Author Topic: How do you find Keyboard Case/Kit and Keycaps?  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Kernuls

How do you find Keyboard Case/Kit and Keycaps?
« on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 06:53:30 »
Hi guys, a question, I wanted to know, how do you find keyboard and Keycap cases/kits? Do you use a list/site? I used to use keeb-finder.com, but I was told it's outdated, so I wanted to figure out what the other ways are... Thanks so much

Offline nomodeset

Re: How do you find Keyboard Case/Kit and Keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 06:56:12 »
Moet of the time I just frequent discord servers. Especially in the Netherlands the community is mega helpful. Yesterday the lot helped me to find a nice matching keycap set for my green mode envoy. You could also try to find more shops and subscribe to their newsletters and update lists!

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 08:19:32 »
Discord. theres pretty much a server for every region, brand, manu, switch niche (Topre, Alps, Low Profile, etc), and even form factors like the 40% discord server
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Kernuls

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 15:20:58 »
Discord. theres pretty much a server for every region, brand, manu, switch niche (Topre, Alps, Low Profile, etc), and even form factors like the 40% discord server
Hi, ok, how do you find these discord servers?

Offline nomodeset

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 23:23:00 »
This might also help! It’s an international vendor list. As for discord servers I just googled my country and mechanical keyboard discord. Pretty much found a server within minutes!

https://www.alexotos.com/keyboard-vendor-list/

Offline Tseg

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 February 2024, 07:42:10 »
Google it.   After some online and You Tube browsing I realized I wanted a discontinued Heavy Grail HHKB board… my Google Search turned up this board in the 2nd hand market on PoshMark, of all places, a female used goods fashion site.  I now have the board, and it is awesome.  I then realized I wanted all white Topre key caps, I ordered a blank set from the Fujitsu manufacturer, but I also wanted a printed set and they were sold out.  I then found a new set on eBay, so they are en route to me from Japan.  In summary, web searches are a great way to track down what you want/need across a variety of sites quickly and cost effectively.