Author Topic: Budget switches with a soft bottom out  (Read 1605 times)

Offline ClaireAbitbol

Budget switches with a soft bottom out
« on: Thu, 30 November 2023, 02:48:04 »
I was trying the sample switches I got and found the Feker Aphonia really nice, it's mostly the very soft and cushioned bottom out feel that I think I liked, though I don't really care about having silent switches and it did feel like it needed some better lubing as it wasn't really that smooth.

Does anyone have any recommendations for medium weight linear or tactile switches that have that sort of cushioned bottom out and feel smooth out of the box? Preferably under 50€ for 90pcs.

Offline Exquite

• GeekAnubis
Re: Budget switches with a soft bottom out
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 November 2023, 09:19:55 »
Maybe banana splits or some akko switches like cream blue or cream yellow, snow blue grey. Those are very light switches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a Color lover and a designer.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 30 November 2023, 20:34:36 »
First, I would recommend swapping out the springs with a aftermarket spring like tx, they are much better and you can cater the spring weight to your liking.

For recommendations, maybe the haimu silents could be a good option for you
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline ClaireAbitbol

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 December 2023, 06:24:55 »
Maybe banana splits or some akko switches like cream blue or cream yellow, snow blue grey. Those are very light switches
The Akko cream switches seem nice but not sure it's what I'm looking for, still seem like really good switches and I'll consider buying some in the future.

First, I would recommend swapping out the springs with a aftermarket spring like tx, they are much better and you can cater the spring weight to your liking.

For recommendations, maybe the haimu silents could be a good option for you
Completely forgot swapping the spring was a thing, didn't really feel like modding switches but this is pretty helpful and I'll consider doing that when I have more experience with different switches.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 December 2023, 10:21:28 »
Gateron Silent clears feel nice to type on. 90x 39 Euro's shipped trough Aliexpress.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 10 December 2023, 22:48:01 »
I was trying the sample switches I got and found the Feker Aphonia really nice, it's mostly the very soft and cushioned bottom out feel that I think I liked, though I don't really care about having silent switches and it did feel like it needed some better lubing as it wasn't really that smooth.

Does anyone have any recommendations for medium weight linear or tactile switches that have that sort of cushioned bottom out and feel smooth out of the box? Preferably under 50€ for 90pcs.

KTT Mallo is soft in-general. It's probably 'medium-weight' when using the stock 67 G spring option. [But you need to at least lube the leaf-area + spring to reduce extraneous sounds.]

SP Star Meteor Orange is a fairly mellow light-tactile that is at pretty light weights by the time it has been pushed down.

I found that the spring weight of Gateron Pink gave a nice experience. Maybe you can find out about that spring, and use something similar in a linear.

It seems to me that Momoka Frog and WS Yellow linear are worth investigating as mellow linears, as well.

Some of the more reasonable long-poles are Naevy 1.5, lubed Blueberry Chiffon V2, and especially MODE Tomorrow.

BTW Silent switches will often be very soft (and mushy) at bottom-out. Especially Aliaz. And Bobagum.

Offline ClaireAbitbol

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 05:32:12 »
BTW Silent switches will often be very soft (and mushy) at bottom-out. Especially Aliaz. And Bobagum.
Yeah from the few sample switches that I got all the silent ones felt pretty soft, makes sense since the bottom out is probably what makes the most sound at least in a linear switch.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 18:34:17 »
Yeah from the few sample switches that I got all the silent ones felt pretty soft, makes sense since the bottom out is probably what makes the most sound at least in a linear switch.

I can tell you that Gateron silent switches don't feel mushy they have a very firm bottom out compared to Cherry silent switches.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020