Previous Events Archive > KeyCon 2017

[IC] Artisan Casting Demo

<< < (5/5)

fendent:
[anxiety intensifies]

Joey Quinn:
For all the people asking for a video, remember that a lot of the information regarding casting artisans comes from experimentation. While a video or thread can help you get the basic idea it won't be a substitute for figuring out how your resin will react to variables like ambient temperature and humidity (+ a bunch of others). The artisans contributing their time to this video have spent countless hours working with resin and you'll have to do the same if you'd like to make quality keycaps. Regardless of how much you read or watch about the subject.

att1cus:

--- Quote from: Joey Quinn on Fri, 21 April 2017, 03:46:57 ---For all the people asking for a video, remember that a lot of the information regarding casting artisans comes from experimentation. While a video or thread can help you get the basic idea it won't be a substitute for figuring out how your resin will react to variables like ambient temperature and humidity (+ a bunch of others). The artisans contributing their time to this video have spent countless hours working with resin and you'll have to do the same if you'd like to make quality keycaps. Regardless of how much you read or watch about the subject.

--- End quote ---

Good note, Joey.  This is not a cheat-sheet casting demo that will work 100% anything anywhere, this is a demo to show what's involved with the entire process.  there is no substitute for experimentation.

TelFiRE:

--- Quote from: Joey Quinn on Fri, 21 April 2017, 03:46:57 ---For all the people asking for a video, remember that a lot of the information regarding casting artisans comes from experimentation. While a video or thread can help you get the basic idea it won't be a substitute for figuring out how your resin will react to variables like ambient temperature and humidity (+ a bunch of others). The artisans contributing their time to this video have spent countless hours working with resin and you'll have to do the same if you'd like to make quality keycaps. Regardless of how much you read or watch about the subject.

--- End quote ---

Understood, and I'm looking forward to the task! :cool: I do like to go into things with as much information as possible though, and I'm extremely visual. Right now there's a dearth of visual information about even the basics of the process (or I'm just not looking in the right places, which is entirely possible, because I keep stumbling on a gem here or there)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version