Author Topic: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.  (Read 257903 times)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.
« Reply #600 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:11:59 »
Would it be possible for you to measure the horizontal space between the blocks?  Specifically the distance between the post centers of Tilde and Vol Dn?

I find 1.125" from the center of one 'cross' to the next. Here's a photo.

81792-0

Back to the Big Ass Enter key, where is the switch?  In the same spot as an ISO Enter key?

81794-1
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #601 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:27:51 »
Does anyone want another shot at relegendables? I am thinking of adding them to my upcoming SA GB. I will likely do Rad Hard color, Orange ones, and GLID as well. Be sure to follow my IC for Series II of the Vault 13 SA Row 3 novelty set coming up...

That would conflict with this IC here which is pretty much the same thing...

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have PM's BerzerkerFan about it. If he has a problem, I will withdraw the idea.
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #602 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:33:02 »
Does anyone want another shot at relegendables? I am thinking of adding them to my upcoming SA GB. I will likely do Rad Hard color, Orange ones, and GLID as well. Be sure to follow my IC for Series II of the Vault 13 SA Row 3 novelty set coming up...

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have PM's BerzerkerFan about it. If he has a problem, I will withdraw the idea.

He stated in the thread that if there is enough demand for a specific colour, it would totally be fine to run that as well.
IMO it would be best to polish up that thread and have it gather interest for any and every colour.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #603 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:40:15 »

He stated in the thread that if there is enough demand for a specific colour, it would totally be fine to run that as well.
IMO it would be best to polish up that thread and have it gather interest for any and every colour.

Which thread? Mine or his?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #604 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 10:42:30 »

Which thread? Mine or his?

This was a conversation that went on in his thread
More
I think that something like SA, especially when relegendable is begging for classic colours like black or beige.

In my case, I am not willing to buy 200 black or beige. Still, you have a point. I think people should post the number they want to buy if white, and the number they hope to buy if it's their ideal color.

If a bunch of people come forward and say they'll buy 400 florescent green or 650 brown, I will be more than happy to buy the remaining 100 to meet tipping point even though these colors are not my preferred.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #605 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 11:09:56 »
FrostyToast, he and I are in PM talks about it. Dunno what will come of it. I just want to offer them as companions to the Novelties I create. No biggie either way to me.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #606 on: Wed, 12 November 2014, 11:26:16 »
FrostyToast, he and I are in PM talks about it. Dunno what will come of it. I just want to offer them as companions to the Novelties I create. No biggie either way to me.

Will be looking forward to updates :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #607 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:28:03 »
I didn't read all the posts so far but was the 6-key Dvorak/Colemak Kit not correct?

Offline chrisq

« Reply #608 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 11:50:00 »

Yes, I want this. :thumb:

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #609 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:13:15 »
Can we have another all row 3 group buy (different color). from someone run exactly the way this one was run. Seriously this cannot be the only one ever, I'm hooked on all SA row 3 on 62g clears (no lube) on my ergodox, it's ****ing end game for me.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #610 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:21:55 »
Can we have another all row 3 group buy (different color). from someone run exactly the way this one was run. Seriously this cannot be the only one ever, I'm hooked on all SA row 3 on 62g clears (no lube) on my ergodox, it's ****ing end game for me.

What colors would you want...

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #611 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:29:40 »

What colors would you want...

Something simple that would sell well. white on black or dark grey or navy or whatever uniform like this group buy with the option of individual blanks like this group buy did. Ron really hit it out of the park in the options given on PMK. All row 3 ftw.

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #612 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 20:30:06 »
Did the letter spacing on the right shift issue get any response from SP?
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Data

« Reply #613 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 22:02:37 »
Did the letter spacing on the right shift issue get any response from SP?

Or the "Return" legend issue...  :P

Offline kalrand

« Reply #614 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 22:06:12 »
or the DVORAK kit...
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline maladroid

« Reply #616 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 00:10:13 »
or the orange cursor keys that were supposed to be deep-dish but aren't...

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #617 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 00:16:38 »
With so many issues in this group buy, I am surprised that people aren't more...
NUCLEAR!!!

Offline nomaded

« Reply #618 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 01:47:55 »
or the DVORAK kit...
+1

Here's something interesting I just noticed about the deep dish Dvorak/Colemak kit. It should have been FJUHTN, but we got FGUHTN instead. There are images for both sets on the PMK page.

The interesting thing is this -- the base kit already comes with deep dish F and J keys.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline maladroid

« Reply #619 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 04:54:17 »
The interesting thing is this -- the base kit already comes with deep dish F and J keys.

But the base kit doesn't come with non-deep-dish F and J keys, which is what the ones in the Dvorak/Colemak kit were supposed to be.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #620 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 05:12:31 »
**** is that true? I was thinking of trying out colemak one day and got the deep dish kit. I figured it was correct

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #621 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 06:28:35 »
**** is that true? I was thinking of trying out colemak one day and got the deep dish kit. I figured it was correct

To add to the above, which I have found to also be true with my set, the T in my Dvorak/Colemak kit was not deep dish either.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #622 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 06:31:27 »
SP needs to fix that..... and the shift...  I didn't notice because of qwerty ergodox.  I'm sure they will fix it

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #623 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 07:30:43 »
my set got stuck at german customs :(

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #624 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 08:34:37 »
I have been in constant communications with the top man at SP since our first set was received.  They cannot do anything about German customs, but they are going to sort out the other issues identified.

I will pass along more details when they are certain.

NOTE: Individual order problems should continue to be sent directly to SP.

More when I know more,

- Ron | samwisekoi
Sig auto-typed by my GH36 LH keypad.
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #625 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 10:44:53 »
I have been in constant communications with the top man at SP since our first set was received.  They cannot do anything about German customs, but they are going to sort out the other issues identified.

More when I know more,

- Ron | samwisekoi

Sweet! Thank you for looking after us, Ron!

<Mine are in Finnish customs now, too... No worries, just one last step and they'll be in my hands. >
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline nomaded

« Reply #626 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 11:35:02 »

But the base kit doesn't come with non-deep-dish F and J keys, which is what the ones in the Dvorak/Colemak kit were supposed to be.

D'oh! I should have realized that. Sorry for the brain-o.

Now, I need to check the Dvorak/Colemak kit again. I thought all the keys were deep dish (and supposed be all deep dish, which is obviously wrong).
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad

Offline nomaded

« Reply #627 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 12:35:58 »
In case anyone's interested, I've created an album of my NDG-SA-R3 photos including some macro photos of the SA-R3 relegendables with the P-Touch labels. They're the same photos I posted at http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65598.msg1535780#msg1535780.
Dvorak

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #628 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 20:46:14 »
Today was a green day, with only one small mistake in the order (1.5x blanks instead of 1.25x blanks).

81892-0

(Extras and blanks not pictured.)

Thank you to samwisekoi and Matt3o for the GB, thank you to Elrick for going on and on about them until I had to get a set, and a huge thank you to HoffmanMyster for helping out with the payment :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #629 on: Fri, 14 November 2014, 21:17:02 »

More when I know more,

- Ron | samwisekoi

What are we looking at here?

Some of the fixes?
 - Correctly spaced characters on right shift
 - Return instead of Enter
 - correct size minus symbol
 - non deep dish F and J for non QWERTY
Can't tell what's up with the obelus, equal or multiplication ones

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #630 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 03:51:18 »
it seems some ppl have enter on their "enter" keys and some have return. Myself have a RETURN ISO enter and one ENTER enter, and one speciality ENTER excuse the confuse :) 01 lloks to have have return on his enter key..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #631 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 04:13:31 »
it seems some ppl have enter on their "enter" keys and some have return. Myself have a RETURN ISO enter and one ENTER enter, and one speciality ENTER excuse the confuse :) 01 lloks to have have return on his enter key..

Mine (as I'm sure you saw) has ENTER, but I would have been happy with either.  Numpad Enter says "LINE FEED" :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #632 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 09:51:52 »

Mine (as I'm sure you saw) has ENTER, but I would have been happy with either.  Numpad Enter says "LINE FEED" :))

Numpad Enter is supposed to say "LINE FEED".  Specialty orange Enter should say "ACTIVATE".  Both ANSI and ISO Enter keys should say 'RETURN", but the ANSI one was incorrect.  Dvorak kit should have contained flat F and J keycaps. "SHIFT" keys should have matching legends.  The minus and multiplication legends should match the width of the equals and division legends.

Soon they all will!

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #633 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 10:10:43 »

More when I know more,

- Ron | samwisekoi

What are we looking at here?

Show Image

Some of the fixes?
 - Correctly spaced characters on right shift
 - Return instead of Enter
 - correct size minus symbol
 - non deep dish F and J for non QWERTY
Can't tell what's up with the obelus, equal or multiplication ones

Numpad Enter is supposed to say "LINE FEED".  Specialty orange Enter should say "ACTIVATE".  Both ANSI and ISO Enter keys should say 'RETURN", but the ANSI one was incorrect.  Dvorak kit should have contained flat F and J keycaps. "SHIFT" keys should have matching legends.  The minus and multiplication legends should match the width of the equals and division legends.

Soon they all will!

- Ron | samwisekoi

That explains the pic - thanks!

Offline maladroid

« Reply #634 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 15:01:54 »
The 1.75 SHIFT in the Specialty Kit has the same squished legend as the 2.75 SHIFT in the Base Kit.  Can it be fixed as well?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #635 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 10:56:04 »
The 1.75 SHIFT in the Specialty Kit has the same squished legend as the 2.75 SHIFT in the Base Kit.  Can it be fixed as well?

Oh man, I did not know that.

Maybe?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #636 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:11:05 »
All these keys that are going to be fixed - do we each need to file a claim with PMK for replacement, or will they remake those keys and ship to everyone who ordered?

Or is this planning for a potential R2?

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #637 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:43:39 »
All these keys that are going to be fixed - do we each need to file a claim with PMK for replacement, or will they remake those keys and ship to everyone who ordered?

I am working with SP on a bulk fix for the bulk problems.  I am also being intentionally vague until I have final confirmation.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #638 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 16:05:12 »

I am working with SP on a bulk fix for the bulk problems.  I am also being intentionally vague until I have final confirmation.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Not to pile it on but the legend on my Vault 13 is flat on the back side of the three...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #639 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 19:32:42 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

I'm mainly asking because I reported some wrong keycaps to them, and Bob promised to send out three replacements on Monday.  I really don't want them to keep sending out batches of 3 or 3 keycaps at a time, especially internationally.  If they can combine everything into one shipment, particularly for OS members, that might save them a bit of needless postage cost.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #640 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 21:31:02 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

I'm mainly asking because I reported some wrong keycaps to them, and Bob promised to send out three replacements on Monday.  I really don't want them to keep sending out batches of 3 or 3 keycaps at a time, especially internationally.  If they can combine everything into one shipment, particularly for OS members, that might save them a bit of needless postage cost.

Two words: Quality Control

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 23:07:42 »
Seeing this disaster I don't dare do an SA keycap buy now... just don't have the time and patience to handle such issues.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Data

« Reply #642 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 09:02:16 »
Seeing this disaster I don't dare do an SA keycap buy now... just don't have the time and patience to handle such issues.

Um...  The issues are really minor and SP is handling it with their usual outstanding service.  There are just a few mistakes in production.  My missing N key flew out the door the same day that I reported it to Bob and I had it in my hands by Thursday (from WA to FL).  This has gone pretty smoothly overall, including SP graciously accepting our changes to the GB after it had already started.  There's nothing in this thread that should discourage you.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #643 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 09:56:50 »
Um...  The issues are really minor and SP is handling it with their usual outstanding service.  There are just a few mistakes in production.  My missing N key flew out the door the same day that I reported it to Bob and I had it in my hands by Thursday (from WA to FL).  This has gone pretty smoothly overall, including SP graciously accepting our changes to the GB after it had already started.  There's nothing in this thread that should discourage you.

No thank you. Now that I'm thinking about it, I have bad memories of my CCNG group buy where after waiting 6 months for it, I was forced to sell my set because it came with a missing key that simply couldn't be obtained anywhere. When I sold it (at a loss) I was even forced to sacrifice one of my green relegendables to make up the missing key.

In fact now that pasph and nomaded have introduced me to the wonderful world of Brother Label printers I think that's the route I will try out. It so happens that I have more blank keycaps than anyone on geekhack (probably >2000) and these aren't selling like hotcakes so if I can make my own keycap labels that makes all the sense in the world to me.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Data

« Reply #644 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 10:09:46 »
OK...  It's your choice.  No pressure.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #645 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 10:14:10 »

Well, if this was just a simple "keycaps to match my girlfriend's favorite color" group buy, then there wouldn't be these problems.  Instead, I asked them to go into their 40+ year old archive to find molds that matched the design concept.  And then we asked them to make up some special keycaps that matched OUR vision of the set.

And then they got made and shipped promptly, and replacements to normal kitting errors were also shipped promptly.  Oh, kitting would be easier if this was, again, a simple "keycaps to match my girlfriend's favorite color" group buy, but it isn't, so there are more than usual.  And still they are sorting them out without delay.  They are consolidating shipments where possible, and have been very responsive throughout.

However, leading a group buy of any sort is not for everyone, so make your own choices.  But this one?  This one is a success!

Just my two pence,

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #646 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 10:40:31 »

Well, if this was just a simple "keycaps to match my girlfriend's favorite color" group buy, then there wouldn't be these problems.  Instead, I asked them to go into their 40+ year old archive to find molds that matched the design concept.  And then we asked them to make up some special keycaps that matched OUR vision of the set.

And then they got made and shipped promptly, and replacements to normal kitting errors were also shipped promptly.  Oh, kitting would be easier if this was, again, a simple "keycaps to match my girlfriend's favorite color" group buy, but it isn't, so there are more than usual.  And still they are sorting them out without delay.  They are consolidating shipments where possible, and have been very responsive throughout.

However, leading a group buy of any sort is not for everyone, so make your own choices.  But this one?  This one is a success!

Just my two pence,

- Ron | samwisekoi

Well stated. I concur that SP is on the ball when mistakes are made. I had an issue with my tinitiny single Vault 13 GB and they are addressing in time for Round 2. Course I will now be labeled a SP fanboy, but so what. Can GMK do Polycarb? Mich denke nicht!

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #647 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 10:55:31 »
I'm happy with my set.

The test of a good supplier is not that NO MISTAKES are ever made; the test is how they react when there are problems. And SP always seems to do the right thing.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #648 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 11:10:11 »
I'm happy with my set.

The test of a good supplier is not that NO MISTAKES are ever made; the test is how they react when there are problems. And SP always seems to do the right thing.

+1

Offline Data

« Reply #649 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 12:52:03 »
+2