Author Topic: My DIY Caps  (Read 253689 times)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
Re: My DIY Caps
« Reply #1150 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 18:33:58 »
Tryin to see if putting in a visor works....

Midas Cats  :p
Show Image

Code: [Select]
Midas Cats

Dope!
Cheers!

When the CopyCat sale though?
Maybe this month. Will depend on how my resin cooperates with me  :-\
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1151 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 01:35:19 »
Trying to bring this guy to life again  :rolleyes:

TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #1152 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 11:05:49 »
It's a lovely cast! :D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1153 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 05:40:10 »
And why not - it's a solid design and looks like you've got the double shot parts perfect :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline TonyD

• dtronixs
« Reply #1154 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 04:51:41 »
+1 great looking caps

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1155 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 19:46:46 »
+1 great looking caps

It's a lovely cast! :D

And why not - it's a solid design and looks like you've got the double shot parts perfect :thumb:

Thanks!

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1156 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 19:48:26 »
Mr Cupido

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #1157 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 14:08:57 »
Mr Cupido

Show Image

My inner weeb NEEDS one (or more) of these

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1158 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 06:41:48 »
Bringing back the old designs...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1159 on: Sat, 24 February 2018, 22:00:50 »

Show Image

Love seeing the JS2.0 make a comeback, especially this green colorway.

Any chance of rebooting the JS1.0?

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1160 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 01:17:31 »

Show Image

Sir, yes sir!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1161 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 09:46:40 »

Show Image

Sir, yes sir!
Show Image

Yes!

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1162 on: Sun, 25 February 2018, 11:52:01 »
Some moar...

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1163 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 04:34:21 »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1164 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 05:15:00 »
This thread always makes me laugh - 'DIY Caps', but when you open it you find another 5 shot masterpiece!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline mogo

« Reply #1165 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 09:37:36 »
This thread always makes me laugh - 'DIY Caps', but when you open it you find another 5 shot masterpiece!

True! Maybe it's time to change the thread title to something more descriptive, like "Krytone's Krap Karnival"  :))... wait, on second thought, maybe that much alliteration is a bad idea...  :-X

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1166 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 22:16:27 »

True! Maybe it's time to change the thread title to something more descriptive, like "Krytone's Krap Karnival"  :))... wait, on second thought, maybe that much alliteration is a bad idea...  :-X

omg that is so wrong in so many ways that i wanna do it  :))

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1167 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 22:26:42 »
Some moar skulls...

Offline kgolden

« Reply #1168 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 16:52:12 »
Those skulls are pretty sick.. nice work

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #1169 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 22:30:12 »
I'm diggin those skulls too. I'm quite fond of the illuminated maker logo/signature on the back.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1170 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 22:34:21 »
Some moar skulls...

Show Image

Oh damn. Crowned Skulls getting a nice reboot!

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #1171 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:00:47 »
hi there, i just got a pressure pot and i’m encountering some problem.
i’ve tried casting under pressure 3 times now and for some reason my resin doesn’t want to cure, it just stayed in elastic mode i’ve tried to balance the mixture using scale still the same result. does pressure affect the curing prosess? cause i have the same problem with my silicone curing under pressure, seems that it took longer to cure. i dont know if my silicone and resin is expired  cause i just bought them.
i cant get access to most common type of resin you guys use like smooth-on or alumilite so i just have a non branded d-80 resin and i use rtv silicone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1172 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 20:54:40 »
i’ve tried casting under pressure 3 times now and for some reason my resin doesn’t want to cure, it just stayed in elastic mode i’ve tried to balance the mixture using scale still the same result. does pressure affect the curing prosess? cause i have the same problem with my silicone curing under pressure, seems that it took longer to cure. i dont know if my silicone and resin is expired  cause i just bought them.
i cant get access to most common type of resin you guys use like smooth-on or alumilite so i just have a non branded d-80 resin and i use rtv silicone.

I actually use a local resin and silicone brand here in Malaysia so i dont think that matters. Also, i havent experienced pressure affecting the curing time. What i can guess is that either you dont mix them enough or you use less catalyst/hardener thats why it cures slower. Try to refine those 2 points and see what happens. Else if it still doesnt and you already followed the proper instruction of your resin/silicone, you need to contact your supplier to ask why.

I also used expired resin/silicone and they work just fine. The only difference they have with non-expired materials is that expired ones is more thicker and harder to stir but still usable. Hope that helps and GL.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #1173 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 21:04:37 »

I actually use a local resin and silicone brand here in Malaysia so i dont think that matters. Also, i havent experienced pressure affecting the curing time. What i can guess is that either you dont mix them enough or you use less catalyst/hardener thats why it cures slower. Try to refine those 2 points and see what happens. Else if it still doesnt and you already followed the proper instruction of your resin/silicone, you need to contact your supplier to ask why.

I also used expired resin/silicone and they work just fine. The only difference they have with non-expired materials is that expired ones is more thicker and harder to stir but still usable. Hope that helps and GL.
i use 2 mixing cup to measure the volume which i use over again after i clean ofcourse, i did the same thing with the silicone its easier to clean the cup. is it possible thats the cause? its impossible to clean spotless but i’ve been doing that since the beginning and i’ve had no problem until i try preessure casting. but i’ll try more detailed measuring and mixing, thanks for the reply.

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1174 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 21:16:09 »

i use 2 mixing cup to measure the volume which i use over again after i clean ofcourse, i did the same thing with the silicone its easier to clean the cup. is it possible thats the cause? its impossible to clean spotless but i’ve been doing that since the beginning and i’ve had no problem until i try preessure casting. but i’ll try more detailed measuring and mixing, thanks for the reply.

i use disposable cups for resin and silicone cause cleaning them is a pain and time consuming. Try it with a fresh cups and see if that helps. Also make sure you stir really well. One thing i always notice when transitioning from potless casting to using pressure pot is you got used to careful stirring which is not required already and just have a go at it and dont mind the bubbles since that would go away when being pressured.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #1175 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 21:20:18 »

i use disposable cups for resin and silicone cause cleaning them is a pain and time consuming. Try it with a fresh cups and see if that helps. Also make sure you stir really well. One thing i always notice when transitioning from potless casting to using pressure pot is you got used to careful stirring which is not required already and just have a go at it and dont mind the bubbles since that would go away when being pressured.
ok, will do. thank you so much

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1176 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 05:22:19 »
NSFW random sculpts  :blank:
More

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1177 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 09:46:40 »
More
Show Image

I love it.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1178 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 10:05:39 »
More
Show Image

I love it.

Of course you do

More
More
More
More
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline mogo

« Reply #1179 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 10:18:09 »
More
Show Image

Oh my.  :blank:

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #1180 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 10:22:23 »
More
Show Image
BALLSSS

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1181 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 12:25:25 »

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1182 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 01:06:42 »

Offline Montaberne

« Reply #1183 on: Sat, 12 May 2018, 19:43:06 »
Ok wow. That's awesome! Great work.