Author Topic: [IC] Southpaw 65+, an Alps+MX 65% with a left hand numberpad (GB OPEN NOW)  (Read 68726 times)

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co

Southpaw Extended 65%. Fully programmable Alps and MX compatible 65% with a numberpad on the right. Supports ISO enter, split backspace, split left shift, left arrow cluster, 4x5 macropad, and 6u spacebar. Presoldered PCB running on a kimera core, programmable with TMK. Aluminum Case supports a 4 degree riser, 9 degree riser, and cone feet.

Reddit Link - https://redd.it/75djfk

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Southpaw 65+
- 65% with a number pad on the left.
- Left or right dedicated arrow cluster
- Full Alps support.
- CNC Aluminum Case with interchangeable risers at 4 and 9 degrees.
- PCB is being designed by the Xiudi, you probably know him for the XD60 and XD84. This means it’ll share flexible layouts and programmability with their other boards.
- I will most likely receive these Mid July. If we’re lucky, Mid June  Rip these deadlines. Expecting prototyping to finish at the end of August. These deadlines went out the window
- 12 to 18 weeks from opening to completing shipping
- Case options include CNC aluminum, bent plate, and integrated steel case.
- Separate plates for Alps and MX
- $100-200 for kits. depending on case (based on estimate from vendor)
- MOQ of 100 total orders
- Bent plate, integrated plate and aluminum plates have an MOQ of 30 for each variant, MX and Alps.
- Each anodization color has an MOQ of 8 units.
- Each kit will contain a PCB, Plate and Case as well as hardware needed to complete the board.

Timeline - These dates have a pretty significant buffer. Production, sorting and shipping might be faster than this if nothing runs amiss.
- GB opens sometime between 21st and 28th of October
- GB Closes December 1st
- 8 to 16 weeks for production, sorting, and shipping. This takes into account holidays and such.
- Boards will be sent out at the earliest, late January and latest late February.

June Update:

- Things are taking a little longer than expected. I've revised the aluminum case and have just sent it to the factory for prototyping.
- 1st iteration of the PCB is being made at the factory right now. I'll have it on hand after I get back from vacation mid july... Or maybe I'll have it shipped to my hotel.
- Aluminum case is on CNC risers that will be at 4 and 9 degrees. It will also support the CNC cone feet that are available everywhere.
- I will run another IC when I have the samples on hand so I can determine which colors to run for the case. There will be a 5 unit MOQ for each color.

July Update

- We now have a PCB sample and the layout looks to be everything that was expected. the ALPS and MX switch holes are really close together for some switch so I will be really looking at that closely when prototypes arrive in my hands.
- There will most likely be four kits. CNC aluminum with alps, CNC aluminum MX, Bent ALPS plate, and an Bent MX plate. Prices at the moment are still the same.

August Update

- My contact in China just received the first case sample and design-wise, it looks alright. I might change the 9 degree riser a little and slim it down to match the overall look of the board.
- After looking it over, he wasn't quite satisfied with the quality of the case and might go to a different factory for this. Prototypes are around a week or two to make so I'm thinking that we maybe try out one or two more and take the best out of those.
- The PCB is being revised to take the SP ALPS ISO enter thats oriented the same way as the other switches. As for the bottom arrow cluster area, the pcb will only take two sizes. i.e. 1u/1.25u/1.5u. Looking at it, I am inclined towards 1u and 1.5u compatability since those will be used in a lot of the common layouts. See the discussion towards the end of page 3 for this.
- Once the PCB is finalized, the steel bent plate as well as the normal plate need to be cut and the samples will be sent over then for me to look over a final time. I'll then most likely do another IC for a quantity estimate which should give me pretty rough prices.
- Production time will be the normal 30-40 days with 7 days of transit between china and here. Depending on what will be offered. Sorting and shipping everything will take around a month or so since I'm back at school now.
- The 9 degree riser seems to fit fine. Just need to test the other 6 degree one now.

Imgur Link for layouts and basic case+plate renders - http://imgur.com/a/urzpe
Keyboard Layout Editor Link - http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/0229aa11114e8886c646df177ad5e4f2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW INTEREST CHECK FORM- https://goo.gl/forms/n8f4pTOmRB61RoS72
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 October 2017, 20:54:49 by reconsiderit »
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline neralo

Re: [IC] Southpaw 65+, a 65% with a left hand numberpad
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 01:14:06 »
definitely interested, especially if we can get a high profile alu case. Any chance for alps support?
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 01:27:08 »
definitely interested, especially if we can get a high profile alu case. Any chance for alps support?

There's chance for alps support since this PCB is being custom built. I'll definetly talk to design about it. The high profile case will be the one that's crudely rendered at the top. I designed it with 5 degree rise if that matters much. The IC form shows a fair ammount of interest for the alu case so if it doesn't reach 50, I might look into buying the rest.
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline neralo

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 01:37:45 »

There's chance for alps support since this PCB is being custom built. I'll definetly talk to design about it. The high profile case will be the one that's crudely rendered at the top. I designed it with 5 degree rise if that matters much. The IC form shows a fair ammount of interest for the alu case so if it doesn't reach 50, I might look into buying the rest.

Hope alps support works out. I've always wanted a monarch, and with this maybe a faux-narch isn't impossible.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 13:13:47 »

Hope alps support works out. I've always wanted a monarch, and with this maybe a faux-narch isn't impossible.

Alright, shot an email to the vendor and it looks like there could possibly be alps support. Might take a little more time and require a few more funds, but it should be viable if I reach the 50 unit MOQ in the IC form.

switchplate.co

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 13:34:36 »
****in weird

will consider getting one for the right price

$100-200 is definitely in the range i'd like to see
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 13:35:51 »
Interested if Alps.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 17:46:29 »
If it's a high profile aluminum case, I'm in.  I tried getting a board with this layout from Apollos years ago but that never panned out.  Here's hoping this one has better luck.

Offline Harms

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:22:33 »
Interested in High profile Case or CNC like the RS68.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:23:12 »
****in weird

will consider getting one for the right price

$100-200 is definitely in the range i'd like to see

Did some calculations and was able to get the price down a little. Price range starts at $80 for the bent plate and goes all the way to $180 for the CNC alu case.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:26:38 »

If you can, fill out an interest check form. Helps me keep track of what you guys want. The rendered case+plate is what the high profile case will come to look like. 5 degree rise on it. The Case will have edges that come all the way to the bottom of the keycaps like a tada68 or a va68m

switchplate.co

Offline Harms

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:34:23 »

If you can, fill out an interest check form. Helps me keep track of what you guys want. The rendered case+plate is what the high profile case will come to look like. 5 degree rise on it. The Case will have edges that come all the way to the bottom of the keycaps like a tada68 or a va68m

Yeah cool thank you :).

Offline neralo

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:48:05 »

Alright, shot an email to the vendor and it looks like there could possibly be alps support. Might take a little more time and require a few more funds, but it should be viable if I reach the 50 unit MOQ in the IC form.

edited my submission to show my support for ALPS compatibility.  I assume the PCB can be mx/alps compatible, just that you need to get the numbers for people interested in an alps compatible plate?
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:55:10 by neralo »

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:50:06 »

Should I refill out the IC form to show my support for an ALPS version? I assume the PCB can be mx/alps compatible, just that you need to get the numbers for people interested in an alps compatible plate?

Ok, just added it as an option at the very end of the form. You should be able to edit your form for it. Just tack it on at the end.

switchplate.co

Offline reggalicious

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 10:42:30 »
Any possibility of splitting the 2u keys on the keypad into all 1u?  It'd be pretty cool to have a 65% board with a 5x4 "macro pad" connected on the left.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 18:04:34 »
Any possibility of splitting the 2u keys on the keypad into all 1u?  It'd be pretty cool to have a 65% board with a 5x4 "macro pad" connected on the left.

Yeah, will most likely get that too since there shouldn't be anything keeping us from doing that.

Also, alps support is confirmed on the PCB. Just need to figure out what to do with the plate now. Anyone have any experience with alps switches on universal plates? They don't seem to have any support on any sides on universal plates so they seem to just be resting on the solder joints. Not sure how good that would be for the solder joints themselves.

switchplate.co

Offline neralo

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 01:12:54 »

Also, alps support is confirmed on the PCB.

You beautiful human being! Time to start looking for an applicable alps set, 80% chance I'm in for it with alps. Hope you can find someone to help with the plate.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 01:31:31 »

You beautiful human being! Time to start looking for an applicable alps set, 80% chance I'm in for it with alps. Hope you can find someone to help with the plate.

You seem a little more knowledgeable with alps than I am and I was wondering if there's a way to mount alps switches directly to the PCB since I can't seem to find any alps that are PCB mount specific. The thing is that the alps plate should be completely fine everywhere save for the portions of the plates that are completely open horizontally like at the right arrow cluster and where the 2u "+", "enter" and "0" on the numberpad would mount. At those points, the plate would not provide any support at all for alps since the cherry/alps cutouts are cut so that they brace cherry switches top and bottom while the alps switches are braced left and right.

switchplate.co

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 05:33:10 »
You seem a little more knowledgeable with alps than I am and I was wondering if there's a way to mount alps switches directly to the PCB since I can't seem to find any alps that are PCB mount specific. The thing is that the alps plate should be completely fine everywhere save for the portions of the plates that are completely open horizontally like at the right arrow cluster and where the 2u "+", "enter" and "0" on the numberpad would mount. At those points, the plate would not provide any support at all for alps since the cherry/alps cutouts are cut so that they brace cherry switches top and bottom while the alps switches are braced left and right.

I ran into the same issue with the UK78, the best solution is to have a separate Alps plate as Alps don't have any pcb support like Cherry switches.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 20:30:04 »

I ran into the same issue with the UK78, the best solution is to have a separate Alps plate as Alps don't have any pcb support like Cherry switches.

Don't you run into the issue of being stuck with a single layout if you opt for support on the alps swtiches? With a plate that supports more than one switch position, you simply widen the swtich opening on the plate, right? If you do that with alps swtiches (because of how they are supported by the plate from the side) you end up with support on a single side (gives a really odd feel?) or with no support at all, right?

The same exact issue applies with alps switches on a cherry+alps plate, right? Is there any other reason why an alps only plate would have an advantage other than switch alignment?

switchplate.co

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 20:33:49 »
I have been trying to... squeeze "numpad" in 60% / 65% board but it's not working at all.

I'm interested in this PCB if it support split-spacebar. (IMO, split-spacebar is a must for 60%/65%)
I think I can self-supply acrylic case, so I only need PCB.

I will keep my eyes on high profile alu case though.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 20:45:03 »
I have been trying to... squeeze "numpad" in 60% / 65% board but it's not working at all.

I'm interested in this PCB if it support split-spacebar. (IMO, split-spacebar is a must for 60%/65%)
I think I can self-supply acrylic case, so I only need PCB.

I will keep my eyes on high profile alu case though.

So after a number of possible designs and looking over dimensions, the Vendor, Designer and I weren't able to fit a split space in because of the lack of space. The controller is basically a slimmed down teensy and is positioned horizontally along the bottom where the empty space between the spacebar switch and the stabilizer is. This means that it takes up the space of where a swtich for a split space is. 

switchplate.co

Offline neralo

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 21:36:37 »

I'm no real expert, I just really enjoy alps switches, but I've been asking around, and I think the most secure option would be to include an option for an ALPS only plate, instead of doing the mx/alps compatibility, so that you don't make too many compromises and we end up with a non-enjoyable experience regardless which switch you use.

Alternatively, I noticed that the swillKB builder has an option to output an MX + ALPS compatible plate. Maybe that might be able to help some? Haven't had the time to play with it myself unfortunately. Link found here: http://builder.swillkb.com/

Offline rozakiin

• British Custom Anyone?
    • UK Keyboards
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 06:48:32 »

Don't you run into the issue of being stuck with a single layout if you opt for support on the alps swtiches? With a plate that supports more than one switch position, you simply widen the swtich opening on the plate, right? If you do that with alps swtiches (because of how they are supported by the plate from the side) you end up with support on a single side (gives a really odd feel?) or with no support at all, right?

The same exact issue applies with alps switches on a cherry+alps plate, right? Is there any other reason why an alps only plate would have an advantage other than switch alignment?

Yes the plate would act as a switch alignment plate rather than support. It is that or have separate switchplates for different Alps layouts.

Offline B1G_B1RD

• * Maker
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 09:39:47 »
I would be interested in this. Seems like the case could use some development but otherwise there is definitely a market for this.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 13:18:19 »
How about making the numpad in an option that is left-handed? In other words, with + and Enter on the left side.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 20:12:40 »
Not a lefty, but DEFINITELY in for one, maybe two...

I like the ability to have a numpad (I don't mind using a numpad left or right-handed) while maintaining mouse ergonomics on the right side.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 23:42:57 »
How about making the numpad in an option that is left-handed? In other words, with + and Enter on the left side.

So there won't be an option for a 2u plus and enter on the left side of the numberpad for clearance reasons on the PCB and the plate, but the numberpad can be configured as a 4x5 sorta macropad which would give you the ability to throw the plus and the enter on the 1u keys on the left.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 13:21:44 »
Alright, so im a handful of weeks out now from getting the samples and was wondering if anyone has any more input before a case is mocked up for it. The PCB will have alps and MX support, and the plate will be a cherry MX/Alps combo plate with the indented corner cutout pattern. The MOQ is around 50 units which I think that we can achieve. If it gets pretty close to 40, I'm willing to sink some of my own funds and buy up extras.

switchplate.co

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 21:49:20 »
Man, even though I'm a topre nerd I'm actually considering this since the ergonomics and functionality of a left-hand numpad would be rather useful for work (would want split backspace).  Right-hand numpads must only exist because of tradition, being on the left just makes more sense.  Could throw in Zealios or MOD switches since other topre nerds seem to like those the most of the MX switches.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 April 2017, 21:53:05 by a_ak57 »

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 22:01:01 »
Man, even though I'm a topre nerd I'm actually considering this since the ergonomics and functionality of a left-hand numpad would be rather useful for work (would want split backspace).  Right-hand numpads must only exist because of legacy, being on the left just makes more sense.
Exactly what I had thought. I have been doing some CAD work lately and have really wondered how much nicer it would be with the same mouse placement as a 60 or 65% and to be able to have a numberpad on the side.

Also, the number pad should also be able to be built up as a 4x5 macropad, so for those that want something were they can switch between a macropad (for playing games) and a numberpad (for being productive?), this might be it.

switchplate.co

Offline TypicalOranges

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 00:31:02 »
I would be really interested in the + and enter on the numpad being on the left side;  I think it might feel more natural actuating them with the left pinky, opposed to the index. I feel like the three dominant fingers would like to use the numbers more than the pinky.

Super interested in this. Excited to see it move another step beyond the reddit thread. =]

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 02:28:54 »
I would be really interested in the + and enter on the numpad being on the left side;  I think it might feel more natural actuating them with the left pinky, opposed to the index. I feel like the three dominant fingers would like to use the numbers more than the pinky.

Super interested in this. Excited to see it move another step beyond the reddit thread. =]

With the left side Plus and Enter, I talked to the designer about it and it seems that there isn't enough room on that side to accomadate all the numberpad layouts (2u zero, 2u enter, 2u plus, 4x5 1u numberpad) which means that it would require a different pcb to accommodate the layouts.

I'm thinking that I could really use the 2u enter and plus keys on the side closer to the alphas though. They would be accessable with your pinky when typing and with your thumb when working on the numberpad. The neat thing is that if you wanted, you could map a macro or some other key onto the 2u keys for games and such for quick access keys that you can mash in an instant. Another thing is that I'm trying to keep too many holes in the PCB from overlapping because as it stands, the PCB should be holtite compatable since it uses the same specs as the xd60 / EEPW PCBs. There are some places I know that there won't be complete coverage on the holtite sockets (RH arrow cluster area) because of overlapping switch placement, but it seems that a lot of people still have been able to run holtites with the overlapping holes. The crucial difference here is that the PCB will also be set up for alps switches and from looking at the left side of the numberpad, will have some pretty unusable solder points if its set up for all the layouts.

It is something that I am interested in though since it might be a little more natural for some people to have the 2u keys on the left so if I can somehow fit it in, I definetly will  :D

switchplate.co

Offline TypicalOranges

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 09:34:25 »

With the left side Plus and Enter, I talked to the designer about it and it seems that there isn't enough room on that side to accomadate all the numberpad layouts (2u zero, 2u enter, 2u plus, 4x5 1u numberpad) which means that it would require a different pcb to accommodate the layouts.

I'm thinking that I could really use the 2u enter and plus keys on the side closer to the alphas though. They would be accessable with your pinky when typing and with your thumb when working on the numberpad. The neat thing is that if you wanted, you could map a macro or some other key onto the 2u keys for games and such for quick access keys that you can mash in an instant. Another thing is that I'm trying to keep too many holes in the PCB from overlapping because as it stands, the PCB should be holtite compatable since it uses the same specs as the xd60 / EEPW PCBs. There are some places I know that there won't be complete coverage on the holtite sockets (RH arrow cluster area) because of overlapping switch placement, but it seems that a lot of people still have been able to run holtites with the overlapping holes. The crucial difference here is that the PCB will also be set up for alps switches and from looking at the left side of the numberpad, will have some pretty unusable solder points if its set up for all the layouts.

It is something that I am interested in though since it might be a little more natural for some people to have the 2u keys on the left so if I can somehow fit it in, I definetly will  :D

I'm not super familiar with Custom Keebs or Keebs in general (I jumped down the rabbit hole earlier this month with an Ergodox Infinity Kit); I know in that case the Alps capability is what kept it from being able to hold the holtites. (Much to my chagrin. I'm sure there are people worse at soldering than me, but there aren't very many).

I tried doing some mock spread sheeting with  my left hand on the Numpad and it seemed to be much more comfortable than I imagined. So, if it helps the keyboard be much more structurally sound, I rescind my previous suggestion. :)

Super excited to get 1 or 2 of these kits :D

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 03:08:36 »

I'm not super familiar with Custom Keebs or Keebs in general (I jumped down the rabbit hole earlier this month with an Ergodox Infinity Kit); I know in that case the Alps capability is what kept it from being able to hold the holtites. (Much to my chagrin. I'm sure there are people worse at soldering than me, but there aren't very many).

I tried doing some mock spread sheeting with  my left hand on the Numpad and it seemed to be much more comfortable than I imagined. So, if it helps the keyboard be much more structurally sound, I rescind my previous suggestion. :)

Super excited to get 1 or 2 of these kits :D

That sounds fantastic. Just wondering, but with the alps+MX pcb and holtites, how bad is the hole overlap? I've seen a few that are pretty bad, but I was wondering how much they hinder the usefulness of the holtites.

switchplate.co

Offline K.Mak

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 22:05:38 »
I noticed it supports a 6u spacebar but with 1   1.5   1.5 spacing to the left of it, would it also support 1.5   1   1.5?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 23:08:13 »
I noticed it supports a 6u spacebar but with 1   1.5   1.5 spacing to the left of it, would it also support 1.5   1   1.5?

Didn't consider that since I had focused on the left arrow cluster, but I'll make sure to add that.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 21:41:30 »
Ok, so after talking to the vendor, there will be a number of kits available. MX and alps plates and bent plates will be seperate, which is pretty nice. MOQ for the PCBs will remain at 50 units, but there won't be an MOQ for the plates so it doesn't matter how many are ordered of each. Kits will be most likely be priced accordingly. Pictures of actual samples are coming soon.

High Profile Aluminum Case + MX Stainless Plate
High Profile Aluminum Case + Alps Stainless Plate
Bent Steel MX Compatable Plate
Bent Steel Alps Plate

switchplate.co

Offline keebcat

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 21:58:45 »
Ok, so after talking to the vendor, there will be a number of kits available. MX and alps plates and bent plates will be seperate, which is pretty nice. MOQ for the PCBs will remain at 50 units, but there won't be an MOQ for the plates so it doesn't matter how many are ordered of each. Kits will be most likely be priced accordingly. Pictures of actual samples are coming soon.

Bent Steel Alps Plate

Ooh, cant wait.

Offline neralo

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 03:09:48 »

Bent Steel Alps Plate

looking forwards to the sale. Do you have an estimate for when you want to do the GB. Need to plan my finances haha  :))

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 03:23:10 »

Bent Steel Alps Plate

looking forwards to the sale. Do you have an estimate for when you want to do the GB. Need to plan my finances haha  :))

Might run the GB for a few weeks from late june to early july. Optimally, I will somehow recieve the boards right when I get back from vacation early july which would be if I have an internet wherever in Thailand I'm going... If I can communicate with the vendor and everything runs smoothly, the GB will be run for 3-4 weeks and I'll have the boards ready to ship on the 24th of july if not slightly earlier.

I'm planning on getting samples of the final product before I leave though and I'm looking to get the first round of prototypes sometime hopefully this month.

switchplate.co

Offline neralo

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 03:53:14 »

Bent Steel Alps Plate

Might run the GB for a few weeks from late june to early july. Optimally, I will somehow recieve the boards right when I get back from vacation early july which would be if I have an internet wherever in Thailand I'm going... If I can communicate with the vendor and everything runs smoothly, the GB will be run for 3-4 weeks and I'll have the boards ready to ship on the 24th of july if not slightly earlier.

I'm planning on getting samples of the final product before I leave though and I'm looking to get the first round of prototypes sometime hopefully this month.

Perfect timing! Gives the poor wallet some time to recuperate haha :)) enjoy Thailand btw, beautiful country beautiful people, though with the kings passing it might be tad bit subdued 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 06:41:49 »
I´m definetly in for one! :) As we are having a keyboard meetup in Vienna I got to know a guy from Vienna so we split the shipping cost :) Can´t wait for it!

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 14:33:25 »

Bent Steel Alps Plate

Perfect timing! Gives the poor wallet some time to recuperate haha :)) enjoy Thailand btw, beautiful country beautiful people, though with the kings passing it might be tad bit subdued 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, thanks. Might be getting a few kits for myself too, so my wallet might suffer... Gonna go back to visit family in Thailand and haven't gone in a few years so hopefully everything is well over there

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 14:34:12 »
I´m definetly in for one! :) As we are having a keyboard meetup in Vienna I got to know a guy from Vienna so we split the shipping cost :) Can´t wait for it!

That should make shipping and logistics easier for me. I'll be shipping out late July if that makes a difference.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 14:38:12 »
So I just took a closer look at the aluminum case for the XD84 and realized that it came with some pretty neat aluminum risers instead of the two feet that most flat bottomed cases come with. How many people would be interested in doing this for the southpaw aluminum case? I was thinking of a set of 5 and 9 degree risers to go with each case which would leave the option of 0,5, and 9 degrees for the aluminum case. I'm thinking that this would bump the price for the aluminum case up a little (maybe 10-20 bucks) but it would give 3 options rather than one. Reference image below.

switchplate.co

Offline neralo

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 02:28:31 »
So I just took a closer look at the aluminum case for the XD84 and realized that it came with some pretty neat aluminum risers instead of the two feet that most flat bottomed cases come with. How many people would be interested in doing this for the southpaw aluminum case? I was thinking of a set of 5 and 9 degree risers to go with each case which would leave the option of 0,5, and 9 degrees for the aluminum case. I'm thinking that this would bump the price for the aluminum case up a little (maybe 10-20 bucks) but it would give 3 options rather than one. Reference image below.

Show Image

do want! Never been a fan of the cone feet tbh.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 21:12:49 »
I'm fine with either though the risers would be somewhat of a neat novelty.

Offline Hydra04

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 23:37:14 »
Interested in the PCB, not so much in the bent case (I would have preferred a sandwich one).

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 01:24:02 »
I'll be putting up another IC later after I receive the initial samples and I'll see if anybody would be interested in a sandwich case. It really depends on how many people are willing to buy because of how everything has, more or less, an MOQ. I am pretty certain that I'll be doing an aluminum and a bent plate since those cover the two styles (high and low profile) and provide two price options that make it accessible to a lot of people.

switchplate.co