Author Topic: Cap-making with Zorb!  (Read 39285 times)

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
Re: Cap-making with Zorb!
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 07:46:59 »

Offline luismonterieart

• https://miluxkey.com
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 02:46:20 »
Thank you so much for your tutorials! Its was easy to follow and everything work on my first attempt! :-*
Explore our world at

· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiluxKey

Offline kenji

• one day at a time
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 13:28:42 »
Amazing sculpts and great tutorials! You made super clean designs and easy to follow instructions.

Have you tried sculpting/casting with a synth or are you only sculpting directly onto blanks and using your mold boxes?

Also, I may have missed it but what are some good ways to reduce bubbles when I cast without a pressure pot?

Offline Jtheme

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 15:30:57 »
Amazing sculpts and great tutorials! You made super clean designs and easy to follow instructions.

Have you tried sculpting/casting with a synth or are you only sculpting directly onto blanks and using your mold boxes?

Also, I may have missed it but what are some good ways to reduce bubbles when I cast without a pressure pot?

I'm no Zorb, but I tried everything I could find online to get rid of bubbles with no success.  At least not with polyurethane resins.  I was able to get clear casts when using an epoxy resin and a blow torch.  However, I ultimately purchased a pressure pot.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 15:36:12 »
I'm no Zorb, but I tried everything I could find online to get rid of bubbles with no success.  At least not with polyurethane resins.  I was able to get clear casts when using an epoxy resin and a blow torch.  However, I ultimately purchased a pressure pot.

I am looking at casting a full set of keys in either a clear resin or slightly tinted as I want a set of shine through set of alps caps. How clear did your epoxy caps come out? What pressure pot did you buy?

Offline Jtheme

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 16:20:20 »

I am looking at casting a full set of keys in either a clear resin or slightly tinted as I want a set of shine through set of alps caps. How clear did your epoxy caps come out? What pressure pot did you buy?

My epoxy caps came out crystal clear, you just have to wait a really long time with epoxy.  And you'll want to find an epoxy that doesn't yellow like "ArtResin".  I ended up getting the C.A. Technologies 2.5 Gallon Resin http://www.finishsystems.com/resincastingpressurepots.html I didn't want to make my own or modify something else.  I wanted to make sure this thing wasn't going to blow up in my house ha!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 16:26:32 »
My epoxy caps came out crystal clear, you just have to wait a really long time with epoxy.  And you'll want to find an epoxy that doesn't yellow like "ArtResin".  I ended up getting the C.A. Technologies 2.5 Gallon Resin http://www.finishsystems.com/resincastingpressurepots.html I didn't want to make my own or modify something else.  I wanted to make sure this thing wasn't going to blow up in my house ha!

Sweet!! I can't wait to do this project, even thinking of making my own double shot shine through caps for alps. Since no company will ever make them, I need to do it myself.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 19:55:34 »
Youre tutorials are excellent, thank you for sharing.

Offline ju6ju8Oo

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 20:26:26 »
what's the Unimold system?

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 22:34:34 »
If I ever get my hands on a simple Entling I would like to do some electroforming with it like I do with some of my glass art. Selecting only specific parts.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 17:00:23 »
hi there, i just got a pressure pot and i’m encountering some problem.
i’ve tried casting under pressure 3 times now and for some reason my resin doesn’t want to cure, it just stayed in elastic mode i’ve tried to balance the mixture using scale still the same result. does pressure affect the curing prosess? cause i have the same problem with my silicone curing under pressure, seems that it took longer to cure. i dont know if my silicone and resin is expired  cause i just bought them.
i cant get access to most common type of resin you guys use like smooth-on or alumilite so i just have a non branded d-80 resin and i use rtv silicone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk