Author Topic: [IC] FLX - Virgo  (Read 78782 times)

Offline redsoap2

Re: [IC] Flex's V90
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 06:16:17 »
Looks great count me in !

Offline BlueViola

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 09:18:07 »
I used an ergo keyboard years ago, and I'm not sure I got 100% used to it, but if I want to go with the trend and give one a try, this will probably be the one I go with.  I like the addition of the tkl keys, and I prefer the bottom row to the bottom row on the Alice.  I like the blockers, and the fact that they're the same size, without the big gap and logo on the right.

Offline andino

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 12:43:12 »
I've been searching for an lz ergo for some time now. I'm highly interested in this for a work keyboard! I like the bottom row setup but wonder if it's possible to do a 1u to the right of the left space instead of 1.5u 1u spacebar

Offline Flexerman

• Thanks for all the fish
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 05:48:15 »
WOW... OK quick update,

I've had over 100 people show interest in less than 48 hours so this will be going ahead, I'll spend some time this weekend on a fuller interest check to fill out details more.

a few FAQ answers in the mean time.

Q: Will the PCB be QMK / VIA compatible.

A: There is no reason it shouldn't be possible, I'm using a fairly standard ATMEGA32U4 controller, I'm not 100% sure how to make it happen but I will reach out to some people for help in the coming days.

Q: Support for Split Backspace / Split Shift etc..?

A: The plates and PCB's will support split backspace and split right shift, the PCB will be ANSI and ISO compatible, and I plan to have separate plates for each.

Q: Any other bottom row layouts available?

A: I was planing on a fixed bottom row, but there have been a few well reasoned requests, so I will play around with things to make the blow options available for the bottom row layout.

Q: Can I get 'X' Colour.

A: I will probably run a poll at a future date to select the colour, but so you know, I am trying to keep costs down as far as possible, so I will only be offering one colourway.

Q: Who will be the US/EU/AU proxy?

A: At this time, I am handling everything myself, I'm open to using a US proxy to make import and shipping cheaper for NA, but nothing has been arranged as of yet.

Q: NE Winkey Avail?

A: No. There are already 8 keys available on the bottom row which is fairly standard, the WK blockers are an aesthetic choice by me, and a second top option would raise the per board price for everyone else.

I may revise the F-Key layout once I get the prototype, but I kinda like it as is for now.

Anyway, thank you so much for the interest guys and gals, I'm really looking forward to things moving along.

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 07:10:58 »
WOW... OK quick update,

I've had over 100 people show interest in less than 48 hours so this will be going ahead, I'll spend some time this weekend on a fuller interest check to fill out details more.

a few FAQ answers in the mean time.

Q: Will the PCB be QMK / VIA compatible.

A: There is no reason it shouldn't be possible, I'm using a fairly standard ATMEGA32U4 controller, I'm not 100% sure how to make it happen but I will reach out to some people for help in the coming days.

Q: Support for Split Backspace / Split Shift etc..?

A: The plates and PCB's will support split backspace and split right shift, the PCB will be ANSI and ISO compatible, and I plan to have separate plates for each.

Q: Any other bottom row layouts available?

A: I was planing on a fixed bottom row, but there have been a few well reasoned requests, so I will play around with things to make the blow options available for the bottom row layout.

Show Image

A: I will probably run a poll at a future date to select the colour, but so you know, I am trying to keep costs down as far as possible, so I will only be offering one colourway.

Q: Who will be the US/EU/AU proxy?

A: At this time, I am handling everything myself, I'm open to using a US proxy to make import and shipping cheaper for NA, but nothing has been arranged as of yet.

Q: NE Winkey Avail?

A: No. There are already 8 keys available on the bottom row which is fairly standard, the WK blockers are an aesthetic choice by me, and a second top option would raise the per board price for everyone else.

I may revise the F-Key layout once I get the prototype, but I kinda like it as is for now.

Anyway, thank you so much for the interest guys and gals, I'm really looking forward to things moving along.
Great work mate!

I really look forward to seeing how this all plays out and hopefully I might be lucky enough to possibly get my hands on one in the end.. wkl ergo ftw

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 08:41:50 »

That's a deal-breaker for me. Best of luck with the GB. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline xchangmanx

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 20:21:39 »
+1 please consider me in the final count!  Ur skillz is FreSh!

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 23:04:02 »

That's a deal-breaker for me. Best of luck with the GB. :thumb:

In this day and age, it's really not hard to reanno or cerakote it.

Offline Mormur

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 12:17:41 »
looking forward to this

Offline Smoff

• 817 785
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 13:02:20 »
Lookin' good
Current boards: Matrix 1.2 OG | Matrix 8xv2.0 | Cherry g80-1000 | Cherry g80-3000 | Matrix 2.0add | Matrix Noah

Boards on the way: Duck Orion v2.5 | Matrix Falcon

Previous boards: BOK.CP | Duck Orion v3 | Mech27v2 | HHKB pro2 x3 | Cherry g80-11800 | NIU mini | Klippe r1 | Brutal60 | Duck Unicorn x Legend | Duck jetfire | Cherry g80-1800 | IDB60 | PC Salamander | Lin Whale r2 | LZ Physix | Duck Viper v3 |

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 00:13:45 »
Looks Good!  :cool:
LZ Limited

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 14:14:11 »
Looks Good!  :cool:
The v90 has been blessed by the man himself

Offline Flexerman

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 09:58:54 »
Hi All, I've been pretty busy updating info and chasing quotes from suppliers over the last week.

I'll give a small update here, as I am trying to hold off updating the first post into a full IC until I get the prototype in hand and I can show it off a bit better.

I have completed the PCB, and ordered prototypes, this should arrive around the same time as the case (1-2 weeks hopefully). then I can start getting QMK figured out, I've found someone to help out with this.

Great news also, the case manufacturer has come back with a very reasonable price on multiple Ano colours, so I will offer a few options after all, not firm on which will be offered as yet, but below are few samples of some colour schemes I’ve been thinking of.

Again, please note these are very quick renders, the final colours (which haven't been selected yet) will probably differ in saturation and hue.

That's it for now, I just wanted to update those who are interested.

Till next time...
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 October 2019, 14:03:27 by Flexerman »

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 10:58:56 »
Thanks for the update! That is great news to hear. I know the colors will vary from the renders but they are all very aesthetically pleasing. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 11:08:11 »
Awww yeee! Theres that purple I love!!

Offline flippanteer

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 11:10:01 »
That gunmetal and deep burgundy/purple combo is gorgeous...
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 October 2019, 11:12:24 by flippanteer »
Current boards: FLX Virgo w/ NK Drys, E8.5 w/ NK Drys, LZ Physix w/ H1s,  Moon TKL w/ MX Zilents, HAD66 [Alice layout] w/ NK Creams, KBD75v1 w/ Zealios 67g v1

Purchased boards: Infinitum

Past boards: Trinity w/ Tealios v2, Lubrigante w/ Holy YOK Trash Pandas, Kumo w/ Novelkeys Cream, Diverge 2 w/ MX Browns, Planck w/ MOD-H, Anne Pro w/ MX Blue

Offline hansikhouse

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 12:22:43 »
OOF that burgundy is a must-have.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 13:32:17 »
Admittedly the colors all look very nice but can you add one color-neutral option? Preference for silver.

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 13:48:47 »
Looks so good! Interested!

Offline cronohack

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 19:54:02 »
Interested!

Offline Howgii

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 06:49:03 »
I’m interested

Offline TekladoDesignLab

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 07:18:27 »
Count me in!

Offline Pengu1S1K

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 18:15:27 »
Do you have a discord server for updates?

Offline spyruf

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 00:03:26 »
Also interested in winkey.

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 01:18:53 »
Also interested in winkey.
OP has already mentioned that there will be no WK layout. There are also 8 keys on the bottom row, and qmk compatiblity i think.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 October 2019, 08:38:50 by iEatPuppers »

Offline Keymohh

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 18:38:05 »
I neeeeeeed this! I don't even like tkl's but this one....gotta have it. Go with the Pink/Purple, Grey/Purple, Black/Red and a Black/Tiffany blue. Brass weight?

Offline Flexerman

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 20:52:55 »
I neeeeeeed this! I don't even like tkl's but this one....gotta have it. Go with the Pink/Purple, Grey/Purple, Black/Red and a Black/Tiffany blue. Brass weight?

I’ve not released too much info yet, I’m hoping to get the proto in the next week or so and I’ll have a big update to this thread. Thanks for the interest.[/size]

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 20:54:31 »

[/size][size=78%]I’ve not released too much info yet, I’m hoping to get the proto in the next week or so and I’ll have a big update to this thread. Thanks for the interest.[/size]
Proto next week! Very hype I cant wait to see how it looks irl... my wrists already feel relieved plus if theres a purple option I was already in for the go whatever colour haha

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 08:44:35 »
I'd pay good money for a "southpaw" version of this, with the nav cluster on the left.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 09:34:14 »
I'd pay good money for a "southpaw" version of this, with the nav cluster on the left.

i was just thinking how noone made southpath version of alice clone. Arrows on right, numepad on left. It would look nice i think but hey noone made it still  :rolleyes:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 13:05:56 »
I also numpad lefty. there must be at least a dozen of us.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 13:20:35 »
Flexerman, when you get the proto could you please kindly consider whether it might work slightly better to bring the two ergo halves closer together so the center “void space” is a little thinner. If you look at the Alice, it seems left and right are about 0.5cm closer together.

Many thanks for your consideration!

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 14:45:37 »
Looks really cool, best of luck with the eventual GB!
actualglacier on youtube

Offline Flexerman

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 15:19:53 »
Flexerman, when you get the proto could you please kindly consider whether it might work slightly better to bring the two ergo halves closer together so the center “void space” is a little thinner. If you look at the Alice, it seems left and right are about 0.5cm closer together.

I will look into it for sure, once I have the proto in hand i’ll be reviewing everything anyhow, there is only so much a Fusion model can tell you.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 15:20:46 »

I'm not Flexerman, but why take this approach? I mean, why do what Alice does? Isn't that just making another Alice?
Ortho. Always.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 17:59:51 »

I'm not Flexerman, but why take this approach? I mean, why do what Alice does? Isn't that just making another Alice?

Alice was used as an example, not meant as merely a statement to do as Alice did (although Alice is obviously hugely popular...) - it's not the only one where the two ergo halves are closer together. Having used a few different ergo styles in my opinion having them a little closer together feels more natural - but perhaps you've had a different experience given your (presumably rhetorical) question?

In any case, my request was just for flex to look into and consider it, not to do it. This is an IC, after all.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 18:05:54 »

Having used a few different ergo styles in my opinion having them a little closer together feels more natural - but perhaps you've had a different experience given your (presumably rhetorical) question?

In any case, my request was just for flex to look into and consider it, not to do it. This is an IC, after all.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk - sorry if it came across that way. Me personally, most of the ergos I *have* tried are too close together, to the point where I just prefer split keyboards, so making something closer together would make this less appealing to me. And since ICs are ideally new products, I just didn't understand the suggestion to make another Alice. That's all. Again, didn't mean to be a jerk if it seemed that way.

Ortho. Always.

Offline juliandoucette

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 18:21:30 »
I'm interested.

Offline 002 DC

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 01:31:05 »
Can you link a KLE page for this

Offline Flexerman

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 15:30:09 »
Huge update coming this weekend, probably going to run this in November.

Unfortunately the Prototype has been delayed till next week as I've changed the base to Anodised Alu to better reflect what the GB Participants will receive. I've had my shipping notice for it, so fingers crossed that the UK customs don't hold it too long.

For now... have some more colour option renders.

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 15:32:18 »

Show Image

Dude, these are amazing.

I really love how you eliminated the dead space by having the clusters super close, makes me
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 October 2019, 15:51:14 by jackedhardwarejunkie »

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 15:38:41 »
I'm loving the silver with red plate  :thumb:

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 15:43:36 »
Looks great. I'd love a "southpaw" version with the nav keys on the left side, but I like this too.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 16:14:02 »
all in baby  :cool:

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 16:28:09 »
I can't clearly tell but is one of those renders a dark olive/army green? If so that would be super lit.

Offline Keymohh

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 21:51:38 »
That Grey/Plum is mine baby

Offline eelan

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 00:03:40 »
interested, looking great so far

Offline Holicalis

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 26 October 2019, 02:10:12 »
Form filled out. I love ergos and would totally be on board heh

Offline SmilingPudding

• 60% is the best layout.
    • Instagram
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 03:14:00 »
Huge update coming this weekend, probably going to run this in November.

Unfortunately the Prototype has been delayed till next week as I've changed the base to Anodised Alu to better reflect what the GB Participants will receive. I've had my shipping notice for it, so fingers crossed that the UK customs don't hold it too long.

For now... have some more colour option renders.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The new render has a logo now? Can we have a closer look at the logo?

Offline Flexerman

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 13:23:52 »
The new render has a logo now? Can we have a closer look at the logo?

It's this:

which is a stylised version of the Virgo star sign symbol.

I'd kind of ignore it for now since it needs to change.