Author Topic: Normalizing Shirt Sizes accros the Earf  (Read 4457 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Normalizing Shirt Sizes accros the Earf
« on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 16:06:00 »
I dream of a day when your size of T-Shirt is the same size regardless of the store, brand, or country.

Dress-rooms are a waste of time..we need shirt size regulation. Hopefully this can be brought up in congress sometime soon??

Offline gnmar2723

Re: Normalizing Shirt Sizes accros the Earf
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 22:03:54 »
Regardless if there is ever an international standard (for anything much less t-shirt size) it's still gonna vary. Different people working the sewing machines = different shirt every single time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 22:42:32 »
It's not just the size of the shirt.

it's the CUT,  as well.

For example,  2 shirts can be the same size,  but one has a much narrower mid-section..

There is an artificial dichotomy in clothing,  whereby all expensive name brand clothing are designed for Slim-fit..

-- they purposely want to exclude Bigger-people from wearing the brand so that style / color / geometry  will look better ON AVERAGE as they're worn by Better-Looking People.

But,  they offer free returns now if you shop online,  so it's not such a big deal..

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 23:09:21 »
It's not just the size of the shirt.

it's the CUT,  as well.

For example,  2 shirts can be the same size,  but one has a much narrower mid-section..

There is an artificial dichotomy in clothing,  whereby all expensive name brand clothing are designed for Slim-fit..

-- they purposely want to exclude Bigger-people from wearing the brand so that style / color / geometry  will look better ON AVERAGE as they're worn by Better-Looking People.

But,  they offer free returns now if you shop online,  so it's not such a big deal..

Are there any good places to shop online? I've never done anything like that except for maybe a pair of shoes once.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 23:18:40 »

Are there any good places to shop online? I've never done anything like that except for maybe a pair of shoes once.

better ask the younger geekackers..  Tp4 not up to date on the Kewl kids brands.

Online Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 23:41:51 »
I dream of a day when your size of T-Shirt is the same size regardless of the store, brand, or country.
As a woman...  :))
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 23:50:50 »
As a woman...  :))

uh oh..

this is entering MRA vs Femi-nazi territory.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 00:04:21 »

better ask the younger geekackers..  Tp4 not up to date on the Kewl kids brands.

I am the younger geekhacker... uh oh

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 00:23:45 »

I am the younger geekhacker... uh oh

I meant.. ahhh.. younger geekhacker who's popular in skool.. .... from the middle class who has mall-spending-money...

Yea.. that's what i meant.. makes sense..

good job Tp4..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 00:37:59 »
Isn't it just the US that uses different sizes? :p
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 01:00:36 »

He's calling us Phat..

how dare you..   we're big boned..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 05:07:37 »

He's calling us Phat..

how dare you..   we're big boned..
No, I've been to the US, you can't fool me :p .

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 08:03:37 »
I wear T-shirts every day and all of them were imported from the USA. A cheap, regular American "Large" T-shirt is slimmer and longer than a "Extra Large" over here.
I'm not overly tall, only 6'1 (185 cm), but I can't wear a "Swedish" sized T-shirt or I would show off my belly, and it would flap around in the wind.

A "Large" dress-shirt or flannel shirt often works fine though, but I would still need to try it on in the store.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 09:49:35 »
I basically only wear XXL or greater stuff. Massively oversized clothes FTW!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 16:10:02 »
I can't get over the fact that you can try on a Large shirt, have it fit perfectly, then another "designer" t-shirt right next to it have it fit super tight like a German Techno Disco-goerer (new word?)

no offense to the German homies..disco on my bruthas.

Online Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 18:57:36 »
I know you were joking, but actually, there are quite a few different ways to measure sizes. The US, EU and China(?) all use different size systems, you can see this in your shoes. China not only has their own system, but then the manufacturers there play games to maximize profits even more, and since you have little recourse, some companies are more like working with the Mafia ("you didn't specify what a large meant so we gave you children's large, no refunds. NEXT!").

Then you get to places like the Singapore, where they not only play the Chinese game, but apparently the women are much smaller. As such you can find reports on Ebay and Amazon where women buy clothes in their size based on the provided sizing charts, only to find the clothes fit their 6 year old daughter. To be fair, they should have known when you buy a Singapore knockoff, of a Chinese knockoff, of an American knockoff, of an Italian dress through a website sight unseen for $10.  :))

https://suburbanturmoil.com/this-is-what-happens-when-you-order-ridiculously-cheap-clothing-from-singapore/2014/11/21/

Still, not as bad as the people who bought really nice Adirondack chairs for $$$ only to find they were high detail miniatures.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 August 2017, 19:00:50 by Leslieann »
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 01:11:09 »
I know you were joking, but actually, there are quite a few different ways to measure sizes. The US, EU and China(?) all use different size systems, you can see this in your shoes. China not only has their own system, but then the manufacturers there play games to maximize profits even more, and since you have little recourse, some companies are more like working with the Mafia ("you didn't specify what a large meant so we gave you children's large, no refunds. NEXT!").

Then you get to places like the Singapore, where they not only play the Chinese game, but apparently the women are much smaller. As such you can find reports on Ebay and Amazon where women buy clothes in their size based on the provided sizing charts, only to find the clothes fit their 6 year old daughter. To be fair, they should have known when you buy a Singapore knockoff, of a Chinese knockoff, of an American knockoff, of an Italian dress through a website sight unseen for $10.  :))

https://suburbanturmoil.com/this-is-what-happens-when-you-order-ridiculously-cheap-clothing-from-singapore/2014/11/21/

Still, not as bad as the people who bought really nice Adirondack chairs for $$$ only to find they were high detail miniatures.
Haha even my own country uses different measurements, it really depends on the country tbh :) .

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 17:11:15 »

Wow, that's pretty bad. Wish I could say I'm surprised.. My problem seems to small compared to these poor asians. :)

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 13:27:35 »
For dress shirts, it's pretty much standard already... you got the size of neck and length of arm
But for t shirt probably never gonna happen especially women's t shirt...

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 17:17:08 »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 16:59:54 »
I hate how it seems every day that goes by, my clothes just keep getting smaller and smaller!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 17:32:00 »
I hate how it seems every day that goes by, my clothes just keep getting smaller and smaller!

Hai.. !!

Do you have a moment to talk about 100% Veggie 10% Fats ?

Online Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 18:22:58 »
Because they are.
It's a conspiracy between your waist, the dryer and the manufacturers.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 20:14:32 »
Because they are.

Tp4 shirts getting bigger each day.. !!

Offline mrhead

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 01:37:59 »

Hai.. !!

Sorry, I don't like to talk when I'm going through mcdonald's drive thru!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 01:39:10 »

Hai.. !!

No probs br0... no judgement here.. only Veggies.

Let me know when you get ur first heart attack,  There is 25% chance of instant death, so you have a 75% chance of surviving it.

Best of Luck..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 17:40:07 »
Because they are.

I agree, they run dryers way too hot so your clothes shrink/fade faster causing us to buy more imported goods.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 19:35:18 »
Because they are.

I agree, they run dryers way too hot so your clothes shrink/fade faster causing us to buy more imported goods.

Tp4 Unfat 2017 is On track. !!

Offline firezlife

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 07:36:58 »
Be very wary ordering shirts from AliExpress.  I'm between a X and XL size in USA.  Ordered a 4XL from AliExpress and it fits more like a S in USA size.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 08:36:56 »
Be very wary ordering shirts from AliExpress.  I'm between a X and XL size in USA.  Ordered a 4XL from AliExpress and it fits more like a S in USA size.

part of the issue is they mostly don't use dryers in other countries

so their cloths are just hung up in the sunlight.  Therefore it doesn't shrink as much vs us sized clothing when worn,  so they as a whole have a smaller cut, as their dried size is larger.

Offline iri

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 03:38:38 »
I buy American XL sized t-shirts and use them as duvet covers.

Why would Singaporeans make knock-offs when they can just buy Italian clothes?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline atarione

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 12:17:25 »
I dream of XLT being a sized regularly stocked ...so many snarky tees I can't wear because if i stretch I'd show my midriff ..and that won't do...

it would be nice if stuff was more standard many XXL tees are long enough but not all.

Offline mrhead

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 16:20:06 »

Hai.. !!

No probs br0... no judgement here.. only Veggies.

Let me know when you get ur first heart attack,  There is 25% chance of instant death, so you have a 75% chance of surviving it.

Best of Luck..

If I get chest pains I wash the hurts away with super size diet cokes!!!