Author Topic: [IC] GMK Calm Depths, LIVE in GB section  (Read 53540 times)

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
Re: [IC] GMK Calm Depths, Update 18.07 - Kits created
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:46:00 »
Would you consider doing a modifiers kit with the same colors as the alphas? All dark blue set would be incredible.
Dark blue ISO enter?
Im also curious about the timeline from IC to GB phase normally. Is it 3 months? 6?

+1 for this. Think of how great those would pair with OG triumph adler alphas. Imagine: http://imgur.com/r/all/lLIQT (well maybe the legends would have to be GMK's N5 blue color to really be a close match)

This looks great, but it's missing at least an essential 1u backspace. Also, numerous custom boards have split spacebar support with blank 1.25u caps included. I really don't get why these are never seen in any sets. I feel like those should be in every spacebar kit by standard these days.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:56:18 »
I'll probably be in if it's text & icons.
Really liked the way the OG set looked, but ya know, SA.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline deacon

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:57:17 »
Kudos for the Ergoplanck kit with alphas, a couple of R3 blanks are needed to cover the Planck/Preonic.

Edit: Are those R3 blanks next to the F and J keys? My bad...
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:58:55 by deacon »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 16:59:57 »
Kudos for the Ergoplanck kit with alphas, a couple of R3 blanks are needed to cover the Planck/Preonic.

Edit: Are those R3 blanks next to the F and J keys? My bad...

Yup, by my count Planck/Preonic are covered with alpha colored 1u's at the top like the Ergodox is here and in the original design.

Offline x86ect

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 20:07:22 »
Liking the colors on this
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:30:56 by x86ect »

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 09:06:46 »
Any chance the vi navigation arrows could be added in some one?

Offline anhkieet

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 10:26:01 »
Any chance for shift 2.0u :(

Offline calavera

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 23:15:05 »
Whats the time frame on this.. like whens it going into gb stage?

Offline Petch

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:03:31 »
Separate UK kit a possibility?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:07:51 »

It's been proven time and time again that international kits are struggling as it is, splitting it further down would not be a wise choice.

Offline Auk

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:29:38 »
...international kits... ...splitting...

Nautilus' Norde is at 75 units as of the July 18th update. That's with the Scandinavians' complaints and some dropping out due to the missing § ½ key. As much as it may not seem like a satisfactory solution either, moving the UK keys into base and paring the Norde kit to the essentials appears to be the way forward, at least until the European interest in custom keysets grows a bit larger.

@RedSuns' Red Samurai is adopting the Nautilus pattern for UK/Norde, but with the § ½ key added, which should strengthen sales of the Norde kit further. @T0mb3ry's Eclipse is similar, but the Norde is a fuller selection. Another variation I would suggest: put the ^ ° and § ½ in the base kit with UK, then choose whether to run the Norde kit as the lean, low cost pack like Nautilus, or go with the complete set.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:54:37 by Auk »

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:42:38 »
I use UK and DE layouts.  From the large amount of complains about Nautilus and the missing keys I think the way forward is a larger international kit as shown in the this IC.  Yes the UK people have to spend more, but with the very high GMK MOQ (compared to SP) I think it's for the best overall.  But yes every solution sucks for some people.

Offline Auk

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:51:31 »
I think it's for the best overall

Based on what evidence? The full size International always does poorly e.g. Yuri's sold 40 units only. Zambumon's bolder choice to do something different has been thoroughly vindicated by the sales numbers.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 16:23:22 »
I think it's for the best overall

Based on what evidence? The full size International always does poorly e.g. Yuri's sold 40 units only. Zambumon's bolder choice to do something different has been thoroughly vindicated by the sales numbers.

Yeah but yuri sold 50% less base kits and had Cyrillics. I do agree bundling more keys into the base makes lots of sense especially at massdrop moq, but I'm not sure there is anything that would indicate nautilus' int kit is selling any better than yuri, it just seems like the set is selling better overall.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 03:59:20 »
..., moving the UK keys into base and paring the Norde kit to the essentials appears to be the way forward, at least until the European interest in custom keysets grows a bit larger.

If the Norde kit would be moved to the base and the whole set would cost around 170$ and nobody buys it, would you also say "at least until the general interest in custom keysets grows a bit larger"? 
There is more than enough interest in Europe for custom keysets, the problem is that we have to pay 50% more to fit a keyboard properly compared to Ansi users. 
just my 2 cents ^^
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 04:08:21 by darthzero »
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline Petch

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 07:09:30 »

It's been proven time and time again that international kits are struggling as it is, splitting it further down would not be a wise choice.

Most sets include UK in the base or as a separate, and not in the international. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think many of us brits care enough to pay $50+ for only 6 1u keys (shift and \ are in the base kit already) - so international is going to struggle either way

I would imagine avoiding MD and using EU proxies would net you more international sales, if you're trying to hit the MOQ for that. Look at Nautilus; 1500 base kits and only 75 international. An even smaller percentage of international kits were sold for Yuri, where they didn't include UK in the base - supporting my argument that brits don't boost international kit sales  ;)
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 07:28:29 by Petch »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 07:28:21 »

Most sets include UK in the base or as a separate, and not in the international. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't think many of us brits care enough to pay $50+ for only 6 1u keys (shift and \ are in the base kit already) - so international is going to struggle either way

I would imagine avoiding MD and using EU proxies would net you more international sales, if you're trying to hit the MOQ for that. Look at Nautilus; 1500 base kits and only 75 international. An even smaller percentage of international kits were sold for Yuri, where they didn't include UK in the base

But 1500 base sets.  That's the more relevant number for most buys, I think.

Offline Petch

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 07:29:33 »

I would imagine avoiding MD and using EU proxies would net you more international sales, if you're trying to hit the MOQ for that. Look at Nautilus; 1500 base kits and only 75 international. An even smaller percentage of international kits were sold for Yuri, where they didn't include UK in the base

Sure, but we're talking about international/uk kits here...
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 07:37:19 by Petch »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 07:37:36 »

Sure, but we'r talking about international/uk kits here...

But you're suggesting cutting off your nose to spite your face.  No matter if you're talking international/uk kits, without the base set numbers you kill the drop.

Offline Auk

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 08:05:41 »
...yuri sold 50% less base kits...

Ignore Cyrillic, it's irrelevant. We are only interested in the ratio of language child kit / base kits, and it follows predictions. You get much higher % language kit sales with lower prices, Nautilus is more than double Yuri and likely approaching MT3 /dev/tty. That is a minor miracle for a GMK set.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 08:11:49 by Auk »

Offline Petch

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 08:07:25 »

Sure, but we'r talking about international/uk kits here...

But you're suggesting cutting off your nose to spite your face.  No matter if you're talking international/uk kits, without the base set numbers you kill the drop.

Is this in response to my comment about not using MD? I know that won't happen - as much as I would prefer not to buy from MD.

I'd like to focus on Yuri vs Nautilus, where one had the UK keys in the base set and the other was in an international kit. OP seems to think removing UK keys from the international will hurt international sales, but I doubt it. Unfortunately, we don't have many examples to look at - but from what we do have the UK kit not being in the international kit didn't hurt international sales (as a percentage of base kits sold). It just depends what adding the UK kit to the base set will do to the base price, but considering Nautilus started on $130 with the UK keys, I don't think it's much of a problem.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
Re: [IC] GMK Calm Depths, vote for legend style
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 10:29:25 »
Will it run through KeyClack again?

I asked jchan before, but he wasn't so keen about it due to the politic side of things because of colorways etc. To tip MOQ on Colevrak/Internation we need to go MD I think. I currently don't know of a GMK set to come to MD after Laser.

Deep Space
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Auk

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 10:40:13 »
I currently don't know of a GMK set to come to MD after Laser.

Deep Space

Red Samurai, Black Lotus and Necro are all doing well on MD polls, but who knows when they would run...

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 13:07:22 »
...yuri sold 50% less base kits...

Ignore Cyrillic, it's irrelevant. We are only interested in the ratio of language child kit / base kits, and it follows predictions. You get much higher % language kit sales with lower prices, Nautilus is more than double Yuri and likely approaching MT3 /dev/tty. That is a minor miracle for a GMK set.

It is not irrelevant; it can be used to cover those same layouts. Are you dense?

There are absolutely people who passed on int and got Cyrillic instead.

I would not call 1-2% higher attach rate "much higher".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 17:48:40 »

Deep Space

Red Samurai, Black Lotus and Necro are all doing well on MD polls, but who knows when they would run...

The MD polls often don't mean much by themselves.  MD will just reference them later if they decide to run the buy.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 02:53:00 »

Deep Space

Keep in mind LSB is one of the main people working on Deep Space so I think he knows when Deep Space is coming

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:36:24 »
Interesting to see that the correct Deskthority logo is used and not that D and T all GB's use. I guess permission was granted to use that copyrighted logo, right ?
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 09:42:04 »
Interesting to see that the correct Deskthority logo is used and not that D and T all GB's use. I guess permission was granted to use that copyrighted logo, right ?

To be quite honest, I did receive permission from matt3o regarding the use on SA Oblivion, but have him not asked yet for a more global permission. I'll get right on that!

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 11:23:24 »
To be quite honest, I did receive permission from matt3o regarding the use on SA Oblivion, but have him not asked yet for a more global permission. I'll get right on that!
Cool  :cool: because I like seeing the correct logo being used and not that D&T that has nothing to do with our DT Club  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 15:49:21 »
This looks awesome!  I am in as well!

This would be perfect for my work board!
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 23:54:29 »
Yep 100% in for this. Want this GB to go through more than others I've seen so far  ;D  1 Base Kit and Community Kit for me please  ;)
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline poolside

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 18:34:43 »
Will it run through KeyClack again?

I asked jchan before, but he wasn't so keen about it due to the politic side of things because of colorways etc. To tip MOQ on Colevrak/Internation we need to go MD I think. I currently don't know of a GMK set to come to MD after Laser.

Deep Space

The light at the end of the tunnel  :)

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 10:32:45 »
I am also IN for sure. This is a must for me.

--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline feraphic

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 15:08:15 »
I'm interested.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 August 2017, 12:24:38 by feraphic »

Offline Berzerker

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 22:31:53 »
I was under the impression that GMK could do multi-stem spacebars, can they not combine the centered and off-center stem into one spacebar, potentially lowering costs or allowing for some other extra keys (like windowed stepped capslock?)

Offline techfresh

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 08:15:56 »
+1 for this set

Offline davisthegreat

• 3DKeebs
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 16:27:29 »
not a fan of SA ... but this looks PERFECT.

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 09:56:54 »
I have a hyperfuse. I have a nautilus. Uh, Hypertilus!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 10:01:10 »
Alpha colored mods would be sweet. There is no normal timeline from ic to gb. Depends on creator workload, vendor availability, community interest, etc.  Some sets take weeks, others up to a year.
keyboards.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 10:56:23 »
I have a hyperfuse. I have a nautilus. Uh, Hypertilus!

Actually, your're right, that's GMK Calm Depths.   Hyperfuse Mods with Nautalis Alphas.  It's exactly Calm Depths. 

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 10:02:27 »
Yes, DC kit please.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 00:48:00 »
GMK version is starting to grow on me :thinking:

Offline Pepe_Silvia

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 00:59:35 »
Any chance for an alt dark mod kit?

Offline Wolf123rt

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 05:35:44 »
I'm extremely interested

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 06:52:31 »
Fixed Ergoplanck kit, hope I'm not missing anything else. Need to add the swedish [5$€] key to International kit, otherwise not aware of any errors.

old: http://i.imgur.com/SRszsMI.jpg
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 September 2017, 06:55:55 by Oblotzky »

Offline avid

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 07:05:54 »
Really like this set.
1. Is there any consensus on big vs small int. kits? Personally i prefer small kits (nautilus) since big kits i pay like $15 a key.
2. Would you consider selling modifier kit in the same blue as alphas? This is one of few set i feel like would look incredible uniform.

I see this set has 500 votes on massdrop. I have no idea however what that means or how close that means to a run. Is there any estimates when a possible run? Are we talking possible q1/2?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 07:29:54 »
Really like this set.
1. Is there any consensus on big vs small int. kits? Personally i prefer small kits (nautilus) since big kits i pay like $15 a key.
2. Would you consider selling modifier kit in the same blue as alphas? This is one of few set i feel like would look incredible uniform.

I see this set has 500 votes on massdrop. I have no idea however what that means or how close that means to a run. Is there any estimates when a possible run? Are we talking possible q1/2?

I haven't even spoken to Yanbo about this. It's quite possible that we could run it through a different vendor as well. MD has GMK Laser and GMK Deep Space on schedule I believe, 1 more I heard of but not sure if that's public info. Also GMK Red Sun has quite a lot of votes for it and came before this. If they run 1 set every 3 months, we'd be looking at quite a wait still. Other vendors could possibly mean dropping child kits though. Or doing the small size International only. Colevrak would probably be off the table alltogether if it's not run on MD.

Offline avid

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 07:42:27 »
So considering a possible MD run is approx a year away, i highly support going with other vendors  :thumb:.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 10:24:47 »
Yeah, count me in for going with a different vendor. It'd also help avoid any conflict with SA Calm Depths (assuming they run through MD).

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 12:11:31 »
I probably won't buy it if Colevrak isn't available, but I know I'm in the minority here.