Author Topic: [SOLD] Data General Dasher D200 starting at $49.99 on eBay US  (Read 4680 times)

Offline ekeppel

[SOLD] Data General Dasher D200 starting at $49.99 on eBay US
« on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 15:48:15 »
Low starting bid on this one, and it comes with the display as well!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Monitor-Terminal-Keyboard-Blue-Clicky-Spring-Data-General-Dasher-D-200-/272789867372

174930-0

Edit: The seller added additional photos, and the thing actually powers up.  Pretty darn cool. :-)
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 August 2017, 04:53:56 by ekeppel »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Data General Dasher D200 starting at $49.99 on eBay US
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 16:33:45 »
Damn, I was hoping to get this D: . From what I've read it's foam and foil, but it looks pretty cool.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 16:39:38 »
Well, I'm not bidding on it myself... Just sharing. I do hope you get it though, as I would love to see it reviewed! :-D

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 06:30:54 »
Hmmm, it seems to have been relisted actually. Originally the listing was only for the keyboard, but now there's a monitor as well. It also didn't list that it was for a Dasher, it was listed as a generic keyboard.

This is ultra ****, because the shipping is now much higher, and the listing has already attracted bidders. Goddammit, when am I going to be able to get one of these?! >.>

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 08:01:21 »
They sure are pretty. That colourway... And  the monitor is even more Jetsons-y than the Jetsons:

We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 09:20:42 »
That monitor is probably about the most awesome looking monitor in monitor history.  Vertical Xerox monitors are pretty cool as well.

Am I the only one that thinks the keyboard is interesting, but not particularly good looking?

Edit I should clarify, I DO like the colors, but that is about it.  It looks better sitting with the monitor.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline ekeppel

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 09:39:10 »
That monitor is probably about the most awesome looking monitor in monitor history.  Vertical Xerox monitors are pretty cool as well.

Am I the only one that thinks the keyboard is interesting, but not particularly good looking?

Yeah, that monitor is really something.  They don't make them like that anymore, that's for sure! :-)

When I saw the keyboard originally, I was outside in the sun and on my phone, so the pictures were hard to see and I thought it was some modern chinese knock-off or something because of the looks.  Shows you how much I know about DG, lol.

The auction had several revisions since I first noticed it.  Sad to say, I'm fairly certain that the original listing was buy-it-now for $49.95, and had a very generic description along the lines of 'vintage keyboard'.   :eek:

A while later, the seller removed the buy-it-now option and made it an auction, also adding the monitor.  Then shortly after I shared the listing here, they apparently did some additional research and revised the auction again (as Chyros mentioned) adding more photos and a better description.  I guess they actually cancelled the original auction and relisted it after changes.

Had I known more about DG, of course I would have bought it for the original BIN price, but as most of you know, I'm generally an IBM guy, and my knowledge of other brands is rather limited.  Missing something like that definitely makes me feel stupid, but I guess we live and learn right?  :'(
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 August 2017, 09:47:35 by ekeppel »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 10:13:40 »

Edit I should clarify, I DO like the colors, but that is about it.  It looks better sitting with the monitor.
I think the keyboard looks amazing. Yes, the monitor is amazing as well, but unfortunately its inclusion has massively driven up the price and shipping, so now I can't afford it anymore D: . Which is ultra ****, I've wanted one of these for quite a while now!

Offline JP

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 10:23:57 »
Wow, that monitor and keyboard is very impressive.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 18:14:38 »
That monitor is probably about the most awesome looking monitor in monitor history...

Not quite as awesome as this one:

Computer Space and the Dawn of the Arcade Video Game
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 01:11:17 »
Went for $525 in the end. Holy ****balls, someone really wanted that monitor! Oo

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 04:49:02 »
Sold... You may want to tag your topic.