Author Topic: [GB] Noxary X60 V1  (Read 456657 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary X60
« Reply #1950 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 11:49:16 »
The parts will be completely stripped before anodizing correct?

If reanodizing will fix the issues, is this a financially viable option for all cases?

Doubt it will happen, but I would personally prefer a fully stripped of anodizing option because I have already looked into getting them powder coated.

Yes. It won't fix the issues but it will cover them up (which is why I'll only do it for Black, Purple, and Dark Gray). Financially viable? It's manageable but I'd have to save up a bit.

Getting it solely stripped might be possible, but the "job" I'd be paying for would be reanodizing so would have to consult if they're good.

I get the cases back next Monday ish.

45 cases have been catalogued today, leaving 47 left to do (probably tomorrow). I'll be sending the polls out tonight.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1951 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 19:17:36 »
Heading to the anodizing place to get a few black parts reanodized as a test. Should have them back by the end of the week. I'll take before and after pictures!

If reanodizing will fix the issues, is this a financially viable option for all cases?

Doubt it will happen, but I would personally prefer a fully stripped of anodizing option because I have already looked into getting them powder coated.

If I understand correctly, you can't anodize over anodization. It needs to be stripped because anodizing is basically creating a thicker aluminum-oxide layer then chemically "painting" it. this is why there are so many variables that effect the outcome (even down to the proper bonding of aluminum into alloy). This was my reason for looking into other coloring methods and why I think another option would create the best appearance; it's likely the streaks would still appear to some degree, even with a high-grade process (eg; mil-spec type 3) which would also be cost-prohibitive.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #1952 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 11:33:14 »

Yes. It won't fix the issues but it will cover them up (which is why I'll only do it for Black, Purple, and Dark Gray). Financially viable? It's manageable but I'd have to save up a bit.

Getting it solely stripped might be possible, but the "job" I'd be paying for would be reanodizing so would have to consult if they're good.

I get the cases back next Monday ish.

45 cases have been catalogued today, leaving 47 left to do (probably tomorrow). I'll be sending the polls out tonight.

Been following this...  Sorry to hear about the production issues and I'm hoping the factory is willing to send you replacements for the worst of the cases.  Is there anything I can do to help?  Any spots open you need filled?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1953 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 12:06:54 »
Been following this...  Sorry to hear about the production issues and I'm hoping the factory is willing to send you replacements for the worst of the cases.  Is there anything I can do to help?  Any spots open you need filled?

Slots for sale are in this post; 103/107 are pending and the others are still open.

Slots for sale:

Please email support@noxary.co in the following format:

Show Image

Subject:
X60 BUY SLOT ___

Body:
PayPal Email
Country to ship to
Geekhack username

Each slot has a 5% handling fee due to PayPal fees. Shipping will be invoiced after.

Format for the slots:
- Type
- Case Color/Top
- Plates(s)
- PCB

More
Slot 101 - $450
- Carbon 05/10
- Black HHKB
- 2x ANSI Carbon
- No PCB

Slot 102 - $410
- Standard
- Gold HHKB
- ANSI Gold
- PCB

Slot 103 - $430
- Standard
- Dark Gray HHKB
- ANSI Red, ANSI Stainless Steel
- PCB

Slot 104 - $350
- Standard
- Black HHKB
- ANSI Red
- No PCB

Slot 105 - $350
- Standard
- Dark Gray HHKB
- ANSI Gold
- No PCB

Slot 106 - $350
- Standard
- Dark Gray HHKB
- ANSI Black
- No PCB

Slot 107 - $410
- Standard
- Silver HHKB
- ANSI Red
- PCB

Slot 108 - $430
- Standard
- Black 60%
- ANSI Red, ANSI Stainless Steel
- PCB

My girlfriend and I finished cataloging each board today. I just have to upload about 70 more albums onto imgur and then create the spreadsheet. I hopefully will be able to contact all groups tonight with the poll and images.

Offline axtran

« Reply #1954 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 13:38:53 »
Good work xondat!
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1955 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 14:32:48 »
Heading to the anodizing place to get a few black parts reanodized as a test. Should have them back by the end of the week. I'll take before and after pictures!

If I understand correctly, you can't anodize over anodization. It needs to be stripped because anodizing is basically creating a thicker aluminum-oxide layer then chemically "painting" it. this is why there are so many variables that effect the outcome (even down to the proper bonding of aluminum into alloy). This was my reason for looking into other coloring methods and why I think another option would create the best appearance; it's likely the streaks would still appear to some degree, even with a high-grade process (eg; mil-spec type 3) which would also be cost-prohibitive.

Thx Skull.
I do understand how anodizing works.

Since I figured it needs to be stripped, I was wondering if getting a bare stripped case would be an option.
This way I wouldn't have to look into stripping the case before getting it to a powder coating shop.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1956 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 16:04:03 »

Thx Skull.
I do understand how anodizing works.

Since I figured it needs to be stripped, I was wondering if getting a bare stripped case would be an option.
This way I wouldn't have to look into stripping the case before getting it to a powder coating shop.

You can remove it with household materials fairly easy, just be vary very careful if you use anything like/with lye (drain/oven cleaner) as it can cause etching/pitting and releases gases. Greased Lightning is easy to find and will do the trick safely, you should be able to find Caswell anodizing stripper which should be a phosphoric acid/chromic acid mix that also preserves the aluminum.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1957 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 20:11:34 »
Everyone that has any variant Black, Dark Gray, or Silver case has been PM'd regarding distribution; I'll be sending emails out tomorrow with the exact same message to people that haven't filled it out yet to get everyone to asap. People with Gold, Blue, and Purple will be contacted tomorrow. Please let me know if you have a paid slot but did not receive a message.

I am packing boards on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for Monday collection so the sooner groups figure everything out, the higher the chance you'll get it collected Monday. Black/Blue/Purple boards will be held until I get the anodizing samples back as scratches on these can be covered up the most by reanodizing. I'll make it opt-in if the samples turn out good.

I have emailed all the people that have yet to fill out a shipping form.

I will contact each group with their catalog and form to select their board as soon as they have chosen which route they'll take.

I'll be sending out the remaining shipping invoices at the following time/date: 5PM EST 14th of July 2017.

Please email me at support@noxary.co if you have any problems with your order.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1958 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 20:52:26 »
Everyone that has any variant Black, Dark Gray, or Silver case has been PM'd regarding distribution; I'll be sending emails out tomorrow with the exact same message to people that haven't filled it out yet to get everyone to asap. People with Gold, Blue, and Purple will be contacted tomorrow. Please let me know if you have a paid slot but did not receive a message.

I am packing boards on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for Monday collection so the sooner groups figure everything out, the higher the chance you'll get it collected Monday. Black/Blue/Purple boards will be held until I get the anodizing samples back as scratches on these can be covered up the most by reanodizing. I'll make it opt-in if the samples turn out good.

I have emailed all the people that have yet to fill out a shipping form.

I will contact each group with their catalog and form to select their board as soon as they have chosen which route they'll take.

I'll be sending out the remaining shipping invoices at the following time/date: 5PM EST 14th of July 2017.

Please email me at support@noxary.co if you have any problems with your order.

Did you have any of the Dark Grey re-anodized locally to see how they would turn out?

Form filled.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1959 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 20:54:29 »
Did you have any of the Dark Grey re-anodized locally to see how they would turn out?

I'm getting a couple black parts reanodized to see what happens. There is no point doing Dark Gray/Silver as it won't cover anything up.

Offline mesteris

« Reply #1960 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 01:42:23 »
I'm sorry you have to deal with this but I really want to get my 2 cents in before everyone votes.

I don't think shipping form order would really be fair. In fact, I think letting people choose cases for any reason is really unfair. Why should filling out the shipping form grant any advantages when everyone joined the same group buy? People joined with the understanding that every case would be more or less the same. Because a user filled out a shipping form a few hours/days before it even mattered shouldn't get them a better case. User X fills out the shipping form a week before you get the cases. User Y fills out the shipping form two days before you get the cases. In this situation user X will receive a better case. Does that seem right? You might as well let people choose cases based off of something just as arbitrary, like number of times they used the letter 'f' in their post history.

Original order number doesn't really make sense to me either. Perhaps I'm mistaken but as I recall, the group buy had no problem filling spots, so it's not like the people that signed up earlier were trying to support something that might not happen. Perhaps if people had been reluctant to order an X60 and the buy had trouble reaching MOQ would original order number make sense. But it didn't, right? In fact isn't it quite the opposite? People wanted in but there weren't enough slots? I apologize if I'm wrong here.

Are you really okay with having the person that ordered last get the worst case, even though they paid the same amount and they were not aware at the time of ordering that their order number mattered?

I also disagree with the voting system. People will typically have no reason to vote for something that's fair for the whole group. They'll vote in their best interest, which means many people are going to vote for something that isn't necessarily correct or fair to everyone, only themselves. I totally understand you're trying to satisfy the most number of people possible but voting isn't the correct solution. With 4 options, I fear that order number is going to get a large chunk of the votes with the rest split among the others, allowing that option to win. RNG is essentially split in two options as well which means it's basically not going to win. The vote as of now, should be 3 options. Order #, shipping form order, or RNG. Not two different versions of RNG.

I'm not saying RNG is the best solution here. However, it's more of a fair solution than shipping form or order number.

The whole situation is really unfortunate, and I'm sorry you have to deal with these issues but if shipping form order or order # is the method of case selection, I honestly believe that's only making things worse.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #1961 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 01:54:45 »
Where can I see my order number?
There used to be a list right?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline mesteris

« Reply #1962 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 02:12:34 »

I'm getting a couple black parts reanodized to see what happens. There is no point doing Dark Gray/Silver as it won't cover anything up.

Xondat, do you mind elaborating on this?
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 July 2017, 02:14:38 by mesteris »

Offline Razer1987

« Reply #1963 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 03:53:36 »
I'm sorry you have to deal with this but I really want to get my 2 cents in before everyone votes.

I don't think shipping form order would really be fair. In fact, I think letting people choose cases for any reason is really unfair. Why should filling out the shipping form grant any advantages when everyone joined the same group buy? People joined with the understanding that every case would be more or less the same. Because a user filled out a shipping form a few hours/days before it even mattered shouldn't get them a better case. User X fills out the shipping form a week before you get the cases. User Y fills out the shipping form two days before you get the cases. In this situation user X will receive a better case. Does that seem right? You might as well let people choose cases based off of something just as arbitrary, like number of times they used the letter 'f' in their post history.

Original order number doesn't really make sense to me either. Perhaps I'm mistaken but as I recall, the group buy had no problem filling spots, so it's not like the people that signed up earlier were trying to support something that might not happen. Perhaps if people had been reluctant to order an X60 and the buy had trouble reaching MOQ would original order number make sense. But it didn't, right? In fact isn't it quite the opposite? People wanted in but there weren't enough slots? I apologize if I'm wrong here.

Are you really okay with having the person that ordered last get the worst case, even though they paid the same amount and they were not aware at the time of ordering that their order number mattered?

I also disagree with the voting system. People will typically have no reason to vote for something that's fair for the whole group. They'll vote in their best interest, which means many people are going to vote for something that isn't necessarily correct or fair to everyone, only themselves. I totally understand you're trying to satisfy the most number of people possible but voting isn't the correct solution. With 4 options, I fear that order number is going to get a large chunk of the votes with the rest split among the others, allowing that option to win. RNG is essentially split in two options as well which means it's basically not going to win. The vote as of now, should be 3 options. Order #, shipping form order, or RNG. Not two different versions of RNG.

I'm not saying RNG is the best solution here. However, it's more of a fair solution than shipping form or order number.

The whole situation is really unfortunate, and I'm sorry you have to deal with these issues but if shipping form order or order # is the method of case selection, I honestly believe that's only making things worse.

That's right !

That's easy for me to say that because if we follow the list of order or shipping, I am gonna get one of the worst case.

But still, the list method is unfair. I paid as much as the other. There was a long time between first payment and shipping invoice. There is period in life when I can spend an hour per day on keyboard website and other time I work too much for that. I didn't subscribe to this thread because I didn't want to be spammed but you could have send at least one private message or an email as an alert for shipping invoice instead of a simple post here.

Random is the less bad solution.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #1964 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 05:49:22 »

That's right !

That's easy for me to say that because if we follow the list of order or shipping, I am gonna get one of the worst case.

But still, the list method is unfair. I paid as much as the other. There was a long time between first payment and shipping invoice. There is period in life when I can spend an hour per day on keyboard website and other time I work too much for that. I didn't subscribe to this thread because I didn't want to be spammed but you could have send at least one private message or an email as an alert for shipping invoice instead of a simple post here.

Random is the less bad solution.
If you pay attention to choice 4 though I think it's the happy medium since we were informed that shipping invoice would effect ship order. Choice 4, rng cases separately then ship based on shipping order, allows them to be shipped in the order at which shipping invoices were paid but this does not effect the group as a whole as the cases itself will be distributed independently of the shipping order. Fair in my mind and the most unbiased way.

The only downside is that this would require two parts therefore possibly longer lead time. Organise RNG then ship in order.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline GlassGate

« Reply #1965 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 06:35:55 »
I pm'd you on geekhack and sent you an email on the one you provided after the major update asking if I can have my spot refunded or put for sale. I have yet to get a response on either medias for just over a week now and just received your pm on "X60 Case Distribution" form. I was told if I post on the forum I might be able to get answers here.

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1966 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 07:40:54 »

Is there nothing to be said for people who followed this buy since it was an IC? Sat there waiting on the form to open to get into the group buy from the ground floor? Or the people who helped to pay for the protos? Diligently kept tabs on the buy as it progressed and filled out forms as soon as they arrived?

Yes, just about everyone paid the same but many people did more than pay the purchase price. I don't think RNG is particularly fair. Not for the people who provided capital for the protos or those in Founders Edition, anyway.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1967 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 09:02:23 »

I don't think shipping order is the best but I'm still having it as an option because it's what I've been saying I'd do for a while. I disagree with it because people would've filled it out and paid in a different order if they knew it impacted their case.

It's the most fair, non-random way to do it. Someone that joined on day 1 should have priority over someone that joined on day 365. It would suck if someone that joined yesterday got a good case and someone that joined on day 1 and got the worst case. That wouldn't make sense, and wouldn't be fair overall.

I'm not okay with it, but how else do I do it? It's why I'm letting people choose instead of me.

Of course they'll vote in their best interest. It's the fairest way of doing anything where a group of people need to come to a decision. We'll see what the end result is, but it would be the option that people vote the most for. No one is more important than anyone else in this, which is why 1 vote per person is exactly fair.

Where can I see my order number?
There used to be a list right?

Not sure why you need your order number as the forms require your invoice number. You can find it here:

Xondat, do you mind elaborating on this?

What is there to elaborate on? Not sure what answer you're looking for here.

I pm'd you on geekhack and sent you an email on the one you provided after the major update asking if I can have my spot refunded or put for sale. I have yet to get a response on either medias for just over a week now and just received your pm on "X60 Case Distribution" form. I was told if I post on the forum I might be able to get answers here.

Your spot was listed for sale, but if it doesn't sell, then I still need to ship the board to you as you're still part of the overall group of people with a paid slot.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2017, 12:26:53 by xondat »

Offline mesteris

« Reply #1968 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 13:32:23 »
I was just wondering why you initially wanted to reanodize dark grey but then later said it wouldn't fix anything.

I guess I understand the following the IC and paying for the prototype view. I myself had to sell some things to get the capital for the buy so I couldn't have joined at the ground floor so the order # option feels a little sour to me. Either way, hopefully we can make the best of a bad situation.

In any case, I really hope if RNG gets a decent chunk of votes, the two options will have a runoff vote.

Thanks for addressing my post and I wish you luck in handling this.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1969 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 12:49:32 »
No slots currently for sale.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 21:39:57 by xondat »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #1970 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 14:14:24 »
When could we expect the poll results?
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1971 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 14:23:33 »
When could we expect the poll results?

Most have voted, we're waiting for a total of 8 people to vote 11 times (between them). Out of the 8 polls, only 1 has been decided and that group has been contacted. The 7 remaining polls can still have their results changed. I want to get this wrapped up and get a lot out Monday so if they haven't voted very soon then it's likely they've missed their chance. They've been emailed and PM'd so hopefully their choice won't go unheard.

Offline NolaSwag

• 60%
« Reply #1972 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 15:30:10 »
I was just wondering why you initially wanted to reanodize dark grey but then later said it wouldn't fix anything.

I am also wondering about this.
Orange60 | X60 | M60-A | Polaris

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1973 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 15:40:10 »

I am also wondering about this.

Initially it was "reanodize everything", but after talking to the anodizing place and doing as much research as I can, there would be no point risking a worse finish as it won't magically clean up the scratches that are deeper than the anodizing. Reanodizing would cover up the, as I refer to them, white scratches, but they wouldn't work well on black scratches as they're under the anodizing.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2017, 12:27:04 by xondat »

Offline NolaSwag

• 60%
« Reply #1974 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 16:30:52 »
Understood - thanks for the quick response!
Orange60 | X60 | M60-A | Polaris

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1975 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 02:11:02 »
How much longer until people who haven't answered the query lost their chance?

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #1976 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 05:53:15 »
Hey Xondat, got the query and sent an email and PM for a quick clarification on a photo. Once that's set, I'm ready to send the form in ASAP. Want to make sure so I don't make a mistake :)

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #1977 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 13:11:34 »
So I've just come back from taking a break from GH for work, and then a holiday, and this has gone from "cases are messed up, delays whilst they are fixed" to "cases are being shipped in damaged condition, lets work out who gets the least damaged". I was under the impression that I was paying for a case of the specification listed in the original post, in which "scratched/damaged" is not mentioned.

Would someone like to fill me in on why the manufacturer is not liable for not following the same specification? "Ignoring a request" certainly puts them at blame, I know for a fact that the workshop I previously worked in would have had to re-make every piece out of their own pocket if they made such a "decision". The fact that it sounds as if no sample parts were produced before main production began also surprises me, especially with a run this large. Similarly, the statement "All parts have been affected by poor manufacturing and no quality control" heavily implies that numerous other falsities were made by the manufacturer, since I'm sure that they would not have been selected for production if they stated that from the outset. I thought that this manufacturer had previously been used for another group buy (successfully? I cannot find where I originally read this), what gives with this one? They were tasked with producing cases sold for $350 per unit, IMO they should be perfect. I've skimmed through the replies since the original update, and there seems to be remarkably little discussion about this.   

Please note that I would like to retain my spot, and have paid the shipping invoice as a reflection of this. Like many others in this group buy, I am upset about what has transpired, and would want to view photographs of all damage to my case before I accept it.

Xondat, you have my fullest sympathies, and I am willing to wait as long as it takes to get a pristine-as-possible X60.

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1978 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 13:23:11 »
So I've just come back from taking a break from GH for work, and then a holiday, and this has gone from "cases are messed up, delays whilst they are fixed" to "cases are being shipped in damaged condition, lets work out who gets the least damaged". I was under the impression that I was paying for a case of the specification listed in the original post, in which "scratched/damaged" is not mentioned.

Would someone like to fill me in on why the manufacturer is not liable for not following the same specification? "Ignoring a request" certainly puts them at blame, I know for a fact that the workshop I previously worked in would have had to re-make every piece out of their own pocket if they made such a "decision". The fact that it sounds as if no sample parts were produced before main production began also surprises me, especially with a run this large. Similarly, the statement "All parts have been affected by poor manufacturing and no quality control" heavily implies that numerous other falsities were made by the manufacturer, since I'm sure that they would not have been selected for production if they stated that from the outset. I thought that this manufacturer had previously been used for another group buy (successfully? I cannot find where I originally read this), what gives with this one? They were tasked with producing cases sold for $350 per unit, IMO they should be perfect. I've skimmed through the replies since the original update, and there seems to be remarkably little discussion about this.   

Please note that I would like to retain my spot, and have paid the shipping invoice as a reflection of this. Like many others in this group buy, I am upset about what has transpired, and would want to view photographs of all damage to my case before I accept it.

Xondat, you have my fullest sympathies, and I am willing to wait as long as it takes to get a pristine-as-possible X60.

Prototypes were produced but as is the case I've often found, the shop took shortcuts on the production run. They have essentially declined to work any of this out and have denied responsibility. If you have a black or purple case, there may be a possibility of reanodizing. Right now people are voting on which order or method assignment of cases will take place. In my situation, I will likely be getting mine refinished whatever the outcome.

Offline wodan

« Reply #1979 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 08:14:55 »
Just received my first X60 (Dark-Grey WKL) and I am very happy with the condition. Still waiting for my turn to pick a black HHKB and I am a little worried the black anodize might not end up looking so nice but right now I am happy with the case I got. I must have been the third or fourth person to pick and still got this:

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1980 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 10:04:39 »
Received two of my boards and I'm really happy with the condition aswell.

Both of them look pretty much flawless except for one dent/scratch on one of the corners.

Sorry for the bad pics, was in a rush...

Offline doom2

« Reply #1981 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 10:10:11 »
What is the status of refunds, specifically spot 68? I'm in an awkward position now of not receiving a board (because my spot sold), but not receiving money because someone else's spot hasn't sold? I hope to receive my money back soon...
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 July 2017, 12:09:52 by doom2 »

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #1982 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 13:00:29 »
Hnggg, the carbon edition looks slick! :eek:
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1983 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 15:54:02 »
I also received mine today! Very satisfied with how it turned out. As a matter of fact, if there hadn't been this whole ano debacle, I'd probably not noticed the few defects there are.

When building my board, I had an issue fitting my GON NerD PCB. I did a quick comparison with a WKL I had at home and it seems the USB-port on the GON extends further from the main of the PCB causing it to have some issues clearing the bridge above the USB cut out. A little bit of determination allowed me to brute force it in, however. Could be good to know for those of you who plan on building your X60 with a NerD.

All in all, very happy with how it looks. A bit dark outside, but here are two shots of my build:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1984 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:52:39 »
I also received mine today! Very satisfied with how it turned out. As a matter of fact, if there hadn't been this whole ano debacle, I'd probably not noticed the few defects there are.

When building my board, I had an issue fitting my GON NerD PCB. I did a quick comparison with a WKL I had at home and it seems the USB-port on the GON extends further from the main of the PCB causing it to have some issues clearing the bridge above the USB cut out. A little bit of determination allowed me to brute force it in, however. Could be good to know for those of you who plan on building your X60 with a NerD.

All in all, very happy with how it looks. A bit dark outside, but here are two shots of my build:
Show Image

Show Image

Going to be using a NerD60 PCB with mine also.
Hope it's not too much of a pain.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline brighenne

« Reply #1985 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:58:40 »
My second plate was going to go with a nerd, thanks for the heads up.

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #1986 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 17:12:41 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice, bud. Did you mod the nixies?

23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #1987 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 17:17:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

wowow looking good man!
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #1988 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 20:15:27 »
I really want mine now, Hurry up Dark grey HHKB people!!

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #1989 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 20:28:50 »
+1
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline megaforce

« Reply #1990 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 20:55:14 »
Those of us towards the end of the list could potentially wait 20+ days for it to ship.... would be nice if there was a shorter time limit to choose.
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline seblove

« Reply #1991 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 21:13:28 »
+1

Don't worry boys I'm f5'ing like a motherfkr and it'll take me about 3 minutes to choose when my turn comes around.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1992 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 00:37:09 »
wowow looking good man!
Thanks!

Nice, bud. Did you mod the nixies?
They got 60g gold springs, polycarbonate switch films and some Krytox. Stock is too heavy for my puny fingers.

My second plate was going to go with a nerd, thanks for the heads up.

Going to be using a NerD60 PCB with mine also.
Hope it's not too much of a pain.
I got a little worried when it wouldn't just fit, and was considering my options for a while. In the end though, it was nothing major. A little bit of force and it slided right in  ;D

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #1993 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 03:17:22 »
I'm so happy to see that many people here are happy with their boards.

It appears to me that the ones who keep talking **** about X60 on discord and reddit are the people who have nothing to do with the group buy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 12:16:29 by iamacicada »

Offline Razer1987

« Reply #1994 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 06:51:05 »
I choose my dark grey case yesterday, I am one of the latest on the list so I was affraid to discover my case.

I had 3 possible cases (does the number of the case reflect the quality ?) and I have to say that I was really surprised by the damages that appear not as bad as expected. I am still waiting to see it in real.
It was really expensive so we wanted perfection but I am pretty sure that it is gonna  still be a great case.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #1995 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 20:07:02 »
Did a quick typing test video:

Offline Myan

« Reply #1996 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 08:53:53 »
Received my X60, Waht a wonderful keyboard.
Thanks alot. Love you!

Offline doom2

« Reply #1997 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 13:15:05 »
Slots for sale:

Please email support@noxary.co in the following format:

Show Image

Subject:
X60 BUY SLOT ___

Body:
PayPal Email
Country to ship to
Geekhack username

Each slot has a 5% handling fee due to PayPal fees. Shipping will be invoiced separately. Prices USD.

Format for the slots:
- Type
- Case Top/Color
- Plates(s)
- PCB

More
Slot 111 - $450
- Carbon 05/10
- HHKB Black
- ANSI Carbon/ANSI Carbon
- No PCB

Slot 112 - $410
- Standard
- HHKB Gold
- ANSI Gold
- PCB

Slot 113 - $370
- Standard
- HHKB Black
- ANSI Red/ANSI Black
- No PCB

Slot 114 - $410
- Standard
- 60% Black
- ANSI Stainless Steel
- PCB

If your spot isn't listed, it's probably sold but I don't have the funds due to two people disputing (2 of 4 slots they had are still for sale). As slots are sold, the next person in line receives theirs. Once all of these have sold, everyone should have their refund.

These spots are still for sale! Help me get my refund!
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 13:52:30 by doom2 »

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #1998 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 15:39:53 »

Aside from a touch of exposure correction these photos are unedited. Board is near perfect.
More

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1999 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 15:47:16 »
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Aside from a touch of exposure correction these photos are unedited. Board is near perfect.

I didn't have time to take photos today, but completely agree. I have some anodizing marks, but hardly anything to cause a stink over. The aluminum is in near perfect condition as far as I can tell. I have nothing bad to say.