Author Topic: Blue and Golden Xarmor  (Read 4923 times)

Offline The Solutor

Blue and Golden Xarmor
« on: Sun, 22 May 2011, 15:02:07 »
After the beige/ergoclears mod http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?17357-U9BL-Beige-edition-(clear-switches-brown-springs)&highlight=beige+edition

I decided to experiment a little with retroillumination.

My idea was to have a yellow backlight with orange modifiers.

BTW the yellow led I get were more amber than yellow, and were also not to good on beam shape.

So the end result was not too good

So I decided for the plan be, which involves the warm white LEDs.

Again I intended to use warm white for alphabets and cold white for modifiers, unluckily the cold white I got had a slightly different VF so to mix them with warm  was impossible w/o cutting and pasting PCB lines (and I'm too lazy to do it).

At the end blue and golden leds were used and the final result is really nice IMHO.

The images are crappy photos but you should get the idea.

I used the color scheme present on model m, but maybe I'll do some further variations.

Warm leds i got are very cheap (less than 10 euro for 100) but very good, they are even, with a good beam shape, and they can be mixed with blue, green and acqua leds w/o the need of separate lines and resistors.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline The Solutor

Blue and Golden Xarmor
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 May 2011, 07:36:54 »
Nice.

56 views, zero comments.

Looks like you are all scared by ripster....:happy:
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline Zet

Blue and Golden Xarmor
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 22:17:01 »
amasing mod dude, great job!
When/If I get the chance to get a backlight keyboard, and with a little help from my friends, I'll surely try something like this!

Offline The Solutor

Blue and Golden Xarmor
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 14:39:39 »
New experiment....

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Blue and Golden Xarmor
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 15:25:13 »
Looks nice!

Offline svartalheim

Blue and Golden Xarmor
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 November 2011, 11:17:04 »
wow; i'm very impressed by the job you did on the back-lighting ^^ !!!!! i wonder how would the result be with red leds,where can i get those leds,and except the major time spent on it,is it possible to do for a newbie?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Blue and Golden Xarmor
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 November 2011, 08:45:36 »
The red LED for the Esc was a very nice touch. I would have put switches in to allow it to switch on just my WASD cluster or whatever I needed, but that would require major trace cutting etc.