Author Topic: [IC] GMK Prussian Blue - GB Indefinitely Postponed  (Read 111234 times)

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
Re: [IC] GMK Prussian Blue - GB Indefinitely Postponed
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 09:10:39 »
As noted in the GB thread, which should now be locked, the GMK Prussian Blue group buy has been canceled.  It became clear that this wasn't the right moment for GMK Prussian Blue.

The Geekhack mods have been kind enough to unlock this Interest Check thread to track the progress of this project in whatever form it may take in the future.

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 10:10:57 »
As noted in the GB thread, which should now be locked, the GMK Prussian Blue group buy has been canceled.  It became clear that this wasn't the right moment for GMK Prussian Blue.

The Geekhack mods have been kind enough to unlock this Interest Check thread to track the progress of this project in whatever form it may take in the future.

:(

Offline phoenixrage

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 10:51:44 »
Damn that sucks, hope to see it come back later on.

Offline zebus

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 12:56:21 »
Man if a set this good can’t make it then I feel like GMK is officially RIP until they get their **** together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LegendsWorks

• thocc
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 13:37:16 »
 :'(

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 14:11:28 »
Man if a set this good can’t make it then I feel like GMK is officially RIP until they get their **** together.

mitclan just did 850 or so orders on day 1, GMK is definitely not dead

this happened to run at the same time

people are a lot pickier about what GMK GBs they're joining now
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zebus

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 14:18:10 »
Oh. Seems like every set I’ve got in on lately has either been canceled, barely made moq and/or had to cancel a majority of the extra kits. I didn’t have any interest in Mictlan.. apparently I just have bad taste. This set was a 10 for me.

Offline GMK83

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 14:32:14 »
Sad that this isn’t running.  Such a nice set.

Offline heavyheaded

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 15:25:40 »
Damn, I need my polish subs!

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 16:25:51 »
I think Mictlan is a great set. It’s just hard to sit side-by-side with such a massive price difference (and far higher MOQ).

I don’t know the degree to which that made an actual difference, but it likely didn’t help.

Offline Zetina

• El pajarraco
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 16:33:29 »
Hopefully we can see a re-run of the set in the near future, at the end of the day it's probably one of the best sets that have gone into GB this year.

Offline datfroyodoe

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 20:21:32 »
I think Mictlan is a great set. It’s just hard to sit side-by-side with such a massive price difference (and far higher MOQ).

I don’t know the degree to which that made an actual difference, but it likely didn’t help.

having the 2 base kits didnt help either. i was on the fence the whole time deciding which base kit to buy and still i can't decide. the price also made is so that buying 2 base kits was out of the question.

a polish base kit + german addon would've been a better play or vice versa.

just my 2 cents.

Offline actress

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 20:38:07 »
truly surprised. Hope to see it rerun someday

Offline XiXora

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 20:41:23 »
Didn't expect this.
I thought it was pretty well kitted and had everything I wanted in it.

Hopefully, its just a timing issue and we can enjoy this at a future date.

Offline sntXrrr

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 21:40:20 »
Too bad, I really like the color and mods. Hopefully we'll get another chance.

Offline Chenson

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 01:34:41 »
Sad that this is cancelled. I for sure hope this will run again in the near future.

Offline Rilow

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 01:54:59 »
This is so sad. Best set of the year. Hope it will run another time.

« Reply #167 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 04:14:43 »
I really REALLY hope this set comes back later this year.

Offline Minam

« Reply #168 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 09:10:36 »
Sucks. I was going to buy x2 base kits of this with intl kits. I just usually wait until the last day since why pay money 1 month earlier?

Offline gotgoodiez

« Reply #169 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 12:37:16 »
Rough, really wanted to pick this set up. Hopefully you can run it later at a better time.

Offline less_blank

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 13:52:17 »
Damn was also gonna pick this up later in the month. Definitely a bummer, a set this good deserves to be made, hopefully it’ll get another shot.

Offline Sainity

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 10 June 2022, 15:06:06 »
Same here. Very much looking forward to this set whenever it hits GB next time around.

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 13:39:32 »
Damn, I just wanted to order 3 sets ....

This colorway is an absolute champ. A gem. A must-buy. This groupbuy has to happen someday.

I think the ridiculous GMK-waiting time might turn many people off. I'm currently waiting for 3 other GMK sets because they just cannot produce fast enough (amateurs).

Offline Finite

• peer pressured into mk hobby, pls send help
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 17 June 2022, 17:34:57 »

Oh no, I guess this is why there is such a push for buying in the first week. That sucks, I was waiting until my next paycheck to buy into the GB. I really hope to see this happen in the future, maybe still with GMK, or maybe PBTfans (because every designer and their mother seems to be turning towards them until GMK's new employees are fully trained and the backlog clears up). Though with how they're doing things, it might be hard to get this specific set to run through them, so idk, it's up to you and your infinite wisdom to determine what's right. Just know that I'll buy this no matter what form it takes on.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 09:31:28 »
Out of curiosity, why didn’t you release final sales numbers? Those are really useful to the folks who are tracking statistics in the long term

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 12:10:48 »
Out of curiosity, why didn’t you release final sales numbers? Those are really useful to the folks who are tracking statistics in the long term

I can ask my vendors, but I'm not sure how useful they'd actually be when we're not talking about final numbers.  Final sales are useful because there's a useful like-for-like basis to look at, but for a GB that lasted a week and then had to be canceled?  We didn't even have full up-to-date numbers for everyone at that point.

Had we not canceled already, I would have posted one-week sales numbers, but that just didn't happen.

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 12:38:23 »

I can ask my vendors, but I'm not sure how useful they'd actually be when we're not talking about final numbers.  Final sales are useful because there's a useful like-for-like basis to look at, but for a GB that lasted a week and then had to be canceled?  We didn't even have full up-to-date numbers for everyone at that point.

Had we not canceled already, I would have posted one-week sales numbers, but that just didn't happen.

Please do ;-) I was ready for 2 sets.

One (late) note: Why "pudding" artisan?? Artisan: great, colour: great, shape: pudding???
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pudding
I understand, that Hibi has been using this shape for previous keycaps, but ... why pro Prussians sets?
for example: Google: "symbol of prussian empire" = black eagle

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 12:42:28 »

One (late) note: Why "pudding" artisan?? Artisan: great, colour: great, shape: pudding???
I understand, that Hibi has been using this shape for previous keycaps, but ... why pro Prussians sets?

In regard to the Hibi, I just wanted to use one of their "house" designs, something that was collectible and that differs from their other similar caps solely by color.  I wasn't really intending on doing novelties for this set at all, and some of the old symbols of Prussia haven't aged very well and are widely used for nefarious meanings.  The eagle might have been okay, but I wouldn't have been able to get something with the level of detail of a typical heraldic symbol.

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 12:55:45 »

In regard to the Hibi, I just wanted to use one of their "house" designs, something that was collectible and that differs from their other similar caps solely by color.  I wasn't really intending on doing novelties for this set at all, and some of the old symbols of Prussia haven't aged very well and are widely used for nefarious meanings.  The eagle might have been okay, but I wouldn't have been able to get something with the level of detail of a typical heraldic symbol.

Understand, ... just in case of Release 1.1: what about "simplified crown"? (empire == crown)

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 June 2022, 13:13:39 by vladimir108 »

Offline DeMechanica

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 17:12:57 »
I was down for this set, hadn’t bought in yet due to timing. Can’t wait for it when it eventually (hopefully?) runs!

Offline Shorle

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 16:31:47 »
The cancellation saddens me, this set was a perfect fit. I love the colour way and previous GBs in a similar colour didn't offer NorDe support at all. This kit has my coveted German support from the get go which makes this a banger deal for any German writing enthusiast wanting something else than OG Cherry keycaps. My initial plan was to pledge my support with day1 purchases but reason got the better of me and I was going to buy 3-4 sets at the end of the month. I guess it wouldn't have made a difference.
I understand the "competition" for our money with Mictlan but Mictlan sadly doesn't offer any NorDe.
I hope this gets a re-run soon, maybe after GMK gets their production in line and fixes those crooked letters so it's for the better for us after all.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 June 2022, 17:31:49 by Shorle »

Offline ThreadyKeycaps

• ThreadyKeycaps
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 21:48:08 »
simple but cool!

Offline OmegaZero55

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 19:26:53 »
I hope this set does come back in the future. The timing was just bad for me, so that's why I didn't buy it.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 10:21:45 »
Just a quick note here that while I don't have a timeline yet, I have begun getting quotes and putting together art assets for a DCS version of Prussian Blue.

Things of note:
  • Legends would use a Gorton / Wyse typeface, as SP has nearly all of the German language modifiers in this style. Any new legends will attempt to follow the same style.
  • Instead of two base kits, I am aiming to have one base mods kit and two alpha kit options. 
    • The base mods kit will include support for most 40s, 60s, 65s, 75s, and TKL.  It will also include Alice support, though the short bars will unfortunately have to be concave blanks.
    • Numpad will have a separate kit (as that is more affordable to separate out in SP).
    • The primary alpha kit will include support for US, UK, and Polish layouts (with the Polish sublegends optional).
    • The second alpha kit will support standard ISO NorDe layouts as well as both ANSI-DE variants (R2 1.50u #' and R1 1u #').
  • German language modifiers will be contained in a small supplemental addon kit.
  • Ergodoxian support is being reworked and may be omitted  :(
  • This version will target the same RAL color for the blue and will use a stock SP white.

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 10:58:48 »
100% in for a DCS version, especially with Gorton modified. Can't wait for this.  :thumb:  :p
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline mundhra

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 11:29:36 »
great news, very hype for PB

Offline HalfScrim

• no fun. not ever.
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 11:49:46 »
Definitely down to have this set in DCS. Looking forward to more updates

Offline Rilow

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 12:00:18 »
Please not DCS. Go for GMK again at another time.

Offline panka

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 12:09:05 »
**** YES

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 12:22:46 »

The planned DCS run will not prevent another attempt at a GMK run.  The second attempt is going to have to wait for GMK hate to die down anyway, so the goal is to have a route to a viable product in the meantime that I and others can enjoy.

Offline Jampot_298

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 12:26:31 »
Thank you for DCS! :)

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 12:31:07 »
Are you aware of the definition of insanity?

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 12:31:32 »
Just a quick note here that while I don't have a timeline yet, I have begun getting quotes and putting together art assets for a DCS version of Prussian Blue.

Things of note:
  • Legends would use a Gorton / Wyse typeface, as SP has nearly all of the German language modifiers in this style. Any new legends will attempt to follow the same style.
  • Instead of two base kits, I am aiming to have one base mods kit and two alpha kit options. 
    • The base mods kit will include support for most 40s, 60s, 65s, 75s, and TKL.  It will also include Alice support, though the short bars will unfortunately have to be concave blanks.
    • Numpad will have a separate kit (as that is more affordable to separate out in SP).
    • The primary alpha kit will include support for US, UK, and Polish layouts (with the Polish sublegends optional).
    • The second alpha kit will support standard ISO NorDe layouts as well as both ANSI-DE variants (R2 1.50u #' and R1 1u #').
  • German language modifiers will be contained in a small supplemental addon kit.
  • Ergodoxian support is being reworked and may be omitted  :(
  • This version will target the same RAL color for the blue and will use a stock SP white.
Please show kitting, I'm effing hyped

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 12:40:53 »
Please show kitting, I'm effing hyped

Kitting is still in flux, but I'd be willing to show some details on my discord server.  Right now I'm working from KLE diagrams, however, and the actual icons and typeface present there aren't going to match the eventual product.  I'm still in the process of putting together vectors of all those legends so that they can be rendered properly.  Even said renders will still contain inaccuracies, but they should be a great deal better than the present state of affairs.

Offline Rilow

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 13:56:36 »
Are you aware of the definition of insanity?

What are you implying?
Maybe you're new to this hobby, but several cancelled sets have later ran successfully.

Offline Friendship

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 14:06:40 »
Now this is exciting! With all the DCS love I have been seeing lately, I do wish there was a push to have convex mini spacebar molds made
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 14:48:16 »
Now this is exciting! With all the DCS love I have been seeing lately, I do wish there was a push to have convex mini spacebar molds made

anyone who is willing to pay for it can likely have it done, it's just expensive and GB numbers are low so people are trying to keep prices down
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Friendship

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 15:56:27 »

anyone who is willing to pay for it can likely have it done, it's just expensive and GB numbers are low so people are trying to keep prices down

ahh unfortunate but makes sense, maybe some day!
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 22:40:44 »
My understanding is that SP is already planning to create convex moulds for short bars in DCS, but the timeline for that is slow. It took them quite a while to get bars made for SA, and I don’t know whether DCS or DSA is their next priority.

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 01:37:26 »
Oh im all in for DCS LETS GOOOOOO