Author Topic: IBM Model F AT $99.99 + 18.99 shipping  (Read 2576 times)

Offline ekeppel

Re: IBM Model F AT $99.99 + 18.99 shipping
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 13:48:27 »
I try not to pay more than around 50 bucks for these, but they have been selling for pretty high prices recently.

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 14:07:41 »
It's sold already. I kind of thought this was a "pretty good" rather than great price. Prices do seem to be getting a bit much. People trying to sell XTs for $150 and more too, though I doubt those are selling well. I guess it's all what the market will bear.

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 14:11:33 »
Yeah I've noticed those high priced XTs too, but I'm  hoping it's just a phase! :-)

Offline JP

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 14:21:13 »
Wow that sold quick. I seen one go for $203 + shipping not too long ago  :eek:
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 18:08:16 »
The AT is an order of magnitude more rare than the XT, and an order of magnitude better, in my opinion.

I am awaiting some new springs to complete an ANSI/Alt mod on an AT that should make it an extremely desirable product.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline orihalcon

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 21:23:34 »
The AT is an order of magnitude more rare than the XT, and an order of magnitude better, in my opinion.

I am awaiting some new springs to complete an ANSI/Alt mod on an AT that should make it an extremely desirable product.

Yeah, that's a mod I've been wanting to do to my AT as well. I kind of feel like I would prefer if the new holes are cut by a CNC machine though as I want a nice result. Anyone done that before? Should be fairly straightforward and I would think local companies could probably do it, just haven't actually looked into it yet :/

I am more used to seeing AT's go for $150-$200, but will admit that I don't watch them as closely as I used to.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 13:18:17 »

I kind of feel like I would prefer if the new holes are cut by a CNC machine though as I want a nice result. Anyone done that before? Should be fairly straightforward

That is a lot of overkill. With a cylindrical grinding bit on a Dremel it goes very fast and it is not hard to control.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 11:55:44 »

Just curious, what spring weight are you gonna use?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 14:17:45 »

Just curious, what spring weight are you gonna use?

The too-light springs that lot_lizard ordered a couple of months ago, I think that they are in the 40g-50g range.