Author Topic: [GB] ComPact SQ - 1800 Inspired [COMPLETE]  (Read 304626 times)

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
Re: [GB] Compact SQ - 1800 Inspired [Taking orders]
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 00:08:56 »
That split spacebar is so interesting. I hope you make a full alu case of this!

Im trying to figure out a good use for the split space... and i cant
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 00:09:53 »

There is LZ-CP already !!!
I forgot about that! D:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 00:11:43 »

The way I see it is that, when typing normally, the thumbs are going to type on the edges of the space bar. Since you're doing that already, why not remove the space that's not being touched so frequently, and in its stead place a key you can use when needed?

Offline Phirr

• If you don't work you die.
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 01:19:21 »

Typical use is space on the thumb you normally space with, Backspace on the other large space and then a fn (ala poker fns, to use layered keys) on the middle, small key. Pretty practical, with the cheap gateron blank keysets now its more feasible to put unlegended keys there than previously.

Offline clochette

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 01:23:56 »

you mind providing the diameter of the through holes for the switches as well as thickness of the pcb?

And say this is my order I would pay, Total 60 + 10 + 30 + 10 + 10 + 25  = 145 USD correct? And are there options to include the stabilizers and indicator led separately without assembly?
1. PCB (60)
2. TOP - b. black Acrylic (10)
3. MIDDLE (30)
4. BOTTOM - a. translucent Acrylic (10)
5. b. Acrylic (ANSI+6.25/7x) : 10
Shipping 25

I believe he is charging $10 for stabilizers because he isn't like completely stocked on them, indicator leds can be left out, do you mean he includes the leds without assembling them?

I don't have enough LEDs and stabilizers. I can buy some stabs then send you guys just for your convinience. But LEDs are too bothering to sort each colors. Sorry about that.
For the through hole and PCB, it follows cherry recommendation. 1.6mm thickness and 4mm diameter. Thanks

Can I assume that would mean the LEDs would be random in colour?

Offline leeku

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 03:26:20 »

you mind providing the diameter of the through holes for the switches as well as thickness of the pcb?

And say this is my order I would pay, Total 60 + 10 + 30 + 10 + 10 + 25  = 145 USD correct? And are there options to include the stabilizers and indicator led separately without assembly?
1. PCB (60)
3. MIDDLE (30)
Shipping 25

I believe he is charging $10 for stabilizers because he isn't like completely stocked on them, indicator leds can be left out, do you mean he includes the leds without assembling them?

I don't have enough LEDs and stabilizers. I can buy some stabs then send you guys just for your convinience. But LEDs are too bothering to sort each colors. Sorry about that.
For the through hole and PCB, it follows cherry recommendation. 1.6mm thickness and 4mm diameter. Thanks

Can I assume that would mean the LEDs would be random in colour?

It would 3pcs of 3 random color.

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 07:57:48 »
Just build my beautiful alu colored LZ-CP last month and ordered a new acrylic one in this GB to complement. Stoked to see so many nice pictures of these Compact 1800 boards.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:27:07 »
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that the PCB and universal plate allow the Backspace key to be replaced with two 1u keys.
I've been trying to determine the best spot to put the Delete key, as I'm a programmer who makes a LOT of mistakes, and that's looking like the leading candidate so far. 
Not too far from the standard location.

I could not be more psyched about this board.
I could try, but I would fail.
:llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama:
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:28:38 by Dansor »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:58:04 »

Yep, LZ CP and Compact SQ are the same layout. :)

I would be getting a Compact SQ for sure if I didn't already have a CP. That said, I might still pick up a Compact SQ as a gift for someone.

This is one of the best layouts out there, and at this price point, it's really a no-brainer to me.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 12:08:49 »

1. PCB (60)
3. MIDDLE (30)
Shipping 25

Do you mean 1.4mm for the switch through hole? And what is the spacing between the pcb and bottom layer?
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 13:11:37 by ccc24 »

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 16:11:31 »
@Karura: do the Caps Lock and Scroll Lock led in the small bar between the alphas and the numpad work for you on de CP? For me only the Num Lock is functioning and the Caps Lock is working on the Caps Lock key it self but not on the dedicated led on the bar. Have been trying to work with the Jigon software but to no avail.

Offline leeku

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:05:54 »
@Karura: do the Caps Lock and Scroll Lock led in the small bar between the alphas and the numpad work for you on de CP? For me only the Num Lock is functioning and the Caps Lock is working on the Caps Lock key it self but not on the dedicated led on the bar. Have been trying to work with the Jigon software but to no avail.

it should work! Maybe the resistor or LED is not soldered correctly.
Just pm me the picture of led soldered side. Or you can send your pcb/plate to me I can fix it and ship with you cpsq order.

Offline leeku

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:09:53 »
@ccc24
Oh, the through hole for switch leg is 1.5mm
There is 2.4mm thick space between pcb and bottom.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 19:08:02 by leeku »

Offline leeku

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 18:11:19 »

Yep, LZ CP and Compact SQ are the same layout. :)

I would be getting a Compact SQ for sure if I didn't already have a CP. That said, I might still pick up a Compact SQ as a gift for someone.

This is one of the best layouts out there, and at this price point, it's really a no-brainer to me.

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome!!! Karura.

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 20:08:37 »
Can someone tell me a little bit more about this PCB.

If i get in-switch LEDs can i turn them off or have the ability to dim them? Same question for the RGB LEDs, and will i be able to change them to a colour of my choosing or will they change by themselves?

If i get the assemble service will the keys me mapped or will i have to do that in the Jigon software?

Thanks. This is my first Custom, so I have questions. Don't hate me =(
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline leeku

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 20:29:48 »
There is a GUI for mapping and setting.
You can see which is able and not able.
1. There are two blocks of inswitch LED(WASD&Arrow and others) each block can set by different effect(dimming, on, off, blinking, etc..)
2. RGB color is changeable of course.

Currently this tool is on http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=2702787

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 22:00:31 »
There is a GUI for mapping and setting.
You can see which is able and not able.
1. There are two blocks of inswitch LED(WASD&Arrow and others) each block can set by different effect(dimming, on, off, blinking, etc..)
2. RGB color is changeable of course.

Currently this tool is on http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=2702787

Thanks, I played with the software, seems to make sense. I'll have to figure out the lighting options but that will come over time. I'll mess up the key maping in the beginning but ill figure it out by trial and error (mainly the top and bottom rows). I'm sure everyone has some errors from time to time....maybe?

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 01:43:03 »
yeah I think that it will come flashed with the default layout..but leeku did say he was going to release a guide in English because looking at the mapping tool i'm a little confused as well

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:42:47 »
yeah I think that it will come flashed with the default layout..but leeku did say he was going to release a guide in English because looking at the mapping tool i'm a little confused as well

Which means I'm in. Now i have to figure out what options I want. maybe Alu top and "feet" with acrylic mid and bottom.

Offline Dansor

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:58:15 »
So, this board supports a split spacebar layout.
If I'm not going to use that layout, is there anything preventing me from manually wiring up a couple low profile buttons, mounting them somewhere on the case (probably the front), and using them as function or layer shift buttons?

I don't think that should pose much problem, as the mapping software should handle it.

Edit:  A better question - Do the two different switch locations for the spacebar trigger different scancodes/button presses, or do they both trigger the same spacebar press.  It's hard to see in the pics exactly how the traces are run.  If I'm using a standard winkey layout, that would give me spots to wire up two extra buttons.  I plan on mounting two 1u buttons where the backspace key is, and two where the numpad+ is, but it appears the numpad enter may also provide an extra location.  Also, using an ANSI layout, the extra button location to support as ASCII layout may provide the same opportunity.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue in regards to this board?
I suppose what I am really asking is, ignoring the space required for various switches and keys, how many imaginary, zero-volume discrete switches could this PCB really support? :)

THANKS!!!!
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2015, 10:14:32 by Dansor »

Offline benjammin

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:26:49 »
I did see on the order form that the assembly service will include Gateron blacks. Are there any other switch options? Or if I wanted to have different switches, would I have to do the assembly myself?
Ducky Shine 4- MX Reds | Tesoro Excalibur Spectrum- Kailh Browns

Offline leeku

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:28:28 »
I did see on the order form that the assembly service will include Gateron blacks. Are there any other switch options? Or if I wanted to have different switches, would I have to do the assembly myself?

I don't have many switches on hand. But you can comment your request like "want brown lubed but use linear gatron if you don't have" I will send you a proper invoice in my capacity.

Offline leeku

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:41:19 »

Yes, you can. Some keys work independantly and others are not.
The key next to left shift is another switch. And the two split space(shift caps) use two other switches.
However, left ctrl and alt share with 1.5x and 1.25
Which means you can wire from the next key from left shift or two split space bar but you can not wire from 1.25x ctrl point although you use 1.5x ctrl.
So, this board supports a split spacebar layout.
If I'm not going to use that layout, is there anything preventing me from manually wiring up a couple low profile buttons, mounting them somewhere on the case (probably the front), and using them as function or layer shift buttons?

I don't think that should pose much problem, as the mapping software should handle it.

Edit:  A better question - Do the two different switch locations for the spacebar trigger different scancodes/button presses, or do they both trigger the same spacebar press.  It's hard to see in the pics exactly how the traces are run.  If I'm using a standard winkey layout, that would give me spots to wire up two extra buttons.  I plan on mounting two 1u buttons where the backspace key is, and two where the numpad+ is, but it appears the numpad enter may also provide an extra location.  Also, using an ANSI layout, the extra button location to support as ASCII layout may provide the same opportunity.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue in regards to this board?
I suppose what I am really asking is, ignoring the space required for various switches and keys, how many imaginary, zero-volume discrete switches could this PCB really support? :)

THANKS!!!!

Yes, you can use tye leftover point except ctrl, alt keys.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 09:44:47 »
Joined! cant wait to tackle this project!

Offline Dansor

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:03:08 »

Yes, you can. Some keys work independantly and others are not.
The key next to left shift is another switch. And the two split space(shift caps) use two other switches.
However, left ctrl and alt share with 1.5x and 1.25
Which means you can wire from the next key from left shift or two split space bar but you can not wire from 1.25x ctrl point although you use 1.5x ctrl.

Yes, you can use tye leftover point except ctrl, alt keys.

Very cool, thanks for all the info.
I am SO psyched for this board.

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:48:26 »
Ordered...Went all out. First Custom I don't want to say I wish I got.....

After reading about how smooth the Gateron 60g Stock were I figured I would give them a try. If I REALLY don't like them then I'll have someone from my local area change the switches for me. I have Stock MX Blacks on a keyboard at home and cant use it. the MX blacks feel more like 80g then anything. My figures would get so tired. Some times when I rest my fingers on my browns I end up pressing the keys. Right now I'm tying on a Membrane keyboard, at work, so it has to change.

Offline kiwi24x

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 18:39:26 »
Ordered...Went all out. First Custom I don't want to say I wish I got.....

After reading about how smooth the Gateron 60g Stock were I figured I would give them a try. If I REALLY don't like them then I'll have someone from my local area change the switches for me. I have Stock MX Blacks on a keyboard at home and cant use it. the MX blacks feel more like 80g then anything. My figures would get so tired. Some times when I rest my fingers on my browns I end up pressing the keys. Right now I'm tying on a Membrane keyboard, at work, so it has to change.
Same with me. I don't like blacks either since they are too heavy, but I get accidental presses with the lighter switches... It's not that bad tho; I like browns despite this whether it becherry or gateron . I just don't like clicky.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 21:02:30 »
Wow this looks really amazing and at a pretty stellar price point to boot 8) Thank you meiosis and leeku for putting this together for all of us who have missed out on the recent 1800 TBs !!

I have a a few questions mainly concerning the flex in the acrylic casing and how the steel plate and or aluminum skin affects this. If the flex was not terrible I would be interested in giving a full acrylic option a go. In not a huge fan of steel plates on cherry boards but if it was enough to firm up the board I would give it a whirl and my last ditch option would be the aluminum skins but again I'm not terribly keen on the polished look !!! 
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 21:14:04 »
Ordered a full acrylic board
Love the flex of the case when i bottom it, feels much better to me

May I know around when it will be shipped to us?

Offline leeku

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 22:26:59 »
Ordered a full acrylic board
Love the flex of the case when i bottom it, feels much better to me

May I know around when it will be shipped to us?

You can receive it in buy this year hopefully. ;)

Offline leeku

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 22:33:41 »
Wow this looks really amazing and at a pretty stellar price point to boot 8) Thank you meiosis and leeku for putting this together for all of us who have missed out on the recent 1800 TBs !!

I have a a few questions mainly concerning the flex in the acrylic casing and how the steel plate and or aluminum skin affects this. If the flex was not terrible I would be interested in giving a full acrylic option a go. In not a huge fan of steel plates on cherry boards but if it was enough to firm up the board I would give it a whirl and my last ditch option would be the aluminum skins but again I'm not terribly keen on the polished look !!! 

Do you mean the "flex" as the banding problem in Acrylic case? or a tension of plat?
This case is not very flexible despite acrylic case. It is firm enough only with full acrylic option.:)
I hope this is an answer. :)

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 02:00:40 »
All paid, on a side note, the Canadian dollar really sucks....maybe that's a good thing because if it ever got to $1.15 US again I would make it rain.

Offline Dee1

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 10:21:47 »
If I buy the alu feet, do I still get the acrylic feet as well? Or does it replace them? :)

Offline leeku

« Reply #133 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 19:44:44 »
If I buy the alu feet, do I still get the acrylic feet as well? Or does it replace them? :)

You will get Acrylic feet as well.

Offline leeku

« Reply #134 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:17:20 »
Here are some update. :)
Alu skin & steel plate.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #135 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:24:59 »
Alu skin & steel plate.
omgasm

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:27:08 »
Alu skin & steel plate.
Show Image

What is this, an LZ Compact Compact?  :))
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:42:42 by FrostyToast »
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline leeku

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 22:05:00 »
It is not the LZCP but CPSQ, which I am getting order.
Both use the L3Compact PCB but pactical version. :)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #138 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 22:41:04 »
It is not the LZCP but CPSQ, which I am getting order.
Both use the L3Compact PCB but pactical version. :)

I personally don't like 75% but I think that's an interesting take.
I heard about something named the SQ from some friends, now I know what they're talking about  :p

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:02:01 »
i check the form. and.... what is this "How much do you need to pay? (Include shipping 25$)"

i want to order for basic option. Total 60 + 10 + 30 + 10 + 10 + 25  = 145 USD

should i fill "145" ??? or "1"

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #140 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:03:56 »
i check the form. and.... what is this "How much do you need to pay? (Include shipping 25$)"

Add it all up.
You can blame me if you end up ordering 145 Compacts.
Though, you can also thank me once you start up your own store  :p

Offline leeku

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:18:15 »

145, it's just a remind how much will you pay for all the options.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 23:29:57 »

Add it all up.
You can blame me if you end up ordering 145 Compacts.
Though, you can also thank me once you start up your own store  :p

that idea was amazing but i should sell my organ to do that :))

145, it's just a remind how much will you pay for all the options.

can i order additional cherry stab for standard ansi layout?
i will mention it in assembly option for additional stab.
then how much i should remind you for "how much do you need to pay?" option?

:thumb:

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:15:39 »
I pm'd leeku about changing my plastic top to an alu one.  Thanks

Offline Rodgaroon

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:27:01 »
I'm happy I went all out the the Alu step, it got up there in price quickly but i plan on having this for a very long time. My Granite R2 is ready and waiting. Miani is going on my poker.

Offline leeku

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:46:21 »
+10$ for stabilizer. 155 total.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:54:13 »
I may want the feet too sorry...

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 04:32:26 »
Do I have to solder on the RGB case led?

No, you don't have to. RGB will be soldered. All you need to solder is switches & switch side LEDs(only if you want to)

I'm down for this but I'm a little confused by the RGB bottom LEDs. Are those the "Indicator LEDs" on the order form? So in the Assembly box I would write: "Need stabilizers and bottom LEDs installed." correct? I'll be soldering my own switches in.

Offline leeku

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 05:38:11 »
Yes you can write stabilizer but don't need to write Bottom LEDs its already installed from the factory. It means, switchs and 3 indicators are only needed to be soldered by yourself.

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 06:59:17 »
Yes you can write stabilizer but don't need to write Bottom LEDs its already installed from the factory. It means, switchs and 3 indicators are only needed to be soldered by yourself.

Oh awesome! That makes it easier. But that leads to another question.. What are the indicator LEDs? Are they the three right where the USB connects? What exactly do they indicate?