Author Topic: Apple Mouse Review  (Read 32730 times)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Re: Apple Mouse Review
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 10:42:59 »
I still have one of these gems if anybody is interested.  All you have to do is pay shipping.   Apparently, people actually pay for these on Ebay.

Awww yea! I have mine.  ;)
Show Image

Ugh. That's a horrible mouse! Those damn things are so hard to use, especially when the ball in them is missing.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 21:08:55 »
Ugh. That's a horrible mouse! Those damn things are so hard to use, especially when the ball in them is missing.

:)) The best part is the lack of a right click!
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 03:13:32 »

:)) The best part is the lack of a right click!

Ctrl-click which, funnily enough, works on a modern Mac with a three button mouse.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 09:31:45 »
I have yet to see a modern Mac that comes with a three-button mouse.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline ShawnMeg

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 16:32:45 »

Is it the same mouse here?
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 June 2014, 16:45:47 by ShawnMeg »

IBM Model F122 X 2 internal Soarer's || IBM Model M122 internal Soarer's || AEK II SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||  AEK M0115 SKCM Orange ALPS click mod external adb_usb converter || AEK M0115 SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 02:29:49 »
The very BEST PowerPC macs ever made were the 8600/300 (stole the 300Mhz card from a 9600 Pro)  :thumb: .

I still have a grand total of 512mb of edo ram sitting in there, working downstairs in the basement as my Hotline server (still).

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 13:28:54 »
The very BEST PowerPC macs ever made were the 8600/300 (stole the 300Mhz card from a 9600 Pro)  :thumb: .

I still have a grand total of 512mb of edo ram sitting in there, working downstairs in the basement as my Hotline server (still).

Glad to hear you still have one running. I've got an old 66Mhz Power Mac hanging around as well...maybe I should resurrect it some day.

Offline Justintoxicated

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 14:29:14 »
How is the tracking?  Any Acceleration? Did you have the sensitivity set properly in the OS?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 15:30:36 »
How is the tracking?  Any Acceleration? Did you have the sensitivity set properly in the OS?

The tracking was terrible. And the only acceleration that this Apple mouse had was when I dropped it in the garbage can. At that time, it accelerated at 32 feet per second, minus air resistance.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 15:46:44 »

The tracking was terrible. And the only acceleration that this Apple mouse had was when I dropped it in the garbage can. At that time, it accelerated at 32 feet per second, minus air resistance.
or 9.82m/s^2
Very busy with studies atm.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 09:27:25 »

or 9.82m/s^2

Depends slightly on latitude.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:02:44 »
This mouse is from the same year as Windows 1.0, so I’m assuming you’re recommending we switch to one of these, right?
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/computinghistory/vaxmate/vaxmate1.html

Or possibly this one instead?

Check out this Reversi action:
(damn, Windows 1.0 reversi apparently has a **** AI player)
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 June 2014, 17:07:08 by jacobolus »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:24:46 »
Any of the mice in your videos would be vastly superior to the piece of garbage from Apple that I was unfortunately subjected to.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 31 July 2014, 12:08:51 »
I just used another Apple pointing device today:

It sucks! When's Apple going to hire somebody with a brain to design their input devices?

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 15:29:08 »
BREAKING NEWS: THE APPLE MOUSE HAS BEEN THROWN IN THE GARBAGE.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 05:27:08 »

How did that make you feel?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 09:18:20 »

How did that make you feel?

IT MADE ME FEEL A LITTLE SAD. BUT I HAVE SINCE RECOVERED EMOTIONALLY.

Offline DrCr4nK

• Yeah, man. I dig that.
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 11:09:32 »
Good review.  Will not purchase apple mouse.   :D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 11:51:26 »
I am glad that Mr. Microsoft Windows has resurrected some of his old posts, recently; otherwise, I had not had the chance to read this extraordinary technical review on the Apple's mouse, and by extension, of Apple's Engineering abilities, that in Job's words, "sucks".

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 13:17:49 »
Good review.  Will not purchase apple mouse.   :D

Good idea.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 21:34:16 »
Show Image

It sucks! When's Apple going to hire somebody with a brain to design their input devices?

Apparently they haven't done this yet because this thing exists...

So if you ever have buyer's remorse about a keyboard, just visit this thread and realize that THOUSANDS have spent $69 on Apple's Magic Mouse, aka the worst mouse Apple has ever released. The gestures are cool for the 5 seconds you can use them until your wrists start to swell up from the horrible ergonomics of this contraption.

Offline gabamnml

• I have no idea what i'm doing
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:17:30 »
Apple mouse always ugly and uncomfortable and fail very quickly. :(

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 15:25:32 »
Show Image

We have to use those at school, or the ones with no right click and scroll wheel at all. Trust me, the new "magic" mouse is really magic. It should be impossible to create a mouse as bad as that one.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 15:27:33 by piemancoder »
Yoda grammar best has

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 00:55:48 »
The gestures are cool for the 5 seconds you can use them until your wrists start to swell up from the horrible ergonomics of this contraption.
'But it looks so elegant' the mac fans say...

That's what happens when you let touchy-feely designers near computer parts.  Idiots.  I miss it when computers didn't look like they had wind tunnel testing.

This is a computer case:

Sucker weighs 45lbs!

Not this:

What's the red light for?  Oh yeah--Stop! Don't buy me!  I never thought I'd need brake lights on my PC...

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 21:56:04 »
This is a computer case:
Show Image

Not this:
Show Image
All of these look like relics of a slow, janky past.

Here’s a computer case (though I prefer mounting it on an articulating arm, rather than Apple’s built-in stand):

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 23:19:47 »
Here’s a computer case (though I prefer mounting it on an articulating arm, rather than Apple’s built-in stand):
Show Image

Looks like something that belongs on a wall--maybe as an art piece that you just stare at.  Lovely mouse--there's a great review of that on here, lol.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 07:15:48 »
This is a computer case:
Show Image

Not this:
Show Image

Show Image

YOU SHOULDN'T USE COMPUTERS LIKE THAT.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 16:05:07 »
This is a computer case:
Show Image

Not this:
Show Image

Show Image

YOU SHOULDN'T USE COMPUTERS LIKE THAT.

What if you install Windows 98 on them?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 11 October 2015, 20:01:55 »
What if you install Windows 98 on them?
Can't be done.  Sata not natively supported under dos.

Offline gabamnml

• I have no idea what i'm doing
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 01:47:32 »
Now just launched the 'Magic Mouse 2' no longer includes standard batteries and works with rechargeable battery.
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MLA02LL/A/magic-mouse-2

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 21:44:38 »
When will the Magic Mouse just work on Magic?  Isn't that misleading if it needs bateries?  Hahahaha...

Offline macdja38

• pvpcraft
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 19:28:47 »
When will the Magic Mouse just work on Magic?  Isn't that misleading if it needs bateries?  Hahahaha...

actually as of a few weeks ago, now you just plugin it in for a half hour and it sucks enough magic out of the wall to last for like a month.

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 22:36:14 »
I was expecting the new magic mouse thingie...lol

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:29:41 »
this is the best thing i've read on this internet website.

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:08:51 »

I was also mislead when I bought 5 Harry Potter wands from Amazon in hopes that I would be able to do magic. Instead, I ended up wasting $100 on twigs with LED lights.  ;D :p JK
Yoda grammar best has

Offline keyboardia1

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 01:14:32 »
Show Image

Apparently they haven't done this yet because this thing exists...

Show Image

So if you ever have buyer's remorse about a keyboard, just visit this thread and realize that THOUSANDS have spent $69 on Apple's Magic Mouse, aka the worst mouse Apple has ever released. The gestures are cool for the 5 seconds you can use them until your wrists start to swell up from the horrible ergonomics of this contraption.

i tried to switch back from the magic mouse to some ergonomic mouse from logitech. i just can't. somehow i got used to that unergonomic thing. granted, it never gave me wrist pain or something like that

Offline internet

• Hello World
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:43:39 »
during the years I guess I collected all the mice, favorite is the clear/smoke Apple Pro mouse
The Internet

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:02:11 »
I think we can all agree that the apple magic mouse is ****. I'm curious however about the magic trackpad. Once upon a time I had to use a macbook for work, and I actually found the touchpad to be much better than on any windows laptop I've tried. So I'm wondering if the desktop equivalent of that, the magic trackpad, is actually any good. President Windows, sir, can I kindly request that you review this device? I'd like to hear your opinion on it. Thanks!

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:46:39 »
I think we can all agree that the apple magic mouse is ****. I'm curious however about the magic trackpad. Once upon a time I had to use a macbook for work, and I actually found the touchpad to be much better than on any windows laptop I've tried. So I'm wondering if the desktop equivalent of that, the magic trackpad, is actually any good. President Windows, sir, can I kindly request that you review this device? I'd like to hear your opinion on it. Thanks!
I'll save you the trouble.  I got RSI in 15m using it at the apple store.  This was v1, but I think the most recent version isn't too much better.  Just a horrible idea that looks pretty.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 17:59:07 »
I'm going to have to lower my review of this Apple mouse to a one star, as I tripped over it today and twisted my ankle.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 19:54:38 »
I'm going to have to lower my review of this Apple mouse to a one star, as I tripped over it today and twisted my ankle.

Isn't that user error though?

Offline KeycapKid

• KEYCAP KID
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 02:18:44 »
It's content like this that keeps me coming back. Great review.

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 17:56:49 »

Isn't that user error though?

NO IT'S NOT. IF CRAPPLE® DIDN'T MAKE THE MOUSE SUCH A PIECE OF GARBAGE, THEN IT WOULD BE IN USE ON MY DESK INSTEAD OF THROWN ON THE FLOOR WHERE USERS CAN TRIP ON IT. THIS DESIGN ASPECTS MAKES CRAPPLE® MICE A SAFETY HAZARD.

WITH THAT IN MIND, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DISPOSE OF ALL CRAPPLE® MICE IN YOUR POSSESSION IMMEDIATELY!