Author Topic: What's the story with PunksDead?  (Read 5367 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
What's the story with PunksDead?
« on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 12:58:59 »
I joined Geekhack in February. I've never been able to figure this out.

Best I can tell, he's actually HipsterPunks and when he reached 666 posts he decided to start a new account with the name PunksDead. Now that he's about to hit 666 posts on his new account he's got to do the whole thing over again.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: What's the story with PunksDead?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:08:39 »
Nobody knows who he is, where he came from, or what he's doing.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:08:51 »
Hipsterpunks only has 661 posts now due to some threads getting removed :(

Hipsterpunks also left exactly 1 year after the account was created.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:10:37 »
Reporting Hipster for multiple accounts..

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:12:45 »
You have to have some mystery around you if you wanna be successful ;)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:17:03 »
You have to have some mystery around you if you wanna be successful ;)

Hoff is the "man of mystery" and he is far from successful at moderating my idiocy.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:21:25 »
Some dude who makes dank vandals.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:26:38 »
Nobody but the flavor of the week.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:37:24 »

I thought that was snack keys.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline ika

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:41:03 »
Follow-up question, are KBKs and KWKs made by the same people?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:48:13 »

Thanks for your input
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:57:20 »

yep

Thanks for your input

I appreciate your restraint.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 14:33:10 »
I hear this guy PunksDead is a real gangster. A vandal. He could even be a WARus. Wrapping up caps and even mummifying them. But all I left with was a blank impression because I always missed the sales. Such is the life of artisans. You get busy. Gotta look for jobs and what not. I hope he is well.

* grumpy cat thanks herself for her input

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 14:40:16 »

yep

Thanks for your input

don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 14:50:46 »

yep

Thanks for your input

Show Image

All those gold stars and I didn't even have to kiss any ass! Nice!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 14:53:18 »
Nudes doesn't count as brown-nosing?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 14:57:38 »

yep

Thanks for your input

Show Image

All those gold stars and I didn't even have to kiss any ass! Nice!

« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:06:23 by hwood34 »

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:06:11 »
FLAVOR OF MY LIFE FOOOOOO  :p

In all serious Njbar if this was not a troll  :eek: he makes keycaps here and is an avid enthusiast just like us. He's a little eccentric and has a different approach then a lot of the artisans here and he is still around. As you already know hipsterpunks was an old SN and his switching to punksdead as far as I know coincided with a couple of things the post count length of account and at the time was getting into something New artistically going from the brand Killed By Kaps (KBK) to Kult Worship Kaps (KWK) which contained New art cap designs and views about the community. If you go to ctrlalt.io he does a pretty awesome soundcloud interview with some other members of the ctrl alt team !!! If your a fan of his work it's a cool interview

Warus
Me bee
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:25:05 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:06:32 »

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:27:57 »
Nudes doesn't count as brown-nosing?

I sometimes brown-nose in the nude. If the mood strikes me.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:35:13 »
I feel like I should point out that I'm not trolling here. I pay very little attention to the novelty keycaps scene so that could be why I'm so out of touch. I honestly had no idea what KBK or KWK stood for until now. And I'm sure I couldn't tell you what the caps look like.

I'm sure Punks is a great guy and all. Unfortunately I won't get a chance to get to know him in two posts, unless it's in Off Topic of course.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:47:57 »
I feel like I should point out that I'm not trolling here. I pay very little attention to the novelty keycaps scene so that could be why I'm so out of touch. I honestly had no idea what KBK or KWK stood for until now. And I'm sure I couldn't tell you what the caps look like.

I'm sure Punks is a great guy and all. Unfortunately I won't get a chance to get to know him in two posts, unless it's in Off Topic of course.
Haha ya it's funny how we all gravitate to our own sections of GH and cross paths with some and not at all with others. I hope you know I wasn't accusing you of trolling but one can never be sure  ^-^ I usually catch you around the IBM Buckling spring/Alps/DIY parts of the hack 8) anyways hope that helps and glad to see you around pretty stoked about your alps GB
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:51:53 »

Haha ya it's funny how we all gravitate to our own sections of GH and cross paths with some and not at all with others. I hope you know I wasn't accusing you of trolling but one can never be sure  ^-^ I usually catch you around the IBM Buckling spring/Alps/DIY parts of the hack 8) anyways hope that helps and glad to see you around pretty stoked about your alps GB
Did you know we both joined GH the same day?

My boards:
More

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 15:54:19 »

You guys might share some connections unknowingly.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:08:01 »

Well her avatar has black eyes just like all my girlfriends.

My boards:
More

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:11:22 »

You might have to take this to PM :P

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:11:30 »
Here's some info on his work.

KBK:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63685.0

KWK:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68619.0

Thanks to hwood for putting then together.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:14:07 »

You might have to take this to PM
For the record I am happily married with two kids!

Besides this is my Off Topic thread so I'll threadcrap all I want. Off Topic is On Topic in Off Topic.

My boards:
More

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:17:08 »

Besides this is my Off Topic thread so I'll threadcrap all I want. Off Topic is On Topic in Off Topic.

I was joking with you... It wasn't even about "threadcrapping" >_>

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:18:01 »

I was joking with you... It wasn't even about "threadcrapping" >_>

Edit: Sorry, Tapatalk just pocket-replied on me.

Anyway, I got the joke. Just wanted to clarify my intentions.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:22:32 by njbair »

My boards:
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 16:50:23 »
The only thing that miffs me was how he did sales. I stopped even trying to get a Vandel, he changes his website and how sales are done so often I gave up trying to follow the breadcrumbs a while ago. Stupid Illuminati.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 17:12:35 »
I am Punksdead

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 17:15:39 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ika

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 17:33:25 »
holy **** sed and njbair you guys have a ****load of posts for only having joined in february.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 17:37:21 »
When I hear PunksDead, I think of this

http://www.dropkickthefaint.com/

Yes its really old.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:03:08 »
I think Punksdead is a pretty cool guy. Eh makes kaps and doesn’t afraid of anything.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:07:16 »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline raymogi

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:11:41 »
PunksDead is love. PunksDead is life.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:18:39 »
I am Punksdead
*sees hardcore concert posts*

Story checks out.

My boards:
More