Author Topic: Hi I'm new  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Alt

Hi I'm new
« on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 22:36:15 »
Hi I'm fairly new to mech keyboards. I currently have a Poseidon Z with MX blues and PBT blank caps. Not really knowing much about switches, I went with blues because those seem like they're the most popular. I've put some o rings on them and I really like them. I've also ordered a DK4 pro w/ MX browns for at my office that I'm eagerly awaiting. I am very interested in this scene and will definitely be sticking around and building my collection. Hoping to contribute something someday as well too.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Hi I'm new
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 07:44:31 »
Hi I'm fairly new to mech keyboards. I currently have a Poseidon Z with MX blues and PBT blank caps. Not really knowing much about switches, I went with blues because those seem like they're the most popular. I've put some o rings on them and I really like them. I've also ordered a DK4 pro w/ MX browns for at my office that I'm eagerly awaiting. I am very interested in this scene and will definitely be sticking around and building my collection. Hoping to contribute something someday as well too.

I think you'll really enjoy the browns for office work. I brought my Filco with browns in to work after getting my blue switches (Pok3r), and it's perfect.

Welcome!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 07:59:20 »
Blues are still my favourite, let's see how you go with the browns, they are a good choice for the office like moob said but they are pretty light. Should be tearing up that WPM!
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:33:09 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I also started with MX blues, at least for my first modern mechanical keyboard.  After while I found I prefer stiffer switches.  And noisier switches, but that's another story.  Browns should be a bit more appropriate for a work environment, unless you have particularly tolerant, or perhaps deaf, workmates :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Alt

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:18:46 »
Thanks for the welcome  ;D.

Still waiting on the new keyboard, it was a massdrop buy so still waiting for it to ship. I've been spending way too much time on that site lately...
My WASD switch tester comes in today, though, so I'll finally get to get a feel for some other mx switches. Along with that are some stabilizers, clips and inserts. Hoping I bought the right parts needed to swap my modifier keys out.

Offline just

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 19:22:03 »

enjoy mech-keyboards. i am also newer but have drunk with this
cc is all

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:48:34 »
sup
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 22:40:32 »
Thanks for the welcome  ;D.

Still waiting on the new keyboard, it was a massdrop buy so still waiting for it to ship. I've been spending way too much time on that site lately...
My WASD switch tester comes in today, though, so I'll finally get to get a feel for some other mx switches. Along with that are some stabilizers, clips and inserts. Hoping I bought the right parts needed to swap my modifier keys out.

Ah, Massdrop.

You'll find a lot of patience will serve you well ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline just

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 08:02:08 »
welcome mate
cc is all