Author Topic: [GB] The Monarch: Alps 60%+LHTK (Shipped)  (Read 1067282 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] The Monarch: Alps 60%+LHTK (84 COLORS & ALPINE WINTER SUPPORT AVAILABLE)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 20:08:37 »
I just wanted to tell you all that I love you and the Monarch, and if doing so bumps this thread back up to the top of the unread list, then so be it!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
Re: [GB] The Monarch: Alps 60%+LHTK (84 COLORS & ALPINE WINTER SUPPORT AVAILABLE)
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 22:22:54 »
I just wanted to tell you all that I love you and the Monarch, and if doing so bumps this thread back up to the top of the unread list, then so be it!

<3
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 21:12:15 »
Alright guys, there's a week left and we're still very short on orders. Unless something magical happens things aren't looking  good for us hitting MOQ by next Saturday. My mother was talking to my uncle earlier in the week and says that he has talked to the laser cutting place and that the original quote was incorrect at that we may be able to shave some off of the final price, exactly how much I'm not sure yet. I will be in contact with him shorty. Although I don't think it will result in enough of a price drop to significantly effect order amounts. I wish there were a way for me to make this happen for you guys  :'(
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline E3E

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 21:22:50 »
Oh no! Will a secret investor sweep down to save the day like they have with Alpine Winter? I'm not part of this buy (I can't afford it right now with the other project I have going on), but I very much want to see this happen!

I feel like there will be someone who will save this when we get down to the wire.

Offline Sockets

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 00:25:06 »
Alright guys, there's a week left and we're still very short on orders. Unless something magical happens things aren't looking  good for us hitting MOQ by next Saturday. My mother was talking to my uncle earlier in the week and says that he has talked to the laser cutting place and that the original quote was incorrect at that we may be able to shave some off of the final price, exactly how much I'm not sure yet. I will be in contact with him shorty. Although I don't think it will result in enough of a price drop to significantly effect order amounts. I wish there were a way for me to make this happen for you guys  :'(

Oh no! I would be devastated if this doesn't happen.

I wonder if the one of the things keeping people from jumping on this is that they need to get an AEKII. I'm pretty new to all this so my first thought was to look on ebay but the current prices of AEKIIs on ebay are a little discouraging.  eg. The only listing I found in Australia right now is for an unused AEKII for AUD$200. Looking internationally isn't much better. I saw one listing in the UK for GBP120 not including the lead or shipping.  There are cheaper ones out there (still not cheap) but then shipping is completely ridiculous.  I could only find one US listing for <US$50 but with shipping it was still around US$100. 
Then I started to look locally. After a few phone calls I managed to find a couple of them at a computer recycler for AUD$35 each.  Looking through the classified ads here, thats only a couple of dollars more than the last one I saw sell on  there went for.  Quite reasonable.
If you're on the fence about this because you can't find a reasonably priced AEKII, do a quick search (maybe not on ebay), make a few phone calls. I'm sure there are a lot more of these out there but they might require a tiny bit of work to find them. 

tl;dr AEKII on ebay = $$$$, local computer recycler = $.  Make a few phone calls and order The Monarch!  :thumb:

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 00:57:56 »

Oh no! I would be devastated if this doesn't happen.

I wonder if the one of the things keeping people from jumping on this is that they need to get an AEKII. I'm pretty new to all this so my first thought was to look on ebay but the current prices of AEKIIs on ebay are a little discouraging.  eg. The only listing I found in Australia right now is for an unused AEKII for AUD$200. Looking internationally isn't much better. I saw one listing in the UK for GBP120 not including the lead or shipping.  There are cheaper ones out there (still not cheap) but then shipping is completely ridiculous.  I could only find one US listing for <US$50 but with shipping it was still around US$100. 
Then I started to look locally. After a few phone calls I managed to find a couple of them at a computer recycler for AUD$35 each.  Looking through the classified ads here, thats only a couple of dollars more than the last one I saw sell on  there went for.  Quite reasonable.
If you're on the fence about this because you can't find a reasonably priced AEKII, do a quick search (maybe not on ebay), make a few phone calls. I'm sure there are a lot more of these out there but they might require a tiny bit of work to find them. 

tl;dr AEKII on ebay = $$$$, local computer recycler = $.  Make a few phone calls and order The Monarch!  :thumb:

Yeah, I think it's a combination of it being Alps, the left-hand numpad, the keycap requirements, and the cost. It's just overall too niche and expensive of a product  :(

Offline Jersern

• Australian Keyboard Modding and Repair Service
« Reply #156 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 01:45:47 »
I already had an old aek that wasn't in too good shape for a restoration so I'm set on that front. I really hope this buy goes through! :)

Offline Delirious

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 01:47:08 »
The Monarch will triumph, I believe!

Offline Sockets

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 01:59:53 »
I already had an old aek that wasn't in too good shape for a restoration so I'm set on that front. I really hope this buy goes through! :)

Would the AEK (I, not II) also work for this project? I read on the DT wiki that they had two different types of stabalisers.

Offline Jersern

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 02:06:48 »
It's an aek2 (my bad for not clarifying)

Offline Muffinbottoms

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 06:43:03 »
Fuuuuuudge :'C I feel extremely bad that I can't hop in on this buy and get us that one more closer. Have you tried Reddit and DT? I don't know any other mechboard communities other than these three that you could try posting to. Maybe foreign communities? :/ I really hopes this goes through! This was a beautiful custom from the beginning and I figured with all the Alps hype it was gonna go swimmingly! If it doesn't go through this first time, would you consider regrouping and attempting this at another time?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 08:01:11 »
Fuuuuuudge :'C I feel extremely bad that I can't hop in on this buy and get us that one more closer. Have you tried Reddit and DT? I don't know any other mechboard communities other than these three that you could try posting to. Maybe foreign communities? :/ I really hopes this goes through! This was a beautiful custom from the beginning and I figured with all the Alps hype it was gonna go swimmingly! If it doesn't go through this first time, would you consider regrouping and attempting this at another time?
It's definitely on Reddit.

I'm sad I can't join. November is a heavy month, and I really tried to stretch my budget to fit this, but alas I can't.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 15:17:01 »

I've posted on both Reddit and DT. I didn't get any replies at all on DT so I have not updated it in some time. On Reddit I've been posting regular updates but every time I do they get very little to no response and are downvoted pretty heavily which has been pretty discouraging. I'm not saying a possible regroup and rerun is out of the question but at this point the amount of interest overall has been so low I'm just not sure it's worth it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 15:21:54 »

I've posted on both Reddit and DT. I didn't get any replies at all on DT so I have not updated it in some time. On Reddit I've been posting regular updates but every time I do they get very little to no response and are downvoted pretty heavily which has been pretty discouraging. I'm not saying a possible regroup and rerun is out of the question but at this point the amount of interest overall has been so low I'm just not sure it's worth it.
I can't believe it's been down voted. It's a beautiful board and should be snatched up.

For me, I've got Troubled Minds, Skidata+, the rest of my Round 5a order, the Ellipse Model F, and my Christmas shopping. Maybe start it again early next year when people have caught up and the holidays are over?
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 October 2015, 15:23:30 by romevi »

Offline Jersern

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 16:20:34 »
I wonder if we can proceed with the current order count?

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 16:29:59 »
I wonder if we can proceed with the current order count?

I don't think that will be possible at the current (and already high) price point unfortunately.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 17:47:22 »
That's a real bummer if this thing didn't go through. Koalapear would your uncle be interested in making the plate and frame? I might just handwire this.

Offline Jersern

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 18:21:52 »
That's a real bummer if this thing didn't go through. Koalapear would your uncle be interested in making the plate and frame? I might just handwire this.

I wouldn't mind doing some hand wiring myself. Though obviously a pcb would be amazing.

Isn't there going to be a price reduction on the case? We could forgo the lower price to cover the lower order quantity.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 18:35:46 »

I wouldn't mind doing some hand wiring myself. Though obviously a pcb would be amazing.

Isn't there going to be a price reduction on the case? We could forgo the lower price to cover the lower order quantity.

The majority of the issue with the lower order quantity is the PCB costs since that cost are very highly dependent on amount ordered. I would need to rework the quotes for everything else at this order quantity since most of the quotes I got were for around twice the current order number. I would expect a pretty significant price jump for each part of production as a result. The drop in price due to the quoting error would only be around $10-$15 I believe, maybe a bit more but nothing really major unfortunately.  :(

As far as just getting cases done that would still be quite expensive. Due to the low order number I'd guesstimate that just a case done for handwiring would be $250-$275 at least which is just too much for a case.

Offline Jersern

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 18:42:45 »
Hmm, honestly 250 for a case isn't too bad, there are quite a few customs where the cases cost quite a hefty amount.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #170 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 18:44:25 »
There's a place near me where I can use their laser cutter for very, very cheap. I'm not sure if it is capable of cutting metals, but I cam ask when I go in next. That might make it a more feasible project.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 18:58:17 »
Hmm, honestly 250 for a case isn't too bad, there are quite a few customs where the cases cost quite a hefty amount.

I suppose, but I think people are less inclined to pay that kind of premium when the case doesn't have a name like GON, LZ, Duck, or KMAC backing it. Granted this case is not on the same level as some of the cases those guys churn out either. That and this case isn't exactly versatile with it's keycap restrictions and Alps only compatibility. I also doubt that all those who currently have an order submitted are as willing to pay around the same amount as they originally planned to for a board that they then have to handwire.

There's a place near me where I can use their laser cutter for very, very cheap. I'm not sure if it is capable of cutting metals, but I cam ask when I go in next. That might make it a more feasible project.

I appreciate the offer! I'd be worried though that after shipping the amount saved would eat into any cost savings. As it stands for an order number of 25 the aluminum (supplied by the laser place) and the cutting is only around $25 per board. The majority of the cost lies in the CNC time, finishing, and PCB. Although, now that I think about it with the lower order number getting the plates lasered by you may result in a decent price drop.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #172 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:03:13 »
Just chiming in. You all know I really want this board to happen. But if you start talking about no PCB or anything like that I'm a lot less interested. I'd rather consider paying more to make up for the low order quantity.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:07:18 »

I suppose, but I think people are less inclined to pay that kind of premium when the case doesn't have a name like GON, LZ, Duck, or KMAC backing it. Granted this case is not on the same level as some of the cases those guys churn out either. That and this case isn't exactly versatile with it's keycap restrictions and Alps only compatibility. I also doubt that all those who currently have an order submitted are as willing to pay around the same amount as they originally planned to for a board that they then have to handwire.

I appreciate the offer! I'd be worried though that after shipping the amount saved would eat into any cost savings. As it stands for an order number of 25 the aluminum (supplied by the laser place) and the cutting is only around $25 per board. The majority of the cost lies in the CNC time, finishing, and PCB. Although, now that I think about it with the lower order number getting the plates lasered by you may result in a decent price drop.
Yeah, also, I was looking into it, and it looks like steel is much easier to laser cut than aluminum, so that may be something to consider. If it were being lasered and we were doing hand wiring only, I could pretty easily make the plate with the cutouts that support cherry and alps (I think that's a thing, right?), and it wouldn't add significantly to the cost. I don't know how much people would want to do steel instead of alu though, if aluminum weren't possible. Steel can still be coated, as far as I'm aware, so that would just mean a more solid feeling keyboard...

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:10:38 »
Oh, there's also a water jet place near me, and I could see what they say for pricing. I would think that water jet or laser might be a cheaper option since it's faster, I think...

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:52:18 »
While both different metals and different cutting methods are available I'm not sure that they really help lower the price a significant amount. Keep in mind that the cases still need to be CNC'd after laser/waterjet cutting.

Also, as far as cherry+alps compatibility goes the real issue there is stabilizer cutouts in the the plate to support both.
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:55:21 by koalapear »

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:58:20 »
While both different metals and different cutting methods are available I'm not sure that they really help lower the price a significant amount. Keep in mind that the cases still need to be CNC'd after laser/waterjet cutting.

Also, as far as cherry+alps compatibility goes the real issue there is stabilizer cutouts in the the plate to support both.
Ah. Why would they need to be cnc cut after water jet? I would have thought that it would be accurate enough to allow for immediate use. (same thing with laser, if I'm completely honest.)

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 20:01:48 »

Ah. Why would they need to be cnc cut after water jet? I would have thought that it would be accurate enough to allow for immediate use. (same thing with laser, if I'm completely honest.)

The CNC cuts the recesses in the plate to allow the switches and the stabilizers to snap in properly, along with the outer edge of both plates to give them a really smooth finish, and the center polycarb piece is fully CNC cut.

Offline Jersern

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 20:05:13 »
Just chiming in. You all know I really want this board to happen. But if you start talking about no PCB or anything like that I'm a lot less interested. I'd rather consider paying more to make up for the low order quantity.

I agree with njbair, though hand wiring isn't a big deal for me but a pcb will be nice but I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra.

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 20:05:59 »

The CNC cuts the recesses in the plate to allow the switches and the stabilizers to snap in properly, along with the outer edge of both plates to give them a really smooth finish, and the center polycarb piece is fully CNC cut.
Ah. That makes sense. Too bad too... :/ if I could afford to snatch em all up to meet MOQ I totally would.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 20:11:15 »
Assuming an Alps angel doesn't swoop in at the last minute and clear MOQ, I like the idea of trying again in the new year. I have a few ideas that might help this meet MOQ without substantially changing the design. I'll PM koala about that.

My boards:
More

Offline Jersern

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 20:17:05 »
Btw koala, didn't you have a few prototypes? I personally wouldn't mind having one of those and doing hand wiring. 

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 20:18:16 »
I would rather see this board come to life without too many compromises to Koalapear's original idea. Might be worth waiting until the new year.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 20:21:31 »
The de
Assuming an Alps angel doesn't swoop in at the last minute and clear MOQ, I like the idea of trying again in the new year. I have a few ideas that might help this meet MOQ without substantially changing the design. I'll PM koala about that.

Whatever the redesign might be please keep the left hand numpad, it might be niche but it's very unique in design and useful for mouse-on-right-hand users

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 20:55:14 »
Btw koala, didn't you have a few prototypes? I personally wouldn't mind having one of those and doing hand wiring.

I only really have one complete proto case left which I'm thinking about building with SKCM blues, cobalt cerakote, and Alpine Winter. If people get to see that built maybe it will get more interested in it if I rerun it.

Offline Jersern

« Reply #185 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 21:28:10 »
I certainly hope there will be more interest in such an awesome board! :)

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #186 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 21:36:16 »
It'll be too bad if this doesn't happen this year, I was looking forward to seeing everyones builds.
Sadly, I'm toasted for the $$ bills so I can't get in. Maybe if it gets re-run in the new year I'll get in.

Gl with this.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline Muffinbottoms

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 00:09:22 »

Wow I can't believe you didn't get any replies on DT :O I personally don't use it that much, let alone have an account, but I've always pegged it as more of the "modder-ish"/"custom" community out of all three. That's pretty damn rude >:l I can understand if you're not interested not commenting or passing it by, but the only time a post should ever be downvoted in my opinion is when it doesn't offer anything remotely keyboard related. Well if the 13 (if I remember right) are still committed by the New Year and the other five or so who are strapped with cash (me included) throw in that's only about 5 short! Especially with minimum wage going to $10 :D. I'm sure we could find ~5 more buyers!

Edit: I can't math

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 00:18:57 »

Wow I can't believe you didn't get any replies on DT :O I personally don't use it that much, let alone have an account, but I've always pegged it as more of the "modder-ish"/"custom" community out of all three. That's pretty damn rude >:l I can understand if you're not interested not commenting or passing it by, but the only time a post should ever be downvoted in my opinion is when it doesn't offer anything remotely keyboard related. Well if the 13 (if I remember right) are still committed by the New Year and the other five or so who are strapped with cash (me included) throw in that's only about 5 short! Especially with minimum wage going to $10 :D. I'm sure we could find ~5 more buyers!

I'll definitely still be in if this comes back. Q

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 00:20:03 »

DT is more for vintage and European keyboards. They scoff at modding, unless it's for making old keyboards compatible with modern hardware.

I'm actually not surprised it didn't get much attention there. The only custom keyboards I've seen them excited by is one or two Korean ones (which surprised me, too, as I thought they weren't big on them), and Ellipse's Model F.
The only custom caps they seem to go crazy after is 7bit's, which are basically replicas of old caps anyway.

I love their wealth of info on older boards, and their wiki site is fantastic.

Offline Muffinbottoms

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:06:32 »

DT is more for vintage and European keyboards. They scoff at modding, unless it's for making old keyboards compatible with modern hardware.

I'm actually not surprised it didn't get much attention there. The only custom keyboards I've seen them excited by is one or two Korean ones (which surprised me, too, as I thought they weren't big on them), and Ellipse's Model F.
The only custom caps they seem to go crazy after is 7bit's, which are basically replicas of old caps anyway.

I love their wealth of info on older boards, and their wiki site is fantastic.

Ahhh that's where I pegged them wrong. With their wealth of knowledge on older boards and how to fix them up to work with modern computers I assumed they were into modding and the like, so a custom Alps board using old Alps switches and caps would've been right up their alley :/

Man it's really interesting to see the quirks in each community haha.

Offline theginginator

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 23:12:31 »
Really hope this goes through as I have already received an aekII for the caps and ordered switches and stabs for this  :-X

Offline Muffinbottoms

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 07:27:05 »
Really hope this goes through as I have already received an aekII for the caps and ordered switches and stabs for this  :-X

If anything you got a sweet new AEK II that you can dust off and use :D

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 08:42:10 »
Or strip. The caps and switches will probably sell for more than you gave.

Offline theginginator

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:24:01 »

If anything you got a sweet new AEK II that you can dust off and use :D

Or strip. The caps and switches will probably sell for more than you gave.

But... But... MONARCH keyboard?!?

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #195 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:46:29 »
Oh man I would LOVE to get in on this but sadly I don't even remotely have the funds for it. Maybe a round or version 2 in the future. Looks amazing tho!  :thumb:
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:51:21 »
I plan to join this GB but I'm unsure which color plate I want - well I want them all, but sadly I'm not Bill Gates, so I have to choose one. Sometimes having so many choices sucks! I recently joined the Alpine Winters so I want one to go with those caps. What color do others feel match it the best? (I'm thinking Blue Titanium).
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:55:21 by NoblesseOblige »

Offline Delirious

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:57:46 »
I plan to join this GB but I'm unsure which color plate I want - well I want them all, but sadly I'm not Bill Gates, so I have to choose one. Sometimes having so many choices sucks! I recently joined the Alpine Winters so I want one to go with those caps. What color do others feel match it the best?

The Alpine Winters has surrounding blue modifiers so I think an off-white color plate would really make the whole thing pops, white plate -> blue modifiers -> white inner caps.
Regardless of what you choose I really hope you join to make this project a reality. Every order counts :-[

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:03:11 »
I plan to join this GB but I'm unsure which color plate I want - well I want them all, but sadly I'm not Bill Gates, so I have to choose one. Sometimes having so many choices sucks! I recently joined the Alpine Winters so I want one to go with those caps. What color do others feel match it the best?

The Alpine Winters has surrounding blue modifiers so I think an off-white color plate would really make the whole thing pops, white plate -> blue modifiers -> white inner caps.
Regardless of what you choose I really hope you join to make this project a reality. Every order counts :-[

I plan on joining by Friday, just as soon as I decide which color I like best. Bit of an embarrassment of riches with all these great choices. I was considering a white option as well, so thanks for your input.

Offline petrock

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:58:32 »
I'm just hoping this buy goes through, otherwise I might have to learn how to hand wire a matrix.