Author Topic: [IC] GMK Fishbed  (Read 65506 times)

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
Re: [IC] GMK Fishbed
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 23:16:13 »
120 MOQ... damn, nice. Wonder if GMK has changed their numbers across the board?

Offline FSund

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 03:39:21 »
New Update -

Show Image

So here is the newer update, I have removed some keys and fitted the set to have the same keys as GMK Nautilus, this should slightly drop the price. Also fixed the legends on the 2D render, obviously it will be GMK fonts and the arrows will probably be custom.

Probably missed a thing or two. They will be then fixed if anything is wrong.

Updated Red-Pack to have the alarm lights as well, only problem is not really sure how to figure out the font/symbols so R1s from the top rows can be used as a red light for the hazard lights.

What do you guys think?

That's a very nice looking keyset, I'm most likely in for all 3 packs!

A minor notice though: I think the sizes of some of the keys are wrong in the image. The two R4 shifts, and the R4 Ctrl and Alt keys seem to be 0.25u too large.
The shift keys should be 2.25u, and 1.75u, now they look like they are 2.5u and 2u. The Ctrl and Alt are 1.75u, but should be 1.5u.

I have highlighted the errors in the attached image.
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 03:51:34 »
Filled out. Adding onto what Petch said  the end question (what kits would you buy) is not multi-choice. I personally would buy base and red kit.

Fixed!

120 MOQ... damn, nice. Wonder if GMK has changed their numbers across the board?

No, that is just CandyKeys working its magic :) We promised that we WILL make this happen.

New Update -

Show Image

So here is the newer update, I have removed some keys and fitted the set to have the same keys as GMK Nautilus, this should slightly drop the price. Also fixed the legends on the 2D render, obviously it will be GMK fonts and the arrows will probably be custom.

Probably missed a thing or two. They will be then fixed if anything is wrong.

Updated Red-Pack to have the alarm lights as well, only problem is not really sure how to figure out the font/symbols so R1s from the top rows can be used as a red light for the hazard lights.

What do you guys think?

That's a very nice looking keyset, I'm most likely in for all 3 packs!

A minor notice though: I think the sizes of some of the keys are wrong in the image. The two R4 shifts, and the R4 Ctrl and Alt keys seem to be 0.25u too large.
The shift keys should be 2.25u, and 1.75u, now they look like they are 2.5u and 2u. The Ctrl and Alt are 1.75u, but should be 1.5u.

I have highlighted the errors in the attached image.

Thanks a lot, working on it! Great suggestions guys.

Filled out form, pasting suggestions here as well for discussion

• No red pack please / separate kit
  • R4 1.25u Caps Lock (so Caps Lock and Control can be swapped, GMK have this mold)
  • Change R2 1.5u backspace/delete key to just the larger backspace icon (not the boxed one, just "<---")
  • Support 1800 layout with R3 1u "+" and R2 "-"
  • Support 75% layout with R2 PgUp, R3 PgDn and R4 End keys. Currently there are 2 R3 PgUp keys and 2 R2 PgDn keys

Btw, I'm not sure what you mean by "Would you like a default Red ESC button for a smaller extra base price?"

Are we getting the cap for a small price, or making the price smaller by only having 1 escape?

And the spacebar selection isn't multi-choice. I'd want 6.25u and 7u personally

I'm assuming the f & j keys in base set are scooped? Can't tell from the image

Working on it, do you prefer scooped? As originally they were not, The Red-Pack is separate, sadly a crucial part to the set so can not delete it.

The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline Petch

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 04:24:33 »
Working on it, do you prefer scooped? As originally they were not, The Red-Pack is separate, sadly a crucial part to the set so can not delete it.

There should be scooped and barred homing keys, not any flat/normal ones (IMO)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 12:59:35 »
Personally I want to see the ISO/Euro key's made into there own set. My understanding from other group buy runners is that majority of people prefer Ansi layout. Having those key's included in the base set is like asking 99% of people to pay for the 1-6% to get there special key's. I mean understand its not the most popular opinion. Neither would asking European customers to split the cost of shipping and having a base shipping rate world wide. It also cut down on the overall cost of the set as it drop 3-4 key's if I am not mistaken perhaps more.

Before anyone gets upset get over it. When we get board's that does not have the majority of the community backing then we can assume keycaps will be harder to find. Its happen to me with both Topre boards. Its also happened with my stepped cap lock key.... Thats not to mention that if you want a special layout for something like a race 3 you most likely pay out the nose if its supported cause you have to buy 3-4 extra sets to get key compatibility. Its the price of being unique.

Offline Trousers

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 13:33:05 »
Personally I want to see the ISO/Euro key's made into there own set. My understanding from other group buy runners is that majority of people prefer Ansi layout. Having those key's included in the base set is like asking 99% of people to pay for the 1-6% to get there special key's. I mean understand its not the most popular opinion. Neither would asking European customers to split the cost of shipping and having a base shipping rate world wide. It also cut down on the overall cost of the set as it drop 3-4 key's if I am not mistaken perhaps more.

I think you should go one step further and demand that the ISO keys be scrapped altogether. I mean, why produce them if you don't personally need them?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 03:32:23 »

Before anyone gets upset get over it. When we get board's that does not have the majority of the community backing then we can assume keycaps will be harder to find. Its happen to me with both Topre boards. Its also happened with my stepped cap lock key.... Thats not to mention that if you want a special layout for something like a race 3 you most likely pay out the nose if its supported cause you have to buy 3-4 extra sets to get key compatibility. Its the price of being unique.

They are in their own set, as in pack.

We do have the demand personally too, we are based in the EU :)

I think you should go one step further and demand that the ISO keys be scrapped altogether. I mean, why produce them if you don't personally need them?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 12:48:55 »

Its not about me personally but about the majority! What I have gathered. The Majority doesn't use ISO/Eu keys.. in fact it seems to be a hot button subject that regardless of what designers do. They get flack for it. By removing them completely. Designers could get rid of one of the headaches they deal with.. while upsetting what 1-2% of the community.. who will become less then .5% of the community once they figure out.. there no longer going to be supported. It was just me that didn't want ISO key's then by no means would I have voiced my opinion. Its like me wanting Topre key's to be made.. I don't say anything cause honestly the demand would be to low for the overall cost of them.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 13:04:49 »
All the data has shown that when push comes to shove and people have to actually buy sets regardless of website offering that ISO users are without a doubt a super small loud minority.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 16:50:16 »
All the data has shown that when push comes to shove and people have to actually buy sets regardless of website offering that ISO users are without a doubt a super small loud minority.

I think we will push a small ISO kit IC on the website post coming soon to gauge interest not just from geekhack but our website reach.

The changes that will be made is:

Cut down on Novelties
Extra SpaceBar Kit will be added (with split spaces)

The launch will be 26/1/2018 unless there are any communication delays between GMK and us. Full renders by the end of the week for sure.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 13:46:26 »
Are we still looking at a 1/26 launch?
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline Gamatatsu

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 15:36:00 »
Is the group buy still happening today?

Offline sacklunch

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 13:10:43 »
Apparently it's not happening this weekend?

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 14:03:31 »
Hopefully this does go on sale soon, I really like this kit. Also i think it would make some killer combos with GMK Sky/Ocean Dolch! :thumb:

Offline schmoktopus

« Reply #214 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 14:14:45 »
How do i get this cool looking fishbed banner?

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 11:53:53 »
How long would the GB run? I'm going to be low on funds for the next two weeks because my bank account needs to recover a bit but would love to join.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 13:44:52 »
How do i get this cool looking fishbed banner?
Go to your forum profile and paste this code in the signature section.

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91190.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/qCn8DJZ.png[/img][/url]
How long would the GB run?
Usually, GBs are open for either two or four weeks, but it's really CandyKeys' decision.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline schmoktopus

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 14:25:34 »
Oh cool, thanks. Where do i get these codes usually from?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 14:41:14 »
Oh cool, thanks. Where do i get these codes usually from?
It's called BBCode, you can find plenty of info on Google.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 18:00:01 »
Is the group buy still happening today?

UPDATE - Due to GMK Blue on Black Success and Kester Solder that we had to clear up, we had delays.
Coming this week.

How long would the GB run? I'm going to be low on funds for the next two weeks because my bank account needs to recover a bit but would love to join.

3 - 4 weeks!

Are we still looking at a 1/26 launch?

Delayed for reasons above.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 18:04:49 »
UPDATE - 30/01/18
We are aware of the late launch, reason being that the Successful KESTER Solder and GMK Blue on Black GBS had to be organised, ordered and shipped. Now we are in the clear and it is a go ahead, a few things changing on the set because of the questionnaire, which was really helpful are:

- Spacebar Kit will be a new kit, a seperate one
- Many people agreed to having the RED ESC being standard so there are no extra mold fees for it, but will probably still be included regardless
- Chinese Airforce Novelty will disappear
- Cross-hair key will be replced
- Suggestions to take out black and white Eject keys

If anyone has any comments, this is the last opportunity to do so! We have gotten feeedback through Insta, FB and everything and it is being followed. Sorry for being so busy!

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 20:41:47 »
UPDATE - 30/01/18
We are aware of the late launch, reason being that the Successful KESTER Solder and GMK Blue on Black GBS had to be organised, ordered and shipped. Now we are in the clear and it is a go ahead, a few things changing on the set because of the questionnaire, which was really helpful are:

- Many people agreed to having the RED ESC being standard so there are no extra mold fees for it, but will probably still be included regardless

If anyone has any comments, this is the last opportunity to do so! We have gotten feeedback through Insta, FB and everything and it is being followed. Sorry for being so busy!

What sizes would the space bar kit contain if you don't mind me asking?

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 21:43:45 »
UPDATE - 30/01/18

Please see if you can include the optional arrow keys in the same colour as the alpha keys.

Either in the base set or add on kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline kiettv12

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 11:09:43 »
will buy

Offline schmoktopus

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 12:46:45 »
Will you still be offering the orange, yellow and green keys? And by "Red esc key", do you mean that the "Fire" Novelty key got discarded?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #225 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 17:40:09 »
Will you still be offering the orange, yellow and green keys? And by "Red esc key", do you mean that the "Fire" Novelty key got discarded?

Yes for the extra keys, we just really want them no matter what the price because we believe it adds a lot to the idea of being inside of a cockpit and lets be honest, not many sets have such cool keys :)
With the RED ESC KEY, sorry for not keeping that clear, the normal red key will be included but one mold will be dropped, FIRE will most likely stay.

will buy

Awesome!

UPDATE - 30/01/18

Please see if you can include the optional arrow keys in the same colour as the alpha keys.

Either in the base set or add on kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very slim chance of this happening, will explore.

UPDATE - 30/01/18

What sizes would the space bar kit contain if you don't mind me asking?

Determining that, will release all at once.

Offline Trousers

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 02:38:05 »
I guess it's too late in the process, but I wouldn't mind some cyrillic in the novelties. A Russian 'eject' or something.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #227 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 08:53:01 »
I guess it's too late in the process, but I wouldn't mind some cyrillic in the novelties. A Russian 'eject' or something.

Would love to but sadly drive the prices up a lot the more we add, I do like idea maybe in V2 where we also have a night cockpit version.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 20:26:16 »

Would love to but sadly drive the prices up a lot the more we add, I do like idea maybe in V2 where we also have a night cockpit version.
You could always run a separate drop for the alphas sometime down the line I think. I've never ran a groupbuy so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 19:35:10 »

You could always run a separate drop for the alphas sometime down the line I think. I've never ran a groupbuy so I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Let us see what this set will bring us!
Renders done soon, only if one render did not take 1 day that would be nice.

Offline sheepish.alpaca

« Reply #230 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 23:07:32 »
Just joined to ask a couple questions:

• Are the red keys universally P3? I was looking to maybe pair it with Yuri, which uses RO2.
  • What's the status of the red kit? I saw your post last month saying it probably wasn't going to happen, but has that changed?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 17:14:55 »
Just joined to ask a couple questions:

• Are the red keys universally P3? I was looking to maybe pair it with Yuri, which uses RO2.
  • What's the status of the red kit? I saw your post last month saying it probably wasn't going to happen, but has that changed?

Red kit is happening, just has to be cut down due to the close to insane cost of nearly 70 EUR or something like that. Update coming this week with final pricing and all that :)

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #232 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 07:52:14 »
Appreciate trying to keep the cost low.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 17:47:29 »
Appreciate trying to keep the cost low.

Will be the biggest strength of this set for sure!

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 21:45:00 »
whats going on with this set?

Offline BrambleTheBoar

• Keep it tight!
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 22:37:10 »
Are there any new updates?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #236 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 05:04:37 »

Pricing is in, just finished and finalised it after talking with Oblotzky today. Since there were some errors: Info out tonight.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 05:34:53 »
Hope the new spacebar kit includes 6u center-stem.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 11:12:57 »

Pricing is in, just finished and finalised it after talking with Oblotzky today. Since there were some errors: Info out tonight.

Any news on the news? ;D

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 17:46:32 »

Any news on the news? ;D

Launching this week, waiting on renders from Oblotzky!

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #240 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 20:04:01 »
whats the pricing look like?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 14:39:53 »
Set is launching on Friday! Pricing is going to be updated on the website, GMK Sent us the wrong renders but we have the final renders from Oblotzky and we have all material ready and completed.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 16:53:08 »
Yasss can't wait to see the renders.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 February 2018, 16:59:11 by hineybush »

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:17:06 »
RENDERS by Oblotzky - Awesome stuff, thanks man!

The final 2d renders, this is updated, removed and added a few things after many suggestions:

The GMK Renders are coming, they sent wrong ones so we are waiting on the repaired ones. The pricing is as follows (can still be changed a slight bit) :

BASE KIT
at 120 = 103,30 EUR not including tax. / 123,00 EUR including tax
at 250 = 95,00 EUR / 113,00 EUR
at 500 = 88,00 EUR / 105,00 EUR

NORDE KIT
at 100 = 33,60 EUR not including tax. / 40,00 EUR including tax
at 150 = 29,50 EUR / 35,00 EUR
at 250 = 25,20 EUR / 30,00 EUR

RED PACK
at 100 = 39,49 EUR not including tax. / 47,00 EUR including tax
at 150 = 35,30 EUR / 42,00 EUR
at 250 = 31,93 EUR / 38,00 EUR

The set is really great, happy with the way it turned out after all these months of waiting, the dark Soviet theme is felt and I can not complain, we might have a small vote on the Ins key which has a white legend due to contrast but that will probably change to black.
The pricing is INCLUDING PAYPAL FEES and CREDIT CARD FEES. The GB will be available tomorrow on our website www.candykeys.com, no proxies but you do not pay EU taxes and it is still a very very very good deal in our minds. This should come off as one of a cheaper GMK sets out there. Thanks a lot all!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:33:26 »
Which arrows did you end up going with?

Offline noSatellite

• perpetual n00b
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 14:35:43 »
I am so looking forward to this - looks amazing.   :D
What I lack in time, resources, and knowledge I make up for in passion, enthusiasm and ignorance.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #246 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:12:36 »
Which arrows did you end up going with?

Arrows are going to be the modern styled delta arrows :) Fits the cockpit more.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:13:33 »
I am so looking forward to this - looks amazing.   :D

Much love. The response was great with 100 yes's, we kept the price down, (sadly had to add 3 EUR due to PayPal fees and all) but we are excited as much as you are!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:15:17 »
Great prices, even at the lowest MOQ. GLWB :p

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:20:52 »
Great prices, even at the lowest MOQ. GLWB :p

yeah, no kidding
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90