Author Topic: Razer blackwidow stealth on Mac question  (Read 2489 times)

Offline vkevlar

Razer blackwidow stealth on Mac question
« on: Thu, 08 September 2011, 17:18:41 »
Short time reader, first time poster.  After reading the forums, I decided to give the new blackwidow stealth a whirl, as it's got cherry browns rather than blues, and, in theory, the mac edition driver should work with the stealth...  That was my error.

So, question here is, has anyone successfully gotten the f14-15 and M1-M5 keys on a PC blackwidow working on an OS X machine, and how?  USB Overdrive doesn't seem to recognize that the blackwidow is a keyboard; the blackwidow mac driver maps keys incorrectly (F13/prtsc appears twice on the keymap, interestingly enough), and the regular inbuilt driver works with all the keys except "scroll lock", "pause/break", and "M1"-"M5".  These keys don't register in Ukulele or on the keyboard viewer when pressed; I can only assume they're sending codes that aren't recognized by the mac keyboard driver.

So... crash course in OSX USB device driver building? Or is this a solved problem?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 September 2011, 23:05:23 »
I've had really good luck with ControllerMate for recognizing weird devices and customizing them in OSX. I use it every day at work.

Offline nilzie

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 08:26:23 »
Not sure if its what you mean, but the latest Blackwidow firmware has support for mac layout.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 September 2011, 14:28:50 »
I don't think I'll ever be able to run another Razer firmware updater. I've bricked way too many devices to try that again.