Author Topic: [SOLD] 1395682 Industrial SSK on eBay up for auction.  (Read 5373 times)

Offline ekeppel

[SOLD] 1395682 Industrial SSK on eBay up for auction.
« on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 21:03:28 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302358851884

The BIN price is way out of line, but most likely just a 'dream' price.  The auction is open for bids, but the reserve may also be ridiculous given the BIN.

171523-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 October 2017, 20:39:50 by ekeppel »

Offline 1391406

Re: 1395682 Industrial SSK on eBay up for auction.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 03:10:51 »
It's not even that great a specimen. Definitely not worth anywhere near the BIN price. For what they're asking, they could've at least wiped it down.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline Gajible

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 03:21:26 »
Hahaha.. $2400?!

You can buy the one Ellipse has for over half that price.

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 17:37:08 »
Hahaha.. $2400?!

You can buy the one Ellipse has for over half that price.

Yeah, and even that price is pretty astronomical.  Who knows, maybe the reserve on this one is within the realm of reason.

...or maybe not. *shrug*

Offline mrduul

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 21:57:02 »
never understood industrial keyboard hype.

build quality is same as any other model M SSK.

Paint and blue keycaps is not worth it. Nor am I jealous of anyone that has one.

Offline JP

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 09:07:39 »
I even think the one Ellipse has for sale is on the high side and that one is half the price of this one.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 09:16:27 »
Yep, the only reason I posted this is because is is an auction, though the reserve could still prevent it from being sold at a reasonable price.

There's also a 1390653 Industrial with the black square label (similar to the 1388032) that was listed recently, but the BIN is like $900 so I didn't bother to post that one.  It also has a reserve, but starting bid is $450 so the reserve is higher.

In my opinion, reserve auctions are a really poor way to sell stuff.  Either set a fixed price auction or list it as an auction and you'll most likely get high market value.  The exposure on eBay is bar none.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 14:51:55 »
never understood industrial keyboard hype... build quality is same as any other model M SSK... Paint and blue keycaps is not worth it...

No kidding! There are two reasons people spend that kind of dough on boards that are only superficially different:
  • Hysteria
  • The idea, "Woo, I have something a bunch of other people wish they had!"
Sometimes we can be real monkeys.

Yep, the only reason I posted this is because is is an auction, though the reserve could still prevent it from being sold at a reasonable price... In my opinion, reserve auctions are a really poor way to sell stuff.  Either set a fixed price auction or list it as an auction and you'll most likely get high market value...

I couldn't agree more. Hiding your minimum price to encourage bidders? Excuse me? You want to inspire confidence in bidders—not give them the idea you're some coquettish, passive-aggressive seller who'd avoid being direct and honest if any problems came up.

It also seems to me that people who hide their true start prices don't have confidence in them. Is it possible they don't think their stuff is worth that much, and are embarrassed to say what they really want for it?

Yet when I posted these theories on an eBay forum, people leapt to Reserve Pricing's defence. Sellers, of course; there's no reason any buyer would prefer it, unless they liked playing hide-and-seek.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 15:44:44 »
...The exposure on eBay is bar none.

You're right—I exposed myself on eBay once, and all 50 states issued warrants for my arrest.

(I'm posting to this old thread because it took me 4 months to think of this joke. Those of you who know me will understand.)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: [SOLD] 1395682 Industrial SSK on eBay up for auction.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 15:38:01 »

You're right—I exposed myself on eBay once, and all 50 states issued warrants for my arrest.

(I'm posting to this old thread because it took me 4 months to think of this joke. Those of you who know me will understand.)
LOL!

In other news, the board sold for $660. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [SOLD] 1395682 Industrial SSK on eBay up for auction.
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 20:41:47 »

LOL!

In other news, the board sold for $660. :)

Prices have come down a lot!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ