Author Topic: Greetings from Portugal  (Read 1353 times)

Offline senso

Greetings from Portugal
« on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 11:04:47 »
Good evening everybody, curiosity brought me here, my name is Tiago(dont try to read it in english, it sounds so bad..), I'm a (future) electronics engineer, currently working and have been typing in my laptop for more than 4 years, like its keyboard(heresy I know), and with all this flashy keyboards and sooo much OSHW/OSS work I want to make a small DIY Keyboard, I know 0 about mechanical keyboards, well not 0, but very little and I hope I can learn and maybe help you guys and girls.

Best regards.

Offline bcredbottle

Re: Greetings from Portugal
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 12:51:54 »
Welcome! What are your favorite keyboards that you've seen so far?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 03:29:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I suggest you start with the recommended reading links.

In particular Simple Questions, Simple Answers which has got lots of links at the start to parts, prices, hints etc., and the The Living Soldering Thread thread, which is full of soldering and construction tips.

Also browse through the area, where other members have posted their build logs.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline senso

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 08:07:45 »
I have no particular model in mind, but I find the TKL's cute, they are small and portable-ish, could throw it into my backpack and carry it along with the laptop, with an integrated LiPo battery and BT would be nice.
Thanks for the links, have a bit to read :)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 08:08:14 »
Seja muto bem vindo amigo!

Se precisar de algum tipo de ajuda, basta falar.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 11:37:36 »
Hey dude, welcome ;) There are some Portuguese members in the forum like Prelim, Malaik0, rddm and yobinad and myself included :) Glad you decided to join the forum and there is also a subforum dedicated to Portuguese language over on Deskthority if you ever want to go and pay a visit ;)

Offline shhbbyisok

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 12:44:36 »
Welcome my Portuguese friend! Rowdy posted some great links for what your gonna be doing, cant wait to see sopme progress shots!
https://www.instagram.com/el_soupo/
Steam - Long-pig Jerky

k70 - MX browns - RGB led - clear caps
poseidon zx - Kahil blues - Blue led - stock caps

Offline senso

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 16:06:31 »
Thanks for the warm welcome.
And for the info, already been looking around some projects, interesting no doubt!
I will also check Deskthority,but can sign in into to many forums, will spend all my time reading and commenting.

One quick doubts, it the verification after the post for everybody or its just a spam/bots protection for low post count?

Best regards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 03:40:17 »
I have no particular model in mind, but I find the TKL's cute, they are small and portable-ish, could throw it into my backpack and carry it along with the laptop, with an integrated LiPo battery and BT would be nice.
Thanks for the links, have a bit to read :)

TKL is a great form factor - all the keys you need, and none you don't!  But if you find yourself really missing a numpad, you can always get a separate one.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
And for the info, already been looking around some projects, interesting no doubt!
I will also check Deskthority,but can sign in into to many forums, will spend all my time reading and commenting.

One quick doubts, it the verification after the post for everybody or its just a spam/bots protection for low post count?

Best regards.

The Captcha disappears after 10 posts or 15 or something like that.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ