Author Topic: [IC] Duck Raven / Sidewinder GB  (Read 11855 times)

Offline elton5354

[IC] Duck Raven / Sidewinder GB
« on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 14:04:07 »
Checking interests for the previous Duck Raven and Sidewinder group buy.

Raven and Sidewinder is a one piece tray design. It supports MX and ALPS.

Price: $260
Plate: SUS, Aluminum(+$10), Plastic and ALPS(SUS)
Colours: Silver or Grey

These are leftovers from the kits with limited units and these won't be produced again.
There are some Vipers and Eagles left from my previous group buy as well, but in very limited numbers. You can order it with the Raven or Sidewinder only.

Shipping will be around 1-2 months timeframe.

Sidewinder pictures
http://kbd4u.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=78&cate_no=48&display_group=1

Raven pictures
http://kbd4u.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=79&cate_no=48&display_group=1

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 September 2020, 14:07:24 by elton5354 »

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
Re: [IC] Duck Raven / Sidewinder GB
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 14:24:10 »
Hope I’ll be fast enough
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline FZ

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 18:36:00 »
Interested in the Raven as an Alps board.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 18:53:24 »
Checking interests for the previous Duck Raven and Sidewinder group buy.

Raven and Sidewinder is a one piece tray design. It supports MX and ALPS.

Price: $260
Plate: SUS, Aluminum(+$10), Plastic and ALPS(SUS)
Colours: Silver or Grey

These are leftovers from the kits with limited units and these won't be produced again.
There are some Vipers and Eagles left from my previous group buy as well, but in very limited numbers. You can order it with the Raven or Sidewinder only.

I'd definitely be interested a Sidewinder as I already have a Raven, although I'd be even more interested in a Eagle TBH. So let me get this right about the Eagle & Viper extras. You won't be able to buy the extras of them unless you also buy a Raven or Sidewinder?

Interested in the Raven as an Alps board.

Can confirm it makes for a very nice 60% ALPS board as I have a Raven with the steel ALPS plate, plus linearized orange ALPS in it right now & absolutely love it! Would like to try a POM plate for ALPS though sometime sooner than later.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 September 2020, 18:54:55 by Rob27shred »

Offline rempire

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 20:42:47 »
which pcb will the raven/sidewinder be using this time around?

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 17:20:24 »
Interested in a grey Sidewinder ALPS!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 19:09:33 »
I’d love to try an alps build in the sidewinder.  Any chance we could get someone to design an alps plate with MX stabilizer cutouts?  I have 3 sets of modern alps caps from SP and no vintage caps. SP alps use MX stabilizers. 

Offline Koniotaur

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 14:23:56 »
Do I understand right that Sidewinder is HHKB and Raven is blockerless? Interested in one if this is still happening.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 15:09:24 »
Do I understand right that Sidewinder is HHKB and Raven is blockerless? Interested in one if this is still happening.

You are correct
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline wryed

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 12 February 2022, 09:56:24 »
Interested in either in either color

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 12 February 2022, 10:31:04 »

Offline Zenetics

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 13:07:18 »
Definitely interested!

Offline robotictomato

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 13:22:48 »
I would be very interested in the Raven for Alps.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 15:59:20 »
Also, I wanted to see if you could post photos of the actual PCBs if you decide to sell them.  I have a Raven that I bought from Primekeyboards.  I built it as an MX board a long time ago, but I had been planning to rebuild it as an Alps board with SGI caps.  I didn't realize until a few weeks ago that my PCB doesn't have support for stepped caps on alps.  No biggie, I thought, I'll use some of my SP Alps sets and cherry stabilizers.  It also doesn't have support for Alps split right shift. So, a photo of the PCB would be good, to verify compatibility. 

Offline derpter

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 18:10:16 »
Would love a Sidewinder for alps build

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 18:42:38 »
Also, I wanted to see if you could post photos of the actual PCBs if you decide to sell them.  I have a Raven that I bought from Primekeyboards.  I built it as an MX board a long time ago, but I had been planning to rebuild it as an Alps board with SGI caps.  I didn't realize until a few weeks ago that my PCB doesn't have support for stepped caps on alps.  No biggie, I thought, I'll use some of my SP Alps sets and cherry stabilizers.  It also doesn't have support for Alps split right shift. So, a photo of the PCB would be good, to verify compatibility.

It kinda has compatibility for the ALPS stepped caps, IIRC it has the room to move the switch over to the left for it, but the pad for the left pin doesn't go over that far. I resolved that by wrapping that pin with some copper wire I stripped out of a USB cable to make the pin wide enough to connect to the solder pad. I believe you're right about no split R shift support for ALPS on the PCB though, but the SGI set comes with a full R shift. Were you planning on using other caps there to get split R shift?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 18:58:59 »

It kinda has compatibility for the ALPS stepped caps, IIRC it has the room to move the switch over to the left for it, but the pad for the left pin doesn't go over that far. I resolved that by wrapping that pin with some copper wire I stripped out of a USB cable to make the pin wide enough to connect to the solder pad. I believe you're right about no split R shift support for ALPS on the PCB though, but the SGI set comes with a full R shift. Were you planning on using other caps there to get split R shift?

Yeah.  I was going to use my Alps Throwback set to get a split right shift.  I’ll look into that mod on the stepped caps.  Makes sense.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 19:07:42 »

Yeah.  I was going to use my Alps Throwback set to get a split right shift.  I’ll look into that mod on the stepped caps.  Makes sense.

They're OOS right now, but they have been restocking them fairly often so keep an eye for when this PCB, https://keebmeup.com/index.php?id_product=129&id_product_attribute=1856&rewrite=60-alps-matias-skcm-skcl-pcb&controller=product#/52-plate_add_on-no_plate_needed_0 comes back in stock. It's a little pricey, but should work with the Raven/Sidewinder & has proper support for the stepped caps plus split R shift support. I got an earlier revision of this & it was the most versatile 60% ALPS PCB I've worked with.