Author Topic: [IC] GMK Moomin  (Read 170852 times)

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
Re: [IC] GMK Moomin | Updated 3/13/21
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 15:36:21 »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to report in and let you all know we had to get one revised color sample but 3 out of 4 colors were approved! Once the final sample is approved we will be receiving a set to show and then we can proceed to GB. At the moment we're expecting the ETA of GB start to be mid-2021.

Offline Carcha

Re: [IC] GMK Moomin
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 15:58:38 »
Great news. Still looking forward to this <3

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 18:57:17 »
I'm pretty sure there are two mistakes in the Norde kit. Shouldn't the <> key have a | character as an alternative legend? And shouldn't the |; key be ,; instead?

EDIT: Super excited for this though! Wouldn't be nitpicking otherwise, haha!!

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
Re: [IC] GMK Moomin | Updated 3/13/21
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 19:18:28 »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to report in and let you all know we had to get one revised color sample but 3 out of 4 colors were approved! Once the final sample is approved we will be receiving a set to show and then we can proceed to GB. At the moment we're expecting the ETA of GB start to be mid-2021.

AWW YIS!

Offline MichelKami

« Reply #204 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 22:09:55 »
Just found this post, perfect color scheme imo. Definitely hopping in on this lol. Nice job brodie

Offline kconfire

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 00:35:10 »
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to this set.
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline chaoticgood

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 20:01:20 »
TAKE MY MONEY

Offline Aznakh

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 07:44:53 »
I'm pretty sure there are two mistakes in the Norde kit. Shouldn't the <> key have a | character as an alternative legend? And shouldn't the |; key be ,; instead?

For Scandinavian keyboards there's no sub-legend on the <> key, but I think you might be right about the German layout? I also agree that the comma looks a little weird, should probably be the same icon as in the semi-colon.

I also noticed there is no \`´-key for the Norwegian (and possibly other Scandinavian??) layout.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 09:27:06 »

For Scandinavian keyboards there's no sub-legend on the <> key, but I think you might be right about the German layout? I also agree that the comma looks a little weird, should probably be the same icon as in the semi-colon.

I also noticed there is no \`´-key for the Norwegian (and possibly other Scandinavian??) layout.

Ah I was actually looking to do a Swedish layout. Which I believe is this (I don't actually speak Swedish, I just love learning about the different language layouts for keyboards).

Offline andtar2

« Reply #209 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 15:21:52 »
Found some more issues in NorDeUk-kit/ Base (included also these mentioned in comments above):

1. R3 "~ #"-key in Base, is an UK-key, move it to NorDeUk, and add instead an R3 "|\"-key to Base for US-ISO
2. R4 "|\"-key in Base could be moved to NorDeUk and replaced with R4 "> <"-key from NorDeUk (I think its a common request to enable some variant of US-ISO layout and dont have duplicate "| \" keys in base).
3. R1 "` ´ |"-key for DK-layout is missing in NorDeUk
4. R1 "` \ ´"-key for NO-layout is missing in NorDeUk (as already mentioned above)
5. R4 "> < \"-key for DK-layout is missing in NorDeUk
6. R4 "> < |"-key for DE/FI/SE-layout is missing in NorDeUk (as already mentioned above)
7. R4 "; ,"-key in NorDeUk looks strange in the render or has wrong character?  (as already mentioned above)

Offline tomber

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 12:51:27 »
In theory there should be a 5 key without the € for Norwegian - but this is not a flaw exclusive to this set. € on 5 works in windows, but is as far as I know not a part of the standard for the no layout. The "misstake" is thus fairly forgiveable. Only AltGr+E produces € on Linux.

E: oversight on my part there is a 5 % key in the basekit!
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 March 2021, 15:46:46 by tomber »

Offline Ciantha

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 15:29:42 »
The micro kit seems to be missing a few essential keys.

For staggered 40s the three most important keys are: R2 1.75 backspace, R3 1.25 tab and R3 1.5 enter.
These are the three most important ones since they enable support for many boards and the keys cannot be replaced with another key with the right size and profile.
For the 1.75 enter one could use a control/caps lock instead and that's why it's not considered as essential.

I would like to ask you to consider changing the micro kit to have better support. For examples of really good 40s kits both GMK Wise Wolf and GMK Seafarer have great kits. For more hands on help with 40s there's a dedicated channel in  the keycap designers' discord where several knowledgeable people can answer questions.

Offline andtar2

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 15:45:40 »
In theory there should be a 5 key without the € for Norwegian - but this is not a flaw exclusive to this set. € on 5 works in windows, but is as far as I know not a part of the standard for the no layout. The "misstake" is thus fairly forgiveable. Only AltGr+E produces € on Linux.

There is "5 %" without € in the base kit :)

Offline tomber

« Reply #213 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 15:45:12 »

There is "5 %" without € in the base kit :)
Oh look at that! Huge oversight on my end 😅

Offline Reindeer

« Reply #214 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 21:44:58 »
I like the accent colours and the nov space bars!

Offline Gnome

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 09:19:58 »
Fantastic. I really like the colors, although not crazy about the marzipan personally.
Only gripe about this set is that there's no f13 in base, I feel like it should be included because its already a big basekit.
The character deskmat is one of the best deskmats ive seen.

Looking foward to groupbuy!  :thumb:

Offline PancakeGoon

• *•° tape hiss *•~
    • goonf!sh.beets~
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 02:06:46 »
So incredibly interested in this, as all through my childhood in the early 90's, I used to read this huge Moomin stories & comic strip collection book that my Norwegian grandmother gave to me and my brother as kids. Over and over I would read the almost drowsily benign life of Moomin, and always loved how wholesome but gullible him and the whole village were. I loved the art style and how different it was from literally anything else I'd ever seen before. How crazy the art and color fill was done, and the overall style felt remeniscient of the old, high contrast Japanese cartoon symbolic art. I still even remember the speech bubbles were unique looking, where they never completely closed. They just swirled out in a little wavy line... I used to love that.

...except My. She's a little scumbag who can rot at the bottom of a well.

So yeah, I cannot explain the shudders of nostalgia I felt as soon as I saw a sig banner for this IC, and literally couldn't click fast enough. Insta subbed to thread.

Offline Steve Laroo

« Reply #217 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 08:11:37 »
Eagerly awaiting the GB, just checking in to see what the odds are that we could get some 12.75u support for the 40s kit, an extra R2 1.75 and R3 1.5 (force accents on the nonbelievers) would be awesome!

Offline w9gfo

« Reply #218 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 19:11:41 »
<3 moomins, the deskmats are amazing, count me in

Offline Dellinav

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 21:18:55 »
12.75u

I see you're creating a weapon of champions ;D

Offline Madzuka

• 메즈카
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 14:39:00 »
I’m depressed this won’t be compatible with the Whimsy :o( either way I’m still very excited for this set, I’ve had my eyes on this since it was announced!
Q2hyeXNhbnRoZW11bQ

Offline Bonobo

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 15:25:31 »
Great looking set, looking forward for it, awesome deskmats, I love it!

Offline sipp11

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 09:19:09 »
How come does little my not make it to novelties set?

Offline StingrayShuffle

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 14:26:46 »
OMG it's happening!

Offline CaptainCrunch

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 05:01:16 »
So excited for this! Any chance of a UK vendor?

Offline andtar2

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 13:28:10 »
OMG it's happening!

Is it? There been no reply from OP for 4 months now.
There are still unanswered issues with base and norde-kit

Offline StingrayShuffle

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 13:39:54 »
July 18th is the date!

Offline Jojjelito

« Reply #227 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 20:46:54 »
It looked like the GB is on, at least when I checked at Mykeyboard.eu

Wouldn’t it be prudent of OP to make a GB thread, or is my search-fu totally lacking?

Offline Madzuka

• 메즈카
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 02:26:23 »

Wouldn’t it be prudent of OP to make a GB thread, or is my search-fu totally lacking?

Yeah, I thought it was strange that there was no GB date added to the thread. Since it’s a licensed set too, I would think they’d do more promo/announcements for it. Luckily someone commented the date, but if I hadn’t of joined their discord I prob would of still been waiting :'(
Q2hyeXNhbnRoZW11bQ

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #229 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 13:28:08 »

Yeah, I thought it was strange that there was no GB date added to the thread. Since it’s a licensed set too, I would think they’d do more promo/announcements for it. Luckily someone commented the date, but if I hadn’t of joined their discord I prob would of still been waiting :'(

A little unfortunate for such a great set. At this point mostly it will be people who have been following this set closely who will join the groupbuy. I also don't recall getting an announcement email from cannonkeys about the gb.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 13:54:35 »

A little unfortunate for such a great set. At this point mostly it will be people who have been following this set closely who will join the groupbuy. I also don't recall getting an announcement email from cannonkeys about the gb.

CannonKeys has sent a couple announcement emails about this GB. OP was forced off GeekHack after receiving a ton of harassment over his Peaches N Cream colors. OP mainly uses Reddit and discord to post any announcements or updates on his sets. I do not believe he will be returning to Geekhack in the future.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #231 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 14:04:06 »

CannonKeys has sent a couple announcement emails about this GB. OP was forced off GeekHack after receiving a ton of harassment over his Peaches N Cream colors. OP mainly uses Reddit and discord to post any announcements or updates on his sets. I do not believe he will be returning to Geekhack in the future.

That's sad to hear about the harassment here on GH, thanks for the insight.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 16:58:30 »
Posting his update from Reddit that he just posted right now:

Hey everyone!

GMK Moomin has been in the works since 2019, it has been a long road getting everything finally brought together. This set is full licensed with Moomins!

For the uninitiated, The Moomin series of written works and television shows are about the Moomin family of trolls who live in Moominvalley. Throughout the series, the main character Moomintroll goes on several adventures with his friends. The set consists of a collection of custom soft colors, chosen to best represent Moominvalley and the characters that inhabit it.

All MOQs have been met and all kits will be made!

Groupbuy will run (July 18th - August 18th) The expected ship date is Q3 2022

Vendors

* US: Cannonkeys
* EU: MyKeyboard
* UK: Prototypist
* Oceania: DailyClack
* Canada: Deskhero
* Korea: Swagkeys
* SEA: iLumkb
* Japan: Yushakobo
* Norway: Mekanisk

Links

* For Kits click here
* For Color Samples click here
* For Renders click here
* For Deskmats click here
* For updates, you can join my Discord: click here

Prices

* Base - $149.99
* Novelties - $64.99
* Accent - $24.99
* Micro - $34.99
* Norde - $59.99
* Deskmats - $19.99

Offline dvllpxe

« Reply #233 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 00:05:24 »
are there going to be more collabs for this set like some artisans and such?

Offline neikels

• nice to meet you
« Reply #234 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:46:38 »
Do the deskmats have a microfiber top?

Offline LexProf

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 21:52:57 »
Huge bummer that this is still in the GMK queue. It's been a year, and the color matching was done before the GB. So what gives?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 31 August 2022, 21:55:11 »
Huge bummer that this is still in the GMK queue. It's been a year, and the color matching was done before the GB. So what gives?

you said it yourself. there's a queue
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 24 September 2022, 15:26:51 »
Retracted
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 September 2022, 15:29:23 by WHeisenberg »

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 20:48:08 »
So 'sykd!

Offline MMJ1999

« Reply #239 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 03:39:29 »
So cute !!

Offline ndom91

• ndo.dev
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 12:31:27 »
Has anyone received theirs yet? If anyone has an extra "Moomin and Friends" Deskmat (https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/moomin-and-friends-deskmat_4414/) available - I'd be happy to pay a bit extra + shipping, etc. to Germany!

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 13:29:14 »
Has anyone received theirs yet? If anyone has an extra "Moomin and Friends" Deskmat (https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/moomin-and-friends-deskmat_4414/) available - I'd be happy to pay a bit extra + shipping, etc. to Germany!
Try https://www.deskhero.ca/products/deskmat-gmk-moomin-extras?variant=39416407359554

Offline ndom91

• ndo.dev
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 15:47:58 »
Try https://www.deskhero.ca/products/deskmat-gmk-moomin-extras?variant=39416407359554

Ah thanks! Hadn't checked deskhero, looks like they're "out of stock" as well though.

I have a feeling that the GB just hasn't been shipped yet. They regional vendors all will probably have some extras in stock once the GB starts shipping, right? Or do deskmats generally work differently, as far as you know?

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 25 October 2022, 16:23:56 »

Ah thanks! Hadn't checked deskhero, looks like they're "out of stock" as well though.

I have a feeling that the GB just hasn't been shipped yet. They regional vendors all will probably have some extras in stock once the GB starts shipping, right? Or do deskmats generally work differently, as far as you know?

It shows as in-stock on my end.

The GMK portion of the GB hasn't been shipped - but deskmats generally fulfill much faster than keycaps, so they have their own shipping schedules (hence why most vendors won't let you order deskmats+keycaps together). Vendors may have some extras later on, but you would have to ask each one to see.