, where there are only a few keys that are may require straightening (and im ordering a prototype pcb to try to reduce that possibility as well). like, it looks like the most swiss cheese pcb ever, but ive spent a lot of time trying to reduce the negative effects of that

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 04:11:32 »
Yeah most of the pcb design time was for supporting layouts - allowing for as many as possible without making it hell to build. im pretty satisfied with where i am, where there are only a few keys that are may require straightening (and im ordering a prototype pcb to try to reduce that possibility as well). like, it looks like the most swiss cheese pcb ever, but ive spent a lot of time trying to reduce the negative effects of that

Are there disadvantages to a swiss cheese pcb?

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 04:46:55 »
Are there disadvantages to a swiss cheese pcb?

the two big downsides are aesthetics (i like a nice looking pcb, but id never compromise functionality for the sake of aesthetics on a part that isnt even seen when fully assembled), and losing holes for pcb mount switch pins. this is the big disadvantage imo, but like i said, im working to minimize the effects of this. in my testing, ive found that as long as you have one pcb mounting pin hole, the switch doesnt need straightening, but there are a few places where both are compromised (backspace, left shift, certain spacebar positions). i am ordering a pcb to test hole geometries to try to keep switches straight in those positions, as well.

theoretically, swiss cheese can also effect flex (not noticeable imo, and i didnt notice any weirdness when i was doing my flex analysis in fusion) and i can tell you that it makes routing more difficult, but that just makes my life harder.

i might be forgetting something but i dont think so

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 08:27:02 »
Will we be able to order extra PCBs?   

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 10:54:27 »

Would love to see a picture when the protos come in, for no other reason than to marvel at how you manage to pull it off.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 12:14:22 »
Will we be able to order extra PCBs?   

extra pcbs and top cases will be available in the GB, yeah. afterwards too, probably

Would love to see a picture when the protos come in, for no other reason than to marvel at how you manage to pull it off.

not the final design, but this is a shot of the right side, which is where all the interesting stuff happens. hardest part to design was stuff you dont see though - decisions of what not to include, and such.

225803-0

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 12:41:03 »

not the final design, but this is a shot of the right side, which is where all the interesting stuff happens. hardest part to design was stuff you dont see though - decisions of what not to include, and such.

Not final design?  I'm both sadened by the prospects of more changes (and possible waiting) but am also happy you seem to be planning for a lot of things with this.  Having looked at a few friend's PCB's this looks like it'll be a lot of fun to build with!

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #164 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 12:51:19 »
Not final design?  I'm both sadened by the prospects of more changes (and possible waiting) but am also happy you seem to be planning for a lot of things with this.  Having looked at a few friend's PCB's this looks like it'll be a lot of fun to build with!

no worries, waiting for the pcb isnt a factor. dont tell anyone but im writing up a post about the GB timeline where it starts in two weeks ;)

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:05:09 »

no worries, waiting for the pcb isnt a factor. dont tell anyone but im writing up a post about the GB timeline where it starts in two weeks ;)

Thanks for the fast responses.  You've been really on top of things for everyone here with questions.
I'll be sure to be quiet.

Side question that I'm just curious about - does the manufacturer limit the amount of colors you can choose?  My assumption is it makes it easier to run a GB when you do a limited amount of colors so you don't get a bunch of people upset over a purple not being 'purple enough'.   

Keep up the good work.  Hope I can luck into landing one.

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:24:51 »
Side question that I'm just curious about - does the manufacturer limit the amount of colors you can choose?  My assumption is it makes it easier to run a GB when you do a limited amount of colors so you don't get a bunch of people upset over a purple not being 'purple enough'.   

Keep up the good work.  Hope I can luck into landing one.

manu just charges extra for more colors, and its not a whole lot. main thing limiting color choice is that a) more colors means even more combinations to worry about and even less ability to order extras of everything for QA purposes, and b) x factors like you said. fwiw, future boards that i run will be a lot more limited in options in pretty much every way (including color), but i had a vision for this super customizable board, and its possible, so i guess im gonna do it lol

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #167 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 14:14:29 »
Makes perfect sense.  I guess only thing for me is I'd want to know how they paint it (I guess there are different ways?) so if I decide I want a different color I know what to tell the guys at the local powder coating place how to properly strip it.   Last time I took them my computer case, they were annoyed I didn't know how it was powder coated before, and had issues removing the old paint.

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 15:29:00 »
Makes perfect sense.  I guess only thing for me is I'd want to know how they paint it (I guess there are different ways?) so if I decide I want a different color I know what to tell the guys at the local powder coating place how to properly strip it.   Last time I took them my computer case, they were annoyed I didn't know how it was powder coated before, and had issues removing the old paint.

It's anodized, the color comes from a dye they use in the anodization process. i believe type 2 anodization in particular

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 18:41:08 »
Lol but why? I would be surprised if you find more than 5 people who want to get onboard with this. You seriously don’t use the enter button next to the alphas? You go all the way to numpad enter? Once again, why?

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 19:15:31 »
Lol but why? I would be surprised if you find more than 5 people who want to get onboard with this. You seriously don’t use the enter button next to the alphas? You go all the way to numpad enter? Once again, why?

I mean, it uses the 2u numpad keys, but if I decide to go with those I personally won't use it for enter or adding.

Offline Starius

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 20:03:57 »

I mean, it uses the 2u numpad keys, but if I decide to go with those I personally won't use it for enter or adding.

Yeah, they can be whatever you want them to be with QMK. 
I'm thinking they might also be nice spots for 2U artisan keycaps I don't often get a chance to use. 

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 21:11:48 »

Wow man.  Way to **** on someone's hard working project.  Last thing I checked new things are nice and different.  Why have every keeb be the same?  Your comment really adds nothing extra to the conversation. 

Offline rondg

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 21:17:35 »

It's all about preference. It might not make sense to you, but it does make sense to me. I actually use the enter key on the numpad when using a 104-key full layout board. It's just how I do things.

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 21:47:29 »

It's anodized, the color comes from a dye they use in the anodization process. i believe type 2 anodization in particular

Thanks for the quick response.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 00:09:31 »

do my eyes deceive me?

Offline rondg

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 00:15:21 »

How long will the GB run? There are too many good GB's running and my wallet can't keep up :(

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 03:37:09 »

basically, it's for your right thumb to hit when it's on the mouse. I've talked about this at length elsewhere in the thread. People who aren't into that can choose a different layout, or just use 2 1u keys there. I do still think it's a bit of a niche board at the end of the day, but I think the community's large enough for niche products. I'm certainly prepared to be wrong though :)

Offline Croktopus

[IC] Timber Wolf, GB on 9/20
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 04:25:02 »
Group Buy Timeline & Pricing

The GB launches on 9/20 at 8PM PST. It will run for one week, or until we reach 40 units. I have no idea which will happen first. Gonna set an MOQ of 25, though.

A full kit with the TBR-Prime layout will go for $365 + PP fees and shipping. Full kits with TBR-A and TBR-B layouts will run for $390. If you instead choose to get a custom layout (choosing a specific left side, top row, and right side), that will be $465. You will also be able to order extra PCBs and top cases - PCBs will be an extra $60, for the top case it will be $150 for the Prime, $175 for the A or B, and $250 for a custom.

I've already had prototypes made for the TBR-A (top) and TBR-B (bottom) layouts, but before we launch the GB, I wanted to do kind of a second IC, so that I can nail down what exact configurations would best suit most people. It's just 4 questions, multiple choice, should only take a minute. If you just want the TBR-Prime layout, that's locked in so you don't need to worry about filling this out.

IC Form 2
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2019, 04:28:20 by Croktopus »

Offline lush_bunny

Re: [IC] Timber Wolf, GB on 9/20
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 04:49:22 »
Group Buy Timeline & Pricing

The GB launches on 9/20 at 8PM PST. It will run for one week, or until we reach 40 units. I have no idea which will happen first. Gonna set an MOQ of 25, though.

A full kit with the TBR-Prime layout will go for $365 + PP fees and shipping. Full kits with TBR-A and TBR-B layouts will run for $390. If you instead choose to get a custom layout (choosing a specific left side, top row, and right side), that will be $465. You will also be able to order extra PCBs and top cases - PCBs will be an extra $60, for the top case it will be $150 for the Prime, $175 for the A or B, and $250 for a custom.

I've already had prototypes made for the TBR-A (top) and TBR-B (bottom) layouts, but before we launch the GB, I wanted to do kind of a second IC, so that I can nail down what exact configurations would best suit most people. It's just 4 questions, multiple choice, should only take a minute. If you just want the TBR-Prime layout, that's locked in so you don't need to worry about filling this out.

IC Form 2

Best news I’ve had all day. IC Form 2 filled, I want that TBR-B! Have you finalized the color options the GB will have? Thanks!

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 04:53:11 »
Best news I’ve had all day. IC Form 2 filled, I want that TBR-B! Have you finalized the color options the GB will have? Thanks!

colors will be: dark gray, blue gray, rose gold, violet, red, and silver

Offline rondg

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 05:22:11 »

Do we have a blue gray sample?

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 06:08:04 »

Do we have a blue gray sample?

yes and no. there are pictures of it in a post i made near the top of this page (it's the aluminum block next to the keeb), but im working with the factory to change it to something more gray. im pretty pessimistic about my factory's ability to color match, and im gonna be making that super clear in the GB, but i'll be doing my best to get it as close to my desired colors as possible

Offline EvaoftheIvy

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 11:08:14 »
*Checks wallet*

*Chuckles*

I'm in danger
Spent so much on other parts this past month hopefully I can afford to buy this or if you eventually do a round 2 lol

Offline vilagefool

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 13:10:40 »
*Checks wallet*

*Chuckles*

I'm in danger
Spent so much on other parts this past month hopefully I can afford to buy this or if you eventually do a round 2 lol

You've got ~13 days, donate blood/plasma, switch to a ramen only diet, dig really deep into the couch, cagefight on Solaris 7?   

I don't think this will have any issues hitting MOQ. Though, any word on estimated delivery dates? Would be pretty slick to have it around the time MW5 releases (assuming it does on time).

Offline iridescent22

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 13:15:07 »
I very much think that tbr-a right side #2 should have long shift instead of that menu key. I voted for #1 because I don't like that menu key. If it was longer shift would've instantly voted #2. (TBF this is pretty specific request on an already specific board so I think #1 may just be the better choice but I wanted to mention anyways.)

Offline goddream

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 20:51:38 »
TBR-B with the TC-V3 style cluster is sooooo clean, think that will be what I go for!

It's funny/terrible because Duck will be doing TC-V3 extras very soon so I might have to decide which one to go if I'm able to get both :(
Rei XT-60 | Endash | KHDD | Jinsoul | Tengu | PC Dolphin | Nunu | Hyphen | Mc65 | Unikorn | Dahyun | CARDBORD

Offline Starius

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 21:13:02 »
I just went in on a BOCC.... but I need this Bad Wolf too... so... let the pain begin! 

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #188 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 21:24:58 »
Deciding on what layout to get is the hardest.  I may wind up getting two  :thumb:.   

Offline YellowHalo

• See You Starside
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 22:24:25 »
I am sad that most of the ic I follow decided to have their group buy in September. Wanted to get either BOCC or this but unfortunately I am a broke university student. (Also spent on 9009) Was hoping for an october or november gb, well I hope the Primus takes its time so I would hopefully have money by then.

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 23:51:31 »
*Checks wallet*

*Chuckles*

I'm in danger

You've got ~13 days, donate blood/plasma, switch to a ramen only diet, dig really deep into the couch, cagefight on Solaris 7?   

I don't think this will have any issues hitting MOQ. Though, any word on estimated delivery dates? Would be pretty slick to have it around the time MW5 releases (assuming it does on time).

Based on my manu's estimated, id say about 2-3 months, but im sure there will be complications, so i think 4-5 at least to be "safe". I'll have something more specific in the GB thread

I very much think that tbr-a right side #2 should have long shift instead of that menu key. I voted for #1 because I don't like that menu key. If it was longer shift would've instantly voted #2. (TBF this is pretty specific request on an already specific board so I think #1 may just be the better choice but I wanted to mention anyways.)

Yeah, pcb supports 2.75u shift there so no worries. if you want ill pretend you voted #2 lol

Deciding on what layout to get is the hardest.  I may wind up getting two  :thumb:.   

haha i think ill get a few more than 2 ;) part of the design is that it's easy to change between top pieces too, so you can change depending on if a layout is better for certain workflows, or in my case, just use the -A day to day and throw the -Prime on when you want it to look naise

Offline iridescent22

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 00:21:04 »

Yeah, pcb supports 2.75u shift there so no worries. if you want ill pretend you voted #2 lol

Oops! I didn't think that would be possible. Yeah definitely put me down for 2, thanks!

Offline SunsOut

« Reply #192 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 01:59:34 »
How would the typing experience differ from a keyboard with a plate? I'm looking to buy my first custom board and I really like this, but from my understanding a plate offers rigidity and weight. Does a plate offer anything else?

Is typing on a flexible keyboard as satisfying? What are the acoustics like?

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #193 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 02:50:28 »
How would the typing experience differ from a keyboard with a plate? I'm looking to buy my first custom board and I really like this, but from my understanding a plate offers rigidity and weight. Does a plate offer anything else?

a plate will generally make the keyboard more rigid, yes. weight is kind of a non factor though. whether you prefer flex or not is personal preference - i like it, as its almost like a bit of shock absorption, but it still is a nice solid clean bottom out unlike the kind you get on silenced switches. i also like it acoustically, as i think plates can kind of muck up the sound, but again thats a preference thing

there are some more cut-and-dry downsides to plateless though. id say its a little bit harder to design and build on average, and it limits switch choice to only pcb-mount switches (so no alps, holy panda, kailh box, etc).

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #194 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 03:20:58 »

a plate will generally make the keyboard more rigid, yes. weight is kind of a non factor though. whether you prefer flex or not is personal preference - i like it, as its almost like a bit of shock absorption, but it still is a nice solid clean bottom out unlike the kind you get on silenced switches. i also like it acoustically, as i think plates can kind of muck up the sound, but again thats a preference thing

there are some more cut-and-dry downsides to plateless though. id say its a little bit harder to design and build on average, and it limits switch choice to only pcb-mount switches (so no alps, holy panda, kailh box, etc).

Speaking of acoustics, how do unlubed clicky switches (I’m thinking Box Navies) sound on this board? For obvious reasons, the Timber Wolf will be my home board and I want it to be as irreverently noisy and obnoxiously loud as possible when I type.

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #195 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 06:37:21 »

Speaking of acoustics, how do unlubed clicky switches (I’m thinking Box Navies) sound on this board? For obvious reasons, the Timber Wolf will be my home board and I want it to be as irreverently noisy and obnoxiously loud as possible when I type.

tbh i dont think clickies are your best bet on this board. it doesnt support alps or box switches (the two best clicky types ive tried), so you'd be stuck with either mx blue-style switches, or frankenstotles. the latter ive heard good things about, but havent tried.

still, i do think blues get a bad rap (i mean i hate the click jacket noise & rattle, but the tactility is better than i remembered when i tried a new batch recently) so maybe you could make that work, but in general i wouldnt say this keeb is built for clickies, since i do think clicky switches benefit from a plate

you could still make it work, but id recommend focusing on keycaps for that. pbt mt3 in particular sounds amazing with clickies imo, its like black magic

Offline Owl-

« Reply #196 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 06:54:40 »
quick Q to make sure. Does the pcb support split right shift alongside split backspace for the prime option?

edit:
realised no plate
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 September 2019, 06:58:36 by Owl- »

Offline Croktopus

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 07:29:05 »
quick Q to make sure. Does the pcb support split right shift alongside split backspace for the prime option?

edit:
realised no plate

so yeah, it supports both

Offline Owl-

« Reply #198 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 07:57:03 »
so yeah, it supports both

thanks for confirming! two more Qs:

-Do you have a full photo of a built prototype without the keycaps on? would be great to see.

-What is the colour on right? I am assuming the left is the smoke grey? The one on the right has this really nice deep green blueish hue, leaning more on the deep green end.
226047-0

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 08:00:34 »

I don't think this will have any issues hitting MOQ. Though, any word on estimated delivery dates?

Based on my manu's estimated, id say about 2-3 months, but im sure there will be complications, so i think 4-5 at least to be "safe". I'll have something more specific in the GB thread

Yeah we don’t have all the information you have but I can imagine this manufacturer is overseas.  If in China I could easily understand delays if a new round of tariffs went in.  Heck sometimes clearing customs can delay items quite a while.