Author Topic: Post your Milestone posts here  (Read 752956 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: Post your Milestone posts here
« Reply #3700 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 21:42:28 »

Show Image

Congratulations :)

I believe you qualify for a black star now, will you be upgrading?

I'd like to, but wonder how I can get a custom phrase also, do you know how?

Ask a mod! Hoffman is usually around to help :)

Thank you. Why are you wearing those shark heads?

Well myself, this has been my avatar for almost four years(since I joined).
Many things have happened in that time, including a church. This past weekend we had a huge shark weekend for fun and a little giveaway. The response and creativity of everyone has been amazing :)

I see, what kind of church is that?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3701 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 21:44:51 »

Show Image

Congratulations :)

I believe you qualify for a black star now, will you be upgrading?

I'd like to, but wonder how I can get a custom phrase also, do you know how?

Ask a mod! Hoffman is usually around to help :)

Thank you. Why are you wearing those shark heads?

Well myself, this has been my avatar for almost four years(since I joined).
Many things have happened in that time, including a church. This past weekend we had a huge shark weekend for fun and a little giveaway. The response and creativity of everyone has been amazing :)

I see, what kind of church is that?

A silly one :)

The Church Of Halverson
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42336

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3702 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 21:52:03 »
ideus' star is now as black as my soul  >:D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3703 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 21:59:10 »

Wow!, thank you Hoff, you are always vigilant.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3704 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 22:17:36 »

That was quick!

Again.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3705 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 01:31:05 »
I still want a cookie instead of a star.  Maybe when I hit 10k I will be blessed with a cookie.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3706 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 01:40:49 »

That was quick!

Again.

Hoff has eyes everywhere

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3707 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 03:07:39 »
I still want a cookie instead of a star.  Maybe when I hit 10k I will be blessed with a cookie.

No-one else was.

Or a slice of cake.

Or a GH star (black, grey, orange).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3708 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 06:18:09 »

I'm not promising anything, but something like this is still on the back burner. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3709 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 06:36:25 »

No-one else was.

Or a slice of cake.

Don't forget the pie.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3710 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 18:33:44 »

No-one else was.

Or a slice of cake.

Don't forget the pie.

The pie is a lie!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3711 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 18:38:42 »
Ya'll can call me Sixfo the 6god cuz we 6k
I love Elzy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3712 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 18:38:45 »
i havent gotten in trouble in a bit.

personal record

5999 scrub
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3713 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 18:39:35 »

personal record

5999 scrub

check again
I love Elzy

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3714 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 18:41:11 »

personal record

5999 scrub

check again

No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3715 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 19:16:21 »

Very congratulate :D

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #3716 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 21:05:08 »
ok since they moved some of my posts to offtopic (giveaway)

HERE WE ARE AGAIN 6K 6GOD
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3717 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 01:04:33 »
ok since they moved some of my posts to offtopic (giveaway)

HERE WE ARE AGAIN 6K 6GOD

Such congratulate (again?)! :D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3718 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 10:26:53 »
Half the way to 2000!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3719 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 11:23:06 »
Half the way to 2000!

More like 3/4ths of the way to 2000. :p
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3720 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 12:09:18 »
Half the way to 2000!

More like 3/4ths of the way to 2000.

Gah! How did I fudge that up?!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3721 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 23:48:47 »
Lucky number 888, on my way to enlightenment!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3722 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 03:03:06 »
Half the way to 2000!

Half way between 100 and 1500 - congrats :)

You Asian?  Very lucky indeed - grats :)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3723 on: Sun, 27 December 2015, 11:46:55 »

You Asian?  Very lucky indeed - grats :)
[/quote]

Haha no I am not, I'm so white that I'm pretty sure I'm translucent. When I get any sun I just get really burnt and then after that end up whiter than what I was before. :p

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #3724 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 13:20:48 »
 I recently got 42 posts. Do I get my geekhack towel now? Or can I get a Babel fish instead? (hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy reference  :thumb:)
Yoda grammar best has

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3725 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 17:11:44 »
I recently got 42 posts. Do I get my geekhack towel now? Or can I get a Babel fish instead? (hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy reference  :thumb:)

Says the person with a Tardis in his avatar ;)

Grats - now you have to work out what the question is.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #3726 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 07:28:02 »
I didn't even realize it, but I hit a thousand. :D 

Very cool because I didn't even notice it--time flies when you're having fun!  :thumb:

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3727 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 07:30:14 »
lol 200. I'm still a baby. One day i'll grow up into a full grown rowdy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3728 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 07:49:43 »

You want to live to be 800 years old?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #3729 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 08:12:19 »

A modern Noah?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3730 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 16:46:06 »

Very cool because I didn't even notice it--time flies when you're having fun!  :thumb:

Congrats :)  Nice star too!

Grats - 20% the way to enlightenment.  You sure you want to be a rowdy?  Anyway, who says I'm grown up? :p

A modern Noah?

An interesting observation - not many people would associate Noah with longevity, more like with lots and lots of water.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3731 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 17:00:28 »

Congrats :)  Nice star too!

Grats - 20% the way to enlightenment.  You sure you want to be a rowdy?  Anyway, who says I'm grown up? :p

A modern Noah?

An interesting observation - not many people would associate Noah with longevity, more like with lots and lots of water.

How 'bout Methuselah?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3732 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 18:44:26 »

I ****ing love this platform and everything around it (apart from those failed GBs).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3733 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 19:59:47 »

I ****ing love this platform and everything around it (apart from those failed GBs).

Congrats :)

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #3734 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 20:22:38 »

Speaking of avatars, why do you keep changing yours?
Yoda grammar best has

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3735 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 20:40:22 »

He's back with his original Avatar now.  (Drunken Skull)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3736 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 22:10:37 »

Recently?

I changed for Shark Week.

When I went to change back I realise I had lost my original avatars.

Snowdog993 was kind enough to provide one of my yellow Skull, but during the meanwhile I found a couple of the older ones at work.

I'm just rotating through them again, reliving the old times :)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3737 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 06:23:59 »
I changed for Shark Week.
So thaaaaats what all the sharks were about!!  I was completely lost, lol.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3738 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 16:14:28 »

What a road it's been, a great way to start off the new year. Here's to another 1000, hoping to start a few projects myself and be able to help out the community even more. Cheers :thumb:

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3739 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 22:44:58 »
Congrats!  Welcome to the millenial club!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3740 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 22:51:18 »
Congrats!  Welcome to the millenial club!

Thank you very much, glad to be apart of it. :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3741 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:07:32 »
Show Image

What a road it's been, a great way to start off the new year. Here's to another 1000, hoping to start a few projects myself and be able to help out the community even more. Cheers :thumb:

Very congratulate! :D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #3742 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:54:30 »
It's Jan 2 and I'm not dead, hurray

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3743 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 04:58:48 »
It's Jan 2 and I'm not dead, hurray

Congratulation!!1!

Hooray!11

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3744 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 03:30:18 »
I'm a quarter of my way there. 😂

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3745 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 04:07:21 »

Congratulations!

This is not a race ;)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3746 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 05:07:52 »

Congratulations!

This is not a race ;)

It isn't! I'm having too much fun though. ;D

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3747 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 08:34:19 »
In the race to have fun, you're doing well then! ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3748 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 18:48:50 »

In the race to have fun, you're doing well then! ;)

Who's having the most fun?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3749 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 13:03:12 »
1's across the board, maybe I'll reach 2k before Hoff gets home and can give me my star. :p

Not saying that I'm trying to race for it either, I don't really care about the post count but just trying to contribute to conversations and help out others. :thumb: