Author Topic: 7.1 surround audio key feedback aka thunderous typing :P  (Read 1551 times)

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

7.1 surround audio key feedback aka thunderous typing :P
« on: Mon, 11 October 2010, 20:50:06 »
Lol, I caught myself wondering what was making the clear, crisp enters, backspaces etc. (less so normal keys) on a scissor keyboard I was typing on (my M doesn't "support" some of the home/end key combos and especially so with the right shift and I have a project that requires really fast sound editing of the kind where home and end are your best friends).

I figured the text editor wouldn't play any sound of its own volition and not really the OS either, not in normal text editing situations. I finally realised the microphone input somehow managed to get on the sound mixer's playlist when I had CMSS enabled with stereo/surround in half and stereo Xpand.

Naturally, using other settings will give louder, clearer etc. typing echo, especially if you crank up the surround and use some EAX preset like stone caverns or what. So you can finally hear the magnificent CLACK-CLACK of your Model M reverberating throughout a cavern, oh joy. :P To the neighbours, especially. :P If you have the optical cable, you can probably pull off something even better with all the DTS and Dolby and whatnot. :P I won't tell you what you can do if you have a big subwoofer and are willing to redirect. :P

Edit: Just posted in the audio clips forum. :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 October 2010, 21:09:43 by NewbieOneKenobi »