Author Topic: Tactile Zine  (Read 737083 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Tactile Fanzine
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 23:33:41 »
I'm afk everyone but I am seeing these posts so don't worry! Will be back soon XD

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 17:09:21 »
I'm afk everyone but I am seeing these posts so don't worry! Will be back soon XD

while you were afk I got a sick sick MST zine in the mail <3  you are the best friend EVER CPT :D
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 09:47:37 »
I got back late last night and I'm going through some PMs and other stuff now everyone. Didn't forget about ya'll and I'm humbled by the support. I was telling a few people I wasn't sure how this would turn out and I really only planned out two or three Volumes accordingly. Glad that I know I can put some more time and effort into it. :D

Also I haven't had the chance to send out the Volume 1 Run 1 yet but I will this week. I'll also work on a Volume 1 Run 2 for everyone else who's said they wanted something. I can always make more so please just let me know if you'd like a copy.

And finally, it would really help me if you clearly stated if you wanted to be on the mailing list or just wanted a copy of a certain Volume. Thanks!

Oh man I can't believe I just saw this.  I'd like to subscribe for sure!

Just realized why this resonates with me so much; I was an avid 2600 reader in the early days and this reminds me soooo much of that!

Edit: and I'd love a copy of No.1 if there's a rerun

Sure. I'll post here when Run 2 is finished and send another PM train out looking for addresses :).

I'm super glad I was able to get in on the first run of the Tactile Fanzine!

Gotta say, I really enjoyed reading it! Print just feels so personal. Thanks so much CPTBadAss for putting this thing together and for spreading the love for DIY!  Can't wait til the next one comes out. :thumb: 

Show Image

^cheesy symbolism about MST being a nice warm place that makes GH so unique and welcoming!?

I'm pretty sure you had a better time reading the zine than I did. It's so romantic in that picture!

Hey cptn
I just found this link in the (what you received in the mail today) thread. I love the idea and as someone new to GH and still a little unsure of my place and how I can better fit in/help contribute things like this are great. It lets people know there's a lot of stuff going on other than artisan sales and SP/GMK key set GB's (not that I don't love those) but I'm more interested in the DIY movement here And in the process of aquiring the things i need (plus reading up all i can on soldering,PCB's,lubing mixtures switch differences etc.)I would love to support this in anyway and thank you for taking the time to birth this project. Please let me know if I can contribute in anyway as I'm really just learning a lot of this myself I wouldn't have much to offer or add to the technical aspects of things but I'd love to be of service!
Sincerely
Sed8(Ashley)

Thanks for the offer to help :). Right now I'm looking for people to contribute writing. Like an article based on the theme of the Volume or perhaps a writeup on a project the person has been working on. I'm also looking for graphics, drawings, doodles, sketches, or anything I can use as cover art.

Other than that, please post here or PM me with ideas of what you'd like to see in the magazine. The general goal is to put a spotlight on the DIY culture and Making Stuff Together sub-forum here on Geekhack and perhaps elsewhere in the keyboarding community. If you see a project you think is cool, let me know.

Deng cpt! I am in love with the magazine idea. As an art student in uni, lmk if you need any graphics done! Id love to help out =)

Sick, thanks for letting me know. You'll be getting a PM shortly :).

I'm all over this with my nostalgia-boner for my old punk fanzines.  A shame I didn't hear about this until now.  I request to be added to the list to receive the next volume of a library photocopied zine which makes abundant use of cut and pasted letters from magazines like some pre-computer ransom letter. 

PM and we can discuss addresses and donations.  We can also discuss reanimating the corpse of Steven Wells and giving it a HHKB to see how often he complains about how they changed where the caps lock was located.

You too will be getting a PM shortly :). And LOL that's pretty much how I'm slapping this together. Someone told me at work that I should just buy all the printers and stuff but they obviously don't get how these zines are supposed to be made....and you do :P

This is a great idea CPT, I'd be really interested in an issue!

It seems like a great way to connect with the community even more, and I love the interviews and themes ideas.

let me in!!! this is a must have for my zine collection!!!

I'll add you two to the list of people who want a copy :).

I would like to subscribe please, PM incoming.

You'll be getting a reply shortly, thanks for being patient.

If you've donated to me, I have found a way to send out my thank yous. It will be coming hopefully soon. I'll get with you soon with some more info.. Thank you so much to Booper, adzhar, FreeCopy, and trizkut for the donations. You will be put on the mailing list and I will make sure I post exactly what I spend your money on. I also plan on buying one of those refillable debit cards and shunting all the donated money onto that card. That way it's not floating around in my Paypal.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 April 2015, 10:08:20 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 10:56:08 »
"Thanks for the offer to help :). Right now I'm looking for people to contribute writing. Like an article based on the theme of the Volume or perhaps a writeup on a project the person has been working on. I'm also looking for graphics, drawings, doodles, sketches, or anything I can use as cover art.
Other than that, please post here or PM me with ideas of what you'd like to see in the magazine. The general goal is to put a spotlight on the DIY culture and Making Stuff Together sub-forum here on Geekhack and perhaps elsewhere in the keyboarding community. If you see a project you think is cool, let me know."

Sweet I have been thinking of writing an article or blog of my experience as a person new to GH and the keyboard enthusiast community. I really am focused on building and modding boards and broadening my horizons with different switch and spring combinations. Maybe I could write a little something on acquiring the materials and things needed to begin your journey as someone interested in building there own keyboard or modding/cleaning/restoring existing boards as well as the resources and where to find them here on GH on on the interwebz. It's just an idea and I am currently waiting on a few things to even get my computer back up and running (hopefully this weekend) but like I said I would love to contribute to this in any way possible! Thanks again Captain and I'm really excited about this its a really great idea and am really excited to watch it get off the ground and hope to eventually be  able to get on the mailing list. :thumb:
Sincerely
Sed8(Ashley)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 11:30:48 »
Just to be clear I would like to subscribe for all of them from the beginning not just receive No. 1.  Sorry I wasn't totally clear before.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:14:06 »
Right now I'm looking for people to contribute writing. Like an article based on the theme of the Volume or perhaps a writeup on a project the person has been working on. I'm also looking for graphics, drawings, doodles, sketches, or anything I can use as cover art.

Other than that, please post here or PM me with ideas of what you'd like to see in the magazine. The general goal is to put a spotlight on the DIY culture and Making Stuff Together sub-forum here on Geekhack and perhaps elsewhere in the keyboarding community.

Suggestion for artwork:  occasionally start sentences with art that can be copied and used on relegendable keys, sort of like how older books had illuminated scripts

I'd like to see how-to articles and guides for design and manufacturing. I recently designed my first custom keyboard and I know very little about the process.  I've been lucky that finances have prevented me from building my board already because, several times, the extra time spent contemplating my design has allowed me to discover mistakes that would have been disastrously costly to the project.  I'm sure there are plenty of mistakes left for me to make and I would like to avoid as many of them as possible.  Articles on topics such as things to consider in the design process or what we should know before shopping around a plate design for estimates from cutters or the advantages and disadvantages of different materials for cases or plates would be extremely helpful.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:18:50 »
Sweet I have been thinking of writing an article or blog of my experience as a person new to GH and the keyboard enthusiast community. I really am focused on building and modding boards and broadening my horizons with different switch and spring combinations. Maybe I could write a little something on acquiring the materials and things needed to begin your journey as someone interested in building there own keyboard or modding/cleaning/restoring existing boards as well as the resources and where to find them here on GH on on the interwebz. It's just an idea and I am currently waiting on a few things to even get my computer back up and running (hopefully this weekend) but like I said I would love to contribute to this in any way possible! Thanks again Captain and I'm really excited about this its a really great idea and am really excited to watch it get off the ground and hope to eventually be  able to get on the mailing list. :thumb:
Sincerely
Sed8(Ashley)

So I've got a few themes planned for the next few Volumes but PM me and we can chat more about what you'd like to write :).

Just to be clear I would like to subscribe for all of them from the beginning not just receive No. 1.  Sorry I wasn't totally clear before.

Got it.

Suggestion for artwork:  occasionally start sentences with art that can be copied and used on relegendable keys, sort of like how older books had illuminated scripts

I'd like to see how-to articles and guides for design and manufacturing. I recently designed my first custom keyboard and I know very little about the process.  I've been lucky that finances have prevented me from building my board already because, several times, the extra time spent contemplating my design has allowed me to discover mistakes that would have been disastrously costly to the project.  I'm sure there are plenty of mistakes left for me to make and I would like to avoid as many of them as possible.  Articles on topics such as things to consider in the design process or what we should know before shopping around a plate design for estimates from cutters or the advantages and disadvantages of different materials for cases or plates would be extremely helpful.

I'm not really looking to make this a supplement for Making Stuff Together. I'm probably not really going to focus on things like How to Build a Keyboard 101 or something along those lines. I think that Making Stuff Together as a sub-forum should have plenty of information on that topic and re-covering that in the zine isn't very helpful. Instead, I wanted to put more focus and showcase different things so for example if Bob is making a new 55% Topre board, it would be cool to interview Bob about his design process....then direct people towards his build log.

If you think you'd like to see a Guide to Custom Keyboard Building thread derezzed and Sed8op8, just make the thread in MST. You don't have to be an expert, just start the thread and add in as much as you can. When I started Simple Questions I knew absolute **** about mechanical keyboards. But it was an organized springboard for me to get started on my knowledge journey.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:23:59 by CPTBadAss »

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:22:51 »
I'm all over this with my nostalgia-boner for my old punk fanzines.  A shame I didn't hear about this until now.  I request to be added to the list to receive the next volume of a library photocopied zine which makes abundant use of cut and pasted letters from magazines like some pre-computer ransom letter. 

PM and we can discuss addresses and donations.  We can also discuss reanimating the corpse of Steven Wells and giving it a HHKB to see how often he complains about how they changed where the caps lock was located.

You too will be getting a PM shortly :). And LOL that's pretty much how I'm slapping this together. Someone told me at work that I should just buy all the printers and stuff but they obviously don't get how these zines are supposed to be made....and you do :P

Perhaps you should adopt a model similar to academic journals for art and text.  You should put a post up with a solicitation for submissions for Upcoming Volume X with Theme Y.  Put constraints on the requirements for the articles (short article 500 words, long article 2000 words, cover art, incidental art).  Have people PM work only, so the content will still be a surprise for people.  Undergo the review process yourself since you are the lead on the project, make sure everything has a cohesive feel to it.  That would encourage this to be a collaborative process. 

If it gets going and it seems like only a handful of people are contributing, make them official guest authors and just send the solicitations to them.  This moves more toward the traditional zine format.  From time to time, bring new authors and artists into the fold with contest submission things. 

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:28:04 »
I've got a few ideas for interviews and articles I'm going to include in the next two to three Volumes. After that...I didn't get that far and I'm not sure I'm ready to be like "oh I would like dedicated submissions". At the moment I'm thinking of themes for each Volume and then fitting the articles to the themes.

That being said, it might be cool to crowdsource articles and see if I could combine the work into a Volume. I'm not really that organized at the moment yet and I'm not sure where I'd like this to go.

Originally I was going to focus on interviews but I've had at least one person offer to post their build log/design process into a Volume so I'm definitely going with that. I'll have to figure out how I'd like to have more people contribute in a way that I'd like to see this go.

Also I think it might make more sense where I'm going with this if you had a copy of Volume 1 in hand. I've sort of defined where I'd like to see this project go in there but it's like I said before: I think there's a great DIY culture on Geekhack and I want to shine a light on it. I would like Tactile to bring attention to Making Stuff Together and the general maker movement here and in the keyboarding community in general. I don't really see this as a supplement to Making Stuff Together with guides on how to fix stuff or how to build stuff.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:33:21 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:38:09 »
Sincerely
Sed8(Ashley)

So I've got a few themes planned for the next few Volumes but PM me and we can chat more about what you'd like to write :).

Got it.

I'm not really looking to make this a supplement for Making Stuff Together. I'm probably not really going to focus on things like How to Build a Keyboard 101 or something along those lines. I think that Making Stuff Together as a sub-forum should have plenty of information on that topic and re-covering that in the zine isn't very helpful. Instead, I wanted to put more focus and showcase different things so for example if Bob is making a new 55% Topre board, it would be cool to interview Bob about his design process....then direct people towards his build log.

If you think you'd like to see a Guide to Custom Keyboard Building thread derezzed and Sed8op8, just make the thread in MST. You don't have to be an expert, just start the thread and add in as much as you can. When I started Simple Questions I knew absolute **** about mechanical keyboards. But it was an organized springboard for me to get started on my knowledge journey.
Sounds great Cptn an hopefully in one of these we get to here you about some alps switches  :p ill be sending you a PM soon and it sounds like you got your next couple volumes locked down. EXCITING stuff !
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:51:09 »
Sounds great Cptn an hopefully in one of these we get to here you about some alps switches  :p ill be sending you a PM soon and it sounds like you got your next couple volumes locked down. EXCITING stuff !

I've been actually considering doing switch-specific Volumes haha. So that might happen.

But I also will be giving a presentation at Keycon. Sort of like a crash course in Alps boards and how a Geekhacker might get into them. I'll be sure to make that presentation publically available and I think there's talk of recording it like my poorly presented presentation on basic metal processing from Keycon last year. I really shouldn't have had so much coffee before public speaking because I was so hyper I couldn't focus :(.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 13:08:31 »

I've been actually considering doing switch-specific Volumes haha. So that might happen.

But I also will be giving a presentation at Keycon. Sort of like a crash course in Alps boards and how a Geekhacker might get into them. I'll be sure to make that presentation publically available and I think there's talk of recording it like my poorly presented presentation on basic metal processing from Keycon last year. I really shouldn't have had so much coffee before public speaking because I was so hyper I couldn't focus :(.
Its still up in the air deoending on specifics but I hopefully will be able to see it in person 8) anyways coffee ha how can you not get excited talking about something you love...  :thumb:

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 13:19:48 »

Fair enough.  I still look forward to reading your zine.  Will you be covering Keycon for Tactile?
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 April 2015, 13:23:31 by derezzed »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 14:04:36 »
I'll probably be giving out a Volume at Keycon and I'm still trying to figure out how if I want to do coverage of Keycon or use it to interview people for future Volumes. Maybe both?

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 14:12:39 »
Also I haven't had the chance to send out the Volume 1 Run 1 yet but I will this week. I'll also work on a Volume 1 Run 2 for everyone else who's said they wanted something. I can always make more so please just let me know if you'd like a copy.
Ooh, can I subscribe?

Awesome project, can’t wait to see how these turn out.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 14:13:53 »
Ooh, can I subscribe?

Awesome project, can’t wait to see how these turn out.

Yup! Added you to the list.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 16:16:32 »
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter mini-zine.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 01:27:00 »
Just to clarify Cpt, I'd love to subscribe to all of the issues!

Thanks for your time and effort in this cool project!

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 16 April 2015, 19:40:37 »
Just a heads up everyone, I didn't forget about this or sending everything out. Been a little hectic in real life land this week. I'll post again when I've got stuff in the mail.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 09:20:46 »
Just a heads up everyone, I didn't forget about this or sending everything out. Been a little hectic in real life land this week. I'll post again when I've got stuff in the mail.

Thanks CPT! :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 21:02:41 »

Working hard to get Vol 1 Run 1 out. Mmmm potato.

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 21:13:40 »
Show Image

Are Drybones and Hello Kitty on the editorial staff?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 21:14:02 »
Are Drybones and Hello Kitty on the editorial staff?

I could ask for no finer help.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 21:14:10 »
Show Image

Thanks for the hard work!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 22:03:41 »
Sweet!  Thank you!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 22:37:31 »
Cpt:
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 22:40:45 »
Cpt:
Show Image

:P

Would you like just a copy of Vol 1? Or would you like a copy and a spot on the mailing list?

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 22:44:04 »
Cpt:
Show Image

:P

Would you like just a copy of Vol 1? Or would you like a copy and a spot on the mailing list?

A copy and a spot on the mailing list would be fantastic, if it's not too much trouble!  I'm really excited to see this continue, and as others have mentioned here, thanks so much for the hard work in putting this together! I can't wait to read what you have so far.  ;D
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 10:17:23 »
I'd like a copy and to be put on the mailing list.. and perhaps a pm of a paypal address so I can donate a little something next payday ;)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 10:35:52 »
A copy and a spot on the mailing list would be fantastic, if it's not too much trouble!  I'm really excited to see this continue, and as others have mentioned here, thanks so much for the hard work in putting this together! I can't wait to read what you have so far.  ;D

I'd like a copy and to be put on the mailing list.. and perhaps a pm of a paypal address so I can donate a little something next payday ;)

Done and done. PM sent.

The majority of Vol 1 Run 1 has been sent out as of this morning. If you're international or engicoder, I still have your copy in hand. Those will go out shortly. I'll print Vol 1 Run 2 this week for those who joined later. Vol 2 is in the works as well :).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 08:57:22 »
Update:

If you've donated money, I've moved all the funds to a non-refillable Visa gift card. I meant to move it to a refillable one but I got confused and Walmart isn't helpful. I will be getting something like a BlueBird card (a refillable debit card thingy) when the gift card runs out so I can continue splitting off the Tactile funds from my own personal PayPal. Thanks again to those who have donated. I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm not trying to pressure anyone. I just want to be clear as to how I'm spending your money.

I am currently working on content for Vol 2 and I'll be printing Vol 1 Run 2 this week.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 April 2015, 09:07:26 by CPTBadAss »

Offline TheMadcap

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 10:38:47 »
Wow, it seems like a solid stuff. I would like to join for the mail list and would be great if I could get a copy of vol1. Btw could you send me info for the donation?

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 12:45:11 »
You could probably get 2 volumes worth of stuff out of keycon. :o

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 14:31:01 »
You could probably get 2 volumes worth of stuff out of keycon. :o

I'm going to try and pull off something cool for Keycon and I'm considering doing keycon coverage of some kind. We'll see how that develops. Got an idea for that too :). I'm sorry I'm terrible at the hype train though so you'll just have to be patient.

Offline alexofthewest

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 15:07:02 »
This is a great idea, Id love a copy as the DIY portion is by far my favorite part of this site also.  Though I would like to plead with you to include condensed guides or ideas into this publication! I feel like guides are so very informative and they are so much nicer to have as physical resources than to only be accessible in an online forum.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 15:09:01 »
Unfortunately I'm still not thinking that a condensed format of any thread in MST is where I want to go with this. I may be able to split the difference in the future if I want to start a website to go with this though.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:21:21 »
New hype train: Richard (****) Harris interview. Inventor of IBM buckling spring.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2015, 09:54:54 by CPTBadAss »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:34:05 »
I don't think I ever got your paypal to help with the costs. 

Looking forward to when it hits my door.  Oh, and still interested in future issues.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:35:52 »
New hype train: **** Harris interview. Inventor of IBM buckling spring.

Richard Harris will get by the ****ing filter.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:55:40 by engicoder »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:44:27 »
Haha

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 17:40:00 »
I don't think I ever got your paypal to help with the costs. 

Looking forward to when it hits my door.  Oh, and still interested in future issues.
Ugh I was hoping they'd be there by now. Sent out a bunch of copies Monday. And I'll get you added to the mailing list.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:27:20 »
Update:

It's been a week since I shipped out the majority of Vol 1 Run 1 so they should be arriving soon.

Didn't get to print Vol 1 Run 2 so that will happen this week

Got replies for Vol 2 so that's coming out soon.

Working on a special Keycon edition that I'll be passing out at Keycon.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:37:18 »
How on earth did I miss this. I want in so bad!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 10:39:36 »
Update:

It's been a week since I shipped out the majority of Vol 1 Run 1 so they should be arriving soon.

Very nice, was I in this shipping batch?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 11:59:42 »
More
Update:

Yes yours went out Thursday. I have no idea how long a letter takes to go from me to you though. Even within the USA, it takes 5-7 days for a letter to travel. Maybe more.

Want a copy of just Vol 1 or on the mailing list or both?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 12:33:41 »
More
Update:

Yes yours went out Thursday. I have no idea how long a letter takes to go from me to you though. Even within the USA, it takes 5-7 days for a letter to travel. Maybe more.

sweet!
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 12:42:17 »
More
Update:

Want a copy of just Vol 1 or on the mailing list or both?

I'd love to get a copy of volume one and on the list. Happy to contribute to production.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:29:26 »
I'd be down to join the mailing list!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 13:56:51 »
I'd be down to join the mailing list!

I'd love to get a copy of volume one and on the list. Happy to contribute to production.

Got it

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 14:58:45 »
Just got mine! I like this, and I hope to see it progress further!