Author Topic: [GB] ALPS Apple Extended Keyboard 60% Steel Plates - All orders shipped!  (Read 14405 times)

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
You should try speaking with Hasu to see if you could offer it as a package deal. PCB & plate.

Oh I second this. The AEK is a great starting point, it'll be my first fully custom Alps build too. But if you could arrange some sort of deal like this it'd be awesome
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
You should try speaking with Hasu to see if you could offer it as a package deal. PCB & plate.

Meanwhile...I eagerly await my shipping invoice

Oh that's a great idea, at work currently. I'm anxiously awaiting to get back home to start packing them.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan

Oh I second this. The AEK is a great starting point, it'll be my first fully custom Alps build too. But if you could arrange some sort of deal like this it'd be awesome

Not for this gb, but definitely something to consider for future runs :D.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
These look really nice, I'm undecided whether to paint mine or leave it bare to show off the finish

I'm a sucker for brushed stainless steel, I would say keep it. The photos don't do it justice.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
I agree, I like anodised finishes but there's something really cool about bare metal, it just makes the keyboard look badass. Imagine a matching steel case..

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
I agree, I like anodised finishes but there's something really cool about bare metal, it just makes the keyboard look badass. Imagine a matching steel case..

I'm looking into acid etching a machined steel case. Giving it the look of damascus steel.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Just cranked out 15 more packages, 10 left. Probably going to finish those by tomorrow.  :thumb:

Offline benjamonkey

Oooh!  Are we getting Banana Split stickers too?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Oooh!  Are we getting Banana Split stickers too?

Sadly no, I definitely would include them but I only ordered samples which is like 10. If I did the bulk order in time then I definitely would have.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Just finished packaging all the orders, I will drop off the last batch tomorrow.  :thumb:

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
To make you fools jealous just finished building my own board. Featuring linearized cream switches, aliexpress alu case with weight, and Hasu's ALPS 64 pcb. Cheers everyone  :thumb:

Offline neon_tom

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Hopefully people started to receive plates, let me know if any concerns arise.

Offline benjamonkey

I received mine yesterday, and I'm quite happy with it.  Did you file the little bits of metal left in the switch holes?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
I received mine yesterday, and I'm quite happy with it.  Did you file the little bits of metal left in the switch holes?

That's just excess from the lasercutter, the switches will snap in with those bits still there. So it's entirely your call.

Offline jacky

Heard blue alps are great!

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
Just wanted to say thanks for a smooth and easy and FAST GB here. My plate arrived the other day and I'm looking forward to pulling some mint salmon Alps switches off an old kb from my youth and resurrecting them into a new sweet 60! Appreciate you doing this buy, Arhipio.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Just wanted to say thanks for a smooth and easy and FAST GB here. My plate arrived the other day and I'm looking forward to pulling some mint salmon Alps switches off an old kb from my youth and resurrecting them into a new sweet 60! Appreciate you doing this buy, Arhipio.

Glad to hear :D, everything alright with the plate?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.

Yup- she's a peach! :)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan

Yup- she's a peach! :)

:thumb:

Offline neon_tom

Re: [GB] ALPS Apple Extended Keyboard 60% Steel Plates - All orders shipped!
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 19:53:39 »
Got my plates in the mail today and they look fantastic! I just need to get this pile of desoldered SKCM Ambers cleaned up and I can get started on a build. Thanks, Arhipio, for a quick and painless GB!

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 14:07:07 »
Got mine today dude, looks spot-on! Just need the rest of my parts now. Thanks for the GB  :thumb:

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 18:59:04 »
Got mine today dude, looks spot-on! Just need the rest of my parts now. Thanks for the GB  :thumb:

Show Image

Awesome to hear, that was fast shipping for international! Hopefully the price was low enough to pass through customs without a hitch.  :thumb:

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 02:58:47 »
Yeah it was perfect dude. Switches fit very well, nice finish to the metal too  :)

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Hoping everyone got their plates and are happy with them, would love to see some builds.  :thumb:

Offline punkpc

Waiting on my case to come in. Then will post :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline narbotic

anyone have a plate they're not using?  :llama: