Author Topic: New member needs new keyboard  (Read 1670 times)

Offline kentalish

New member needs new keyboard
« on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 03:19:58 »
Hey there I am new here found this super duper site while looking for keyboards.

I know barely anything about keyboards but I do need a new one... right now I have a logitech g-15 and i think it is time for an upgrade

I don't have any places or friends to ask to try their mechanical keyboards so I thought I would ask you guys

I play all sorts of video games from fps to rts to mmos... and basically I am at my computer all day so I would like a nice keyboard that is reliable.

TBH I was going to just buy 2 qsenns and make a checkerboard... but after seeing this site I don't know anymore and I would like advice from people who know what they are talking about

Thank you

Offline Reason

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 03:24:19 »
qsenn is awesome!! I've gone through several mechanical keyboards recently but I am absolutely in love with the Qsenn DT35 :)
You won't be disappointed!

Offline 0mgVitaminE

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 03:40:15 »
bisu-style checkerboard.  I like it

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 04:46:31 »
check out wasdkeyboards.com since you were looking for custom caps

Offline kentalish

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 15:40:36 »
I saw that site and I am tempted.... since I cant seem to find a place that will ship filco to canada

Offline sordna

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 16:07:40 »
For a regular-size keyboard, WASDkeyboards has the same switch selection (except the MX reds), same layout, same keycap material (ABS), and same stabilizers as a Filco, so a WASD should perform and feel like a Filco, with the added bonus of keycap customization and a lower price. It's a better deal IMO, plus the guy running the company is a Geekhacker so you'll get great support :-)

http://geekhack.org/forumdisplay.php?83-WASD-Keyboards
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 19:36:38 »
dont forget there is that 10% discount for GeekHackers right now

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 22:49:49 »
See if you have any people from here near you that would let you try their boards. It would save you from doing any collecting.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline Spinsle McGee

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 July 2011, 23:06:01 »
Quote from: False_Dmitry_II;389734
See if you have any people from here near you that would let you try their boards. It would save you from doing any collecting.

But collecting is half of the fun!
Keyboards: Leopold Tenkeyless, Steelseries 6Gv2, Wants an IBM Model M
Mice: Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, Razer Deathadder

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 30 July 2011, 00:23:17 »
I guess, but I end up cycling between a bunch of boards that I like all of. There are none that I would toss the rest in favor of using exclusively.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)